CakeWorks Reviews

CakeWorks 5
CakeWorks 6
CakeWorks 7

Charles · Married on 10/28/2007

Abigail is very delightful to work with. Being a groom, I was a little apprehensive about the planning for the big event. One small mistake can be catastrophic. When we met with her, she spoke to both of us equally and I got to add some input which led me to have a great cake experience. She was able to recreate the same kind of elegant flavors that I'd experienced as a boy in Europe. Who knew such talent could be here in Hawaii? When we changed the cake to match the new bouquet arrangement, she moved seamlessly in that direction, changing the colours and some details of the design. When all was said and done, her cake made our wedding complete. Thank you Abigail!

Sent on 01/17/2008

Patti · Married on 04/22/2006

We loved our cake. I took in a photo of what I wanted my cake to look like because they didn't have any samples photos in their photo book, and it turned out perfectly. And, even better, the cake was SUPER scrumptious. We over-ordered on the size to make the cake look pretty so should have had at least 50 pieces leftover. But our guests loved the cake so much everything completely disappeared by the end of the night. My only regret is that I was so busy I didn't get to have a second slice. Two years later, I'm still dreaming about our cake. Yum!

Sent on 12/04/2007

Melanie · Married on 02/04/2006

I LOVED MY WEDDING CAKE! Unfortunately, we weren't able to taste the cake flavor prior to selecting it so we relied on recommendations from many chat groups. We selected strawberries and cream and it so extremely delicious! The cake looked EXACTLY like the photo we sent them and I have no complaints whatsoever (our cake was extremely simple to begin with, so I don't know what they could have messed up on, if anything). The ordering process was done over the phone and via emails and responses were very timely. We ordered a two tiered 6" and 10" cake that was not served to our guests since we had a dessert spread included in our lunch buffet.

Sent on 08/01/2008

We ordered the Passion Fruit with mandarin oranges and the coconut- both were great! the cake was so moist and flavorful. I made some changes to the design of the cake a few times and the designers were more than accommodating. They listened to exactly what I was envisioning, but also made suggestions on how to make the cake look even better. The look and taste of the cake were both unbelievable. I absolutely recommend them and will be stopping by on our next trip to Honolulu!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 07/03/2010

Cake Works was great, as I was planning my wedding from across the ocean. The responed quickly and got the idea of what I wanted right on. I had a very simple cake and they allowed me to bring in my own topper and they put the flowers on for me. They were efficent and easy to work with. The cost of the cake was also reasonable compared to many other companies.

Sent on 08/13/2010

Michelle · Married on 08/01/2009

We loved the simple cake we ordered from them, my husband still talks about the cake from that day.

Sent on 12/06/2010

D · Married on 03/03/2018

Amazing cakes. Beautiful taste. Memorable design. Assisted me in designing a beautiful cake that all enjoyed. I had the basic design but they assisted in putting finishing touches that made it a gorgeous cake in my style and theme. I will be looking forward to going to them for my other celebration cakes!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Rebeca · Married on 09/22/2017

Despite living in Minnesota and getting married in Hawaii, CakeWorks was awesome to work with and made the very simple cake that I wanted for my wedding day. Very responsive regardless of the time zones and they let us do a cake tasting 4 days before our wedding. Pick the lilikoi flavor! SO GOOD!

Sent on 09/27/2017

amazing.. delishious... beautiful... stunning creation...

now this is service... everything was done through email as I don't live in the same country.. but that didn't stop cake works from making my cake a beautiful one..

I even got a surprise of a cutting cake as I only ordered cupcakes, I don't recall ordering the small cutting cake but it was perfect and matched the cupcakes to perfection very happy...

Sent on 02/24/2013
  • F

Monica · Married on 05/27/2012

Awesome vendor. Our cake came our wonderful. I couldn't have asked for more. My husband was completely surprised as I threw in a Groom's cake shaped as an Xbox controller at the last minute.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Holly · Married on 01/26/2012

I hired Cakeworks for my wedding on January/2012. I am from Canada, so did not have the chance to go for a taste test or meet them prior to my wedding day. I just had to keep my fingers crossed that everything worked out! I was pleasantly surprised by our cake when I saw it at our wedding reception- it was beautiful, just what I was hoping for! The best part was when we actually got to eat it!!! BEST cake I have ever had!! We had chosen both red velvet and strawberries and cream for flavors. Both were amazing! I'd have to say the red velvet is definitely my favorite! I'm so sad that I live so far away and can't order more cakes from Cakeworks! They were very reasonably priced as well! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 03/07/2012

julie · Married on 11/27/2010

Had my daughters destination wedding in Hawaii at the JW Marriott over Thanksgiving.I had to arrange everything from afar.Abby was wonderful to make suggestions for flavors.I sent a e-mail picture of a cake, I wanted her to copy.I was very worried about the long distance arrangements,holiday weekend etc.
    The cake was amazing --just as pictured and it was the best tasting wedding cake I have ever had.Three different flavors and all were wonderful.
    I cannot say enough about the beauty and taste of the cake.

Sent on 01/19/2011
  • User5052833 · event on 02/16/2010

I lived in Honolulu for about 2 years and discovered this place just by walk in one day. I bought the strawberries n' cream cake and the first taste I was hooked for the rest of my time there. I bought different cakes from them just about weekly I was so addicted. Unbelievable texture and flavor. I have never had more fluffy creamy perfect cake. Nothing has ever topped it since.

Sent on 05/06/2015

A · Married on 10/02/2009

Lovely wedding cake! Everything I dreamed for. Made for a great setting in the reception area, and great photos by all who took photos of the cake. The taste was not the best, but wedding cakes are never the best tasting cakes. It's more about the look. This company has much better deals than other wedding cake bakeries in the area. It cost several hundred for the cake, as opposed to nearly a thousand. Would recommend this outfit to anyone.

Sent on 01/01/2010

Kuhi · Married on 08/01/2009

Beautiful and Delicious! We were so pleased and all of our guests loved the cake.

Sent on 08/29/2009

Evangeline · Married on 06/28/2009

I thought they were ok. They didn't seem that friendly. Cake was good.

Sent on 07/07/2009
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/25/2007

Originally, we were not even going to have a wedding cake. Until we tried the Kona Macadamia Nut cake at Mary Catherines...and our plan changed completely! They were able to create the exact cake that we wanted, and it was delivered on time (early, even), in perfect shape. Everyone loved it!

Sent on 07/28/2008

3.5

I went to see Cakeworks just 6 days before my wedding. They listened to exactly what I wanted, a naked cake, rather than a traditional cake with fondit, and they also helped me with a flavor profile that was not too sweet. I am untraditional in that I don't like sweets, strong frosting, or chocolate. Even though that was the case and we were working on short notice, we had a fantastic cake. Guests at the wedding even commented that the cake was delicious.

Sent on 10/18/2014
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 02/14/2011

3.5

Great cake, Loved it!

Sent on 02/26/2011
  • lynnie808

Lynn · Married on 09/13/2008

The cake we ordered from Mary Catherine's was a beautiful green concoction with three different flavored layers. The daisies were fresh and pristine, and the cake was a hit with the guests.

Just a quick note: all of the information about Mary Catherine's is correct, except they were bought out. The new owners, who renamed the bakery Cakeworks, did a stellar job.

Sent on 10/15/2008

Karen · Married on 09/15/2007

If I were doing this over and knew what I knew now, I'd ask how many tiers would be cake and how many would be faux. I'd probably ask any wedding cake vendor this.

Sent on 12/13/2007

Lora · Married on 06/21/2011

Since I planned our wedding from Los Angeles, and could not go in person for a tasting, I selected Cake Works based on my wedding planner's recommendation, and the photos I saw on their website. The cake looked beautiful, however, it was really sweet.

Sent on 07/10/2011

Rhiannon · Married on 05/22/2010

We also had a simple cake for our wedding and CakeWorks made it for a very reasonable price. (we had done some prior research from a few other companies) We could not have been happier with how it turned out. Abi even added a special sauce to serve with the cake which everyone raved about.

Sent on 06/06/2010

Edna · Married on 01/08/2010

3.0

Such a great bakery! The bakery followed my exact specifications for the cake design and offered an array of flavors/fillings. Our anniversary layer was thrown away by our hotel and CakeWorks worked with the hotel for an exact replacement asap. Delicious, Beautiful and Great Service.

Sent on 02/07/2010

Eric · Married on 11/26/2016

For us, Cake Works created a first for them - a Taj Mahal cake. Abbie responded to my calls and emails promptly. We back-and-forthed until we were both satisfied with the product and price. I would advise placing the order at least a month ahead of time so images can be shared until it is just right. I think there was just enough time to get the job done. Our friends were talking about the taste and image of the cake long after the party.

Sent on 12/08/2016