Cakes In Bloom, LLC Reviews

10 | Ellettsville, IN

10 Reviews for Cakes In Bloom, LLC

Lindsey · Married on 10/08/2016

Working with Cakes in Bloom was an absolute pleasure during our wedding planning experience. Rachel did an amazing job of sitting down with us and listening to our ideas in order to design our perfect wedding cake. We received many compliments on the look and taste of the cake at our wedding. Looking forward to working with her again for anniversary/special event cakes!

Cortney · Married on 05/21/2016

Rachel went above and beyond to create the wedding cake of our dreams. From the cake tasting (highly recommend to decide what flavors you love) to the day of delivery, she made our experience extra special! Rachel sat down and helped us design our cake and looked through pictures to make sure it was perfect. The cake turned out even more perfect than we ever expected! She made my husband who doesn't like cake love our WEDDING CAKE! She was very easy to work with and we will be going back to Rachel for future cakes!! Thank you Rachel for all your hard work!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Cakes In Bloom, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review! I really appreciate you taking the time to write one! And I am so thrilled that you were happy with your beautiful wedding cake!

I am so, so happy we had Rachel from Cakes in Bloom make our wedding cake. She is such a talented baker and cake decorator! We ended up going with white cake with lemon buttercream filling and chocolate cake with cookies and cream buttercream filling and it was phenomenal. I took in a picture from Pinterest of a cake I loved and she was able to make my cake look just like it. The cake was so beautiful that I didn't really want to cut into it (although it tasted amazing once I finally did). I got compliments on how pretty and delicious the cake was all night long.

Rachel is also one of the most professional wedding vendors I worked with. I was able to set up an appointment for a cake tasting/consultation the first time I called her and she answers emails promptly. She also had a very thorough contract, including a sketch of the cake. She emailed me a month before and then a week before the wedding just to confirm everything. I wish every wedding vendor had been this easy to work with! Go with Cakes in Bloom for your wedding cake---you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Cakes In Bloom, LLC's reply:

Wow! Thanks so much for the wonderful review! I sincerely appreciate it! Being a small business, each review is extremely important! I am so thrilled that your beautiful wedding cake was a hit! Congratulations to both of you and I hope to hear from you in the future!!!

It was absolutely incredible! From the beginning she was professional but made it a comfortable experience! The cake was absolutely delicious as well!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Cakes In Bloom, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review! This is what I strive for with each and every cake I create! I really do appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience with Cakes In Bloom!

Rachel · Married on 10/25/2014

I love cake. I mean, I really love cake. I am also a little bit of a cake snob. As such, I had the bar set pretty high when searching for our wedding cake. My (now) husband and I were pretty set on two flavors for our October wedding -- Red Velvet & Carrot and were looking for a third that would both fit with our fall theme and compliment a cream cheese base. We tried many bakeries throughout Indy (where we live), Bloomington and Brown County (where our wedding was held), one of which had been featured in local wedding magazines and is very well known through B.C. and none of them held a candle to Cakes in Bloom.

Rachel is sweet, incredibly talented and professional. She answered every question we had with ease and answered every e-mail quickly. Our guests are STILL raving about our cake three weeks later. I had multiple people stop and talk to me at the reception about how moist the cakes were and that it was "the best wedding cake" they'd ever had. One of our guests, that lives in Long Beach, requested her information for the next time she is in town. It was that good. We had plenty of leftovers of the red velvet and butter pecan that we happily ate and gave a little bit out to friends and family. Our carrot cake layer wound up being the most popular and was eaten before we ever got a bite. However, our anniversary layer was the carrot. We may or may not have broken into it a little bit....

If you're in need of a high quality, yet reasonably priced cake and a fantastic vendor to work with then Rachel with Cakes in Bloom is exactly who you are looking for.

• User4432032 · 2+ years ago

Rachel was so easy to work with. When I wanted to change part of my design a few months before the wedding she had no problem adjusting. The tasting was the part of the planning that my husband enjoyed the most and he actually picked all our flavors. We had so many compliments on our cake and it looked AMAZING! We didn't save our cake top so we will be contacting her close to our one year to make us a little anniversary cake!

Crystal · Married on 05/17/2014

From the first moment we met her at her house until she delivered our cake on our wedding day, Rachel exhibited great attention to detail, professionalism, promptness, and most importantly gave us a very memorable and fun cake experience! Her home office is very clean, she sits done with you and listens to your vision and goes over all the business details. Once that is done, the fun begins...she provides you with a plate of cake, icings, and fillings and lets you enjoy in a private setting! At that point your sold on the quality and taste of her cakes! We liked her cakes so much, I chose a tier of my cake without even tasting the flavor...and let me tell you, she delivered on our wedding day!

Leading up to the wedding she checked in periodically and kept us updated on progress. I never worried once about the level of service or how good the cake would be. At our wedding we got comments about the cake, a few people said that it was the best wedding cake they have had! The cake wasn't too sweet, she limited the amount of icing to our liking, and it was most with rich flavor!

We chose to not save the top of our wedding cake knowing on our anniversary we will be asking her to make one of the tiers again or cupcakes of each layer (we couldn't decide on just one or two flavones :)!

If you choose Cakes In Bloom, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Cakes In Bloom, LLC's reply:

Crystal, I am so honored by your review! I greatly appreciate it and I love to know that your experience was wonderful! I truly try to make sure the entire experience is enjoyable and as "easy" as possible for my couples! It was wonderful getting to work together with the two of you and to be a part of your special day! I do hope to stay in touch and hear from both of you in the future! Thanks again!

Elissa · Married on 12/29/2012

Rachel did an amazing job on our wedding cake! Not only did it look stunning, but it tasted amazing. Our cake is one of the only things I wouldn't change a bit about the day. It was perfect. My only regret is that we didn't display it in a more visible place. She was wonderful to work with and I would recommend her to anyone! I came to her with an idea and she created it exactly to my vision, which isn't an easy task. She even drew the entire cake and had me review it before she made it. I wanted her to make fondant snowflakes to put on the cake, so she made a ton of different ones ahead of time and let me chose my favorite. She went above and beyond on every aspect. And on top of that she is so reasonably priced. We got well over what we paid for! She is extremely professional and loving. She really strives to make your wedding cake everything you imagined. It was so refreshing to work with a vendor like her. She made me feel at peace through the entire process. And ladies you know planning a wedding is not a peaceful task. One last thing...we just celebrated our one year anniversary and the cake was still delicious!

Rachael · Married on 07/29/2012

I cannot speak highly enough of Rachel and Cakes In Bloom! Rachel does the nearly impossible in making cakes that are both delicious and beautiful. People STILL talk about our wedding cake-- it was so moist and it was the centerpiece of our decor. Rachel listened to our ideas and made them happen, down to very last detail (including stunning handmade fondant hydrangeas). She even incorporated the wedding topper we had made into the design at the very last minute. Her flexibility, expertise, and creativity were a huge blessing on our wedding day.

Matt and Lola · Married on 08/15/2015

I am soo glad that we had Cakes In Bloom do our wedding cake! We were looking for something different that your typical wedding cake so being a girl one of the first places I looked was on Pinterest. I showed the picture to Rachael and discussed what we were looking for. WOW the cake she came up with was beyond anything I could have hoped for and fit in so perfectly with our wedding decor , and the taste was remarkable as well. Rachael was totally professional throughout the entire process from discussing the cake to the tour, to the delivery I would definitely recommend her to anyone needing any professional baking done.