Cakes by Ron Reviews

251 | Sarasota, FL

251 Reviews for Cakes by Ron

Nicole · Married on 10/18/2014

It was such a pleasure and easy experience to work with Cakes by Ron. I sent them a picture of a cake from a magazine and they helped me change the colors and gave me exactly what I asked for. Our tasting was a wonderful experience as well! I have never tried so many different flavors before, everything was wonderful! It was hard to choose!
    Thank you for making such a beautiful cake for our wedding. It was exactly what I wanted!
    XOXO
    Nicole and Ty

Sent on 11/15/2014

Ana Maria · Married on 10/11/2014

We are from Chicago and had our wedding in Sarasota on October 11th, 2014. We had a great experience working on the phone and via email with Dawn at Cakes by Ron. Our wedding cake was delicious (all three flavors of it!) and we were pleased we had so many different choices to select from. Our cake had 3 tiers and each one was a different set of flavor and filling. We froze the top tier and are looking forward to enjoying it on our 1st anniversary next year!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Tamera · Married on 09/21/2014

Ron created the most beautiful cake for our wedding! I would never get a cake anywhere else! We had a few special requests and he went above and beyond for us! Truly amazing!!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Linda · Married on 08/02/2014

Cakes by Ron far exceeded our expectations. They made two amazing wedding cakes, one of which was a custom order. They even delivered the cakes which helped immensely on what was a very busy wedding day. One of the cakes was a Victorian design which was customized using real lace. The other cake was sumptuous - amaretto and fresh raspberry. Many of our guests commented on the wonderful cakes. Many thanks for helping to make our wedding day so memorable!

Linda and Michael

Sent on 09/11/2014

Tammy · Married on 07/04/2014

Ron did it again! "Over the Top" are the only words that describe the BEAUTIFUL cake Ron Zammit made for our daughter's July 4th wedding. We had a private meeting where Ron consulted with our daughter on every detail of the cake...making each layer of the cake more beautiful than the last! Ron put special touches on each layer, including crystal pins, ombre, pearls and bling! Two crystal love birds...in the colors of the wedding...were perched on the top of the cake on crystal branches. Because we had 2 receptions, Ron made an artificial cake that could handle being transported 2 times. For the first large reception of 350 guests, we ordered the famous gourmet cupcakes...Ron even made Gluten Free cupcakes for our friends with special dietary needs. Ron transported the cake to the second reception and provided sheet cakes for the caterer to serve our guests. We were able to have his beautiful creation on display for all of our guests at both receptions! It was more than we ever expected. We love Cakes by Ron! We love Ron!

Sent on 08/18/2014
  • amberjeffvadas

Amber · Married on 06/27/2014

Wow, fabulous job! I was quite nervous because I live in Indiana and was having a beach wedding in Florida. My wedding planner was the one who actually referred me to them and I am glad they did. They were very professional and caring. I was able to make an apt with them before our wedding just to come in and visit the store to help ease my nerves! They def made me feel better about their ability to come through on providing us with an exceptional cake. It was beautiful and delivered on time. There were no problems at all. They even gave us 4 HUGE cupcakes when we visited for tasting. Thank you so much for a great experience!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Sheri · Married on 05/17/2014

Cake was delicious and looked beautiful.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Sheri · Married on 05/17/2014

cake was delicious and looked pretty. Great value

Sent on 06/01/2014

Claire · Married on 05/10/2014

Dawn and Ron were wonderful to work with. They were extremely accommodating and creative in their design of my beautiful wedding cake. I certainly plan to use their services again in the future.

Sent on 05/23/2014

Joanne · Married on 04/26/2014

Cakes by Ron provided the best tasting, most gorgeous cake that we could ever have imagined, hands down. We tasted cake from a few other places, but nothing compared to Cakes by Ron. Ron created an incredible fluorescent key lime and pecan cake for us that we still are dreaming about. He and his team executed our vision perfectly and made great suggestions that resulted in the coolest cake. We loved everything about it!

I would definitely recommend Cakes by Ron, especially if you're looking for something a bit different and more exciting than your standard wedding cake!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Dorothy · Married on 04/18/2014

The cake was AWESOME!!! Ron is not only an AWESOME baker but an artist! Wow! We had the beach themed Chantilly laced cake that was ivory with eatable shells that looked so real. He places brown sugar at the bottom to resemble sand, and air dusted coral for an hombre effect. The flavors were amaretto with raspberry filling (which I HIGHLY recommend), and french vanilla also with raspberry filling. WOW!! There was only a few pieces left as the guests wanted second and third helpings! :)

Sent on 05/15/2014

Joe and Jill · Married on 03/29/2014

We cannot rave enough on how beautiful and great tasting our wedding cake was added another plus to what could have been a dreadful rainy day. Thank you sooo much for your wonderful service. We have a baby on the way so you will be getting more business in the future for birthdays thats a guarantee. A NO BRAINER place to get your cakes and cupcakes at. Thank you Joe and Jill Lalley

Sent on 03/30/2014

Gina · Married on 03/23/2014

My cake was amazing, it was beautiful. They matched my colors of the linens and dresses perfectly to the cake. I had a beach wedding and the shells they put on my cupcakes and cake looked so real and they were all edible. They cupcakes were delicious and moist they just melted in your mouth. The variety of flavors to choose from was so hard they had so many and they all sounded good. I hit the jackpot with my cupcakes and cake!!!!! I am from PA and I got married in FL so they made it so easy to pick my flavors and the look of my cake. They emailed and called me every step of the way. Another great company to work with for my wedding. Anybody that needs a cake they are the bakery to go to.

Sent on 03/28/2014

candice · Married on 03/23/2014

Cakes By Ron was really great! Ron designed and created a beautiful, delicious wedding cake for our 30th Vow Renewal Celebration that was enjoyed by everyone in attendance! The tasting was fun and really helpful: Ron is a low-key, easy going personality that made the process one of the easiest choices in all the planning. I would use his bakery again in a heartbeat! Thanks Ron and Staff!

Sent on 05/10/2014

Marisa · Married on 03/07/2014

Our wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous and incredibly delicious!

Sent on 03/17/2014

Claire · Married on 03/01/2014

Cakes by Ron made both our rehearsal dinner cake and our wedding cake and people are still talking about both!!! They worked with us to draw up a great design, and the tasting process was the best. Additionally, I have severe allergies and can hardly ever find a bakery from which I can enjoy cakes, etc. and Ron was able to accommodate! Our four tier wedding cake was absolutely delicious (I had two slices!) and we're looking forward to pulling out the topper next year!

Thank you, Cakes by Ron!!

Sent on 03/20/2014

Dominick · Married on 01/11/2014

Absolutely amazing cake, love the way you get to sample them all and take some home at no extra charge. Love the service, quality, and price as well. 10 out of 10!

Sent on 02/13/2014

Katie · Married on 12/14/2013

WOW! SO DELICIOUS!!!

We ordered our wedding cake from here as well as two 8 inch grooms cakes. I had just a general idea of what I wanted for one of the grooms cakes and Cakes by Ron searched on their own and found an image that was perfect for what I wanted.

All three cakes that we got from Cakes by Ron were as delicious as they were beautiful. We had so many compliments on the cakes. Even my groom who isn't a big cake guy loved them all.

Get your wedding cake from here and then go back for some cupcakes!

Sent on 11/17/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 12/14/2013

So do you like yummy cake? And one that is beautiful? Go to Cakes by Ron. They were so helpful and loved the idea of several single cakes rather then one big stacked cake. We had 5 different cakes and flavors each decorated with simple frosting textures in either white frosting or chocolate. Made for a beautiful spread on the cake table with the cakes on antique cake plates and stands. It was perfect. Even more perfect was that the cakes were diary free and soy free so my sister who has allergies was able to eat the cake for once. She was very happy which made me very happy. The cakes we had were lemon, red velvet, chocolate raspberry, and yellow cake. There was not much left over as some people went back for seconds. :)

Sent on 12/29/2013

Bridget · Married on 11/17/2013

Beautiful cake. Thanks to Nathan for all his help

Sent on 11/26/2013

Cakes by Ron created a beautifully tasting cake for our wedding! The cake was exactly what I visioned and I couldn't be more pleased with the final product.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Brian · Married on 10/05/2013

Ron quite simply is the best at what he does. We hired Ron to make our wedding cake. He created a beautiful and scrumptious cake that my wife and I will always remember. Quite honestly, we are hooked on Ron's cupcakes, and we stop by any time we are near Fruitville Road. Not only was the cake fantastic, but it was a great value and delivered right on time.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Soooooo yummy. Our cake was delicious and beautiful, delivered on time, and far more than enough for our guests. Oh, and there prices are straight forward and reasonable. So, basically Cakes by Ron is perfect.

Sent on 08/15/2013
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 06/18/2013

We actually used the local location run by his son in St Pete Beach, FL. Sarasota Cupcake Company. He did an amazing job bringing our vision of how we wanted our cake to look like to life. The flavors we went with were fantastic. (Totally recommend the cinnamon apple pie cake with caramel apple filling!! YUM!) I've been to some wedding recently where I was really disappointed with the cake. (one was burnt! and another was just not worth eating) I LOVED how our cake came out and so did my guests. They couldn't get enough of it!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Cakes by Ron made our wedding cake and groom's cake. The staff was very helpful during the initial meetings and helped us to design the cakes based on what we were envisioning. The cakes both turned out beautifully and they tasted amazing. All of our guests had so many great things to say about the cakes!

Sent on 07/14/2013