Cantor Shira Ginsburg Reviews

51 | New York, NY

51 Reviews for Cantor Shira Ginsburg

1 User photo

Cantor Shira Ginsburg 1

Shira was absolutely amazing! We met her and knew she was perfect for us! The time spent before our wedding was thought provoking, inspiring, really personal and a lot of fun. The ceremony was phenomenal and all of our guests were very impressed and touched. Even those who had never been to a Jewish wedding wanted her to officiate their next big event. Her explanations of the service and her voice were magical and we are still getting emails expressing people's love of the service. My favorite part actually took place with a smaller group while signing the Katubah. It was personal, spiritual and very moving. Shira is a young and vibrant spirit with a voice that will make you want to go to Friday night services!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Michael · Married on 06/22/2014

From the moment we met Cantor Ginsburg about 3 months before our wedding, we knew our wedding experience was going to be wonderful. She was delightful and engaging to talk to, and was genuinely interested in getting to know each of us and making our wedding special. Our prediction could not have been more accurate. Cantor Ginsburg conducted the most beautiful service that my fiancé and I, and all of our guests, had every seen. Every single one of our guests commented to us, and to Cantor Ginsburg, on the spirituality, freshness and beauty of the service. Not only did she bring her joy in Judaism and her vibrancy and enthusiasm about life to the ceremony, she also brought her excellent voice. It was amazing, and we cannot thank her enough or recommend her more highly.

Sent on 07/27/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/13/2014

Shira is very dynamic and caring. She guided us through the wedding process and helped us incorporate special touches that would make the wedding more meaningful to us. Through our meetings with her, she got to know us as a couple and gave very heartfelt and thoughtful comments about our relationship during the ceremony. She also worked with us to incorporate our own family traditions and even read blessings from a prayer book my grandfather took with him to WWII. Her singing voice is beautiful and she is very charismatic. Shira worked very hard to help us create a ceremony that represented us as a couple.

Sent on 06/27/2014

Jac · Married on 11/02/2013

If you do not hire Shira to perform your wedding, you will be a little sad forever and won't ever know why. Ok, that might be slightly dramatic...but OMG SHIRA IS AMAZING!!! If you are one of the lucky ones who has found your way to this page, stop reading right now and call Shira immediately. Having Shira officiate our wedding was one of the best wedding decisions we made (besides choosing each other, of course!). We met with her 3 or 4 times prior to the big day, and each meeting was so special and helpful. She helped us think through some of the "interesting" family situations that pop up around a wedding, and helped talk us through all of the Jewish stuff, b/c neither one of us is particularly observant. When the wedding day came, she helped us keep calm, and helped move the day along in an efficient and caring manner. Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) said they'd never seen a religious professional as amazing as Shira. Everyone wanted to talk to her and get her info after. Everyone said that the way we were able to balance the religious and the secular parts of our wedding was unique, special, and incredible. So, yeah, we're pretty thrilled with Shira!! Stop reading and call her already!!!

Sent on 04/11/2014

Lisa · Married on 10/27/2013

Cantor Shira Ginsburg made our wedding ceremony - From our first meeting with her, we knew we found the right person to make our wedding special. Her warmth, energy and openness was truly welcoming and inspiring. Her voice is second to none - brought tears to my eyes and I learned later it also brought tears to those at the ceremony. She responded to our desires and wishes and helped us create a ceremony that was meaningful on a personal level and also one that built on years of tradition. We honestly couldn't have asked for anything more. After the ceremony everyone commented on how beautiful the ceremony was and how unique it felt due to Shira's skill, words, personality and talent.

Sent on 11/23/2013
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 10/06/2013

Shira is just an all-around amazing woman. She preformed a Jewish Interfaith wedding for my now Husband and I. Words can not describe how much we enjoyed working with her. We worked with her from afar so we had Skype sessions where we got to know each other better and even had some marriage "counseling." We had so many amazing Jewish rituals, even some we didin't know about going into this. She made everyone feel so comfortable and she really is a beautiful person. Even more impressive, every single person (Jewish and non-Jewish) came up to us and told us how beautiful she was, how beautiful her voice was, and how it was the most amazing wedding ceremony they had ever had the pleasure to witness! We plan to keep in touch and visit her at her synagogue sometime in the future. I also have to add that we were in a pickle without a Cantor late in the game due to a cancelation and Shira was able to work with us on the price to make it affordable which was truly a blessing.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Matthew · Married on 10/06/2013

Cantor Shira hands down was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Not just because all of our 126 other guests sang amazingly high praise for her services, but truly because she personalized our wedding and really focused on us, our relationship and made our wedding all that more special. Between the meetings, her composure and attention to detail we were able to truly enjoy our day and add to the positive memories. Truly, Cantor Shira from the get-go made it known that beyond a wonderful officiant, her role was to be a 'ceremony planner' of sorts. It was one less worry we had throughout our planning and proved to allow us to enjoy our wedding, ceremony and the specialness of marriage that much more. A million times out of a million I would recommend her services and feel so fortunate amd greatful for her efforts and getting to share our day with her.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Salvatore · Married on 09/01/2013

I'm not one to submit feedback or reviews, but this time I couldn't help myself. Shira was absolutely incredible from beginning to end. My then-fiance and I threw her what we thought would be a curveball -- with the destination wedding of a mixed-faith, same-sex couple. She wasn't phased in the least. Our meetings before the wedding were terrific. She walked us through the whole Jewish wedding process -- in a way that was very clear and welcoming for me (the goy). Her calm and comforting presence were the perfect tonic for wedding-day nerves. The ceremony was beautiful in large part due to her energy and eloquence. Her voice is superb. Everyone raved (Jews and non-Jews alike). Can't say enough good things about her.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Cindy · Married on 08/29/2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of meeting Cantor Shira Ginsburg a couple of months before our wedding. We liked her immediately as she was very welcoming, upbeat, and accommodating to our schedule. We met with her several times prior to the wedding and she guided us every step of the way. The day of the ceremony we felt no nerves or wedding day jitters as Cantor Ginsburg made us feel very comfortable and prepared us for every detail of what the ceremony would entail.
    Wow did she exceed our expectations!
    Since we gad a small guest list of 25, Cantor Ginsburg included all of our guests in the signing of the ketubah in the temple library. She gave everyone a brief history of what the ketubah signified and she created a very intimate, personal ceremony.
    Later, everyone entered the Sanctuary where our ceremony was being held and as my husband and I each walked down the isle Cantor Ginsburg sung a beautiful song in Hebrew.
    After the wedding every single person commented how beautiful the ceremony was and how amazing our cantor was.
    I could not recommend Cantor Ginsburg enough, she will forever be in our hearts as she helped make such a major day in our lives so memorable and special.

Sent on 09/04/2013

Cantor Ginsburg is a pleasure to work with. She is talented, traditional and loves her work, and she has a wonderful voice. She is open to performing Jewish weddings for interfaith couples. Everyone is made to feel comfortable. Our guests unanimously thought this was the most beautiful wedding ceremony they had ever been to. Many of the guests were not Jewish but loved everything abut her service.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 05/26/2013

I couldn't have asked for a better person to officiate my ceremony. Shira was extremely responsive to how we wanted it to go. She was easygoing, professional, and she made the ceremony personal and beautiful. She was always very calm and positive, so it helped make our day so wonderful.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Judy · Married on 02/19/2013

Cantor Shira created a very loving wedding ceremony. She spoke to us in a very personal way. We wanted a traditional and spiritual ceremony and she did just that. Her voice is amazing and her delivery of the marriage blessings was beautiful. We liked that Shira took the time to interview us, ask questions and to share the important elements of who we are with our guests. Overall, our wedding was just what we wanted. Thank you to Cantor Shira Ginsburg

Sent on 06/07/2013

Caitlin · Married on 02/02/2013

Cantor Shira co-officiated our February 2013 wedding and it was her presence and phenomenal voice that elevated the ceremony to the ethereal. Her singing and contribution to the officiating lended a very personal and intimate feeling - without it I don't think we would have felt as spiritually connected to our faith. In fact, I have a distinct memory of the first notes she sang during the ceremony, looking at my husband and seeing the intense emotion it generated I felt reflected back in his eyes (which, I might note, were tearing up!). She and our rabbi worked together to create a ceremony that was accessible to the less religious, and non-Jews, somehow making it feel more spiritual, without being exclusionary. We will be forever grateful for her contributions to the ceremony, and still hear from our guests about how much they loved it.

Hannah · Married on 08/04/2012

My husband and I and, in fact, both of our families and guests, cannot recommend Shira more highly as an officiant! We chose to have a Jewish ceremony, although my husband was raised Catholic, and the ceremony she performed was warm, inclusive, and truly captured the love we have for each other and the spirit of our relationship. Immediately following our ceremony, in the midst of all of our overwhelming emotions and excitement, we turned to each other and said how lucky we both felt to have found Shira because the ceremony couldn't have been more perfect for us. At the reception, we had older (non-Jewish!) relatives coming to us and joking that they wanted to ask Shira to stick around so they could renew their vows! If we could get married all over again, we would ask Shira to officiate.

megan · Married on 02/18/2012

I can 't say enough about Shira. SHIRA IS THE BEST. Hands down you will never find anyone better to marry you! She really made our wedding day more than I had ever imagined it could be. Our ceremony was so special and it was so personalized. Her voice is as amazing as an angel. I think most would agree...Shira has an amazing presence, works very hard at making your union special, and very dedicated to her work on every level. We are forever grateful for her and how she completed our day. If I didn't say it enough before, Thank you Shira. #weheartshira #forevergrateful #thebest

Sent on 01/30/2014

Sara · Married on 10/15/2011

Cantor Shira Ginsburg is fabulous! Her voice added great beauty and depth to our ceremony. We love her!

Jessica and Adam · Married on 09/04/2011

going into our wedding we were deeply concerned about being married by a stranger. we really wanted to have a connection with the person marrying us. then we met shira and no longer had this concern. shira was able to help us make our ceremony truly unique and reflect who we are as a couple. she effuses warmth, intelligence and consideration. her gaze is comforting and welcoming. her voice is beautiful. her thoughtfulness and professionalism shined through every step of our marriage process. by the time we were married, shira was part of the family.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Shira · Married on 07/23/2011

Cantor Shira is amazing! From start to finish she puts you at ease and makes you laugh. Planning a wedding is stressful and the last thing you want to worry about is the ceremony. Shira worked with both my husband and me to craft a ceremony that was beyond special for the two of us. Many people came up to us after the ceremony to say how touching it was. One of the most special things about Shira is her amazing voice. Hearing her sing is like being front row at a Broadway show. She is a gorgeous, witty, talented and amazing Cantor who will make your special day one to remember forever!

David · Married on 06/27/2010

Cantor Ginsburg was outstanding in every way. The process leading up to the wedding was meaningful and substantive, and she really captured the essence of who we are as a couple. The ceremony was beautiful. Her voice added a layer of richness to the ceremony. It was my wedding, but I really think she's the best out there.

Sent on 06/06/2013

Staci · Married on 11/27/2009

We have nothing but wonderful things to say about our experience with Cantor Shira Ginsburg acting as officiant for our wedding. She is not only a beautiful talent; she is a beautiful person whose involvement in our ceremony helped to make our special day nothing sort of extraordinary.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Lilah · Married on 09/04/2005

Cantor Shira made a special day even more personal and meaningful. She made everyone feel at ease and created a warm and inclusive environment for the participants and guests alike. She educated us about the different rituals and let us choose what felt right for us. I can't recommend her enough!

Janie · Married on 05/23/2004

Shira was a wonderful addition to our wedding ceremony. Her rendition of the Sheva Brachot was powerful, meaningful, emotional, and special. She exuded warmth and joy throughout, and also coached another family member of our with appropriate English readings. Our wedding would not have been the same without her.

We were also lucky enough to secure Shira for our second baby's naming (the first was a bris, so we used a mohel), and again, Shira worked with us to make sure our ceremony was meaningful, personal, yet Jewishly rich and powerful.

Since then, I have seen Shira perform at various simchas and each one is beautiful and unique. We look forward to many more wonderful occasions with Shira Ginsburg!

Sent on 06/07/2013

Jonathan · Married on 02/18/2012

Let's be frank, being a Jew marrying a non-Jew has its issues already. But when we met Cantor Shira everything, all the weird "I can't talk about that" or "Should I ask this question" or "I am embarrassed to ask this stupid question" all went out the door. She helped us as a team, and individually, allowing for an amazing dialogue and open communication. Shira walked us through the process of marriage as well as allowed us to open up to each other more so than we had before, which I didn't know could exist.

The day of the wedding Cantor Shira was AMAZING! Her voice, warmth, and love spread throughout the whole building. We see now Cantor Shira as more than someone we hired, but as a friend who allowed us to become a real union. Ahh and if you have good music, you can bank on her getting down on the dance floor!

Sean · Married on 09/06/2014

Shira is amazing. She explained the myriad Jewish matrimonial traditions, rituals and history articulately and helps my wife and I to mentally and spiritually prepare for our big day. She did an excellent job at the ceremony with her warm personality, knowledge of tradition and beautiful singing voice. Over the course of the process Shira got to know us on a personal level, and helped make the experience that much more special.

Sent on 11/23/2014

Derek · Married on 09/01/2013

Shira is an absolutely delightful person and incredibly talented cantor. We consider ourselves extraordinarily fortunate that she officiated at our wedding (which was a same-sex interfaith marriage performed in the Jewish tradition in Santa Fe, New Mexico).

In the months leading to our wedding, we met with Shira several times. She was exceptionally thoughtful in preparing for our the event and in helping us to do the same -- considering how exactly we would like the ceremony to flow and which aspects of our tradition to emphasize. On wedding day, she officiated with grace, elegance, and meaning. Her singing voice is unparalleled.

We could not be more pleased with how things turned out, and many of our guests remarked on how this was the most impressive wedding ceremony they had ever seen.

Sent on 09/04/2013