Calabash Florist and Company Reviews

Calabash Florist and Company 7
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful Flowers, Would Recommend

Donna and her team nailed it. Gorgeous arrangements, even after multiple requests for changes. She took my pictures from Pinterest and made them into my wedding reality. A little slow on responding to emails sometimes.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Stefani

Stefani · Married on 05/17/2019

Vision Executed

Donna executed my vision with only a few conversations and a couple pictures. I was not super involved so I was a little nervous on the wedding day before seeing out flowers but they turned out better than I could imagine! Donna did our bouquets but then she just allowed me to order bulk flowers to use for our centerpieces so it was very affordable!

Sent on 05/31/2019

Calabash Florist and Company's reply:

Thanks so much it was a pleasure working with you. Congratulations on your venture as husband and wife.

Laurel · Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely amazing!

I was planning my Ocean Isle Beach wedding from Maryland so taking time to meet with vendors face to face was a little difficult for us. Our venue recommended Donna at Calabash Florist and I am so happy they did! Donna was very responsive over email and helped me pick my perfect flowers. I sent her a bunch of pictures of different bouquets that I found on Pinterest, along with the color of my bridesmaids dresses and she was able to take a little bit of everything and turn it into something beautiful. When I was getting ready on Saturday for the wedding and the flowers showed up, every one was in awe over how beautiful the bouquets looked! We also had 2 teardrop bouquets hanging on our arbor on the beach and they matched everything perfectly! For someone who didn't know much about picking flowers (me) she helped me out so much! All of my guests were raving about them!!

Sent on 05/14/2019
    Calabash Florist and Company 8
    Calabash Florist and Company 9

Calabash Florist and Company's reply:

Thanks so much for the awesome review it was a pleasure working with you. Congratulations and Best of wishes to you all on the best future.

Elizabeth Fegert · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful set up

Donna is the best! She handled everything!!

Sent on 11/10/2018

Calabash Florist and Company's reply:

Thanks so much it was a pleasure working with you. Congratulations on your special day and hope you have a wonderful life together.
  • Lucie

Lucie Lawrence · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely incredible!

Here is why you should book Donna immediately: I live in St. Louis, never met Donna in person, sent her a few pictures of my dream flowers, and she made it happen. Seriously. We had a small, intimate wedding in Ocean Isle Beach, NC (but we live in the midwest) so you can imagine how difficult it was to figure out vendors. When you don't have the luxury of meeting someone face to face, you have to trust their reputation and character. Every single person I talked to in the area told me to go to Donna. When I told other vendors that she was my florist, most of them replied with, "Thank goodness, your wedding will be gorgeous". My family has a tradition of getting married with dahlias, more specifically, yellow dahlias. Hurricane Florence hit 2 weeks before my wedding in NC, most of Donna's wholesalers were unable to get flowers and being able to transport ANY flower was almost out of the question. But, when I told Donna that this was a family tradition, she made it happen. She contacted everyone she needed to in order to get me those yellow dahlias. Donna delivered the flowers while I was upstairs getting my hair and make up done, so I STILL have never met her face to face. But, as soon as she brought the flowers into the house I had 3 people come upstairs and tell me that I had the most beautiful flowers they had ever seen. One of my guests is best friends with a floral designer and was so blown away with their beauty that she sent dozens of pictures of what Donna had created. I could not have asked for a better experience, Donna is not only a creative visionary but a truly, genuine person. She will go the extra mile, she will make it happen. Thank you, Donna, for making our day so special. I hope to FINALLY meet you face to face one day!!!

Warm regards,
    Lucie & Quinn Lawrence

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Calabash Florist and Company 10
    Calabash Florist and Company 11

Calabash Florist and Company's reply:

Thanks so much you were a pleasure to work with thanks and I hope you all have a wonderful and happy life together.

Kelly · Married on 09/23/2018

Donna was absolutely wonderful to work with. My daughter got marries 9/23/18 which was just a week after hurricane Florence so all the vendors were concerned about being able to travel to the venue due to road closures. Donna went out of her way to ensure the flowers would be ready and created the most beautiful bouquet. I HIGHLY recommend this florist!!!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Calabash Florist and Company's reply:

Thanks so much you were a pleasure to work with.

Shawn · Married on 09/23/2018

Donna, was amazing!! She listened and gave ideas and knew exactly what we were talking about, even when we weren't sure. The weeding took place exactly one week after hurricane Florence and we weren't even sure there was going to be a wedding and poor Donna's shop flooded, but she still managed to pull through and created beautiful arrangements for the wedding! She was at the venue early and had everything setup and ready, well before the wedding was supposed to start. I highly recommend Donna, she is so kind and works with you to achieve the look you want for your special day!!!

Sent on 10/04/2018
    Calabash Florist and Company 12
    Calabash Florist and Company 13
    Calabash Florist and Company 14
    Calabash Florist and Company 15
    Calabash Florist and Company 16

Calabash Florist and Company's reply:

Thanks so much it was a pleasure working with you

Nilda · Married on 09/07/2018

Beautiful Arrangements!

Donna did an amazing job with the centerpieces for the tables at my wedding reception. I was having a beach theme wedding and was interested in a arrangement with lanterns and flowers. Donna put together the perfect arrangements made with white lanterns and flowers to match my royal blue wedding color. All my guests commented on the beautiful arrangements.

Sent on 02/20/2019
    Calabash Florist and Company 17

Calabash Florist and Company's reply:

Thanks so much. It was truly a pleasure working with you. Hopes for a long and happy life together CONGRATULATION.

kaycee · Married on 07/07/2018

Stephanie with the Winds Resort did all of the communicating. I sent her pictures and she forwarded to you. I am so happy with everything you did to make our day amazing!

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Calabash Florist and Company 26
    Calabash Florist and Company 27
  • Sandra

Sandra · Married on 09/30/2017

Calabash was fantastic to work with for our wedding flowers. Donna was very knowledgeable and helped me to select flowers that fit the design ideas I had in my head. She was very responsive to my emails and answered any questions I had in a timely manner. The flowers arrived promptly on the day of the ceremony and they looked fantastic. We received so many compliments on our floral arrangements that day. Thank you Donna and the rest of your team!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Kate · Married on 05/13/2017

Calabash Florist and Donna were the perfect fit for our wedding weekend at Ocean Isle Beach. Being from out of town, Donna was easy to get in touch with and was very responsive to all of our questions. She took all of our ideas and used them to come up with budget friendly options as she provided different choices to fit the look we wanted. She was very accommodating with making last minute changes and was flexible with using some of our own vases/decorative options along with items she had. The florals were absolutely stunning and were exactly what I had pictured. Donna is very talented and was the perfect addition to our wedding weekend at the beach!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Casie · Married on 09/17/2016

Donna was amazing to work with. She helped design my dream bouquet at an affordable budget. I was not very knowledgeable about flowers to describe my vision; however, she took a peak at my Pinterest board and brought my vision to life! My wedding flowers were simply stunning! I highly recommend Calabash Florist and Company for all your floral needs.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Jackie · Married on 09/03/2016

Donna was amazing. When i initially called her she spent hours on the phone with me, guiding me through different options. She was patient with my lack of knowledge about flowers. She was fast to respond with a detailed quote on her services, which also included decor rentals, and made it easy to change the order along the way. Donna offers a variety of beautiful rentals such as lanterns, shepherd's hooks, rounds vases, mercury glass votives, etc. The day of the wedding i was blown away! The arbor arrangement, bouquets, boutonuers, centerpieces and decor...... every flower was prettier than i had imagined they would be in my head. Donna and her team were amazing in pricing, professionalism, presentation, all while being helpful and understanding. If you hire her, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/11/2016

Tori · Married on 08/28/2016

My arrangements were stunning! Donna worked with me to give me what I dreamed of while staying in my budget! AMAZING!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Calabash Florist and Company's reply:

Thanks so much for your review it was a pleasure working with you.
    Donna

pam · Married on 06/04/2016

Donna is great to work with. She was very accommodating and creative. Reasonable prices. Great quality. Flowers were fresh and beautiful.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Mercedes · Married on 05/14/2016

Donna was great! I described exactly what I wanted, including the color and she got it right. Couldn't have asked for anything more. Thank you!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Elaine · Married on 04/23/2016

Calabash Florist and Company was hired for our daughter's wedding held in Ocean Isle Beach on April 23, 2016. Everything was exceptionally gorgeous!! The flowers and greenery were so fresh and professionally arranged to perfection!!
    I highly recommend this business for all of your floral needs!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Donna is so wonderful and helpful! Plus all of their flower arrangements are beautiful. You only hear positive words. Thanks!!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Jeanne · Married on 05/10/2014

The floral arrangements were absolutely gorgeous. The orchids she chose for the tables and bridesmaids bouquets as well as the bridal bouquet were exquisite. Donna was such a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 05/25/2014

The most gorgeous flowers a bride could want at a very affordable price. Donna was outstanding to work with for our wedding!!

Sent on 10/26/2014
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 04/19/2014

Our wedding flowers were gorgeous!!!! Donna is very talented! She took my limited input about what I envisioned for my wedding and created the perfect bouquet and wedding party flowers. Truly beautiful and very affordable!

Sent on 04/22/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/18/2013

My bouquet was gorgeous!!!!! She did exactly what I wanted and I got so many compliments on my arrangement. She arrived early with my bouquets and came with extra decorations for them just in case (starfish). Everything was lovely!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Myra · Married on 06/01/2013

Donna was great to work with! She did a great job in taking my verbal description of what I wanted and making it a reality! The day of the wedding she delivered beautiful fresh flowers that were exactly as I had pictured them! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/12/2013

linsey · Married on 09/22/2012

Donna and Christy are amazing! They were able to work within my budget and give me the flowers I visioned for my wedding day. I was only able to meet with them one time, showed them pictures of what I wanted and they made it happen! They were amazing...couldn't of thought of anyone else who could of done what they did within my budget.

Sent on 01/08/2013
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 08/04/2012

Flowers were fresh and beautiful!! Planning a wedding is hard when you are from out of town. I emailed the photo of what I wanted and my flowers were exactly what I asked for down to the last detail. Very affordable and professional.

Sent on 10/02/2012