Camp Loughridge Reviews

39 | Tulsa, OK

39 Reviews for Camp Loughridge

Britni · Married on 04/20/2013

Overall, I think I made the right decision in choosing Loughridge.

Pros: Kathy is amazing. She is responsive and warm, and puts you at ease. The chapel and conference center are both gorgeous and exactly what I wanted. The wait staff was excellent and the food got rave reviews (even when I asked that everything be vegetarian!).

Cons: My ONE MAJOR CON was the alcohol pricing. It is absolutely absurd. They charge restaurant prices (as in, $30 for a bottle of wine, plus 13.5% alcohol tax, plus 5% regular tax, plus 20% gratuity). There are STRICT rules about bringing in outside alcohol, or taking with you any unused alcohol, and you can't get any money back unless all you buy is domestic beer. And then its only 70% back.

Everything else is also fairly pricey too (like the rental fees and food), but overall those at least seem to be justified because the venue and food were both great...but I am still angry (obviously) about being asked to spend $45 for an $8 bottle of wine.

Overall, would recommend.... especially if you don't want to drink!

Sent on 05/03/2013

Amber · Married on 05/05/2012

The place was very beautiful! The staff was very helpful in making sure that we had everything that we needed for our day. The only thing that I wish is that we had a little more time to set up, however due to the venues time schedule for other eventswe were on a timeline.

Sent on 05/23/2012

Kailey · Married on 10/02/2016

3.5

It was not only a gorgeous venue, but the staff that helped on our big day were excellent! Kathy Stone is hands-down the best to work with and I would recommend using Camp Loughridge to anyone. The only minor thing that I would change is that it got somewhat toasty in the Bridal suite and from what I heard it was hot in the Grooms suite as well. Other than that our wedding day was perfect thanks to the helpful staff and beautiful venue itself.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Wonderful staff and beautiful venue. They were able to help my dream wedding come true. The venue has very small bridal and grooms suites so that made for close quarters on the day of with a large wedding party. The hours your receive for the wedding day are very limited so I ended up having to purchase extra time at the venue in order to not rush anything. Over all a great experience and beautiful venue.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Crystal · Married on 04/27/2013

3.0

Camp Loughridge is BEAUTIFUL! This place is stunning! We rented the TCC building and the chapel which held all 230 of our guest. If your planning a big wedding, I would for sure consider this venue. It is gorgeous!

The only thing I would caution is the value of this venue. It is expensive for the what it comes with. (the value you pay comes with facility, tables, black chairs with arms (not weddingisk), and security for the reception. Things they charge extra for are very upfront, which I appreciate alot. =) It does not come with linens... which can easily cost 1500-2000 dollars. They offer black chairs with arms that you can't cover and if you do not like the black chairs, you can rent other chairs and pay $250 (plus cost of the chairs) to do so. Then, you are only allowed to use one rental company, Party Pro. You do all your ordering through Loughridge and they take care of everything. Just a caution.. no Party Pro Coupons are accepted by Loughridge. I had a 15% off and couldn't use it. Even though Loughridge is contracted with Party Pro and receive discounts for being contracted, they still charge the full price to the bride and use the extra money to pay the their staff for setting up. I ordered chairs, chair covers and sashes, table clothes, napkins and chargers. There is an additional charge to set up chair covers and sashes, and a charge to fold napkins. It was an extra 500 dollars to get different chairs and have napkins and chairs set up plus they use the difference in their discount to pay for set up as well.

I wish they would offer the choice of other rental companies since there is no benefit to you to use Party Pro. There were 2 other places in Tulsa that I received quotes from that would have been cheaper to do our rentals. Especially since other high end venues offer their linens that are included in their facility cost (Mayo, Post Oak).

Overall, I was very happy with our venue and our guest had an awesome time!
    Kathy is AMAZING! You NEED her!

Sent on 05/09/2013

Alida · Married on 05/03/2015

4.2

The coordinator there is very helpful, sweet and gets things done. Kathy Stone will help you with anything you need and it's always a pleasure to meet with her!

Sent on 04/01/2015
  • Laurel

Laurel · Married on 12/30/2012

3.0

Kathy is amazing - loved working with her! We really enjoyed our wedding at Loughridge! There were only two problems - we had assigned seats at our reception, and we were missing a table that we had planned on having, so we had to find seats for a whole table's worth of guests. And, the on-staff caterer ran out of one food item at the reception. But overall, it's a great venue and so beautiful for pictures!

Sent on 12/15/2016

3.0

Okay-the upsides are that the people are great-super friendly and helpful. The food is amazing-everything I could've asked for. Yes you have to use their caterer but many places require that AND it's worth it for the incredible food you get. The location and venues are gorgeous and don't require much in the way of decorating because they are just beautiful.
    The major downside for me and the reason I had value listed lower and flexibility listed lower is because of the strict time restraints we had. When we first signed the contract, we were very clear that we wanted a wedding at 7pm because we had the wedding on a Friday, had many guests coming in from out of town, and thus wanted them to have time to get there. They said that would be fine. Come to find out they had scheduled another person after us to have a rehearsal and we HAD to have EVERYTHING (including candles, lights, flowers, etc) out of the chapel by 8pm sharp-no exceptions. So we literally had an hour to do everything-ceremony, family pictures, bride and groom pictures etc. I was forced to change the time to 630- and then practically begged them to be able to add an hour on to my time there-but it just added 30 minutes onto the end of the chapel time and 30 onto the beginning, and then I had to pay $100 for that. To top it off, while asking for extra time and explaining our dilemma, the lady I spoke with said "We will see what we can do, but since this other girl's rehearsal is that night, we don't want to ruin her experience." I thought that was very rude considering that I was asking for more time on my WEDDING night rather than my rehearsal night. Also-you can't use any adhesive on anything anywhere in their buildings. So if you have dreams of hanging christmas lights, any cute pennant banners, or any sort of garland anywhere, make sure you can figure out a way to hang them other than adhesive. All in all it was a great wedding-but just know they aren't lenient when it comes to time and overbook.

Sent on 12/13/2012

Rachel · Married on 08/31/2012

3.5

CL is a beautiful location. I rented the chapel and conference center. I am very happy I had it there...my main frustration was the amount of money spent in relation to the amount of time were were allowed to use the facilities. We only had 6 hours for pre-prep/photos, and the whole ceremony and reception. It was just too rushed. I wish we could have had another hour or two for the price paid. However, they did work with me an allow some extra allowances to come the day before to drop some things off at least since there was no one using the facility then. They were great to work with overall.

Sent on 09/20/2012
  • W

Whitney · Married on 03/30/2012

3.0

This place is beautiful and I am very happy with my wedding here. Kathy and her crew are very helpful and responsive. I asked them all kinds of non venue related questions and they helped me with everything. Everyone loved the food, it was very good and somewhat reasonable. The downsides were the fact that I could not decorate or enter the facility until 4:30 the day of my 6:30 wedding and I had to pay someone to decorate(MC Occasions-very good and reasonable). Also, Aila, the caterer, is very good and does a great job but is impossible to get in touch with... Until the week of your wedding. This place is laid back and beautiful. Kathy is amazing and the money for your wedding goes back into the facility/kids camps. Overall I loved it.

Sent on 04/18/2012

Joanie · Married on 06/19/2010

3.0

The only downside to having your reception here is that you HAVE to use the caterer which is very expensive. However worth the money because the food is fabulous. That is why I downgraded flexibility. If you have a reception in the Conference Center, be careful of the sun beaming on the dance floor. We had ours at 5:00 and it was very hot on the dance floor. So hot, people did not want to dance. Kathy is great and very helpful. She is hard to reach but will return emails as soon as she can. Usually someone else at Camp Loughridge can answer the same questions you would normally just ask her. The location is great and made for wonderful pictures. Pricing was reasonable as well

Sent on 11/09/2010

Jana · Married on 06/11/2010

3.8
      2.0

I fell in love with Loughridge the first time i saw it. If I would have known how ridiculous their prices were and that you had to use their vendors, I would have kept looking. First, you are required to use thier caterer, Catering Kitchens. The food was amazing and the staff was great, during the reception, but the price was way high and they also require you to use their alchohol vendor. $ 350.00 for one keg of beer? Thats insane. They also do not allow you to come in to the reception hall before your alloted time, so you need to figure out a way to set things up without being there. But if course, they were able to do my centerpieces for a small fee. One of many "small fees", we came across during the planning. By the way, get everything the Caterer says in writing. Everyone who came to my reception thought it was beautiful and they raved about the food. But I still cant get over how inflated the prices were.

Sent on 06/18/2010

Vanessa · Married on 11/05/2011

3.4
      2.0

Camp Loughridge is a beautiful venue. We wanted an outdoor feel without having to go outdoors because in OK in November, the weather can be iffy. If you have the money, it is definitely worth it, but if you are working on a tight budget you may want to reconsider. You get what you pay for but again it is costly. As others have said you have to use their caterer which also provides the alcohol. It was insanely expensive. The food was amazing and everyone loved it. The venue itself is beautiful and Kathy is very helpful. If you have the budget definitely go for it, if not consider some other options.

Sent on 11/30/2011

Joani · Married on 04/25/2010

3.2
      2.0

With nothing to compare Camp Loughridge to, I feel a bit blind in giving a review. On the positives, the contact person was helpful, responsive, sweet, and kind. She would answer the questions I need answers to. The facility is strict on what a renter can and cannot do and the time limit is firm. Because of the time restrictions, it made for stressful planning to get the facility decorated, pictures taken, guests dinning, etc. To purchase more time is expensive if one is looking to save on costs. The venue is beautiful and the pictures are wonderful so in that regard, there is some positives.

Sent on 05/13/2010