CakeWorks Reviews

CakeWorks 5
CakeWorks 6
CakeWorks 7
  • User2040012 · 2+ years ago

My sister and I met with the owner of CakeWorks in Hawaii. She was very nice and professional. We tasted some wonderful cakes, and came up with 3 different cupcake flavors with a 6" tier. They delivered the cake to our venue on time, and it looked just like we had discussed. My husband and I were very happy with our cupcakes and cake, and they all tasted so good. Everyone enjoyed the little cupcakes, especially the kids :)

Sent on 09/05/2012

Kristen · Married on 06/30/2012

It was about a month and a half before the wedding and I still needed a cake. In a panic, I started emailing several companies to see who could make a cake for me for that day. Cakeworks was one of the two places to respond back. I went down to their shop and tried a bunch of the cakes they could make and ALL were DELICIOUS! It was not even an issue that my wedding was less than 2 months away. They let me customize whatever I wanted and delivered exactly on time. The cake was as beautiful as I pictured it would be and tasted great! Whenever I'm in the area, I still like to stop at their shop and buy a couple of cupcakes. :)

Sent on 07/07/2012

Hannah · Married on 06/23/2012

We brought in a picture of a cake that we had found in a magazine and they were able to recreate it perfectly. The flavors were delicious. Go with the lilikoi!

Sent on 07/03/2012

Amy · Married on 01/08/2012

Our wedding planner used Cake Works for our wedding cake and cupcakes, the cake was vanilla bean with chocolate filling, YUM! so light and fluffy, it was gone in no time! The Cupcakes were chocolate with buttercream icing... to die for! Thank you so much!

Sent on 01/27/2012

Hiwa · Married on 10/22/2011

Cakeworks did an amazing job! We wanted a fun cake that resembled our love for World of Warcraft, a video game my husband and I play. Cakeworks designed a cake that went above and beyond what we imagined, and it was so delicious! Thank you, Cakeworks!

Sent on 03/08/2014
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 09/24/2011

Cake was delicious. They were very helpful with helping us choose our cake flavors and desgins for our wedding cake. Very budget friendly!

Sent on 10/01/2011

Lesley · Married on 08/16/2011

Their cake tasted amazing!! The price matched our budget to a "T"

Sent on 04/30/2012
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 06/24/2011

I absolutely loved my wedding cake from CakeWorks! My husband and I had a small, intimate destination wedding and ordered a 6" red velvet cake for our family which was to be delivered at a reception dinner. CakeWorks was one of only a few bakeries I found that would even consider making and delivering a cake that small. They delivered it to a local restaurant on time, and had it refrigerated until we were ready for it which was very helpful. The cake looked and tasted exactly like I hoped it would!! It was decorated beautifully and tasted amazing! The CakeWorks staff was very helpful via e-mail and always responded quickly. Given the opportunity, I would definitely use CakeWorks again!

Sent on 07/06/2011

melanie · Married on 06/18/2011

Cakeworks was a life-saver. When our original vendor told us a week and a half prior to our wedding that they could no longer do our cake, we were in a panic. Trying to find someone with the design aesthetic, flavor of cake, and, more importantly, time to do it was daunting to say the least. Cakeworks accommodated us with a tasting without a scheduled appointment and produced an amazing end product that all our guests loved. The two types of Lilikoi flavors(Blueberry and Lemon) were amazing; light, refreshing, and so appropriate for our Hawaii wedding. We highly recommend them. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 07/13/2011

marianne · Married on 06/01/2011

My *new* hubbs and I ordered a simple, 2 tier guava and french vanilla cake... YUM! The service was fast and friendly, the design simple and elegant. We were able to provide our own accent ribbon, and provided extra flowers from the florist to add some color to the simple white fondant frosting. The cake was delicious and was a big hit for the guests. The pinkish color of the guava layer even matched our coral color :) Overall, two thumbs up and five stars!

Sent on 06/21/2011
  • Minnette Joy

Minnette Joy · Married on 05/28/2011

We love our cake and everyone exclaim how beautiful it looks. I really wanted a beautiful and fancy 5 tier cake. However we know that we only wanted to save the top tier and use the bottom tier for our cake cutting ceremony but I didn't want to spend so much money on a 5 tier cake if we are not planning on serving it. The staff at cake works was able to make it happen and i got want I wanted. Our wedding cake was beautiful and no one at our reception realize that the 3 tier in the middle was faux cake. And not to mention our real cake was delicious! Overall: awesome work!
    Tip to brides: If you are planning on not serving your cake but only wanted it for decoration and cake cutting, make sure to let your cake vendors know what you want.

Sent on 06/15/2011
  • Alishia

Alishia · Married on 02/19/2011

We ordered our wedding cake with CakeWorks and were beyond pleased. Not only was the cake very pretty, but it was also extremely delicious. I wish we could have taken the left overs back home to california with us!

Sent on 03/16/2011
  • prlady

Margo · Married on 10/12/2010

I was really particular about the cake we had and what I wanted it to taste like. I didnt want your typical "bland white wedding cake". Abi and her crew at Cake Works went completely over and above my expectations! I sent them a picture of a cake I wanted and honestly? as detailed as it was...I figured it would be out of my price range. Not only were they they most reasonable of all the bakeries I contacted..but when I saw my cake at the wedding...I almost cried. It was truly...perfect. It looked EXACTLY like the picture and the taste?! OHMYGAWD!! It was by far the best tasting cake I had ever had. My guests all have raved and raved about how delish our cake was. One of them headed to their bakery the next day to purchase cupcakes. They also did the CUTEST grooms cake for my new hubby. He LOVES carrot cake and they did an adorable beach themed cake for him. He took one bite and said "this tastes just like the one my grandmother made." He was beyond thrilled. Their service was awesome and Debbie answered each and every email quickly and with all the information I might need. We will be back for an anniversary cake ladies :)

Sent on 10/16/2011

Mary · Married on 09/26/2010

I emailed her a picture of the cake I wanted and she was extremely flexible to work with (a great relief since I live and South Korea). My husband and I were able to come in less than a week before the wedding to do a cake tasting to pick out the flavors. The cake turned out BEAUTIFUL and tasted soooo good! I got 2 different flavors white butter cake with passion fruit filling and strawberry guava. YUM! I highly recommend Cake Works!

Sent on 11/06/2010

Meghan · Married on 08/08/2010

Our wedding cake was SO pretty! I almost didn't want to cut into it... But I'm VERY glad I did! It was the best cake I had ever had :)

Sent on 08/28/2010

Nancy · Married on 08/07/2010

AWESOME!!! There is nothing they cannot accomplish! I went into their store with a recording of a wedding cake I've SO dreamed of even before my husband and I decided to get married. Unfortunately, the recording was on a good ol' VHS. Abby at CakeWorks managed to find a VHS player and sacrificed her vacation day to watch and analize my 6 tier wedding cake and made my dreams come true. Not only that, but I went back to the store a month before our big day, with a sketch of a grooms cake I wanted to order. The result . . .it definitely exceeded my expectations, and my husband and his friends were extremely excited as well.
    I tuely believe that CakeWorks is a "cutting edge" cake shop which specializes in cake sculpting and decorating to dazzling new hights. OH, don't forget . . . thier cakes are very yummy, and everybody at the store is very friendly as well.
    Love Nancy & Lance

Sent on 12/09/2010

Carole-Anne · Married on 07/18/2010

Cakeworks did a great job with our cake! I explained to them the simple cake I wanted, dropped off toppers and some roses for decorations and the cake came out just as I had imagined.
    Plus, not to mention their cakes TASTE good too! We had red velvet with buttercream frosting. Yum. We only had 2 real layers and the bottom was fake, but you couldn't tell. Guests were actually disappointed that they couldn't eat more cake.

Sent on 08/10/2010

Morgan · Married on 05/21/2010

My wedding planner coordinated the cake for us, but it was absolutely beautiful, and most definitely the best tasting wedding cake I have ever experienced! The cake arrived a little early, so they held off delivering it to the site for a bit, but the cake delivery person was very accomodating. Once the cake was set up, it was absolutely beautiful! Better than I expected. The best part though was the fact that it tasted so good! Even the fondant (which is usually pretty much inedible) was delicious!

Sent on 06/08/2010

Eunice · Married on 02/16/2010

Cakeworks gave us a beautiful wedding cake, exact to our expectations! We had tiers of 3 different flavored cupcakes each with a different design to reflect our wedding theme. Cakeworks designed the top tier cakes with all the elements and made it a very unique and special piece of our wedding memory. Our guests loved it too. Thank you Abi!

Sent on 03/13/2010

Jessica · Married on 08/14/2009

Delicious and they did exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 06/01/2010

Wendee · Married on 04/18/2009

This is the former Mary Catherine's bakery. Our cake had guava, lilikoi and haupia layers, and every flavor was delicious. My family ate all of the extra cake in the week after the wedding. We emailed some sample pictures to give an idea of what we wanted, and the result was exactly what we had asked for. The cake prices were reasonable as well. We definitely are happy that we went with them.

Sent on 05/07/2009

Michele · Married on 04/16/2009

Cakeworks did a wonderful job on my wedding cake. I only wanted a simple cake with a ribbon I provided around each layer, and it was very nicely done. The most important thing to me was that the cake actually tasted good! And it was very yummy! We had 3 layers, dobash, haupia, and carrot. I waffled back and forth about the size of the cake to get, and they were very nice about my indecisiveness. They are by far, the most reasonably priced as well.

Sent on 05/26/2009

Laney · Married on 03/21/2009

Our cake turned out exactly how we wanted it to look and it tasted amazing and we didnt even have a tasting! Great work!

Sent on 09/04/2009

Joy · Married on 02/19/2009

Although I live on the East Coast, and my wedding was in Hawaii, Cakeworks was very convenient to work with. They were very responsive to my phone and e-mail requests and answered all of my questions in a timely manner. I sent Cakeworks a picture of what I wanted my cake to look like, and it turned out just right. The red velvet and mocha macadamia flavors were absolutely delicious.

Sent on 03/09/2009

Bethany · Married on 08/15/2008

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We really wanted a castle cake for our fairy-tale wedding. She worked really closely with me so she could make what we wanted-- She was awesome. I also am, allergic to wheat and she made me a layer of "chocolate decadence" which was wheat-free. Before I found her, I wasn't able to find anyone who would make us a castle cake for a reasonable price and who would give me a gluten-free (wheat-free) cake. I love her. She's really nice and I really want everyone to know how great she is. I highly highly recommend her. She made my cake for my wedding 08/15/2008.

Sent on 08/16/2008