Cakes for Occasions Reviews

276 | Danvers, MA

276 Reviews for Cakes for Occasions

276 Cakes for Occasions Reviews

Marie · Married on 09/22/2018

The cake for our wedding was simply gorgeous. The artwork was just outstanding and the cake itself was absolutely delicious. I am so glad the staff at the Hawthorne thought to save us a piece, otherwise, we would not have had any. Not one piece went to waste. People are still raving about the cake to this day. Chet and I are grateful for the care and attention that was clearly used to make the cake.

We thank you for helping make our event a memorable one.

Marie P

Victoria · Married on 09/01/2018

My husband and I were going to go with pies. We decided to come to cakes for occasions for their free cake tasting and then leave. After trying 7 cakes, a cake pop, and a bunch of assorted pastries... we were hooked. My husband and I have very different tastes but both of our favorite was the vanilla cake with vanilla and strawberry buttercream. We did a small 6" cake with leaves decorations and then two sheet cakes (one vanilla strawberry and the other funfetti with chocolate buttercream) and people loved it. The price was good and they delivered which made our day that much easier. We have used them since and love them!

setareh · Married on 08/26/2018

We ordered our wedding cake through cakes 4 occasions. We chose a tree birch design and they did an amazing job decorating. The taste of the cake was also really good. One of the most moist and rich but light cakes I've ever tried. We asked our caterers to save the cake top for us which we enjoyed the next day as newly weds.

Jen & Scott · Married on 08/25/2018

From the moment we stepped into the bakery shop and sat down for our consultation, my husband and I knew we were going to need Cakes for Occasions to provide our guests with yummy cupcakes for dessert and especially our special wedding cake. We had at least 4 flavors of cupcakes and the wedding cake was simple in design which we requested in an ombre of blue to match our ocean theme wedding. They also provided dairy free options which allowed all my guests to enjoy. They were very professional and always prompt in response. I highly recommend them!

Cakes for Occasions 1

Mary · Married on 08/25/2018

Cakes for Occasions was one of the preferred vendors at my venue, Tupper Manor. I chose this bakery because they are nut-free and when I inquired about pricing they were very reasonable. My mom and brother both have severe nut allergies to specific nuts and I wanted to ensure they would be able to eat our wedding cake. Please note that there may be coconut in some ingredients! Luckily my family doesn't have a problem with this nut so it was not an issue.

We went for a tasting where they offered coffee and water and as many flavors/fillings/frostings as we wanted to try. We had a few flavors in mind and the consultant recommended and few additional ones that she thought we would like. In the end we went with a three tiered vanilla cake with lemon creme, strawberry filling and vanilla buttercream on the outside. Our florist decorated the cake with fresh flowers and it was beautiful! Guests enjoyed the cake for dessert and we received many compliments! My mom and brother were also appreciated that they could enjoy the cake as well.

Cakes for Occasions 2

Paul · Married on 07/22/2018

The cakes were divine
    The food at the hotel was exceptional
    The cakes were even better
    And nut free for my family of allergens

Absolutely perfect
    The cake was great
    The cupcakes were awesome
    The cake pops were the best
    Oh my

Christina · Married on 06/16/2018

The cake from cakes for occasions was beautifully created and delicious! I can’t wait to order another cake from them again!

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 06/08/2018

We got our wedding cake from them and it came out absolutely amazing and tasted delicious! Katrina was great to work with and we could not be more happy with the way our cake came out!

Amy · Married on 06/02/2018

We can’t thank Katrina enough for making our wedding cake so beautiful! It was so tasteful and our guests raved about the flavor and how fresh the cake was. We went with the fresh strawberries & vanilla cream. Katrina definitely went above and beyond to make our wedding cake beautiful!! Thank you so much!!

Cakes for Occasions 3

Maria · Married on 05/12/2018

My husband and I had an amazing experience with Cakes for Occasions. We worked with Katrina, who didn’t think we were absolutely crazy when we went in for a consultation and wanted to try 12 different flavors! She worked with us to incorporate 3 flavors, and helped us figure out the best structure that would serve our guests. Our cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious. And my favorite part is that we didn’t need to save the top tier of our cake, as they will bake us a fresh cake for our one year anniversary!

Lauren · Married on 05/05/2018

Cakes for Occasions was excellent! Our wedding cake was so beautiful and delicious and it was executed exactly how we envisioned it. From the very beginning Katrina was wonderful to work with. She was very responsive via email while setting up a cake tasting. We were allowed to bring two additional people to the tasting which I thought it was a really nice touch. I had my parents come, it was nice to include them in this part of the wedding planning. The tasting was really fun and we got to try a bunch of different cakes, fillings, and frostings. Then Katrina listened to our vision and helped us design our dream cake! It arrived to the venue looking perfect. I'm already looking forward to getting the complimentary anniversary cake!

Rachel · Married on 04/28/2018

Cakes for Occasions was a delight to work with, and they made a stunning wedding cake for us! Katrina, our coordinator, was so excited for us throughout the whole process, and she was so kind and helpful even when I was a bit of a mess, changing my mind about the cake aesthetic. She always backed up her suggestions with photos of wedding cakes that the bakery had done so that I could make design decisions with some photographic help. One of my favorite things about working with Katrina was that she was the lone coordinator we spoke with who suggested that we didn’t need to have one slice of cake for everyone if we were doing a buffet serving style. So much of the wedding industry is trying to make you buy things that you don’t need, and she definitely wanted to help us get everything we needed and nothing we didn’t. The cake was also our favorite one throughout the tasting process, and we tried a LOT of cake. We settled on the red velvet cake with dark chocolate ganache, the champagne and strawberries, and the tiramisu, each as its own layer. Everything was delicious, and we’re so happy we chose Cakes for Occasions!

Allyse · Married on 04/21/2018

We used Cakes for Occasions for our wedding in April. Everyone raved about how delicious and beautiful our cake was! We did vanilla and funfetti with chocolate buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream on the outside. We had flowers cascading down the tiers and it was so stunning! Thank you for the delicious cake! Can't wait for our one year anniversary!

Angela · Married on 09/02/2017

Although I didn't directly work with Cakes for Occasions because my venue (Danversport Yacht Club) provided the cake with their wedding package, the cake was too delicious not to write a review! I met some of the staff at a bridal show and they were all so nice and friendly. Their cakes not only look stunning but also taste incredible!! I can't wait to have another slice in a year :)

Liza · Married on 08/05/2017

Katrina was so great to work with, our wedding cake turned out amazing. We had a fun time at our tasting & the cake was DELICIOUS at my wedding. I highly recommend!!

Taylor · Married on 07/29/2017

We had a great experience working with Cakes for Occasions on our wedding cake. We worked with Katrina the whole time and she was very patient and knowledgable. Out private tasting was so much fun - we were able to sit in a private room and taste as many flavors as we wanted. We wanted a clean, classic design with buttercream frosting and they definitely delivered. They even created a cake base for me using some special gold paper I gave them. They were not the cheapest cake company we tasted, but their cakes were certainly the most delicious.

We are excited for our complimentary one year anniversary cake!

Ariana · Married on 07/07/2017

Such an easy experience!! Out of this world cake!!
    Katrina was so fantastic. She easily made my vision a reality and I couldn't be more pleased.

Casey · Married on 06/17/2017

Our wedding cake from Cakes by Occasions was unbelievable! We told our venue, Danversport, what we basically wanted for a cake and they worked with CBO to get everything set up. We were able to taste the different cake flavors at our food tasting, and we ended up choosing chocolate, but both chocolate and vanilla flavors were outstanding. I would definitely recommend Cakes by Occasions for your wedding!

• Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 05/27/2017

We loved our wedding cake! We had our wedding reception at the Hawthorne Hotel on May 27, 2017 and Cakes for Occasions is one of their preferred vendors. We had an excellent meeting with Katrina back in November. We loved the private tasting, and the variety of cakes that were available. We had the vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and raspberry puree for our wedding and it was outstanding!

Vanessa · Married on 05/21/2017

We had the pleasure of working with Katrina. At the tasting, she really got the vision of what we wanted. We decided on a cupcake tower and a small cutting cake at the top. The cake came out beautifully. The prices were so reasonable and they were so responsive and professional. They came and set up the cupcakes and cake prior to the wedding. Everything was delicious. We could not stop eating the cake!!! I would highly recommended Cakes for Occasions.

Nancy · Married on 01/28/2017

We just recently had cupcakes for our January snowflake themed wedding and they were amazing! The look, taste and texture was so good. We went to three different well known bakeries and bought cupcakes at each to try when we got home. Hands down Cakes for Occasions won! Working with Katrina was great, she really understood what I wanted even when I didn’t, and we were so pleased. We had chocolate and vanilla, strawberry shortcake, lemon raspberry, carrot cake and red velvet, they all tasted as good as they looked. We also rented their cupcake tier to display them at our event and they were so pretty! We truly made the right choice!

Stefanie · Married on 11/26/2016

Cakes for Occasions made us a beautiful 2 layer cake in our budget that was SO delicious and beautiful. We also added on cannolis with it and they were a huge hit! Everyone loved the dessert and there wasn't any left over. The tasting was really easy and I will continue to use Cakes for Occasions in the future.

Marielle · Married on 11/26/2016

We chose a cake from Cakes for Occasions that came as part of a wedding package at the Hawthorne Hotel. We are so happy we did! The cake tasting was so much fun and delicious. We were given a myriad of options for cake flavors and fillings. We ended up going with a lemon cake with raspberry preserves and vanilla buttercream - it was delicious! We were very happy with the level of professionalism. They checked in with us multiple times to confirm our design, size, and flavors, which we really appreciated. We are looking forward to the complimentary miniature version of our cake for our anniversary!

• Emily720

Emily · Married on 11/13/2016

I tried tastings and consultations with a couple of different cake vendors, and I am so glad I went with Cakes for Occasions. I had a private tasting with their wedding consultant, and she was so accommodating and thorough it making sure I could try what I wanted and that I understood their pricing and process. I trusted them 100% to deliver, and they DID. We ordered a 3-tiered square display cake with sheet cake supplement. I really liked 2 flavors -- strawberries and champagne, and pumpkin spice. I was able to use a snickerdoodle frosting on the pumpkin spice cake, so it was a custom flavor just for us! I even was able to include cake flavor options in my guests' RSVPs so I knew exactly how many servings to order of each kind. The cake was delivered on time, in pristine condition, and was absolutely PERFECT in appearance and taste. And best of all, we came in under budget!