Cakes by Ron Reviews

Cakes by Ron 5
Cakes by Ron 6
Cakes by Ron 7

Sheri · Married on 05/17/2014

Cake was delicious and looked beautiful.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Sheri · Married on 05/17/2014

cake was delicious and looked pretty. Great value

Sent on 06/01/2014

Claire · Married on 05/10/2014

Dawn and Ron were wonderful to work with. They were extremely accommodating and creative in their design of my beautiful wedding cake. I certainly plan to use their services again in the future.

Sent on 05/23/2014

Joanne · Married on 04/26/2014

Cakes by Ron provided the best tasting, most gorgeous cake that we could ever have imagined, hands down. We tasted cake from a few other places, but nothing compared to Cakes by Ron. Ron created an incredible fluorescent key lime and pecan cake for us that we still are dreaming about. He and his team executed our vision perfectly and made great suggestions that resulted in the coolest cake. We loved everything about it!

I would definitely recommend Cakes by Ron, especially if you're looking for something a bit different and more exciting than your standard wedding cake!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Dorothy · Married on 04/18/2014

The cake was AWESOME!!! Ron is not only an AWESOME baker but an artist! Wow! We had the beach themed Chantilly laced cake that was ivory with eatable shells that looked so real. He places brown sugar at the bottom to resemble sand, and air dusted coral for an hombre effect. The flavors were amaretto with raspberry filling (which I HIGHLY recommend), and french vanilla also with raspberry filling. WOW!! There was only a few pieces left as the guests wanted second and third helpings! :)

Sent on 05/15/2014

Joe and Jill · Married on 03/29/2014

We cannot rave enough on how beautiful and great tasting our wedding cake was added another plus to what could have been a dreadful rainy day. Thank you sooo much for your wonderful service. We have a baby on the way so you will be getting more business in the future for birthdays thats a guarantee. A NO BRAINER place to get your cakes and cupcakes at. Thank you Joe and Jill Lalley

Sent on 03/30/2014

Gina · Married on 03/23/2014

My cake was amazing, it was beautiful. They matched my colors of the linens and dresses perfectly to the cake. I had a beach wedding and the shells they put on my cupcakes and cake looked so real and they were all edible. They cupcakes were delicious and moist they just melted in your mouth. The variety of flavors to choose from was so hard they had so many and they all sounded good. I hit the jackpot with my cupcakes and cake!!!!! I am from PA and I got married in FL so they made it so easy to pick my flavors and the look of my cake. They emailed and called me every step of the way. Another great company to work with for my wedding. Anybody that needs a cake they are the bakery to go to.

Sent on 03/28/2014

candice · Married on 03/23/2014

Cakes By Ron was really great! Ron designed and created a beautiful, delicious wedding cake for our 30th Vow Renewal Celebration that was enjoyed by everyone in attendance! The tasting was fun and really helpful: Ron is a low-key, easy going personality that made the process one of the easiest choices in all the planning. I would use his bakery again in a heartbeat! Thanks Ron and Staff!

Sent on 05/10/2014

Marisa · Married on 03/07/2014

Our wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous and incredibly delicious!

Sent on 03/17/2014

Claire · Married on 03/01/2014

Cakes by Ron made both our rehearsal dinner cake and our wedding cake and people are still talking about both!!! They worked with us to draw up a great design, and the tasting process was the best. Additionally, I have severe allergies and can hardly ever find a bakery from which I can enjoy cakes, etc. and Ron was able to accommodate! Our four tier wedding cake was absolutely delicious (I had two slices!) and we're looking forward to pulling out the topper next year!

Thank you, Cakes by Ron!!

Sent on 03/20/2014

Dominick · Married on 01/11/2014

Absolutely amazing cake, love the way you get to sample them all and take some home at no extra charge. Love the service, quality, and price as well. 10 out of 10!

Sent on 02/13/2014

Katie · Married on 12/14/2013

WOW! SO DELICIOUS!!!

We ordered our wedding cake from here as well as two 8 inch grooms cakes. I had just a general idea of what I wanted for one of the grooms cakes and Cakes by Ron searched on their own and found an image that was perfect for what I wanted.

All three cakes that we got from Cakes by Ron were as delicious as they were beautiful. We had so many compliments on the cakes. Even my groom who isn't a big cake guy loved them all.

Get your wedding cake from here and then go back for some cupcakes!

Sent on 11/17/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 12/14/2013

So do you like yummy cake? And one that is beautiful? Go to Cakes by Ron. They were so helpful and loved the idea of several single cakes rather then one big stacked cake. We had 5 different cakes and flavors each decorated with simple frosting textures in either white frosting or chocolate. Made for a beautiful spread on the cake table with the cakes on antique cake plates and stands. It was perfect. Even more perfect was that the cakes were diary free and soy free so my sister who has allergies was able to eat the cake for once. She was very happy which made me very happy. The cakes we had were lemon, red velvet, chocolate raspberry, and yellow cake. There was not much left over as some people went back for seconds. :)

Sent on 12/29/2013

Bridget · Married on 11/17/2013

Beautiful cake. Thanks to Nathan for all his help

Sent on 11/26/2013

Cakes by Ron created a beautifully tasting cake for our wedding! The cake was exactly what I visioned and I couldn't be more pleased with the final product.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Brian · Married on 10/05/2013

Ron quite simply is the best at what he does. We hired Ron to make our wedding cake. He created a beautiful and scrumptious cake that my wife and I will always remember. Quite honestly, we are hooked on Ron's cupcakes, and we stop by any time we are near Fruitville Road. Not only was the cake fantastic, but it was a great value and delivered right on time.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Soooooo yummy. Our cake was delicious and beautiful, delivered on time, and far more than enough for our guests. Oh, and there prices are straight forward and reasonable. So, basically Cakes by Ron is perfect.

Sent on 08/15/2013
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 06/18/2013

We actually used the local location run by his son in St Pete Beach, FL. Sarasota Cupcake Company. He did an amazing job bringing our vision of how we wanted our cake to look like to life. The flavors we went with were fantastic. (Totally recommend the cinnamon apple pie cake with caramel apple filling!! YUM!) I've been to some wedding recently where I was really disappointed with the cake. (one was burnt! and another was just not worth eating) I LOVED how our cake came out and so did my guests. They couldn't get enough of it!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Cakes by Ron made our wedding cake and groom's cake. The staff was very helpful during the initial meetings and helped us to design the cakes based on what we were envisioning. The cakes both turned out beautifully and they tasted amazing. All of our guests had so many great things to say about the cakes!

Sent on 07/14/2013

Daniel · Married on 05/15/2013

They did the cakes and cupcakes for my moms 70th birthday so using them for our wedding was a no brainer. Their quality is amazing so if you have an event and need cakes or cupcakes and an extremely friendly staff with an incredible product then look no further.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Kari · Married on 02/28/2013

I sent him a photo through email... And with him living far from me and trying to plan a wedding (which takes up a lot of time) I never even met with him.. The cake was exactly what I wanted and more.

Sent on 03/02/2013

Diana · Married on 02/23/2013

The wedding cake that we received was so pretty! It was a perfect cake and it tasted so good. Will definitely use them again for a cake.

Sent on 02/26/2013
  • User2192258 · 2+ years ago

Delicious and beautiful. Not much more you can ask for. Highly recommend.

Sent on 01/17/2013

Valerie · Married on 11/03/2012

Ron made the most beautiful cake for our wedding and designed it to match my dress. It was amazing! We had 4 tiers and every tier was a different flavor: vanilla with raspberry filling, chocolate with chocolate mousse filling, orange with orange marmalade cream cheese filling and peanut butter with strawberry jelly filling. Everyone raved at how delicious and moist the cake tasted!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Maren · Married on 10/27/2012

Cakes by Ron was amazing, I came with a picture of what I wanted and he created something even more beautiful! I loved my cake! He coordinated with my florists to have fresh flowers on the cake as well. We couldn't sit down for a actual tasting so he gave us several cupcakes on the house to try which I thought was really nice! They were soooo delicious!

Sent on 04/30/2013