Candy and Confections by Lisa Stoudt Reviews

98 | Reading, PA

98 Reviews for Candy and Confections by Lisa Stoudt

Muffy · Married on 07/06/2014

I was ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY by the cake that Lisa made for my niece's bridal shower. NOT ONLY WAS THE CAKE INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS, BUT it was GORGEOUS!!!!! I THINK SHE COULD WORK FOR DISNEY WORLD WITH HER LEVEL OF TALENT!!!!!

The cake she made was a vintage theme and could not have been more perfect, more detailed or more beautiful. She gets a 10 out of 10 from me!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 07/06/2014

Jackie · Married on 05/31/2014

Lisa was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was very detail oriented and made my cake even better than I expected. It was absolutely beautiful and delicious. Everyone said how much they loved it too!!! She was very responsive to all questions and answered everything. I highly recommend Lisa, who would also be well worth the drive if not close by!

Sent on 06/07/2014

Tiffany · Married on 05/04/2014

I was extremely happy with the service by candy and confections. Lisa listened to our wishes and worked with our ideas. We had a small cake, cupcakes and cake pops that were amazing and delicious! I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 05/17/2014

My daughter's wedding cake was outstanding in both flavor and appearance. The custom made sugar flowers were absolutely gorgeous. Lisa's cinnamon flavored cake is beyond delicious--the texture of her cakes is perfect. She also did mini desserts for us--bite-sized cheese cakes topped with cherries and with salted caramel; mini cream puffs with chocolate mousse; and bite-sized coconut cakes (my favorite!!!). The display and cake-scaping Lisa did was elegant. In addition, Lisa could not do enough to accommodate our every request and wish. Our entire wedding cake experience-from the initial cake tasting visit to the final delivery of the finished cake to the venue-was wonderful!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Courtney · Married on 03/15/2014

Lisa made me the wedding cake of my dreams! Not only was it beautiful, it tastes amazing too! Lisa was so eager to meet our wants and needs and the sugar flowers were astounding!

Sent on 03/16/2014

Angela · Married on 10/05/2013

I discovered Lisa Stoudt at one of the Bridal Fairs I attended. She made an amazing vanilla cinnamon cake which I felt would be perfect for my fall wedding. I wanted to have cupcakes and a variety of desserts for my "cake." Lisa Stoudt was very accommodating to me and made several different desserts for my wedding. The sugar flowers she makes are gorgeous; I loved the flowers she made for the top of my small cake. My guests just loved everything she made; I received a lot of compliments. I would highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Shaileene · Married on 09/14/2013

Lisa did an amazing job with our cake. She worked with us and provided exactly what we wanted and imagined for our wedding day. It's rare to find somebody that will provide great quality service for a decent price and Lisa did just that for us. If you're looking for the cake of your dreams I definitely recommend Lisa Stoudt.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Sheetal · Married on 08/24/2013

Lisa made cake and treats for my daughter's first birthday party. I had the princess theme and she did an awesome job with making the perfect castle cake and the treats for the theme. The sugar decorations she did for the cupcakes were out of the world! Thankyou Lisa for your great work!!!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Aimee · Married on 05/25/2013

Lisa was absolutely amazing to work with. The cake she made for our wedding had 5 different flavors and it was very detailed. She spent a great deal of time assembling the cake for us at the reception. People were just blown away by the cake design/layout and all of the hand blown sugar creations she had made for us. I would recommend her to anyone because she is very easy to work with and will create whatever you would like her too. She is extremely talented.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Nina · Married on 05/18/2013

Lisa Stoudt is an absolute delight and so are her creations!!! I called her three weeks before my wedding and she easily accommodated my short time frame though busy herself making MANY other cakes! I had somewhat of an "unusual" idea for my wedding cake. She took the picture that I gave her and made the most beautiful creation! Every guest commented on how beautiful AND delicious the cake was - every flavor (we had three tiers) was fantastic- and every guest commented that it was the best cake they have ever tasted. Thank you Lisa! You helped to ENHANCE all of my wedding memories by being such a JOY to work with! Your work is proof that you love what you do!

Sent on 05/27/2013

We found Elisa at the last minute, and we sure are happy we did! We had some problems finding someone who could make a beautiful starry night/celestial themed cake for our wedding at the Reading Public Museum's Planetarium, but Elisa came through and delivered a cake that was both delicious AND beautiful! We have been hearing since our wedding last weekend how fantastic the cake was. My husband and I had a very specific vision and Elisa came through for us, creating exactly what we wanted! We have no complaints and will absolutely hire her again for any of our dessert-related needs!

Sent on 05/09/2013

I can't say enough about Lisa. Her creative vision is fantastic. O, and her cake is nothing to sneeze at either. Decoration was beautiful, and the cake was so moist and delicious. I would absolutely use Lisa again.

Sent on 10/14/2012

Vicky · Married on 08/31/2012

My husband and I chose Candy and Confections by Lisa Stoudt for our wedding cake. Our decision was based on a combination of good reviews and the fact that our venue didn't charge a cutting/serving fee if we went with her. Initially, my husband wasn't that interested in being involved with the cake and left it up to me. A few months later, he had a definite opinion about the design of it. Lisa was very patient and professional with us no matter how many times we made changes. In addition to how pleasant she is to work with, she also has very reasonable prices compared to some others, and only uses the highest quality ingredients. The high quality really shows in the product. At the bridal fair we attended, her samples put all the rest to shame and a week after the wedding, what remained of our cake was still moist and delicious. Even my bridesmaid who hates fondant had no problem with hers. The design was lovely enough to be on one of those wedding shows and all of the elements were done very carefully and cleanly, which I really appreciate. Basically, if you want a beautiful, delicious cake that wont stress your budget and you want a professional who wont cut corners, just save yourself some time and go with Lisa Stoudt.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Katie · Married on 08/10/2012

Lisa designed our wedding cake based off of a beach themed picture I found in a bridal magazine. It not only included all the details we asked for, but also was individualed toward our wedding colors with a few added creative bonuses. I was so eager to see how it turned our on my wedding day and it definitely exceeded my expectations. I never thought I would get so emotional about a cake, but it definitely brought me to tears because it far exceeded my expectations and brought our whole theme together. Lisa was friendly, professional and creative. The cake was beautiful and it tasted amazing. I would recommend her to a couple seeking a detail oriented cake maker passionate about creativity as well as cake.

Sent on 08/20/2012

Kelly · Married on 07/27/2012

I was amazed at how gorgeous and delicious our wedding cake was. I had several people tell me that she made the best cake they ever had (and I agree!). She even made us an anniversary cake the following year (for free!) that was equally beautiful and delicious. Her pictures don't do nearly the justice of the quality of her cakes. Even at the consultation, I wasn't blown away. But I am sure glad I chose Lisa to make our cake because it was one of the most memorable parts of our special day.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Lisa is a pleasure to deal with. She takes the time to make sure that every detail is covered. Her cakes are moist and she created the cake my daughter wanted.

Sent on 07/17/2012

From the time we first met with Lisa, she was professional and prepared. At our tasting, she had several types of cakes and frostings for us to taste. Everything was delicious and it was difficult to make a choice. In the weeks leading up to our wedding she was easy to contact and reached out to us whenever necessary. On our wedding day, she made a beautiful cake that was exactly what we had discussed. We also asked her to make several fingertip desserts for a dessert table. The guests loved the variety and we received many compliments about the dessert. Thanks Lisa!

Sent on 08/20/2012

Dawn · Married on 06/23/2012

Have you heard the adage "You get what you pay for"? Not at Candy and Confections by Lisa Stoudt in the Reading, PA area. The appearance of the cake outdid all our expectations and was all people were talking about, until they tasted it. That was when the sheer ecstasy took hold. We had both a chocolate cake filled with a french vanilla mousse and a yellow cake filled with a butterceam mousse (I think). They were excellent. Filled with flavor, moist and delicious. We got much more than we paid for, and Lisa was a joy to work with. Very accommodating and pleasant. You can't go wrong with this vendor!!!

Sent on 06/27/2012

Jenna · Married on 05/26/2012

We ordered our wedding cake a little over a year in advance. Lisa was amazing, providing us with many different cake, icing, and mousse samples to choose from. Our wedding cake was more beautiful than I ever imagined it would be and tasted just a great! It was perfect, and our guests were raving about the different tier flavors. In fact, every bit of cake was gone by the end of the reception because guests took seconds. She was very professional and contacted us 2 weeks and 1 week before the wedding to confirm colors, flavors, and details. She was extremely accomodating and thoughtful. Her unique style, made our cake one-of-a-kind. My husband and I were very pleased with her service. Working with her was easy and effortless. We were so happy when we saw our cake. She is truly an artist.....plus it tasted great. Our favorite was the peach cake with orange mousse filling.

Sent on 05/29/2012

Leah · Married on 04/28/2012

Our cake topper, two crowns, is so picture perfect both of our photographers said they took more photos of this cake than any other because they loved it so much. She made sugared flowers that looked identical to the real flowers in vases surrounding the table.

Lisa Stoudt was so patient with my husband and I. After our first meeting, I completly changed the cake design and she did not show any resentment. In fact, she called us two weeks before to review the cake one last time so that it would be perfect!

It tasted delicious, red velvet with sour cream icing and many people had 2 slices. We actually did not have any to take home because so many people had more than one piece! How often does that happen?

We were able to keep the cake top and all of the flowers and have a shelf now dedicated to them!

Sent on 05/04/2012

Pamela · Married on 01/21/2012

I was very pleased with our beautiful cake. It was just as I visioned it from the beginning. She listened to what I had asked for, and offered some of her ideas, and the end result the most beautiful wedding cake I could have asked for!!!

Sent on 06/01/2012

Barbara · Married on 11/26/2011

Working with LISA WAS LIKE WORKING WITH A HIGHLY SKILLED ARTIST AND ARCHITECT.i ordered several 41 individual cakes. The detail work on my cakes was incredible!My cake tasting was outstanding and I was offered several options and she was open to new requests.Lisas talent extends to beautiful sugar work the likes of things you see in china stores but she recreates them in sugar its truly amazing,I highly recommend her.Barbara

Sent on 01/23/2012

Stephanie · Married on 09/10/2011

Lisa did an amazing job on my recent wedding cake. She was extremely accommodating, and the cake turned out exactly as I had envisioned it! We received many compliments on how delicious the cake was as well. Lisa was able to add a special touch to our wedding cake - hand painted butterflies to represent each of our grandparents that were unable to make our wedding. It was the perfect touch and received great attention from our guests. Thanks again for an incredible wedding cake!

Sent on 09/24/2011

Danielle · Married on 07/30/2011

Lisa did an AMAZING job on both our wedding cake and grooms cake. She was professional, creative, and absolutely wonderful to work with. She pays attention to each and every detail and most importantly her cakes tasted delicious. My husband and I are constantly receiving compliments about our wedding cake and we are beyond grateful that chose Lisa to be a part of our big day.

Sent on 08/18/2011

Lynnies · Married on 05/29/2011

I have had Lisa do a variety of desserts for me through the years, and I have always been extremely happy! Cream puffs, lemon squares, peanut butter eggs, ice cream and of course; cakes. This time, she actually did a 3 tiered cake for my daughters graduation. WOW----it was lovely---and delicious!! Red Velvet--my daughters favorite!! She has always given me the prices up front, so I am never surprised when I receive the final cost. (it's worth every penny!) Thank goodness Lisa takes time out of her busy schedule to give me a friendly reminder phone call since I sometimes forget to call her back to finalize the cake! I would be in trouble then--my friends and family always look forward to tasting Lisa's next wonderful creation. You get what you pay for, and if you want quality ingredients, a delicious dessert, and fabulous service from the tasting to the set up---I highly recommend Lisa.

Sent on 06/16/2011