Cakes for Occasions Reviews

Cakes for Occasions 7
  • Roberta

Roberta A Nunes · Getting married on 10/26/2019

Perfect Creation

Understood perfectly what I wanted created for my cake.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Charlotte

Charlotte Byrne · Married on 08/30/2019

Opera Cake!!

I have dreamed of cutting an opera cake from Cakes for Occasions at my wedding since I can remember! Having this delicious cake at our reception meant the world to me and was so beautiful! The team at Cakes for Occasions is so talented!!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/16/2019

Absolutely mouth wateringly delicious

Cakes for Occassions was so helpful when we were deciding what cake we wanted. They were extremely accomodating, and really made our ideas come to life! the cake was beautiful, the cupcakes were so cute, and both were absolutely DELICIOUS. seriously my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Sent on 10/01/2019
    Cakes for Occasions 8
    Cakes for Occasions 9
    Cakes for Occasions 10
    Cakes for Occasions 11
  • CHRISTINA

CHRISTINA · Married on 08/09/2019

Delicious and Beautiful

Our cake came out perfectly. It looked beautiful and many guests have told me how much they enjoyed it. I even heard certain guests had multiple slices! Cakes for Occasions was easy to work with and we love that they offer an anniversary cake. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Mary

Mary Kate Kerins · Married on 08/03/2019

Delicious Cake

Process in advance was so easy, we just went in for the tasting, told them our numbers and style and they took care of everything. We did four tiers with two flavors (chocolate cake/chocolate frosting and lemon cake/vanilla frosting). We liked the varied flavors to appeal to the different taste buds and we only heard amazing things! (Although of course barely took a bite day of in all the craziness).

Sent on 09/29/2019
    Cakes for Occasions 12
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 07/27/2019

Wouldn't go anywhere else

Cakes for occasions was so nice to work with! Our cake was beautiful and tasted amazing! We had so many complaints from our wedding guests!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Michael · Married on 06/08/2019

Delicious Cake

We obtained our Cake from "Cakes for Occasions", and ordered a 4-tiered nautical themed cake. They were very accommodating with our desired cake, and allowed us to mix and match flavors. Our bottom and top tier were made with Lemon-Raspberry buttercream, and the middle tiers were made with Lemon-Strawberry. It was fantastic! We also provided our guests with little to go boxes to take cake with them. Needless to say, they were basically all gone. We only ended up having a couple of slices come back to our place with us after the wedding. All I can say is, whoever didn't take their slices were the ones missing out! This cake was awesome. We highly recommend them for your wedding too!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Kate

Kate Ellsworth · Married on 05/18/2019

Amah-zing Icing (and cake)

We had the most gorgeous cake from Cakes for Occasions—Rebecca worked with us to pick our design, color, cut, style, and decorations. She let us sample a variety of options (even a gluten-free bakery selection for our guest with Celiac!). They were very responsive and called us several times to confirm our final details. The cake itself was DELICIOUS—moist, light, rich, and best of all, the icing was absolutely stunning.

Sent on 05/22/2019
    Cakes for Occasions 13
  • Carly

Carly Roberts · Married on 05/03/2019

Delicious wedding cake (gluten free and regular!)

Cakes for Occasions worked with me to create the perfect dessert situation for my wedding. I have celiac and needed a gluten free option and a normal option for my guest. They worked with me to price out several options and we ultimately landed on an option with two cakes. The gluten free cake was a smaller two tiered "Rustic Horizontal" design cake. It was classic, simple, beautiful, and delicious (which is not always the case for gluten free cakes)! The other cake for the guests was a lemon cake with vanilla butter cream flavor. While I didn't get to try it, I had multiple guests come up to me and tell me how delicious it was. Would absolutely recommend Cakes for Occasions to anyone looking for a delicious wedding cake at a reasonable price!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Annie

Annie Wolf · Married on 04/28/2019

Delicious!

We got cupcakes from Cakes for Occasions and could not have been happier! I've been a fan of theirs for awhile and we know our guests would love them. We got a mix of vanilla/chocolate types as well as a selection of their gourmet (read: filled) cupcakes. They even had gluten free! Anytime I need a cake or some cupcakes I'll be coming here!

Sent on 05/13/2019

kelsey Granlund · Married on 03/30/2019

Wedding cake

The cake looked amazing and tastes great

Sent on 04/10/2019
    Cakes for Occasions 14

Michelle · Married on 12/31/2018

Delicious!

Cakes for Occasions was wonderful to work with when we planned our wedding – and the cake was very delicious! The best part of all was when they added our dog as a “peekaboo pup”, peeking out of the second tier of the cake. We were so thrilled with how it came out! Guests told us it was the most perfect wedding cake they had ever seen (and tasted!). We will definitely be going to Cakes for Occasions for future events!

Sent on 01/11/2019
  • Susie

Susie · Married on 11/24/2018

Most Delicious Opera Cake

We had already planned on not doing a grand cake for our wedding and serving a variety of different desserts. When I called the bakery to make an appointment the representative asked me what my dream wedding cake was and after speaking with her she was very honest and told us to skip the appointment and come in directly to the bakery and order the cake we wanted. This ended up saving us some cash. We went to the bakery one afternoon and purchased their most popular cupcake flavors. Tried them in store and ordered our cake. The Chocolate Opera Cake was to die for! the chocolate gnash melted in our mouths. We were so happy to see our simple, two tiered white frosting wedding cake the night of our wedding. I cannot wait to try it again on our one year anniversary. Best thing to ask is what flavors freeze the best. The cake was glorious and delivered on time. We are so happy we went with the outstanding service of Cakes for Occasions bakery.

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Lisa

Lisa Grubbs · Married on 11/17/2018

Cakes 4 Occasions is Awesome!

Cakes for Occasions was super easy to work with from the gecko! They are totally affordable and can mimic any cake you like. They deliver to your venue so you don't have to worry at all. The cake tasting was great. The cake we chose was absolutely delicious, vanilla cake with fresh cream and strawberries. Our guests loved it! And they completely made it exactly like we wanted in the picture we showed them! Everyone is so friendly and helpful, even allowing me to add on other delicious desserts last minute (fruit tarts and chocolate chip cannolis yum!). Also they send you a free mini cake on your 1 year anniversary which is so nice!! They are awesome.

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Tara

Tara McMullen · Married on 11/10/2018

Our cake was PERFECT!

We hired Cakes for Occasions to design our wedding cake in November – and we would hire them again in a heartbeat! After our cake tasting (they even let us bring a trusted friend with us to help us taste everything and decide, which was awesome!), we ultimately decided on a four-tier split between red velvet and snickerdoodle. Being able to offer two different types of cake was an incredible option – and one we hadn’t previously thought about until we met with them for our tasting! We brought in some reference photos of the style we were going for, which featured red and black frosting and details… but we were worried that the colors might stain guests’ teeth. We also didn’t want fondant, which is often used on wedding cakes. They offered us some alternative options which would meet our qualifications, and still be beautiful and delicious - which was SO helpful! They found a way to simply spray paint the frosting, rather than using fondant or dying the frosting itself – which was stupendous! Although we only had 130 guests, we decided to order extra cake (thinking we could give out leftovers at the end of the reception for people to take home) – so we went with enough cake for 150 people. There were NO leftovers at the end of the night – all of the cake was eaten, because it was THAT delicious! All in all, the cake was exactly what we wanted - over-the-top delicious and gorgeous – and it was a real bonus that they are a nut-free bakery, since we had several guests with nut allergies. Rebecca was super easy to work with – she answered all of our questions, and really worked with us to ensure that we got the exact cake we wanted. Two thumbs up!

Sent on 12/27/2018
    Cakes for Occasions 15

Marie · Married on 09/22/2018

The cake for our wedding was simply gorgeous. The artwork was just outstanding and the cake itself was absolutely delicious. I am so glad the staff at the Hawthorne thought to save us a piece, otherwise, we would not have had any. Not one piece went to waste. People are still raving about the cake to this day. Chet and I are grateful for the care and attention that was clearly used to make the cake.

We thank you for helping make our event a memorable one.

Marie P

Sent on 11/12/2017
  • Rachel

Rachel Martin · Married on 09/16/2018

Cake was stunning and delicious

We are so happy that we chose to use Cakes for Occasions to make our wedding cake! It was so beautiful and it was absolutely delicious. Working with the team was seamless from a wonderful cake tasting where we were able to lay out our initial ideas for the cake to finalizing the details for the flavors, shape, and decorations. Everyone raved about how wonderful the cake was! We can't wait to get the small anniversary cake next September!

Thank you for making our day that much sweeter! We would definitely recommend Cakes for Occasions for a wedding or any other event that a cake or dessert is needed for! I already have a friend using them for her wedding cake in July!

Sent on 01/05/2019
    Cakes for Occasions 16

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/14/2018

Delicious, Professional, Easy to Work with!

Cakes for Occasions was absolutely wonderful every step of the way. I recently went back and they replicated the top tier of our cake for our first anniversary!

Sent on 09/27/2019

Victoria · Married on 09/01/2018

My husband and I were going to go with pies. We decided to come to cakes for occasions for their free cake tasting and then leave. After trying 7 cakes, a cake pop, and a bunch of assorted pastries... we were hooked. My husband and I have very different tastes but both of our favorite was the vanilla cake with vanilla and strawberry buttercream. We did a small 6" cake with leaves decorations and then two sheet cakes (one vanilla strawberry and the other funfetti with chocolate buttercream) and people loved it. The price was good and they delivered which made our day that much easier. We have used them since and love them!

Sent on 09/18/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/01/2018

Delicious!

Cakes for Occasions did an amazing job with our wedding cake! It was exactly what we wanted, and everyone is still raving about how delicious it was! We got the strawberry champagne with buttercream and the Chocolate with buttercream. Our guests loved it.

Sent on 05/07/2019

setareh · Married on 08/26/2018

We ordered our wedding cake through cakes 4 occasions. We chose a tree birch design and they did an amazing job decorating. The taste of the cake was also really good. One of the most moist and rich but light cakes I've ever tried. We asked our caterers to save the cake top for us which we enjoyed the next day as newly weds.

Sent on 09/16/2018

Jen & Scott · Married on 08/25/2018

From the moment we stepped into the bakery shop and sat down for our consultation, my husband and I knew we were going to need Cakes for Occasions to provide our guests with yummy cupcakes for dessert and especially our special wedding cake. We had at least 4 flavors of cupcakes and the wedding cake was simple in design which we requested in an ombre of blue to match our ocean theme wedding. They also provided dairy free options which allowed all my guests to enjoy. They were very professional and always prompt in response. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/29/2018
    Cakes for Occasions 17

Mary · Married on 08/25/2018

Cakes for Occasions was one of the preferred vendors at my venue, Tupper Manor. I chose this bakery because they are nut-free and when I inquired about pricing they were very reasonable. My mom and brother both have severe nut allergies to specific nuts and I wanted to ensure they would be able to eat our wedding cake. Please note that there may be coconut in some ingredients! Luckily my family doesn't have a problem with this nut so it was not an issue.

We went for a tasting where they offered coffee and water and as many flavors/fillings/frostings as we wanted to try. We had a few flavors in mind and the consultant recommended and few additional ones that she thought we would like. In the end we went with a three tiered vanilla cake with lemon creme, strawberry filling and vanilla buttercream on the outside. Our florist decorated the cake with fresh flowers and it was beautiful! Guests enjoyed the cake for dessert and we received many compliments! My mom and brother were also appreciated that they could enjoy the cake as well.

Sent on 09/16/2018
    Cakes for Occasions 18

Paul · Married on 07/22/2018

The cakes were divine
    The food at the hotel was exceptional
    The cakes were even better
    And nut free for my family of allergens

Absolutely perfect
    The cake was great
    The cupcakes were awesome
    The cake pops were the best
    Oh my

Sent on 08/02/2018

Christina · Married on 06/16/2018

The cake from cakes for occasions was beautifully created and delicious! I can’t wait to order another cake from them again!

Sent on 06/30/2018