Cameo Cakes Reviews

92 | Wichita, KS

92 Reviews for Cameo Cakes

Kristen · Married on 03/16/2007

They were very friendly and knowledgeable. Willing to help you work within your budget.

Sent on 11/09/2007

After going from cake shop to cake shop my last stop was Cameo Cakes, they were so helpful took the time out to sit down with us draw out examples of what my cakes would look like and just had a friendly conversation. They cake tasting was wonderful, I would highly recommend Cameo Cakes for any events.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Temitope · Married on 03/14/2015

Vicki is definitely an artist who has an eye for perfection! I sent her pictures of my cake and she designed detail for detail. We consulted only twice over the phone, as I reside in California. It was good to know that I could trust her with creating my perfect cake for my wedding day.

Sent on 03/17/2015

Very delicious cake, exceeded my expectation

Sent on 01/07/2015

Cameo Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for the review and if there is anything we can help you with in the future please give us a call.
    Rick & Vicki Prather
    d.b.a. Cameocakes

Sarah · Married on 04/17/2010

Vicki at Cameo Cakes made us a beautiful and tasty cake for our reception. We just went with a traditional white, tiered cake, but it was an excellent example of one. She was lovely to work with, and the cake was the easiest element to our whole event.

Sent on 05/13/2010

Jasmine · Married on 07/07/2007

They were very helpful and did their best to give me exactly what I needed.

Sent on 01/19/2008

Pamela · Married on 09/26/2015

As always, cameo cake came thru with a wonderful & delicious cake. My wedding cake was exactly what I wanted, matching the picture & the colors that I wanted. Nothing but good comments about the simply, yet elegant wedding cake.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Jessica · Married on 03/17/2007

The cake was gorgeous and tasted wonderful. They worked very well with us and we actually were able to sit down with the man who makes the cakes!

Sent on 05/04/2008

Erin · Married on 06/03/2006

Wedding cakes tend to be expensive no matter where you go, which is my only complaint. Their service was fast and friendly. Our cake was beautiful and delicious. It arrived on time and in perfect condition to the reception site.

Sent on 11/20/2007

Cake was excellent. Service was excellent. The only hang-up we ran into was not having my cake prepared for a 2-hr travel time (even though I had mentioned it 3 times before), so we had to wait 45 minutes for the cakes to be put in the freezer.

Sent on 06/28/2015
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/15/2015

3.0

We used cameo cakes to supply cupcakes for our wedding and a small 6" round for the top of our cupcake tower. Since we had a smaller order, they would not deliver so we had to pick it up the day of. It was also odd to meet with them as you would just walk in and speak to someone instead of scheduling a meeting. It just seemed informal compared to the rest of our planning. However, the cupcakes and cake were delicious and looked fantastic.

Sent on 10/10/2015

MARIAH · Married on 06/07/2008

4.2

cake was good just wasn't as good as the rest of my vendors

Sent on 03/24/2009

Nicole · Married on 08/01/2008

3.5

The cake was beautiful, although the frosting bubbled in one area. It was delicious, moist and was not too rich. Just wonderful.

Sent on 08/08/2008

3.0

The cake tasted amazing, but they messed up on our groom's cake! My husband is a huge cowboys fan and they made him a chiefs cake. We didn't see it until we went to cut the cake. Make sure they write everything down.

Sent on 08/24/2014

Cameo Cakes's reply:

We are EXTREMELY Sorry about the mistake, You are right the picture you picked out in the books was with the Chiefs logo and we were suppose to change it to Cowboys. When I was doing it looked at the picture and then just did the cake not looking back at the card.She will be calling you to refund money with the hopes of making it right with you. So SORRY AGAIN.
    Vicki Prather

Scottlyn · Married on 10/27/2007

3.5

I had seen a cake that i wanted at another vendor but didn't like the way theirs tasted and cameo cakes said they'd do it for me and i loved the cake!

Sent on 06/22/2008
  • Carmen

Carmen · Married on 04/13/2019

3.4
      2.5
      3.0

When I went in the establishment the first time, I was not impressed. I did email the owner and I was going to give them another chance, but I ended up using another establishment. I have heard and read some good things about cameo though!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Cameo Cakes's reply:

I am very sorry about your dealings in our store. I have talked with my staff and I will let you know that it should never happen and will not happen again. I have messaged you and hope to get your response and hope that I can change your outlook of our store. Sincerely Richard Prather.

Amanda · Married on 06/30/2007

3.2
      2.5
      3.5

Had a three tier cake white cake, white icing, only had a little bit of green detail done for leaves/vines. Even though I picked out designs that they had in their books they didn't really do it the way I wanted. I mean, it looked nice, but it wasn't what I expected at all. I guess I would expect it to vary if you brought in magazines or your own photos and asked them to match it. But these were photos of things that their own shop had done and it didn't look anything like it.

Cake tasted great and we still have some in the freezer :)

Sent on 03/05/2008