Camilla's Bridal Reviews

116 | Arlington, MA

116 Reviews for Camilla's Bridal

Kim · Married on 08/29/2009

The ladies at Camilla's are great to work with. I'm not sure what other positive things I can say that haven't already been said. I appreciated the fact that the shop is not intimidating. They let you browse the store without hovering and they give you privacy when trying on the dresses. I had my alterations done at the shop as well - the dress fit perfect when they were done.

Sent on 09/28/2009

Jasmine · Married on 05/17/2009

Kind, professional management at this bridal shop. Beautiful dresses at fair prices.

Sent on 07/01/2009

Lynne · Married on 05/30/2009

3.5

I LOVE this shop! I had been to several shops before ending up at Camillas and the experience was wonderful. Nivia and her mom are so sweet and were so helpful. I never felt pressured to make a purchase like at other shops. I loved my dress and they really made the dress shopping experience so easy. Violette, the seamstress, was so sweet and my alterations were great(my bustle did break at the reception but only because someone stepped on it). Alterations were also a bit on the pricey side (almost half of what my dress cost- but my dress had many layers so I figured that was why.) This shop had a great selection of dresses and I was able to stay in my budget. They also steamed my veil (which I purchased on line) at no charge. Definitely check this shop out if you are still dress shopping!

Sent on 07/23/2009

mika · Married on 08/09/2008

3.5

Was so comfortable working with Camillas. I highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 09/03/2008

Kassie · Married on 08/20/2016

Camilla's was great! I went there after having two friends recommend it. They were very accommodating when I showed up with several people to shop with me. The shop is adorable, and the owners are lovely. The tailor was not totally clear with me about how many times I would be visiting for alterations - that was a little bit frustrating because I didn't feel like I had anything major being changed and had to make several visits back. That being said, the day I picked up my dress I took it back to my mom's house and tried it on so she could see... and ripped the shoulder of the dress as I moved. I called Camilla's immediately. They told me to bring it right back, and had the tailor alter it in just a couple days. So for that I give them all full marks! It was perfect after that - and it looked incredible on our wedding day!

Sent on 02/10/2017

Valery · Married on 04/16/2011

I had a great experience at Camilla's. I had tried on 85+ dresses and could not find a dress that I wanted (plain, straps, simple). I breezed into the shop on a random weekday alone and knew I found my wedding dress when I saw it on the rack. I hadn't seen the Mikaella line elsewhere (hadn't heard of it at that point) and it was perfect, lightweight, straps, plain, simple and classic. I tried on a few others and the ladies were very helpful and honest. I came back a few days later with my mother to order the dress I wanted. I had my alterations done there as well and I don't have any complaints. Violette knows exactly what she is doing and she created a bustle for me that wasn't french or whatever, but perfect, like the dress just sucked up the bustle, exactly what I wanted. I did have to wait a few times when I would arrive for an appointment but the place is small and I preferred it to a large store so I didn't mind. They were flexible about "visiting" my dress once it came in so I could show to friends or family. I thought everyone there was very nice and I had a pleasant experience.

Sent on 06/12/2011

Stephanie · Married on 09/26/2009

3.5

Very laid back environment, they weren't pushy or uptight (something I had experienced at other stores), and they HELPED me find a good fit. I didn't really know what I was doing or what I really wanted and they were very patient with me and my family (all four of them!). Great accessories!

Sent on 07/01/2010

Linda · Married on 07/25/2009

Camilla's is a nice and quaint store which is so much better than a chain store because you get the attention that you need. They were very helpful in giving me advice and ensured I had everything I needed.

Sent on 08/14/2009

Molly · Married on 08/04/2007

The service at Camilla's was great. The saleswomen were helpful, polite, and knowledgeable about their stock. I bought my wedding dress there (off the rack!) and ordered five bridesmaid's dresses. They were easy to work with and very affordable.

Sent on 11/17/2007

Sara · Married on 09/26/2015

3.5

The ladies at Camilla's were incredibly responsive to e-mails and phone calls, kind and helpful in the dress selection and alterations process, and always willing to assist in selecting accessories that go well with my gown. The only thing that made our interactions difficult was that the seamstress who works with them is only in on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings, and Thursday evenings. Arlington is a bit of a hike from my home in Boston, and I ended up having to take time off of work to meet with the seamstress for my fittings.

Despite the tough seamstress schedule, I would still highly recommend Camilla's to anyone in the Boston area looking for a wedding gown! They also carry gorgeous flower girl, bridesmaid, and mother-of-the-bride dresses.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Erica · Married on 11/04/2017

4.2

Dress shopping, nevermind wedding dress shopping, can be anxiety-producing - especially when you are not a sample size. I was nervous and worried that I wasn't going to find what I wanted - and then I came to Camilla's. I was very lucky to have found Maria at Camilla's Bridal - she is a A+++ and helped me find the perfect dress.

She listened to what I like and didn't like about the dresses I was trying on and ultimately, she picked out the dress that I would eventually buy for my wedding day. If I had just seen the dress on the hanger, I might have overlooked it but Maria knew what it would be the one for me - and she was right! I couldn't imagine wearing any other dress and I felt beautiful and svelte and it was perfect.

Thank you Maria and everyone at Camilla's!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/10/2008

4.2

this small bridal shop allowed me to purchase a great dress within our budget. we had to pay for our own wedding; therefore, we had to stick to our budget. i was able to purchase my dream gown under budget thanks to camillas.

Sent on 10/28/2008

Brenda · Married on 09/12/2009

3.6
      3.0

The atmosphere at Camilla's is great - they let you peruse the dresses right on the rack. They have a great selection of styles with a range of prices. I absolutely love the dress that I found there, which was actually their recommendation (and was amazed at how inexpensive it was). There were some delays in the arrival of my dress, which caused some complications but in the end, it worked out just fine.

Sent on 10/29/2009

Diana · Married on 05/30/2010

3.4
      2.5

I was disappointed with Camilla's. Choosing a dress was easy enough - the staff was friendly and allowed me to just peruse the whole rack (they don't have tons of dresses, which makes it easier to choose. The selection is just fine) which was nice and I purchased a dress the same day. The price was fine (wedding dresses are crazy expensive, but I was happy to support a local business).

However, the alterations process was there things became irritating. I made an appointment for a fitting, and the place is always busy, so I always had to wait around to get a room. When I finally got a room, the staff would be busy with someone else so I had to practically beg them to answer my questions. The alterations lady needed to take in the top, hem the bottom, and add a bustle. When she gave us the price I almost passed out -- the price was 3 times what I expected, and over 1/2 the cost of the dress!! This seemed insane to me, and I was annoyed that I wasn't warned when I bought the dress that it would be so much. I definitely felt that I had been misled about this.

Anyway, I ended up paying this because I didn't feel like going elsewhere (that seemed like a pain too), but then was annoyed when the alterations weren't done on my FIRST *OR* SECOND fitting! The seamstress said they would be complete for the first fitting. They acted like this was no big deal, and then were a little surprised to learn my wedding was in a few days and I would have LIKED to try on the final product and not come in again to wait for hours for a dressing room. Another issue was that I wanted buttons added to the dress, and a week before the wedding they said the buttons they ordered never arrived...oops. Not very professional.

So, I would have gone elsewhere for alterations, in retrospect.

Sent on 09/12/2010

Kristina · Married on 09/13/2009

1.4
      2.0
      2.0
      1.0
      2.5

I ordered my BM dresses through here - they were one of only a few places that carried the line I wanted. They received great reviews online, so I was expecting great service - what I received was disappointing. It was difficult to get ahold of anyone by phone, it was even worse trying to get them to return a call when you left a message. I had to call several times for a receipt (that arrived over a month late), they kept changing the date the dresses would be in (even after checking with the manufacturer for ship date), they did not notify me when the dresses eventually did come in, and I had to remind them that one of them needed to be shipped elsewhere (after I confirmed twice that that wouldnt be a problem). I asked for samples and was given a date they would be in, which was also changed several times (again, no notification that it arrived). I didnt trust them to mail it to me, so I just had them hold it for me. I had to fill out the same information forms three times, and my veil was ordered incorrectly despite a 2nd confirmation of the order (also had the same problems with notification of delivery, and re-delivery, of the correct veil. I did receive it two days prior to my wedding).

The only good thing about this place is that the younger woman that runs the day-to-day operations was friendly (hence the 2.5 professionalism rating). I would not recommend doing business with this vendor at all.

Sent on 01/21/2010

Lindsay · Married on 08/01/2010

0.6
      0.0

I had a horrible experience at Camilla's and am pleased to say i did not order my dress there. I had an appointment, and called them to see if it was okay if I was half an hour late. They said I could be late, but would have to still end at the same time. So I RUSHED to get there, only to find out that.... the last appointment ran over, and so we sat around for 45 minutes- hour waiting to have a chance to get anyone's attention. Then, as we were in our appointment, the next appointment came, and did not have to wait at all... no no no... they merely got the attention of our saleswomen. Their dresses were nice but nothing I haven't seen, and I ended up getting something much nicer at a much better store, with much more individualized attention from a store that actually cared about their clientele.

Sent on 08/05/2010