Candy and Confections by Lisa Stoudt Reviews

98 | Reading, PA

98 Reviews for Candy and Confections by Lisa Stoudt

Krystal · Married on 05/28/2011

The cake looked and tasted amazing. Lisa was super flexible and accommodated our every request.

Sent on 05/30/2011

Aerin · Married on 10/20/2010

I am a very picky person. I was recomended to Lisa from another one of my vendors. I sent her an email inquiring some info and received a call the same day. We set an appointment to meet. My fiance and I went together. She offered a bunch of options and worked with us to plan the perfect combonation of flavors, even whipping up a lime flavor never previously having one. She was the first baker we met with, and after meeting with a few others, was the only one we even considered using. We chose a three tier cake with sugar flowers and butterflies covering it, in vanilla and chocolate with lime and strawberry mousse fillings. On my wedding day, my fiance and I took a moment before to look at the cake. It was everything I had wanted and more. I could not have been happier, and it tasted amazing to top it off. I heard comments from guests about how beautiful it was and how wonderful it tasted. People who didnt attend my wedding told me they heard the cake was amazing. I woud recomend Lisa to anyone considering her for their wedding cake, she will not disapoint you.

Sent on 10/22/2010

Roberta · Married on 10/02/2010

Lisa's tasting party sells her cake. How delicious and fun. She was very helpful in decisions and very responsive to our preferences. The cake came out absolutely beautiful and it was nice to have one detail of the day you didn't have to worry about at all. Our only problem was the cake was so delicious, there were no leftovers. Can't wait for the first anniversary.

Sent on 11/19/2010

Deborah · Married on 08/21/2010

Lisa made us a groom's cake with real looking sugar cards and poker chips. It tasted as good as it looked. The wedding cake was just beautiful and one of a kind. Lisa really listens to what you want. She makes moist cakes and gives you many flavor options. She is quite artistic. She even moved up our delivery time right before the wedding even though she had another wedding cake to deliver. Thanks Lisa!

Sent on 08/23/2010

Rita · Married on 08/07/2010

The cake was beautiful and perfect for the occasion. Lisa was extremely helpful.

Sent on 08/13/2010

Diana · Married on 06/19/2010

The wedding cake Lisa made for us was exceptional. Her edible daisies on the multi-layer cake were so detailed and accurate that they looked real. Many commented that it was the most elegant wedding cake they had ever seen. Lisa's artistic cake do not take away from the flavor, which was scrumptious. Lisa is a veritable artist and baker. She is patient and attuned to the desires of her clients. We had an idea in mind and she made it happen. Thanks, Lisa, for making the perfect cake for us.

Sent on 07/01/2010

Denise · Married on 03/20/2010

We ordered individual cakes (3-inch round) for the guests at our wedding shower. Since the theme is “daisies,” Lisa made a daisy and leaves out of fondant and placed it on top of a stem of each cupcake. Vanilla cupcakes were in a white “vase” (base), and the chocolate ones were in yellow (the color of the bridal party’s gowns). Each base looked like a basket-woven container. Everything was edible except for the stem, which was a wire that went from the cupcake to the daisy. Besides being so pretty, the cupcakes tasted great. As I suspected, some people wanted to show their friends; thus, I had purchased boxes with a clear front for those who wanted to take them home. One other mentionable comment is that Lisa came to the banquet hall an hour prior to the event so that she could set up the cakes. She came dressed professionally, even though she came 1 hour before the guests. Very impressive! Great job, Lisa! Much appreciated—you are a true baker and artist.

Sent on 03/22/2010

Nadine · Married on 12/06/2009

Lisa was absolutely wonderful to work with! Her creativity and vision is much appreciated my someone like myself who is also of a design background. We hosted a destination wedding in November, and had a cocktail reception once we returned home. She took our colors, style, stationary design, and personalities and created cupcakes - in lieu of a wedding cake - which thrilled our guests! It became a game to figure out which of the two flavors were the favorite of the evening...the one I created, or the one my groom created. It was great fun, and our guests raved about how much they enjoyed the tasty gems. I would definitely recommend Lisa, and look forward to working with her again!

Sent on 12/14/2009

Jeff · Married on 10/24/2009

The cake that Lisa created for us was absolutely amazing. It contained three different layers and three types of icing.

I received so many positive comments from guests. They were absolutely blown away.

And, as a nice touch, we had Lisa create small chocolate favors for each guest. They were delectable.

Sent on 11/12/2009

Jennifer · Married on 09/12/2009

Lisa made my wedding cake on September 12 2009, it was beautiful!! I have an allergy to wheat gluten and she was able to make part of the cake gluten-free. If you buy or make gluten-free cakes alot of time they are dry, but her cake was perfect. I highly recommend her to do your wedding cake or any other occasion!! The time she must put in to do the outside homemade icing is amazing!! Thank you so much for making a perfect wedding cake!!

Sent on 09/22/2009

Cynthia · Married on 08/08/2009

Lisa designed a cake for my daughter in laws baby shower and the design was beautiful and the cake was the most delicious cake you have ever tasted. All the guests loved the cake. There were Teddy Bears on the cake and the top of the cake had a crib with a baby sleeping with a blue blanket (and you could see the baby's butt crack). Also over the crib was an embossed blanket, it was so beautiful. I would recommend Lisa for any occasion cake.

Cindy

Sent on 08/10/2009

Rosa · Married on 07/18/2009

WOW! Lisa's work is phenomenal! We got so many compliments from our guest. Not only on the look of the cake, but the taste as well. We had three different layers- three different flavors. Alot of times there is cake left over from wedding. It's a good feeling knowing that at our wedding, the cake was close to gone! Our guest are still talking about it! Lisa provided exactly what we wanted and it was a lot of fun test tasting all the different idea's!!! It was truly perfect! :)
    Mr. & Mrs Kruper

Sent on 08/01/2009

Tamara · Married on 06/13/2009

We would totaly recommend Candy and Confections by Lisa Stoudt! She was there for us and produced a gorgeous wedding cake for our daughter's wedding day with only a week's notice. The fondant was the best I've ever tasted.
    Thank you for making our daughter happy on her special day.

Sent on 06/22/2009

Thomasina · Married on 05/31/2009

Lisa was very helpful in assisting us to design our cake. She provided us with the basic guidelines on what sizes would feed how many, and then we took it from there. When we finally saw our wedding cake for the first time it was AMAZING!!!
    So much better than we had envisioned in our heads. And the flavors were amazing. But then we knew they would be. We fell in love with Lisa's cakes at first bite. And she didn't disapoint. When we went for our original tasting she had several cake and filling flavors to choose from. We will definitely be ordering more cakes in the future so we can enjoy more flavors than we were able to put in our cake.

Sent on 06/01/2009

Melanie · Married on 05/31/2009

I was extremely pleased with our wedding cake. It was not only beautiful, it was delicious. We choose three different flavors, one for each layer, and each one was excellent. My favorite was the coconut cake with chocolate mousse filling. Lisa was easy to work with and very professional. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/05/2009

Louise · Married on 04/25/2009

I found Lisa to be very creative and eager to please. The cakes were flavorful and very moist besides looking fantastic.

Sent on 05/20/2009

Stephanie · Married on 03/13/2009

My cake was perfect! I will be recommending Lisa to anyone I know who is looking for a truly delicious and unique cake. It not only looked just like the sketch I gave her but was absolutely delicious. I feel it was definitely worth every penny. I really have nothing but good things to say about her and her cakes. Your wedding or other event just isn't complete without one of her cakes.Thank you Lisa!

Sent on 03/16/2009

Beth · Married on 01/09/2009

Lisa did a wonderful job. Our wedding cake was even better then the samples we had. We had compliments on not only how the cake looked, but also the taste. It was delicious! We were married in Aruba and her cake was just what we wanted to remind us of our beach wedding. The design was more than I could have ever hoped for!
    We will be using Lisa for all of our cake needs in the future; from birthdays to graduations, to baby showers! We would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 02/25/2009

Stephanie · Married on 11/15/2008

Lisa made our cake exactly the way I wanted and it was absolutely beautiful as well as delicious. We had a three tier cake with different cake flavors and fillings. I received many good comments from my wedding guests about the cake and would highly recommend Lisa to anyone. She is very professional and extremely nice. If I ever need another cake professionally done, she's the first one on my list. Thanks so much Lisa!!

Sent on 11/29/2008

Corinne · Married on 10/18/2008

We were extremely pleased with our wedding cake by Lisa! We tasted many cakes at many bridal shows and as soon as we tasted Lisa's, I knew we HAD to have her cake at the wedding! She has so many flavors to choose from in the cakes, icing and mousse/filling. We has 3 tiers, square and scewed. We had ivory icing with chocolate brown ribbon around the base and cornflower blue swirls and dots all over. We wanted a look that was not your typical "wedding cake" and we were VERY pleased! It was beautiful! She was easy to work with and very professional. I would recommend her services to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 02/12/2009

Lisa · Married on 09/28/2008

After meeting with several other cake vendors and feeling like I did not receive much personal attention, a friend recommended Lisa Stoudt. She provided very personal service. She invited me to come to her home(place of business) to sample a variety of cake flavors and filings. I spent about an hour taste testing and was then able to bring the rest home for my soon to be husband to sample also.
    Lisa was creative and helped me with my style and worked with my florist on the flowers, one less thing I had to deal with.
    The cake was perfect and everyone loved the two flavors and filings I had picked.
    I felt as though her price was reasonable and comparable.

Sent on 02/11/2009

Megan · Married on 09/20/2008

We used Candy and Confections for our Wedding Cake. All we did was tell them our colors and gave them a few ideas of what we were looking for and they completely designed our wedding cake from scratch. it was not a cookie cutter wedding cake out of a magizine. It was completely personalized to us. No one will ever have the same cake we had. At first we thought the price was a little expensive but after seeing our cake on our wedding day it was completely worth the price. The designer hand made edible stargazer lillies and dragonflies out of chocolate. They looked so real. We actually passed a couple around our wedding to prove to people they were edible. And of course the taste is as importent as the design. Although we didn't really get to eat the cake on our wedding day we did taste every flavor we chose at a personal taste testing. That presentation was done so professionally. Every flavor cake was equally delicious. And we got nothing but compliments on the cake the day of the wedding. We also order chocolate truffles as our favors. The price for each of those was next to nothing compared to the flavor. I would have paid alot more for something that delious. And again, there was a personalized design on the top of the truffles. I would highly recommed Candy and Confections for any of you cakes needs.

Sent on 10/21/2008

Sandra · Married on 03/01/2008

We met with Lisa and she showed us pictures of cakes and they were all beautiful. We took the taste test and after that we knew she was making our cake, it was hard to decide which flavor. I took a picture from a magazine of the cake that I wanted she said she could make it. On our wedding day I could not believe how beautiful my cake was it looked just like the picture in the magazine. I was more than happy with the cake. Everyone love it and it was so delicious. I would recommend Lisa (Candy and Confections) for any occasion.

Sent on 02/11/2009

Randi · Married on 01/13/2013

Lisa was absolutely amazing!!!!! She turned an unusual cake request into an absolute masterpiece! The cake was not only beautiful showing a forest seen by a pond, but also had a hand painted back drop and sugar art critters. I was so impressed but even more so with the absolute deliciousness of the cake itself. I would recomend her to anyone. She is talented, creative and a delicious baker.

Sent on 02/09/2013

Rachel · Married on 10/08/2011

Lisa was AMAZING! She even made me a special cake for my MOH with less than 24 hours notice. DELICIOUS, professional, sweet as can be. And what's best - she makes you an anniversary cake - so you don't have to eat year old cake on your 1st anniversary. I HIGHLY recommend her :)

Sent on 10/21/2011