Cantor Shira Ginsburg Reviews

63 | New York, NY

63 Reviews for Cantor Shira Ginsburg

Allison · Married on 07/23/2016

Shira was incredible! She made the wedding process so much more enjoyable and was so caring and supportive every step of the way. We can't say enough about how amazing Shira was! We also had a ton of wedding guests rave about our ceremony because of Shira's warmth and energy.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Briana · Married on 07/16/2016

Shira simply provided us with the PERFECT wedding ceremony + we received lots of compliments from guests on her amazing singing voice. Highly recommend! She will make your special day even more special!

Sent on 08/05/2016
  • Jaya

Jaya · Married on 04/09/2016

Wonderful Experience!

Shira was a truly wonderful officiant for our wedding! She went above and beyond what we expected. She made it a point to talk to us various times leading up to our big day and made sure we had a meaningful, personal, and special wedding ceremony. She took the time to get to know us. We had such a wonderful experience with Shira and would gladly recommend her to others!

Sent on 02/20/2020

Barry · Married on 06/13/2015

Cantor Shira Ginsburg was excellent throughout the entire wedding process. She was very warm and welcoming and made an effort to get to know both of us well. We enjoyed getting to know her as well, as she is a friendly and outgoing individual. As a result of her efforts, her comments about both of us and our love for each other at the wedding were heartwarming, funny, and right on target.

Shira was responsive whenever we had any questions. She took the time to explain the details of the ceremony and the meaning behind everything to us and our families, which we appreciated. She guided us every step of the way and helped make the wedding as smooth as possible. She was also flexible, even going as far as having some of our sessions with her via Skype as we were out of the country for most of the time prior to the wedding.

Both of our entire families remarked how lovely the ceremony was, and in particular how great a job Shira did. In addition, she has a beautiful voice!

Overall, I strongly recommend Shira for any couple to officiate at their wedding.

Sent on 06/28/2014

Melissa · Married on 04/25/2015

Cantor Ginsburg officiated our wedding and I cannot express just how beautiful and special she made the ceremony. Cantor Ginsburg guided us both through our engagement and on the day of our wedding and was a joy to meet with. Her wonderful singing voice is only surpassed by her supreme kindness and wit. After the wedding, every guest we spoke with mentioned the ceremony and Cantor Ginsburg specifically. Many guests said it was the most wonderful ceremony they've every seen.

Sent on 05/05/2015

eric · Married on 03/29/2015

Shira was wonderful to work with and we got many comments about her beautiful voice. I would recommend her without reservations to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 04/15/2015

Cynthia · Married on 11/25/2014

Shira our cantor was an exquisite addition and in fact a true necessity to our wedding ceremony. We are so glad we went with her. It was the best decision we ever made!!! I am not of Jewish faith and married my husband who was, and we mutually decided to have an interfaith Jewish wedding to enjoy the traditions and beauty of a Jewish marriage ceremony. It couldn't have been more perfect for someone who is not of the Jewish faith. Shira was so thorough and very sensitive to explaining the meanings of the hymns and scriptures to ensure that I didn't feel out of place and that I knew every element of the ceremony. Always in tune with making sure that I felt the most comfortable, Shira took the time to check in with me to make sure I was on board and open to any ideas or questions I had about the ceremony. We met with her several times before the ceremony to cultivate a genuine relationship with her, so much, that she honestly felt like one of our family members when the actual wedding came. It felt so authentic and made a world of a difference!!! One of the attributes I love most about Shira is that she is truly passionate and love what she does and it resonates throughout the whole marriage process. Her beautiful voice is another bonus that made the ceremony so beautiful. We were not just another couple, and she really took the time to get to know us and our relationship. She was excellent at providing her expertise at the choreography of the events when game time decisions needed to be made. We couldn't have pulled off this wedding, as beautiful as it was in New York, without her. Shira is truly the best and someone who will be a part of this special milestone and a part of our family for many years to come!! I'd highly recommend her for anyone who wants to make a memorable milestone just that much more meaningful!

- Cynthia, Los Angeles, CA
    Married November 25, 2014

Sent on 12/06/2014

marc · Married on 11/25/2014

Shira was stunning and an example of what you want when you don't want to focus on the small stuff. she was perfect.

Sent on 12/29/2014

My wife and I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience with Cantor Shira was during the entire wedding process. She provided wonderful counsel on how we should prepare for our wedding and most importantly the rest of our lives together. If you haven't heard Shira sing, you are missing a beautiful voice! She blew our entire wedding party away with her vocal skills. There were multiple couples asking how we found Shira and requesting her for potential ceremonies. We were very lucky to have her lead us through the wonderful day and we hope others will have the same opportunity to spend time with Cantor Shira.

Sent on 11/16/2014

Shira was absolutely amazing! We met her and knew she was perfect for us! The time spent before our wedding was thought provoking, inspiring, really personal and a lot of fun. The ceremony was phenomenal and all of our guests were very impressed and touched. Even those who had never been to a Jewish wedding wanted her to officiate their next big event. Her explanations of the service and her voice were magical and we are still getting emails expressing people's love of the service. My favorite part actually took place with a smaller group while signing the Katubah. It was personal, spiritual and very moving. Shira is a young and vibrant spirit with a voice that will make you want to go to Friday night services!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Michael · Married on 06/22/2014

From the moment we met Cantor Ginsburg about 3 months before our wedding, we knew our wedding experience was going to be wonderful. She was delightful and engaging to talk to, and was genuinely interested in getting to know each of us and making our wedding special. Our prediction could not have been more accurate. Cantor Ginsburg conducted the most beautiful service that my fiancé and I, and all of our guests, had every seen. Every single one of our guests commented to us, and to Cantor Ginsburg, on the spirituality, freshness and beauty of the service. Not only did she bring her joy in Judaism and her vibrancy and enthusiasm about life to the ceremony, she also brought her excellent voice. It was amazing, and we cannot thank her enough or recommend her more highly.

Sent on 07/27/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/13/2014

Shira is very dynamic and caring. She guided us through the wedding process and helped us incorporate special touches that would make the wedding more meaningful to us. Through our meetings with her, she got to know us as a couple and gave very heartfelt and thoughtful comments about our relationship during the ceremony. She also worked with us to incorporate our own family traditions and even read blessings from a prayer book my grandfather took with him to WWII. Her singing voice is beautiful and she is very charismatic. Shira worked very hard to help us create a ceremony that represented us as a couple.

Sent on 06/27/2014

Jac · Married on 11/02/2013

If you do not hire Shira to perform your wedding, you will be a little sad forever and won't ever know why. Ok, that might be slightly dramatic...but OMG SHIRA IS AMAZING!!! If you are one of the lucky ones who has found your way to this page, stop reading right now and call Shira immediately. Having Shira officiate our wedding was one of the best wedding decisions we made (besides choosing each other, of course!). We met with her 3 or 4 times prior to the big day, and each meeting was so special and helpful. She helped us think through some of the "interesting" family situations that pop up around a wedding, and helped talk us through all of the Jewish stuff, b/c neither one of us is particularly observant. When the wedding day came, she helped us keep calm, and helped move the day along in an efficient and caring manner. Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) said they'd never seen a religious professional as amazing as Shira. Everyone wanted to talk to her and get her info after. Everyone said that the way we were able to balance the religious and the secular parts of our wedding was unique, special, and incredible. So, yeah, we're pretty thrilled with Shira!! Stop reading and call her already!!!

Sent on 04/11/2014

Lisa · Married on 10/27/2013

Cantor Shira Ginsburg made our wedding ceremony - From our first meeting with her, we knew we found the right person to make our wedding special. Her warmth, energy and openness was truly welcoming and inspiring. Her voice is second to none - brought tears to my eyes and I learned later it also brought tears to those at the ceremony. She responded to our desires and wishes and helped us create a ceremony that was meaningful on a personal level and also one that built on years of tradition. We honestly couldn't have asked for anything more. After the ceremony everyone commented on how beautiful the ceremony was and how unique it felt due to Shira's skill, words, personality and talent.

Sent on 11/23/2013
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 10/06/2013

Shira is just an all-around amazing woman. She preformed a Jewish Interfaith wedding for my now Husband and I. Words can not describe how much we enjoyed working with her. We worked with her from afar so we had Skype sessions where we got to know each other better and even had some marriage "counseling." We had so many amazing Jewish rituals, even some we didin't know about going into this. She made everyone feel so comfortable and she really is a beautiful person. Even more impressive, every single person (Jewish and non-Jewish) came up to us and told us how beautiful she was, how beautiful her voice was, and how it was the most amazing wedding ceremony they had ever had the pleasure to witness! We plan to keep in touch and visit her at her synagogue sometime in the future. I also have to add that we were in a pickle without a Cantor late in the game due to a cancelation and Shira was able to work with us on the price to make it affordable which was truly a blessing.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Matthew · Married on 10/06/2013

Cantor Shira hands down was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Not just because all of our 126 other guests sang amazingly high praise for her services, but truly because she personalized our wedding and really focused on us, our relationship and made our wedding all that more special. Between the meetings, her composure and attention to detail we were able to truly enjoy our day and add to the positive memories. Truly, Cantor Shira from the get-go made it known that beyond a wonderful officiant, her role was to be a 'ceremony planner' of sorts. It was one less worry we had throughout our planning and proved to allow us to enjoy our wedding, ceremony and the specialness of marriage that much more. A million times out of a million I would recommend her services and feel so fortunate amd greatful for her efforts and getting to share our day with her.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Salvatore · Married on 09/01/2013

I'm not one to submit feedback or reviews, but this time I couldn't help myself. Shira was absolutely incredible from beginning to end. My then-fiance and I threw her what we thought would be a curveball -- with the destination wedding of a mixed-faith, same-sex couple. She wasn't phased in the least. Our meetings before the wedding were terrific. She walked us through the whole Jewish wedding process -- in a way that was very clear and welcoming for me (the goy). Her calm and comforting presence were the perfect tonic for wedding-day nerves. The ceremony was beautiful in large part due to her energy and eloquence. Her voice is superb. Everyone raved (Jews and non-Jews alike). Can't say enough good things about her.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Cindy · Married on 08/29/2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of meeting Cantor Shira Ginsburg a couple of months before our wedding. We liked her immediately as she was very welcoming, upbeat, and accommodating to our schedule. We met with her several times prior to the wedding and she guided us every step of the way. The day of the ceremony we felt no nerves or wedding day jitters as Cantor Ginsburg made us feel very comfortable and prepared us for every detail of what the ceremony would entail.
    Wow did she exceed our expectations!
    Since we gad a small guest list of 25, Cantor Ginsburg included all of our guests in the signing of the ketubah in the temple library. She gave everyone a brief history of what the ketubah signified and she created a very intimate, personal ceremony.
    Later, everyone entered the Sanctuary where our ceremony was being held and as my husband and I each walked down the isle Cantor Ginsburg sung a beautiful song in Hebrew.
    After the wedding every single person commented how beautiful the ceremony was and how amazing our cantor was.
    I could not recommend Cantor Ginsburg enough, she will forever be in our hearts as she helped make such a major day in our lives so memorable and special.

Sent on 09/04/2013

Cantor Ginsburg is a pleasure to work with. She is talented, traditional and loves her work, and she has a wonderful voice. She is open to performing Jewish weddings for interfaith couples. Everyone is made to feel comfortable. Our guests unanimously thought this was the most beautiful wedding ceremony they had ever been to. Many of the guests were not Jewish but loved everything abut her service.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 05/26/2013

I couldn't have asked for a better person to officiate my ceremony. Shira was extremely responsive to how we wanted it to go. She was easygoing, professional, and she made the ceremony personal and beautiful. She was always very calm and positive, so it helped make our day so wonderful.

Sent on 07/01/2013

Judy · Married on 02/19/2013

Cantor Shira created a very loving wedding ceremony. She spoke to us in a very personal way. We wanted a traditional and spiritual ceremony and she did just that. Her voice is amazing and her delivery of the marriage blessings was beautiful. We liked that Shira took the time to interview us, ask questions and to share the important elements of who we are with our guests. Overall, our wedding was just what we wanted. Thank you to Cantor Shira Ginsburg

Sent on 06/07/2013

Caitlin · Married on 02/02/2013

Cantor Shira co-officiated our February 2013 wedding and it was her presence and phenomenal voice that elevated the ceremony to the ethereal. Her singing and contribution to the officiating lended a very personal and intimate feeling - without it I don't think we would have felt as spiritually connected to our faith. In fact, I have a distinct memory of the first notes she sang during the ceremony, looking at my husband and seeing the intense emotion it generated I felt reflected back in his eyes (which, I might note, were tearing up!). She and our rabbi worked together to create a ceremony that was accessible to the less religious, and non-Jews, somehow making it feel more spiritual, without being exclusionary. We will be forever grateful for her contributions to the ceremony, and still hear from our guests about how much they loved it.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Hannah · Married on 08/04/2012

My husband and I and, in fact, both of our families and guests, cannot recommend Shira more highly as an officiant! We chose to have a Jewish ceremony, although my husband was raised Catholic, and the ceremony she performed was warm, inclusive, and truly captured the love we have for each other and the spirit of our relationship. Immediately following our ceremony, in the midst of all of our overwhelming emotions and excitement, we turned to each other and said how lucky we both felt to have found Shira because the ceremony couldn't have been more perfect for us. At the reception, we had older (non-Jewish!) relatives coming to us and joking that they wanted to ask Shira to stick around so they could renew their vows! If we could get married all over again, we would ask Shira to officiate.

Sent on 05/29/2013

megan · Married on 02/18/2012

I can 't say enough about Shira. SHIRA IS THE BEST. Hands down you will never find anyone better to marry you! She really made our wedding day more than I had ever imagined it could be. Our ceremony was so special and it was so personalized. Her voice is as amazing as an angel. I think most would agree...Shira has an amazing presence, works very hard at making your union special, and very dedicated to her work on every level. We are forever grateful for her and how she completed our day. If I didn't say it enough before, Thank you Shira. #weheartshira #forevergrateful #thebest

Sent on 01/30/2014

Sara · Married on 10/15/2011

Cantor Shira Ginsburg is fabulous! Her voice added great beauty and depth to our ceremony. We love her!

Sent on 06/04/2013