Canyon Springs Golf Club Reviews

Canyon Springs Golf Club 6
Canyon Springs Golf Club 7

Brittany Guajardo · Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding bliss

My husband and I had our 10 year vow renewal and it was amazing. The staff was so great to us. I couldn't have picked a better place. They did things exactly how we requested. It was an absolutely magical evening!!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Meri · Married on 04/09/2017

The perfect location for our reception! Wedding was Renaissance themed so the Dining Room, with its stone walls and exposed wood, was a great setting. Meetings with Sales went well, questions answered promptly. They even followed up with us two weeks before, before we got to them! Banquet Captain Guillermo made some excellent suggestions at our last meeting for changes to the setup that made perfect sense, and worked with us day of on some small changes as well. The staff was super attentive, making everything so easy. Great selections and reaally good pricing for 56 people (and some kids).

Sent on 04/18/2017

Canyon Springs Golf Club's reply:

Meredith - Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so pleased to hear that you both had a wonderful celebration with family & friends! Thank you for choosing Canyon Springs Golf Club and allowing us to be a part of your special day. - Brenda Willis

Stephanie · Married on 10/15/2016

We booked Canyon Springs Golf Club for our October 2016 wedding and could not be happier with our decision. We worked with Ashlee and Guillermo, who was our day of coordinator. We visited several venues before coming here, and this was the perfect place for us. I had a lot of questions in the beginning about different packages and pricing, and Ashlee was so responsive and answered all of my questions. Ashlee and Guillermo made sure our day went as smooth as possible with all of their coordination with us, and our special day turned out perfect thanks to them and the staff at Canyon Springs. Our guests loved the waterfall, the food and drinks were great and reasonably priced, and the space is perfect for medium-large weddings. I'd highly recommend brides to be to book their wedding here. They do everything in house (catering, bar tending, chairs, ceremony, reception) and it makes it so stress free not having to coordinate with multiple vendors.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Tori · Married on 10/17/2015

This was a beautiful and elegant venue for a Fall wedding. It is the consummate Texas location, especially if you're having out of state guests, it gives them a real sense of our wild, but sophisticated Texas flare! Brenda was our consultant and was both knowledgeable and professional, as well as patient and helpful. We dropped in several times to view different aspects of the venue throughout our planning months to take measurements, plan according to the setting, etc. Brenda was very accommodating when it was time for us to take bridal portraits by the waterfalls, supplying a place for our bride to change and the use of a golf cart. The food was delicious! The bride and groom selected the Fajita/Cheese enchilada buffet, with a hot queso, guacamole, and salsa stand, and signature margaritas and Shiner beer. Our guests were more than pleased with the food and the amount everyone had to eat and drink. The table coverings and specialty linens really made for an elegant, yet comfortable setting. I especially loved that we could open the French doors to the outside during the reception and the lighting outside the building just added that special touch. It is a beautiful venue even before you start adding all the accessories. The staff, including the banquet staff, were all very friendly and accommodating and the table-scapes for the food, were lovely. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is that there isn't a place for the bride and groom to get ready for the event. Fortunately for us, the bride's and groom's home was about 10 minutes from the venue and the guys got ready there. If you are looking for an elegant place for a small event, look no further than Canyon Springs, event he smaller club house has its own unique flare!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Tammy · Married on 04/26/2014

All of the staff at Canyon Springs were great to work with! The wedding location, reception and the food were all fabulous!!!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Kaylyn · Married on 03/19/2016

We had a wonderful experience with Canyon Springs. We worked with both Brenda and Chi during our wedding planning and the actual event and both were very professional, attentive, and quick to answer calls and emails. The venue was stunning and everyone had a great time. They also allow you to take bridal and engagement photos before your wedding date and were very accommodating about setting up times. It was convenient that they provided catering, but the food might have been better if you were allowed to bring in an outside caterer. Overall a great venue.

Sent on 04/27/2016

Cheryl · Married on 02/19/2011

We planned the wedding with Brenda Rodriguez and she was amazing and extremely helpful! Our food was delicious, but I recommend doing a tasting before deciding what to serve to ensure it is to your liking. Our cermony was outside on the lawn in February, but it was beautiful and the grass was still green. We used the smaller of the two rooms inside for our reception and did not even have to decorate because the stone walls are beautiful. As far as price, it was a value in comparison to many of the other venues we looked at that seemed to tack on charges for service and everything else. We arranged for table beverage service and did not have to pay any additional fees! All of my guest enjoyed the ceremnoy and reception.

Sent on 04/23/2011
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2019

Great place to get married!

Canyon Springs Golf Club was the perfect place to get married!! We couldn't have asked for a better staff to help us with our special day. Their upkeep of the grounds, pavilion, and waterfall was absolutely the best! Sunny and Brenda were very accommodating and professional. The only thing that I wish differently was the fact that we had to use the venue's food service (no outside catering allowed) and when we got the food some of our guests mentioned that it was cold.

Sent on 07/07/2019

The venue was perfect and the price was great for a Sunday wedding.

Sent on 12/19/2012

Ashley · Married on 11/17/2012

3.5

We had our evening reception at Canyon Springs' pavillion, and it was so great! The food was fantastic (although a little over-priced), and we got so many compliments on the facility. Our party size was about 150 people, and the pavillion was plently large enough to accomodate everyone plus a very large dance floor. The only hiccup of the night, however, was that there weren't quite enough lights outside the pavillion and in the parking lot so guests could see where they were going. One guest got her shoe heel stuck in a large gap between two bricks in the walkway and tripped, and my dad knocked his head in a low-hanging tree limb on one of the walkways. Beautiful facility otherwise! Just be aware of how poorly lit it can be in the evenings!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Kathrine · Married on 11/04/2017

3.0

The location is great all my guest were impressed by the intimacy of the small waterfall. We only had 50 quests so I expect the food quality to be a little better for such a small number of plates. But really the Brenda and Sunny did great answering my question no mater how trivial.

Sent on 12/13/2017
    Canyon Springs Golf Club 8
    Canyon Springs Golf Club 9
    Canyon Springs Golf Club 10
    Canyon Springs Golf Club 11

Patricia · Married on 10/07/2017

Being we are not from San Antonio we were very lucky to find Canyon Springs as our venue for our wedding. From the minute we walked into the venue and walked the grounds we knew it was for us. The wedding coordinators were very informative and courteous. As we approached the day we worked directly with Guillermo who was in charge of the whole event and he did an excellent job! He took great care of our guest and us. My wedding planner and him worked directly together and everything turned out amazing. It was also so amazing that they provided everything for the event. The food was so delicious. Several of our guest commented on how delicious the food was and how impressed they were with everything. We had a live band and the pavilion venue worked out perfect. If you have an opportunity to take photos at the waterfall, I highly recommend it. It is beautiful. There was just one small item that they venue could improve on, it is the attitude of the wedding coordinator. At times I felt she didn't have time for us and when we would go down to the venue it seemed we were bothering her and she had better things to do then deal with us. She might have had other things on her plate, however improving on the customer service would really have made everything perfect. Overall, nothing to break our full satisfactory rating of the venue.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Canyon Springs Golf Club's reply:

Patricia - I am so sorry if I didn’t make you feel important during each of your visits or help you to feel like you had my full attention. We wishes both all the best and thank you for choosing Canyon Springs. - Brenda Willis

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2015

My wedding (ceremony and reception) were beautiful and perfect. The food was very good, and the staff in attendance were professional, efficient, and friendly. Be aware that the "coordinator" is not going to be there on the day of the wedding, so make sure you have all of your vendors lined up and coordinated (or hire a day-of-coordinator, which I did, and it saved my life!). We got many compliments from the guests about how beautiful the ceremony and reception were (ceremony was at the waterfall and reception was in the clubhouse). Many said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to.

Sent on 12/10/2015
  • Ellena

Ellena · Married on 12/03/2016

4.2
      2.5

Canyon Springs Golf Club is a beautiful venue! The food is amazing, and they make everything so simple. All of the linens, tables, chairs, and all other rentals are right there for easy convenience and less stress while booking other vendors. The catering is amazing and it's wonderful how much weight is taken off your shoulders booking here. Email is the best way to get a response while scheduling and planning out details, I didn't have much luck in trying to reach anyone via phone.

Sent on 04/27/2016

Brenna · Married on 10/06/2017

3.5

The waterfall was great and all the guest loved it. The reception area was just as nice and filled with lots of candles. The staff was on top of everything during my event.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Thank you Brenna! We wish you and James all the best! - Brenda Willis

HEATHER · Married on 06/25/2011

3.8
      3.5

This is a great place for a reception. We had ours in the clubhouse and outside. Everything was perfect. The decorations were simple but very elegant. The food was very very good. Everyone really enjoyed the location and the food.

Sent on 07/19/2011

Denise · Married on 03/28/2009

3.8
      3.5

I cannot say enough good things about Canyon Springs. Our wedding was beautiful!!!! We did not have in front of the waterfall - we though $1000 just to stand in front a waterfall was just too much. But we did have stunning photos taken in front of it for free. The reception hall was decorated beautifully- above and beyond our expectations. They food was good - not the best but still good. The staff was excellent.

Sent on 06/30/2009

Julie · Married on 06/30/2007

2.0

The planner we worked with was wonderful. The person in charge of the wedding that evening was horrible. There was another wedding occurring there that afternoon and the groom/groomsmen were using our clubhouse. The person in charge did not ask them to leave. Their photographer even messed up a table we had just set up (guestbook, flowers, etc) and still were not told to leave. The food was OK, the waitstaff was great, but the person in charge did not make sute the sound system was in place, was rude to my DJ and me. It made my wedding day very stressful.

Sent on 06/14/2008

1.4
      1.0

While the venue is absolutely beautiful, the service was horrible. I don't know how many weddings have been held there, but we had a couple friends get married there and we had heard it was wonderful. First of all, when we had shown up for the rehearsal the day before, our wedding coordinator wasn't even there. The sound system wasn't set up or anything. For the ceremony the next day, it didn't start until almost 30 minutes after it was supposed to because they had forgotten to bring a cord outside for the sound system (we got married by the waterfall). We did heavy appetizers for the reception, and they had assured me multiple times that it would be enough food for 100 people, but we ran out of food. When my husband and I were cutting the cake, there was no cake knife, and after standing there for a few minutes one of my friends had to go run to the kitchen and find one. I never saw my wedding coordinator throughout the entire wedding, except for at the very end when my husband and I were leaving. Although everyone commented on how beautiful both the ceremony and reception were, there were a lot of hiccups that I thought should have been easily avoided because they've had so many weddings there for many years. Because it was my wedding day and I was simply happy to be getting married, I didn't make a big deal about anything, but I know that my family was very frustrated with the organization of it, since they were paying for it.

Sent on 04/30/2013