CaliforniaRabbi.com Reviews

66 | Los Alamitos, CA

66 Reviews for CaliforniaRabbi.com

1 User photo

CaliforniaRabbi.com 1

We were looking for a rabbi who would implement both traditional as well as modern elements in our ceremony. Furthermore, we had to have a Rabbi who was willing to officiate a Jewish wedding a bit before subset on a Saturday night. Well, Rabbi Mayersohn at californiarabbi.com came through for us. He met us a few times, listened to our requets and was instrumental in being available for any questions or concerns pertaining to the ceemony all the way up to the day of the wedding. On the day of the wedding, Rabbi Mayersohn was on-time, prepared and willing to listen to our last-minute questions/concerns with total patience and understanding. And, then, the ceremony. Well, we could not have been happier. Rabbi Mayersohn conducted the ceremony exactly the way we discussed. He officiated a ceremony that appealed to both the traditonal as well as the more conservative of Jewsih listeners. All in all, the wedding guests raved about the ceremony and we were so happy with Rabbi Mayersohn that we would recommend him wholeheartedly for any future couples who are looking for a Rabbi.

Sent on 04/27/2013
  • Sanaa

Sanaa · Married on 05/05/2012

Rabbi Michael was AMAZING! He took the time to listen to our needs and was very flexible. He met with our pastor to ensure that our interfaith ceremony was as seamless as possible- they both worked wonderfully together! Our ceremony was truly beautiful and so unique, it meant so much to my husband and me! We would recommend Rabbi Michael to all interfaith couples looking for that personal touch, he was very helpful, responsive and lent much insight to any questions we had. Our day couldn't have been better! Thank you Rabbi Michael!!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Rabbi Michael was excellent at coaching us through the options of our interfaith wedding. We felt comfortable after knowing he had worked closely with our other officiant in the Catholic Church. Ultimately the two provided us with the perfect blending of cultures and customs. Thank you!

Sent on 07/24/2012

Stefanie · Married on 11/04/2011

We really enjoyed working with Rabbi Michael Mayersohn. He made us both very comfortable throughout the whole process, was willing to work with us on adding in funny personal content, ensured that everyone in attendance felt like part of our big day (regardless of religious background), and even dressed to match our wedding theme! I would highly recommend him to any friend in need of a Rabbi :-)

Sent on 08/05/2012
  • Caryl

Caryl · Married on 10/29/2011

I recently was at a wedding that was officiated by Rabbi Michael Mayersohn and a Roman Catholic priest. It was beautifully done and tastefully handled. Everyone was very pleased with the result of this unique union of religions. I was a guest at the wedding and had located Rabbi Michael Mayersohn for the bride and groom since they wanted to have the service represent both faiths. The bride and groom met with the rabbi and both agreed that he would be an excellent choice for this very interfaith wedding. I had actually tried to get him for my step-daughter but he was unavailable. The rabbi's cost is a bit more, but totally worth it if you want a beautiful affair with respect for the religions, no matter which one where one person is Jewish and for the families involved. Additionally, if you are in another city where no rabbi will conduct the service, you can feel good about flying him in for the day-he will make the difference for you.
    The day was beautiful under a chuppah which is used in many religions now because of the great photos and the symbolism explained by the rabbi. There was the signing of the ketubah (the Jewish wedding contracts), reciting of the seven blessings and breaking of the glass at the end. The priest spoke beautifully about the parts shared by both religions. There were religious passages read from Genesis and Ecclesiastes and a references G-d whichever people believed in and wanted to think about. I don't believe there was anyone who felt uncomfortable about anything that might have been said or done and neither religion was slighted. I think you would be very happy with the rabbi if you are planning a wedding-interfaith or not. We may use him ourselves for a future mitzvah (happy event) whether both parties are Jewish or not.

Sent on 08/26/2013

Sharon · Married on 09/18/2011

Rabbi Mayersohn did such a wonderful job officiating our ceremony. We are an interfaith couple (I am Jewish my husband and his family are Christian) and Rabbi Mayersohn did such a great job creating a ceremony that everyone could understand and appreciate. So many people told us how beautiful they thought the ceremony was! He also kept very calm when we were feeling the chaos of everything that was going on around us right before the ceremony! He did a beautiful job and we will definitely be recommending him to any friends we know looking for a Rabbi to officiate their wedding.

Sent on 07/22/2012

Laura · Married on 07/30/2011

Rabbi Michael was the officiant at our wedding. He was perfect! Not only was he nice and personable but made sure our wedding ceremony was everything we wanted and more. We met with a few different Rabbis but we truly felt a connection with Rabbi Michael. He planned a wedding ceremony that truly represented us. My husband is Jewish and my background is Italian and our ceremony was beautiful. We received so many compliments from our friends and family about how wonderful our ceremony was. As we watch our wedding video, we are so grateful that Rabbi Michael is the person that married us. Thank you Rabbi Michael!!

d · Married on 06/26/2011

My wife and I are so glad we chose Rabbi Mayersohn to officiate our wedding. He did an amazing job with the ceremony, bringing just the right amounts of meaning, humor, and spirituality. We felt that his every word was genuine and from the heart, like he was truly on our team, pulling for our marriage and our life together. We received so many compliments from our friends - Jewish and non-Jewish - and several commented that it was their favorite ceremony that they'd ever seen performed. Also, our pre-marriage meetings with the rabbi were an absolute pleasure. He made us feel entirely at ease from the first hello to the big day, and was always available in between to answer any questions we had. We'd highly recommend Rabbi Mayersohn to officiate any wedding that has a Jewish component.

Sincerely,
    D&P

Sent on 08/03/2012

S. Harris · Married on 05/07/2011

Rabbi Michael was very helpful in suggesting a format that would appeal to the non Jewish attendees. As a result, my wife's Catholic family and friends were impressed with the beauty of the Jewish aspect of the ceremony.

Shana · Married on 04/22/2011

Rabbi Michael did an amazing job for us! He took a personal interest in us and made our wedding ceremony beautiful while allowing us to be who we are. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/17/2012

Alyson · Married on 08/08/2009

He did a great job at our wedding ceremony. Everyone loved how short and sweet the ceremony was!!

Sent on 04/22/2010

My fiancé (now husband) and I conducted an extensive search for a rabbi to officiate our wedding but we found ourselves facing a few challenges, it was a destination wedding in Palm Springs, on Passover, the wedding was taking place on Shabbat before sundown and to make it even more challenging we're an interfaith couple! Add to this the fact that we wanted someone who would genuinely care about us and be the right person to lead us into this new chapter of our lives and as you can image it was no easy task.

To quote Ben Franklin, "Energy and persistence conquer all things", and we ultimately found Rabbi Michael Mayersohn. Quite simply we couldn't be happier with his efforts. We could go on and on but his eloquence during the ceremony and the fact that he captured the essence of what brought us together is still a topic of conversation amongst family and friends.

My advice to any couple, be patient, don't settle for just anyone and make sure you and the rabbi are on the same page on every detail, from what you want him to focus on, to whether you want a ketubah, to what color tie he should wear. We did and it made our day that much more special.

Good luck and we wish you all the best. - Clara & Rafael

Sent on 05/01/2013

Shayna · Married on 07/15/2017

We absolutely LOVED Rabbi Michael! He is increibly responsive, friendly, warm and accommodating. I was worried we wouldn't connect with our rabbi and he wouldn't be on the same page as my (now) husband and I as far as ceremony - we are both Jewish but wanted the emphasis more on love than religion. He met with us a few times and got to know our history and his ceremony was PERFECT. Even my non-Jewish grandmother raved about him! He is the perfect combination of funny and traditional and will work with you to make your ceremony a reflection of YOU and exactly how you want it to be. Cannot say enough good things about Rabbi Michael!

Sent on 07/22/2017

My husband comes from an orthodox Jewish Israeli family, and I was raised Christian and attended Christian schools. When we met, our different religious backgrounds were never a problem because we share the same values. However, for my husband's parents, my religion and background were a huge source of conflict and tension. When seeking an officiant, I was reluctant to have a religious officiant, especially a Jewish one. However, Rabbi Michael was never judgmental toward me, and he respected my religious background. He allowed us to modify the traditional Jewish ceremony, and he offered support as we tried to deal with my in-laws. I recommend him especially for brides who are non-Jewish because he is respectful and does not try to pressure you to convert.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2011

Rabbi Mayersohn was a wonderful officiant for our interfaith wedding. Although I'm not currently a member of a temple, I was able to bring my Jewish faith into our wedding ceremony. And he was able to work along with my husband's pastor to represent both of our faiths. Rabbi Mayersohn was great to work with. He's got a good sense of humor, is very personable and is very good at what he does. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an interfaith officiant.

Sent on 08/10/2012

Rabbi Mayersohn was a fantastic officiant! He put us at ease, kept our ceremony light - which fit our personality, and even entertained our guests (several of them told us afterwards how much they enjoyed him)! Our only issue was that he forgot to sign our marriage license, so that delayed things a bit at the back end. Otherwise, two thumbs up!