41 Reviews for A.Caldwell Events

Reception (7)
Full Planning (6)
Destination (6)
Partial Planning (1)

Ali and her team were absolutely phenomenal!! From our very first conversation with Ali, I could tell she was humble, hard working and would be an awesome person to work with to make our special day perfect! Choosing A.Caldwell Events was one of the best decisions I made when planning our wedding. From their creative, unique ideas to their attention to detail to incorporating all of my ideas to making it special to us, these girls knocked it out of the ballpark! The design was exactly as I had dreamed, and A.Caldwell truly made it my fairytale wedding. To put everything into perspective on how great these girls were, I unfortunately had to have unexpected surgery a week before our wedding, although I was slightly stressed out, I knew everything would run smoothly and go perfectly because of A.Caldwell!! The flow of the entire was night was seamless and they did not miss a beat! Our friends and family are still talking about our wedding and how perfect it was! Not to be biased, but I totally agree with them. All thanks to A.Caldwell Events for making it absolutely perfect! These girls went above and beyond, and I cannot be into words how thankful I am to them!!

Profile Picture Ellis, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Full Planning

Ali and her team are absolutely amazing! We had a destination wedding and not only did A. Caldwell Events find us the most incredible vendors, but Ali communicated absolutely all of our wants, needs and concerns to them all to ensure we had the most perfect wedding! Ali's attention to detail was unbelievable and she made sure we had all of our bases covered so nothing was forgotten or overlooked. Her design of the venue we got married in was incredible and soooo beautiful! It was incredible as a bride to have no stress throughout the planning process AT ALL! Ali truly made our dream wedding come to life - a true professional in every way!

Profile Picture Kelly , 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Choosing A.Caldwell Events to plan our wedding was the best decision we made. Ali brought our whole vision to life and made the whole process stress free and surprisingly so much fun. She made herself available at all times via email, phone, text, you name it. On the day of our wedding, she and her team handled the set up and event as if it was a walk in the park...completely non stressed and with a smile on their faces. Ali personally brought us drinks and food throughout the evening to make sure we were being taken care of at all times. Not only did we love working with Ali but we gained a friend too. I truly can't thank them enough. Of all the wedding items that we spent our money on, Ali's service was the most worth it.

Profile Picture Lilly, 4/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Choosing to work with A. Caldwell Events for our destination wedding was the BEST decision we made throughout the entire process. We spoke with at least 7 planners on the phone and made a trip to meet with our favorites. I knew I wanted a specific look for our wedding and wanted to work with someone who I felt could achieve this, but more importantly I wanted someone we felt connected to. Because planning a wedding, and especially one that isn't nearby, can be an overwhelming process, someone who was just "all business" and didn't want to connect on a personal level wasn't going to work for us. The process was insanely organized with timelines, reminder emails, check ins, to-do lists..it was quite apparent this was not A. Caldwell Events first rodeo, however we felt like we were the only client they were working with the entire time. Emails and calls came through in a very timely manner, they recommended the BEST vendors and I felt like I had a friend to chat with if I was being indecisive on something as silly as what sort of guest book to use. Not to mention, the wedding was amazing. On wedding day A. Caldwell Events was there bright and early to make sure the whole set up went smoothly (I didn't have to think about a thing except enjoying the day with my bridesmaids) and they didn't leave until after we left for our after party. My family jokes around and says that somehow not one thing went wrong with 120 New Yorkers who had enjoyed many cocktails. And if something had gone wrong, A. Caldwell Events did a GREAT job of fixing it before anyone else found out. I cannot recommend Ali and her team at A. Caldwell Events enough, they were truly amazing.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 10/21/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning

Ali and her team made all my dreams come true! They helped my vision come to life in the most flawless way. They are all kind, professional, hardworking, well-connected, and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS made me feel so special and important. They were incredibly prompt with responses and always got things done in the most timely fashion. They made this wedding planning experience an absolute delight, and I truly wish we could plan our wedding again just for the opportunity to work with them again. I am honored to have worked with them, and I would recommend them to everyone getting married EVER. They are amazing, and you would never regret working with A. Caldwell Events.

Profile Picture Megan, 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Beyond Perfect. Coming from an extremely type-A bride, Ali and her crew were always on it. They responded to all of my emails quickly, helped me stay on track during my year and half planning, and truly helped my vision come to life. Every detail was executed and Ali was running the show the day of the wedding even with a cute little pregnant belly. I am so thankful for Ali, Savannah and the whole A.Caldwell team!!

Profile Picture Teresa, 5/29/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception

Selecting A. Caldwell Events as my wedding planner was the best decision I made during the entire wedding planning process. I knew planning a destination wedding wasn't going to be easy and I would need to find someone I could trust. From my first phone call with Ali I knew I wanted to work with her and her team. Ali was always quick to answer my emails, had great recommendations for vendors, listened to what I imagined my wedding being and made it all come together day of.
Being in the event industry, I was very nervous I wouldn’t be able to let go and truly enjoy the day. I can honestly say knowing Ali and team were in control put me at ease and I didn’t even ask a questions. For the first time, I actually enjoyed an event.
Thank you A. Caldwell Events!

Profile Picture callie, 4/22/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning, Destination

As an out of town Mother of The Bride, Ali and her team made everything so easy for me. My daughter also doesn't live in Charleston so we had a lot of communication via email, text and phone calls. There was never a moment I didn't receive feedback from someone when I had a question. Usually within minutes, hours or the day, but always received a quick response.
I never felt like I was working with an agency, it always seemed like I was working with my friends. The girls always made
everything fun and gave great suggestions. Even when we thought it was going to rain the day of the wedding, beautiful clear tents were added and I never once worried about one thing. I just listened to Ali (she's the expert). My daughter always smiled and everything turned out beautiful, just the way you want it to for your daughter and future husband. I couldn't ask for a better team of hard working girls. If I had another daughter, I would 100 percent use A. Caldwell Events again! Thank you for letting the Mother of The Bride enjoy the wedding as much as the Bride and her guests!

Profile Picture Kelly, 3/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Photography, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Planning

The best decision we made when planning our wedding was hiring A.Caldwell Events. I had started trying to plan the wedding on my own (from out of town) and at 4 months in felt like I didn't know what to do next. The first time I spoke with Ali about what we had in mind for our December wedding, I knew it was a perfect fit. I knew I would be able to be as involved as I wanted to be, but in some areas I could just trust them to make it amazing and they did. The whole process of planning the wedding went from stressful to fun as soon as we hired them. The day of the wedding was when I was most impressed. They were on top of everything - all we had to do was show up and have fun! This sounds super corny - but I felt like a princess all day. They were there every minute - holding my purse, grabbing my lipstick, holding my dress and veil as we were getting photos taken, getting my husband and I drinks from the bar all night. I honestly could cry right now just thinking about how amazing they made the day. And the wedding was absolutely GORGEOUS. They made our vision come to life in a way better than we could have imagined. A++++

Profile Picture Megan, 12/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Looking back on our wedding weekend, there is absolutely NO WAY it would have been the same without the ACE team. From the beginning, Ali and her team were very organized and professional. They allowed us to have as much say in the planning process as we wanted but were also available to take over tasks for us when life got busy. My favorite thing about Ali and her team was how responsive they were! I would send Ali an email and literally minutes later, I would receive her response. My husband used to joke that we might as well have been texting (haha and sometimes we did). When it was all said and done, I felt like David and I planned our wedding with a good friend rather than a hired vendor. Not only did Ali provide us with wonderful assistance in planning our wedding, but she also went out of her way to help us with planning our rehearsal dinner. Ali actually went and toured our 4 potential rehearsal dinner venues with me one afternoon EVEN THOUGH she hadn't been hired to plan our rehearsal dinner and this was by no means her responsibility. That's just how great she is. She genuinely cares about her clients and is committed to making her client's wedding weekend the best it can be. Initially we worried that hiring a wedding planner would increase our budget but working with Ali did just the opposite. Ali had connections with many of our vendors and was able to save us money throughout the entire planning process. In addition, she was familiar with the rules of our venue and was able to handle all the logistical concerns so we didn't have to! I could honestly go on and on about Ali, Savannah and the rest of her team but I am trying to keep this brief. Bottom line is... if you are on the fence about hiring a planner or just unsure of who might be the best fit, give Ali a call! You won't regret it! If David and I could do it all over again, we would pick ACE every time!

Profile Picture User4515164, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning, Destination

Ali helped us with our destination wedding in Italy. We worked with a wedding planner over there for things like the setup, rentals, and catering but Ali helped me:
1) pull together "inspiration boards" to give the Italian wedding planner which was incredibly helpful to communicate our vision as the wedding planner did not speak English......seriously
2) helped create the itinerary and scheduling for the enitre day
3) served as the "day of" coordinator working with the Italian wedding planner and Villa owner completely taking any burden that day off me

I can honestly say my day was unbelivably relaxing and stress free because of her. My confidence in her allowed me to truly enjoy the moment which is sadly something so few brides can say. We had the wedding of our dreams and she was absolutely one of the reasons why!

Her presence and assistance helped my entire day be stress free

Profile Picture User6035658, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Partial Planning, Ceremony, Reception

Ali Caldwell and team are the most punctual, polite, conscientious, and skilled group I can remember working with. Every email or phone call was returned immediately, with each detail explained thoroughly. The planning process was so easy because of the great efforts Ali took to make sure I understand every aspect of my event, as well as why her recommendations were what they were, and she even gave detailed descriptions of alternatives in case I wanted to deviate from her recommendations. On top of such amazing diligence, it's important to also highlight how skilled at their craft Ali and team are. They have excellent taste and a natural "eye" for what looks right, sounds right, feels right, flows right, etc. Awesome job!

Profile Picture Louis, 9/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Videography

I cannot imagine what my wedding day would have been like without Savannah and A. Caldwell Events! I had a summer (holiday) wedding in Charleston and I contracted with A. Caldwell for their Partial-Planning & Coordination; however, I do not feel their service was "partial" at all!

The wedding planning experience can be stressful at times but with the help and guidance of Savannah, I never felt stressed. She was so incredibly responsive through the whole process. She also kept me on track and was always there to offer guidance whenever I needed it. Through the timeline, the rental coordination, the tasting and coordinating with the vendors, Savannah was always there and had everything put together and organized!

The team's service on the wedding day was beyond what I could have imagined! Savannah met with me the day before the wedding to review final details and gathered any items and decorations that I needed to have at the wedding. She took everything with her so that all my family and I needed to bring the day of the wedding was ourselves and clothes. The entire A. Caldwell Events staff was on-site the whole day of the wedding setting up while we were getting ready. They all gave up celebrating their 4th of July to be at my wedding :). Throughout the event I am sure there are items that did not go according to plan (there was a storm to blow in at some point in the evening!); however, I was never made aware of anything that needed attention and was able to enjoy the entire evening with no stress. The staff also gathered all of the items and decorations that belonged to me (we had a lot!) to give to us later so that we could leave the wedding as we came - just ourselves and out clothes.

I have said to many friends, the money spent on a wedding can really add up. Out of every part of our wedding and every contract we signed, there was not one that was more valuable and worthwhile than A. Caldwell Events. Believe me, it is a must!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Picking the right wedding planner is one of the most important decisions in the wedding planning process and I could not be happier with A. Caldwell Events. The process was truly seamless. Ali and A. Caldwell Events made planning so enjoyable that I actually missed their e-mails and updates when the wedding was over.

Ali provided a clean and detailed budget for us and stuck with it! She was honest about where to spend money and where it would be wasted - which is refreshing because as you plan a wedding people are all to willing to let you spend money where it is not necessary. Ali and her team are incredibly fast and responsive. E-mails were answered immediately and phone calls always returned. I never had to push to get a response or an answer to a question.

Ali and Savannah also stayed on top of our timeline. I was never concerned that we were falling behind on the planning. They did not overlook a single thing. I loved that Ali was the point of contact for all the vendors. I cannot express how much time this saved. Instead of calling and dealing with each individual vendor, Ali and the team took care of it for us and reported back. Ali and Savannah also prepared a design board for us that was just perfect. And then they made that beautiful design come to life at our venue. They gave their opinion, listened to my ideas and just made magic happen!

As if that was not enough, the day of the wedding is where Ali and her team made me so incredibly thankful for them. Our wedding day was flawless and we owe it to them! I was not burdened with any major concerns or details of the wedding that day because I knew it was in Ali's hands. If anything did happen to go wrong that day, I would never have known about it because Ali would have handled it so discreetly.

Ali is the perfect mix of professionalism and friendly. I trusted her implicitly and hope she never leaves Charleston so I can say hi when we come back to visit!

Profile Picture Katherine, 4/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Ali, Savannah and the full ACE team are incredible. I planned my wedding from New York and I am a control freak to say the least. Ali was incredibly responsive whenever I had a question or just needed a second opinion. She laid out a clear timeline for what needed to be done and always provided me with thoughtful recommendations that fit my tastes and budget (which she did a wonderful job staying under!) Ali was very inclusive in the planning process, working across both my parents, my husband and me to ensure the full group was up to speed and happy. I loved the flexibility Ali gave me to choose the details I cared about, but for the rest she would step up, take the lead, and take care of everything. The week leading up to our wedding, there were storms all over Charleston. Ali and the team took it in stride and were quick to adapt. Instead of forcing me to make a call early, she waited to see how the weather would turn out before executing our backup plan. Savannah was a rockstar - Given the bad weather, we took a detour prior to the ceremony – my mother, Savannah, a few bridesmaids and I toured the back property in our car to make sure I didn’t see my groom before the ceremony. I was a ball of nerves and Savannah was cool as cucumber. At one point she even sprinted the length of two football fields to get a prompt status update on the preparation – if that isn’t dedication I don’t know what is! Ali and her team did a wonderful job connecting us to incredible vendors who really matched our tastes and budgets. Every detail of the romantic evening was exactly what we pictured. There is no cookie cutter option here, everything is custom to ensure your day is perfect.
To any bride in the Charleston area, I hope you are lucky enough to work with Ali, Savannah and the full ACE team on your special day. I am forever grateful for the time and energy they put into our event to make it the best day of our lives! THANK YOU ladies!!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 4/18/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning

When looking for a wedding planner, we had several things that we thought were most important to look for in a planner. We needed someone that could be professional, responsive, and organized, while also being creative and imaginative enough to pull off the wedding we were looking for. Ali and her team delivered above and beyond in every way for our wedding. She was instrumental in coordinating each and every detail of our wedding, which was especially important to us since we live in NYC and could not meet with each vendor before the event. Ali and Savannah did a beautiful job in both the months leading up to the event and seamlessly orchestrating the day of the wedding itself. Five stars is not enough for the wonderful work that the Ali Caldwell Events team did for us! Highly Recommend

Profile Picture User4735517, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Ali, Savannah, and Ashley absolutely made my wedding exactly what I wanted. From the food, the cake, the decor, the music, they did it all. They made my wedding day worry-free and made sure everything was exactly as it should be. They made the planning process so much easier and simple so that I had the least possible amount of work to do. They took my ideas and taste and gave me the best possible ideas to make it as beautiful as it could be. They even provided extra special touches that I wasn't aware were going to occur. Everyone looking for a wedding planner should consider using their services! I 100% recommend using them!

Profile Picture User4475759, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough good things about Ali and crew! Before my husband and I even got engaged, I thought I had everything figured out- we would get married in Charleston on a plantation...It would be a beautiful sunny day, one we would never forget. Well, once the ring was (finally) on my finger, I was in for a big surprise. There are so many moving pieces to wedding planning, even a control freak like myself needed a wedding planner. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend hiring A. Caldwell Events! As organized and detail oriented as I thought I was, Ali was always one step ahead of me. Not only is Ali an expert in her field, but she was a pleasure to work with (In fact, I miss my daily emails with her!).
Our wedding day was beyond all expectations due to A. Caldwell Events' dedication, passion, and enthusiasm. Even the rain in the middle our outdoor ceremony was handled with ease! In short, A. Caldwell Events is everything you'd ever want in a wedding planner... the team is reliable, honest, intuitive, resourceful... and the list goes on an on. Thank you SO MUCH Ali & Savannah!!

Profile Picture User4545169, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Let me first start by saying, I have never written a review online. But after experiencing first-hand the whirlwind of planning a wedding, I couldn’t be happier to write a raving review for some amazing women that helped me with my special day.

The A.Caldwell Events Team (Ali and Savannah) were so amazing to work with! They had all the requirements - professional, knowledgeable, and hard working - but what I truly appreciated was how personable they are! It's so easy to get stressed out while planning a wedding, so it was great that our meetings could be both productive and fun! From start to finish, I felt so confident in having their guidance and support during the 9-month planning process. Don't underestimate how important it is having a good wedding planner!

Everyone knows wedding budgets can escalate quickly. They helped keep us on budget, while not sacrificing any aspect of the ceremony, reception, food, etc. It turned out beautifully and exactly as I envisioned. Ali is very well connected with other vendors throughout the city, and recommended some great vendors that I would have never found searching the Internet on my own. (I had an AMAZING photographer and hairstylist, both which Ali recommended).

The girls went above and beyond with the details. Seriously….they hand sewed me beautiful custom table runners to match the wedding décor! Who does that?

The wedding turned out to be such a special and spectacularly planned day. So blessed and thankful to have had the opportunity to work with Ali and Savannah. They are worth every single penny and I recommend A.Caldwell Events to all brides reading this post.

Profile Picture Heather, 8/23/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Ali and Savannah were absolutely amazing, helpful, and a God send. They truly made the thousands of decisions so easy to make and stress free! They were timely with responding to my daily and numerous emails that I send them. I seriously can't imagine planning our wedding without them. Ali is well organized, professional, friendly and so easy to work with. Our day was so much more than imagined and I truly thank her from the bottom of my heart. It was a dream come true and everyone had a blast! Bringing two families together especially when they're from two completely difference backgrounds such as ourselves is very hard but she did it as I knew she would. Pleasing a very, large Greek family is very hard and she truly exceeding all expectations!!!
I can't say enough good things about her and would HIGHLY recommend her.

Profile Picture Tammy, 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Ali Caldwell and her team of professionals far exceeded our expectations in planning our wedding in Charleston. After interviewing several local planners (as we are also local), Ali was by far the most attentive and most flexible in working around our busy work schedules. She is one of the most organized and responsive individuals I know and works extremely hard to bring her clients visions to life. We felt like we were working with a friend, and one with our best interests in mind.

On the day of our wedding, with an unexpected rain storm, Ali was still able to flawlessly re-arrange our ceremony without a hitch. She made sure everyone was accommodated and most importantly, made the Bride and Groom feel like a King and a Queen for the day. Our guests have described our wedding as "magical" and we owe much of that to Ali and her team (Savannah and Ashley) for pulling it all together on the day it mattered most. We have nothing but amazing things to say about her and would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture User4057011, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Ali and her team are amazing!! I would highly recommend her as she really put me at ease about the whole wedding process and always responded to my many, many e-mails quickly! She is also super nice and fun to be around so it was like planning with a friend! On the day of the wedding I had nothing to worry about and knew everything would run smoothly which is did! She truly is passionate about what she does and it shows. Hiring a wedding planner was the BEST thing we did!!

Profile Picture Katie, 3/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I can't say enough about Ali and her fabulous team! Our wedding day was perfect in every way thanks to these organized ladies!

We used the month of service as it was important for me to be hands on. Ali was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls. Her advice and resources made planning a destination wedding a breeze.

I loved that she gave opinions when asked, but let you go in the direction you felt was right for you. She kept me on track, and the day/week of the event I was able to relax with all my friends and family and enjoy our time! I feel like I've lost an email buddy. Thanks ladies; this wasn't a service I thought I needed but I couldn't have made it perfect without you!!

Profile Picture User3160041, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We could not feel luckier having had the chance to work with A. Caldwell Events to make our wedding day more perfect than we could have ever imagined. From beginning to end of the planning process, Ali and her team were the most responsive, creative, and fun planning group, and alleviated much of the stress typically associated with planning an out-of-town wedding.
As a very busy bride with high expectations for professionalism and execution, Ali far exceeded them all.
Our ceremony and reception took place at Lowndes Grove. The ceremony would have taken place on the front lawn, but it rained - Ali and team moved everything inside according to our contingency plan so quickly and flawlessly that you would never have known we were planning to have it outside in the first place - it may have actually turned out even more stunning!
Additionally, we were beyond pleased with every single vendor Ali recommended - from photography, to DJ, food, cake, flowers, and everything DIY, she never steered us wrong!
We had a perfect day and our guests had an amazing time - we will recommend A Caldwell to anyone looking for a planner who is sweet, creative, and knows how to exceed expectations for planning a flawless event.

Profile Picture Kristen, 12/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I interviewed several wedding coordinators and I felt comfortable and at ease with Ali off the bat. She is EXTREMELY responsive, and usually answered my emails within the hour (sometimes even within minutes!). She was instrumental in helping us plan our wedding, and made the whole planning process so much easier and even fun. I would recommend Ali and her team in a heartbeat. Thank you so much, Ali!!

Profile Picture Annie, 10/6/13, 2 Reviews