Camp Turnaround LLC Reviews

40 | Gales Creek, OR

40 Reviews for Camp Turnaround LLC

• W

joanna · Married on 11/25/2011

wonderful place to have your wedding! very beautiful with so many options.

Sent on 01/11/2012

Kasey · Married on 09/03/2011

Great experience! Would recommend it to any bride!

Sent on 10/29/2011
  • I

Ileana · Married on 08/28/2011

What a great experience! The locations is fabulous, the customer service and friendliness is exceptional. I would more than definately recommend this location to friends and family!

Sent on 10/17/2011

Jen · Married on 07/09/2011

Camp Turnaround was beautiful. The owner was more than helpful as we are from out of state and had to plan our wedding long distance. On the day of our wedding it was raining and she checked in with me with weather updates, and the skies cleared just in time for our ceremony. The kids had a blast playing on the playground and the adults had plenty to do as well at our reception. There are plenty of beautiful places to take photos. We have wonderful memories of our day and couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Sent on 10/15/2011

Barrell · Married on 06/25/2011

If you want your wedding to feel as if someone cares then
    Camp Turnaround is a great place to get married. This place makes you feel awesome. It took us back to how a wedding used to be before they became so money makers. CampTuirnaround was extremly easy to work with. Very professional, caring, helpfull and extremely polite. You can't go wrong at Camp Turnaround. If I had more children to marry we would return without any hesitation. The place is beautiful as well as the people in charge.

Sent on 10/15/2011

Ellayna · Married on 01/05/2013

A beautiful venue with very friendly staff. My wedding went off without a hitch and the staff were so helpful and flexible. Truly, my only complaint is that I let the director know when I did not have internet service on a regular basis but she still emailed me important information without calling. However it is only fair I also acknowledge that because she knew I did not have internet she was forgiving of my untimely responses to her emails. I would still make the same decision if I had a do-over.

Sent on 01/24/2013

Tai · Married on 09/06/2015

Ms. Morrison was very kind and welcoming to us, as she made our special day possible. I would not go anywhere else to do a wedding and would recommend this place to friends and family. The groom room was prefect, plenty of space to get ready and relax prior to the events. The venue had plenty of space to accommodate our 150+ of family members and guest, with many wonderful areas for pictures. They also have a playground on site which was a plus, and their parking staff did wonderful no issues getting in and out of the venue.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Melody · Married on 06/29/2014

This was a wonderful and absolutely beautiful place. The people were wonderful to work with. Brides quarters were great. The only down side was that guests had to use honey buckets.

Sent on 08/17/2014

Lauren · Married on 08/20/2017

Such a beautiful place! They were very easy to work with, and we loved that we could have any caterer do the venue as opposed to having to work with a specific contracted caterer. It was a bit more than we would have liked to have spend, although we knew it was perfect for us after seeing how gorgeous the property is. They were relaxed and easy to work with through the whole process, as well as on our big day. I would highly recommend Camp Turnaround! :)

Sent on 08/28/2017

Camp Turnaround is a beautiful, private and versatile place to have a reception. There's lots of options including a campfire, horseshoes, basketball court and kids play place in addition to the beautiful setting on the lawn and pavilion.

Make sure to go over all the bases contractually on be on the same page as well as all other details. This is in the owners back yard and as sometimes felt like we were putting them out- everything worked out fine and lovely and the owners were flexible but make sure to communicate.

Sent on 09/10/2012

4.2
      2.5

Camp Turnaround is a beautiful setting for a wedding and/or reception. We especially liked the indoor and outdoor options for our event. The "barn" type building is new and looks nice inside and out. The grounds are very well maintained and the activities available were a big hit with our guests- horseshoes, and a basketball court and playground for the kids (we didn't take advantage of the fire pit, but that would be fun too).
    My only complaints were with the set up availability and lack of overnight parking; some other sites we looked at allowed you a couple of hours to set up the night before if there were no other events booked that night (that would have been hugely helpful on such a busy day). They also will not allow cars to be parked there overnight which can prove difficult if alcohol is served and people need to carpool afterward.
    Otherwise we had no issues. Julie was fast with email replies and accommodating with some last minute changes and we got many compliments on the beautiful location.

Sent on 08/20/2013

Camp Turnaround LLC's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We would love to be able to fill the gaps for a the few inconveniences that you mentioned. The cars can be left here but just outside the gate as we may not be available whenever people want to come back for their cars. Frequently, we have events the next day and need everything available for the next day.
  • Cecilia

Cecilia · Married on 06/30/2018

Summer Wedding

Julie was great to work with! She had lots of great recommendations to give about what people had done with the space in the past. She was very flexible and easy to work with.

Sent on 10/20/2018

sarah · Married on 08/04/2012

2.0

Gorgeous space and perfect for a wedding. I still hear how beautiful and perfect it was. Julie was great and always responded in a timely manner. The only down fall was they were renting out part of thier property and we felt in the way and that we were inconvenencing the people who were staying there. Plus,we did not know about them til the day of. The directors husband was a jerk too. He should just stay in the house during an event. I would also maybe recomend a business class. Otherwise... amazing!

Sent on 09/01/2012

Camp Turnaround LLC's reply:

Perhaps you did not realize that the bridal suite is not normally available to the wedding party during rehearsal. I generously made part of it available and perhaps should have made it more clear to you that this wasn't part of the the normal service. The extra time that you had for your rehearsal was also beyond contracted and normal time given as was the extra help I provided for set up. So sorry for the inconvenience when you had to move your car that blocked the driveway.

Mary · Married on 06/01/2013

3.4
      3.0

First, I'm not the bride, but I felt compelled to review the venue from my observation as a guest and someone who helped the day of the event. I'll start by saying this is a gorgeous location for a wedding event. The landscaping is lovely and the reception area is nicely done. The bridal cabin is well appointed and has a bathroom. The groom's area is nothing more than a garage with a few mirrors, a place to change, and some seating. The groom and men in the wedding party share the porta-potty with the guests. In regards to the actual event, the tables and chairs for the ceremony and reception were not set-up until about an hour before the ceremony, which caused problems with setting things up on time. The owner helped a bit. The sound for the music during the ceremony was mysteriously turned down. The electricity the PA system was not on in the reception area. After realizing it wasn't the system, but a lack of power, someone asked the owner for help. The owner fixed the electrical issue quickly, but this delayed and upset the flow of the reception. During the reception, there were several shotgun blasts close by. This was unsettling. Also, the owner was overheard chatting with some guests claiming the bride was not organized and that is why things weren't going smoothly. Organized or not, this was unprofessional. She also was overheard asking the bride if her employees could eat the leftovers. The experience was unfortunate because the reviews on this place made it seem like a perfect place. If I was the bride or groom (June 1), I'd expect at least a partial refund to be offered. Maybe the shotguns going off was supposed to be funny, since the bride is pregnant. I did not see the humor, nor appreciate the experience. It's a shame because it really is a lovely place.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Camp Turnaround LLC's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. As always, we make changes to meet our customers needs. This wedding that you attended had opted to do their own set up. We now do all the set up. Clean up at the end is simple: remove your personal belongings and we take care of the rest. The sound system was also the wedding party's equipment. Remember when you make a review that you may be inadvertently analyzing your host, the bride and groom that made all these choices. As to unprofessional> guilty as charged, I am much too friendly to stand back and not help. Unfortunately when a person isn't part of a conversation and overhears part of it, the wrong conclusion can be drawn. The shotguns!? Really? That wasn't even on the property! This is the country; not only do people do country things (although the shotguns were a first and so far never again event) but we have wonderful fresh air enriched by millions of acres of forest between us and the coast. Just being in nature is restorative to a person’s well-being. The creek tumbles out fresh ions that reportedly improve health and well being. The birds tweet but we are too far from all the powerful signals that enable our tech devices to work well. So the tweeting and texting and emailing are limited. This gives people opportunity for person to person face time which is great for occasions such as weddings.

A · Married on 07/21/2018

0.4
      0.5

Went to a wedding there and it was horrible. The bathroom were broken instead of people enjoying themselves they spend a great deal of waiting in line for the restrooms. And the personal are rude they pulled out the musicians like 10 min before the time was supposed to expired. Parking was also an issue. I’d give it a zero.

Sent on 07/26/2018

Camp Turnaround LLC's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. The toilet situation was an epic failure that we never had before. I do not know of any plumbing that will handle diapers and diaper wipes such as were found by the roto-rooting company. We apologize profusely and hopefully the readily available garbage can will be used by all in the future!
    Regarding the sound however, you may not have the correct information as the music actually continued longer than the agreed upon time and the musicians were politely reminded. It is sad when the party has to end and I can understand your disappointment as the band was terrific!
    The parking lot is large enough for 100 cars; more cars than that were expected by your loving and kind hosts and they arranged for extra parking off-site.