California Wedding Officiant Reviews

California Wedding Officiant 3
California Wedding Officiant 4
California Wedding Officiant 5

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2016

We contacted Andrew on very short notice and he was still able to accommodate our needs. The personalization of the “vows” was great, he kept our guests laughing and into the ceremony (which we know can sometimes drag on). He was extremely professional, kind and very affordable! We are grateful he wedded us and would definitely recommend him to anyone! Thank you again Andrew!!

California Wedding Officiant 6
    California Wedding Officiant 11
    California Wedding Officiant 12
    Sent on 12/01/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks so much Jessica, those are very kind words. Thanks so much for uploading the photos, that was very sweet of you. Brownstone Gardens is literally my favorite venue. I was so happy to hear recently of the new addition to the family. Congratulations! Please say hello to Craig for me.
  • Elvia

Elvia · Married on 09/17/2016

My True Love

We met with Andrew a few weeks before the wedding and really enjoyed his personality that fit ours, he told us what he offered. The ceremony he gave us was short and wonderful with laughs in-between. Thanks for making our day special.

California Wedding Officiant 13
    California Wedding Officiant 14
    Sent on 02/12/2019

Jonathan · Married on 09/09/2016

Andrew was truly the best. He was patient, flexible, kind, thoughtful and able to effectuate our intent. We chose a secular service with some elements of Reform Judaism and Andrew was able to perfect the right balance. He did not try to dissuade us from what we wanted like other officiants may try to do and he connected with us on a personal level - even taking the time to skype with us in advance to meet us - that made the day so special. He is a consummate professional and comes with our highest recommendation

Sent on 09/12/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks so much Jonathan. I learned a lot about Jewish traditions from you, which has come in handy with other couples. I loved working with you and Kate. the Marin Art & Garden Center was spectacular, and live jazz band was delightful. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos, some in black and white. they really came out great. I hope that the two of you have a long happy life together.

Kyle · Married on 08/28/2016

Andrew was an excellent choice for us, performing a wonderful service exactly what we had in mind. Andrew was very personable meeting with us in person (before we settled on our officiant) to get good understanding of our thoughts and helping us feel comfortable with what kind of ceremony he can perform. Andrew was very patient providing us guidance customizing sample scripts from which to work from helping us create a truly special ceremony all our own. Andrew was very accommodating easily adjusting to our changing plans, such as our decisions not to use a podium to make the alter more photogenic requiring him to work more from memory and notes, and not to use a sound system as the venue acoustics were better without requiring him to project more clearly. We would highly recommend considering Andrew for your officiant.

Sent on 09/29/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for the nice words. I really enjoyed your wedding. The historic chapel at Fort Mason was very special. Thanks for sending over the beautiful photo gallery. I wish the two of you much happiness.

Alice · Married on 08/25/2016

We feel so blessed to have Andy as our Wedding Officiant. We had a little misunderstanding with the county clerk's office, anyway we had to change the venue, we were almost panic, but thank to Andy who looked it up quick and came up with this nice and natural place....we enjoyed him so much, he was so patient, nice and calm to lead us through this nervous but exciting event. Thank you Andy, once again!! We were so lucky to have you!!

Sent on 08/25/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Alice. It was really fun working with both you and Ben. Sometimes those little obstacles divert us to something that turns even better that what we had planned. I think that it was meant to be, the universe wanted your wedding to be at the John Muir Historic site. I really enjoyed meeting some of your family members. I trust that you guys are doing well. Double Happiness! 喜喜

Shelley · Married on 07/30/2016

We booked Andrew for our wedding that was 7/30. We meet with Andrew very early in the planning process and stayed in contact for months prior. We had wedding venue and wedding date changes and Andrew just rolled with the punches.

Sent on 08/22/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks Shelly, two reviews are better than one. I frankly don't remember the venue and date changes but I am so happy that it worked out. You did well to begin booking your vendors so far ahead so you could get just what you wanted. I loved working with you and Ronny.

Shelley · Married on 07/30/2016

Andrew was great, we booked early and he remined in contact through out the planning process. Showed up early for rehearsal and ceremony. Very professional.

Sent on 08/29/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Shelly. I enjoyed your wedding very much. the Vacaville Opera House was special place indeed. Wishing you and Ronny all the best!

Great officiant

Andrew was the officiant at our wedding a little over 2 years ago. He was great at responding to our requests and always showed up to our meetings early. Very flexable. We composed our vows off bits and pieces we found online and Andrew helped make it our own. Very satisfied! Thank you Andrew!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Darwin · Married on 07/10/2016

Andrew was amazing! Monica and I were so happy we found Andrew. After doing a search on Wedding Wire for an officiant, we came across Andrew which felt like a good match. Andrew was quick to respond to my inquiry and exceptionally friendly. I think the first time Andrew and I spoke over the phone, we spoke for more than 20 minutes just getting to know each other and feeling each other out. We live in Martinez and Andrew is out of Brentwood and Andrew offered to come out to us but we countered to meet him in Brentwood. We met in person at a neutral location and there Monica and I got to talk with Andrew more.

Andrew was just as polite and friendly in person as he was over the phone. Andrew explained to us how everything works and showed us a sample of the script he was going to use for the ceremony. Andrew was so flexible in making changes we requested for certain cultural traditions for our ceremony. Andrew even offered us to choose his attire for the wedding.

On the wedding day, Andrew arrived early and ready to go. He had a calming demeanor about him which helped me and my wife stay calm throughout the ceremony. After the ceremony, Andrew helped us complete all the proper paperwork which he filed for us the next day because he just so happened to be by the county clerk's office.

I can't say anything more about Andrew. He was easy to communicate with via email and just an overall great officiant and amazing person.

Sent on 07/25/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks Darwin for taking the time to share your views. I appreciate it. It was truly wonderful to work with both you and Monica. I will always remember that day at the beautiful Hacienda de Las Flores. The photos were amazing as well. I hope that the two of you are happy and healthy.

Marion (Marne) · Married on 07/03/2016

Andrew was very personable and really listened to what we wanted in a ceremony. He also gave us some alternative options that we didn't even know existed, such as a sand ceremony. He came up with the perfect ceremony for our wedding. He also gave helpful direction as to what steps are required and his website includes links to obtain the proper paperwork. We very much appreciated his help and enjoyed talking and working with Andrew.

Sent on 07/12/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks so much Marne, I appreciate the nice words. Please give my warm regards to Jeff. I hope that the two of you are living your bliss.

jaime · Married on 06/18/2016

I have known Andrew professionally and personally for some years. Shortly after getting engaged I noticed a facebook post he made stating he was now performing wedding ceremonies. Naturally knowing him and the soulful person that he is I contacted him to see if he was available for my wedding. And he was ... I was so happy.

He made the process easy, and pleasurable. He asked important questions to figure out the best. Ceremony for us. He was open to adding or changing anything I wanted.

We were so happy to have had the pleasure of Andrew preforming our wedding ceremony.

Damian and J'aime Perez
    Benicia, CA
    6-18-16

Sent on 06/26/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks for the generous review J'aime. It was so wonderful to reconnect with you and you mother for the wedding. It was indeed a joyous day. I trust that you and Damian are enjoying married life.

Cynthia Burris · Married on 06/11/2016

Great experience

We were planning our ceremony from out of town and Andrew made it so easy for us. He was quick to respond to our correspondence. We also liked that we had the option to choose from a traditional type ceremony/vows or make it our own. Thank you Andrew!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Monica · Married on 06/03/2016

Andy was great! Helped us through the whole wedding process. From registering to filing! Couldn't ask for a better officiant! A++

Sent on 08/22/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks for the good grade Monica. I enjoyed that delightful June wedding at the Marriott. Please say hello to Michael for me. I hope that you guys are enjoying your life together.

Michael · Married on 05/28/2016

Get a chance to meet Andy in person. He is extremely sincere and genuine and it was a blessing to have him as our officiant.

Sent on 09/06/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Michael, it was blessing to be your officiant. Please give my warm regards to Casey.

Andrew was very attentive to and understanding of our needs. He was both very helpful and flexible. We would highly recommend Andrew for his professional and particularly pleasant demeanor. We felt like Andrew cared about us and made our day very special.

Sent on 05/17/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks you so much, its very nice of you to say. I like to think that I care about all of my couples. I want their "Big Day" to be special.

Andrew was great! He speaks very well and was detail oriented! Thank you so much Andrew!

Sent on 05/18/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks so much for the nice words

Sam · Married on 04/24/2016

Our wedding ceremony came off without a hitch and was very successful thanks in part to Andrew Allen for not only being a professional at his craft. He prepared a wonderful ceremony that was tailored to our wedding. Many of our guess have since inquired about the ceremony and how we put it together, well we just simply told them that Andrew put the whole ceremony together based on information he got from us. We are so grateful to have had Andrew officiating our wedding ceremony. Thanks Andrew for your part in our wedding day. Sam & Joli April 24 2016 Our for ever day.

Sent on 05/10/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Sam, it was wonderful to work with you and Joli to get make the day just what you wanted. Blessings to you both!

Cortnie · Married on 02/29/2016

Andrew was amazing! We had alot of things that we struggled with at our wedding and he was one of the best parts. He even kept in contact after to make sure we knew that all the papers have been submitted successful (big relief because I had so much other things on my mind..... honeymoon).

Sent on 04/27/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks for the enthusiastic review Cortnie. It was a delightful ceremony near the water. I hope that you and James are happy and healthy and enjoying life.

Genny · Married on 02/14/2016

I recommend Andrew Allen. He is very involved and passionate in his job. He will help you to do a great success on your wedding

Sent on 04/28/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks for the review Genny. Who could forget that memorable ceremony overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Mendocino on Valentines Day? I hope that you and Chris are enjoying family life together.

Stacey · Married on 11/26/2015

We booked Andrew for our last minute Thanksgiving wedding. We are glad we did. He was early, prepared and flexible. I'm also glad he had the forethought to ask what he should wear to our last minute event. Even though our ceremony was planned in a hurry, you wouldn't know it. Our pictures were beautiful and Andrew fit right in. It was all meant to be. Thanks for being reliable and effective in speaking our Thankgiving message of gratitude.

Best of luck!

Sent on 12/21/2015

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful comments, I am so happy that I could be part of your wedding. I recall that I had a nasty cold that day, but we made the best of it. The Palace of Fine Arts made a lovely backdrop for your precious wedding photos. I trust that you and Conrad are enjoying a beautiful life together.

Julia · Married on 10/17/2015

It was a pleasure to have Andrew as our wedding officiant! He spoke well and made any adjustments to the "script" per our request. Andrew is a very friendly, spiritual, and caring person and his personal touches to our wedding made the ceremony much more memorable. What I think I liked most, was that he was able to add personality to the ceremony, but in a way that kept the spotlight on us as a couple. I would refer him to all of my family and friends! Thank you for officiating our wedding!

Sent on 12/19/2015

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks you for the nice words Julia, it was truly an honor to be asked to officiate for you and Mason. Congratulations, I am excited to hear that you guys will be welcoming a new addition soon.

Veronica · Married on 07/22/2016

Andrew did a great job and was responsive to our many emails and changes as well as offering advice as we ironed out our many details. The readings and transitions withing our ceremony appeared seamless and he was very flexible even though our event ran over an hour behind. We only reason we gave 4.5 on quality is due to a couple of hiccups and confusion with differences in the sequence of the ceremony start, but we take partial blame for that as we didnt insist he attend our rehearsal or get to touch base with him again prior to it which could have prevented that and led to everyone being on the same page. We would definitely recommend him to others as professional and timely, as well as someone who would make your event memorable.

Thank you!!

Veronica & Ryan

Sent on 08/03/2016

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks for the nice words Veronica. Your "Big Day" turned out very nice despite the heat. The butterfly release was a unique delight. I learned something that day, not to assume that the venue would follow the script. I always check in with the coordinator regarding those details now.
  • KeepCalm & MarryOn

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2017

Does not need a mic for outdoor weddings at smaller venues

Sent on 11/30/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks for writing a review Michelle. I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with my natural voice. In general I still believe that its best to have a microphone but due to the topography and layout the acoustics were pretty good there. I wish you and Jan much happiness together.

Jayme · Married on 09/16/2017

Our wedding was beautiful partially in part to California Wedding Officiant! Thank you for your service

Sent on 11/30/2017

California Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thanks Jayme, it was a pleasure to serve as your officiant. It was a fun day in that rustic ranch setting. I wish many years of happiness to you and Christopher.

Megan Desborough · Married on 06/22/2019

Professional and just enough

We were looking for an officiant that would allow us a little bit of freedom with our "script" but was able to provide a general baseline that would accommodate a variety of beliefs and guests. Andrew was great! He was responsive, professional, and very informative. I actually forgot the one thing you NEED - the marriage license. He went above and beyond to make sure we FedExed the document timely and kept me informed the entire time. We are grateful he was a part of our special day.

Sent on 07/30/2019