Cakes by Nomeda Reviews

80 | Palm Harbor, FL

80 Reviews for Cakes by Nomeda

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Kristy · Married on 10/16/2010

When you have a vision for a wedding cake in your head, it's difficult to trust that the baker you choose will get it right. I have to say that when I walked in the room and saw our cake on its pedastool, I was relieved, happy, and impressed. Nomeda was able to take our vision and make it a beautiful reality. Plus, it tasted really good! I would recommend Cakes by Nomeda to any bride who isn't looking for a cookie cutter cake. She does beautiful work, and she was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 10/25/2010

Amanda · Married on 06/20/2010

Cakes by Nomeda ruined all other desserts for me (in a good way) - nothing else compares! Her cake flavors are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. We chose the European raspberry and mango for the two tiers being served and her Signature flavor for the top/anniversar tier. We liked being able to pleasantly surprise our guests with the unique flavors. Her artistry is also beautiful. The cake turned out exactly how I described and expected. She was great to communicate with and very reasonably priced. I would hightly recommend Nomeda!

Sent on 09/09/2010

Katie · Married on 05/29/2010

I don't know if it is possible to be any more impressed with Cakes by Nomeda! From the very first day that I contacted Nomeda, the experience has been a dream! Our tasting included about 15 different flavor combinations; it was SO difficult to decide on the ones we wanted to include in our cake. In the end, we selected two flavors: chocolate kahlua creme and amaretto. Both of the flavors received RAVE reviews from our guests. The cake itself was bigger than we'd imagined, and my husband and I were able to take home/share a large chunk of it after the wedding - YUM!
    The pricing was extremely reasonable; we were amazed at how affordable her cakes were! When we did a pricing comparison to Publix, the same size cake (where you would be unable to have an original design) was actually more expensive! I couldn't believe it!
    As for the design, Nomeda was a GENIUS! I brought her a photo of a lace applique design I'd seen, and she executed my vision perfectly! The color was spot on, and the white chocolate fondant was actually EXTREMELY tasty (in my opinion). I know that my husband and I will be going back to Nomeda for other occasions in the future!

Sent on 06/08/2010
  • Mrs. Berner

melissa · Married on 05/22/2010

My husband and I had scoped out several cake bakers in the area and had several cake tastings. Nomeda was by far the best tasting cake in all the Tampa area. Her flavors were leaps and bounds better than any other cake baker. She was very warm, flexible to our needs, and let us taste over 10 different cake flavors. On our wedding day I had her make us a 5 tier masterpiece and a groomsman cake. We had three different flavors for the wedding cake, coconut, hazelnut, and raspberry. The groomsman cake was chocolate truffle. Let me just say that we went home without any leftovers! EVERYONE went back for seconds. All our guests RAVED about how delicious the cakes were. We loved her so much that a month later I ordered Marshall's birthday cake from her in the chocolate truffle. In just over a weeks notice, she created a guitar masterpiece that is maybe even more delicious than the wedding cakes! She will definitely be hearing from us in the future for any and all of our cake needs. They are highly recommended!!!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Jecoliah · Married on 05/08/2010

Cakes by Nomeda provided my wedding cake, which was absolutely great!! My guests loved the cake which included three tiers with three different flavors. Mante Baronas was wonderful to work with. My cake was beautiful!

Sent on 06/06/2010

Tanya · Married on 03/20/2010

Nomeda made a cake that was to die for. It was exactly how I wanted it. The tast and texture were awesome. It was so beautiful no one wanted us to cut into it.

Sent on 03/31/2010

Jill · Married on 03/06/2010

Not only is Nomeda wonderful to work with, she makes the most delicious cakes. I have never tasted wedding cake as great as this. Her choices for design and flavor are endless! I would highly recommend!!

Sent on 07/01/2010

NATALIE · Married on 02/28/2010

I will make this short so that everyone takes the time to read my review:
    This is the best decorated cake, the BEST TASTING cake (at the tasting and on your first bite), and most bang for your buck. Nomeda listened to every detail and gave me the cake I wanted.
    We chose Nomeda because she was the only person who took the time to ask how my husband and I met. She was warm and inviting and I wanted her to make my cake!
    Choose someone you trust and you get a good feeling- Nomeda was great all the way around.

Sent on 07/02/2010

Sally · Married on 02/20/2010

Nomeda does an amazing job at making gorgeous cakes that taste amazing too! She even made a custom filling for us, peach flavor, that she had never made before and it was wonderful! At the wedding, everyone raved about our cake, how moist it was, how it was decorated, and the different flavors we were allowed to have!

Cakes by Nomeda was part of a package that came with our banquet hall's catering service. They offered two other bakers to choose from. When I went to go call the other baker for questions to help me make my decision, they couldn't be bothered, told me I would need to make an appointment to ask 3 quick questions and promptly hung up on me (Chantilly). When I called Nomeda, she gladly answered all of my questions, was warm and professional on the phone, and the results were obviously amazing as I described above! They are extremely professional and talented in what they do. We will be coming back to them in the future.

Sent on 04/18/2010

I. · Married on 10/18/2009

I was told by my guests that this is the best cake they ever had at a wedding. That says a lot. My guests and I are exceptional cake lovers. Cakes by Nomeda helped top off a perfect wedding. My guests were looking for second servings. The quality of the cake was exceptional. it's not often you can find good vanilla cake that has favor and moist. The service was wonderful too. I live in NJ and this was a destination wedding. I chose this baker base on reviews as I couldn't fly down for tastings. They took the time to talk with me and they were quick to respond to any questions I had. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/22/2009

jen · Married on 09/20/2009

Delicious. Very Flexible. Professional. Delicious. She also helped me surprise the groom with a Buckeys grooms cake. Fabulous job! Did I mention Delicious???? No comparison, no regrets!

Sent on 12/31/2009

Tramie · Married on 08/15/2009

Cakes by Nomeda provides exceptional service. They took time to meet with us and adjust their recipes to our tastes. They were also very prompt with correspondence and worked to accommodate our unique design. The cake was beautiful and delicious. We highly recommend this vendor for their reliability, innovation, and positive attitude.

Sent on 08/29/2009

Bridget · Married on 05/23/2009

Cakes by Nomeda is a great vendor to work with!! The entire process was so easy. The cakes were delicious!! And very affordable!! They did our Groom's cake in the shape of a crown royal bottle, my husband loved it!! And they also did a smaller cake for the top of our cup cake stand!! For us to cut and save for a year. The customer service was excelent, and they went above and beyond anything I ever expected for cake service.

thank you so much!!!!

Sent on 06/15/2009

Shanna · Married on 03/14/2009

Our cake was beautiful! It was more than we dreamed it to be. Our guests are still saying how delicious and beautiful it was. Nomeda was very professional and delivered our cake before time. Thank you Nomeda for making our day!

Sent on 06/15/2009

Julie · Married on 01/03/2009

Nomeda and her sister were fantastic! The cake not only looked beautiful but tasted wonderful as well, everyone commented that it was the best wedding cake they have ever had. She went above and beyond our expectations for our cake and we were both amazed by the results! Also, her handmade sugar flowers were unbelievable! She was extremely professional and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 01/06/2009

Jean · Married on 01/03/2009

I actually used Cakes by Nomeda because the reception location provided the cake through them. I did have two choices though and the other choice did not come recommended by my sister who does catering. Though neither I nor my sister had ever heard of Cakes by Nomeda, I decided after reviewing their website and seeing the beautiful cakes they had created that I would meet them for a tasting. Nomeda and her sister were very pleasant during the tasting and their cake offerings were very moist and delicious. I did have a request for the filling that was not a typical filling they made and they were all too happy to create it for me. I was not interested in doing fondant but Nomeda suggested her chocolate fondant which is not as sugary as traditional fondant and it was definitely a good choice! We had so many compliments on the cake and several people said it was the best cake they had ever had at a wedding. My husband and I definitely recommend Cakes by Nomeda to anyone getting married. Thanks Nomeda!

Sent on 01/13/2009
  • Corinne

Corinne · Married on 11/16/2008

In June of 2007, which was about a year before I got engaged, I sang at a wedding reception that had on each table a beautiful three-tiered cake as it's centerpiece. I was in awe of how each one was different and uniquely designed yet they all tied in to each other to create an elegant ambiance for the reception. Since I got there early to set up with the band, I had a little time to take pictures on my phone and send them to my future husband (even though we weren't yet engaged!). I knew then and there that no matter what the cost I wanted this artist to create my wedding cake. When I was officially engaged and looking for vendors, I went back to my phone pictures to remind myself of the beautiful cake centerpieces and see if I could find this vendor online. I didn't know her name, but in browsing websites there was no question whether or not Nomeda was this cake artist because a few of the pictures on her site were the EXACT cakes I had pictures of in my phone! I looked around a little more and was surpirsed to find that most of the cake vendors in the Tampa Bay area were either way too traditional (boring chantilly, chantilly, chantilly, and no flexibility at all from those vendors. Not naming names, but several of them!) or they just couldn't create that perfect fondant sculpture (they didn't seem to have the experience to create a cake that wouldn't fall apart, and their photographs reflected that. Why would you put mediocre representations of your work on your site? That's no way to drum up business!). After watching enough "Ace of Cakes" episodes and wedding cake competitions, you figure out quickly what you want and don't want from a cake vendor!

Nomeda has the experience of a true European cake artisan; she knows how to handle fondant properly, and she has the flexibility to create ANY look you want, even if it is chantilly cream! Now, if you are more interested in how that cake tastes rather than how it looks, I can tell you the buck stops here, too! She has so many different flavors to choose from (including choices between American and European cake textures; I chose the latter) and she can even blend flavors to your liking. We had a different flavor for each cake layer and she blended lemon, raspberry, and vanilla-cream in one. We paid a little extra for the European fondant which was amaretto-flavored. Fondant is NOT like it used to be in the olden days, for sure, especially if you have Nomeda make your cake. Instead of having to peel back the tasteless layer of fondant to get to the the cake inside (which is also usually mediocre, at BEST) the amaretto flavoring actually accentuates the flavors inside the cake and you actually want to EAT every bite on your plate, even after gorging on dinner. If you are like me, I don't like to waste calories on mediocre food or sweets. I also don't like to waste money on a cake that people will leave behind, only taking a gracious bite of it because it's good etiquette. I got so many compliments on our wedding cake that I knew I chose wisely.

There are two more wonderful parts to my wedding cake story: 1) When I chose to have my reception at the Rusty Pelican, I still knew I wanted Nomeda no matter what I had to pay, even if it meant forgoing the vendor that they offered as part of the package. Well, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Nomeda was one of their vendors!!!!! 2) The bride whose wedding reception I sang at when I discovered her cakes was actually Nomeda's niece. The father of the bride was also her videographer, ergo, Nomeda's brother-in-law. Lucky me, I got my videographer through this amazing circumstance. I believe everything happens for a reason and I would NEVER call it a coincidence that I sang at that wedding in 2007!

Sent on 12/25/2008

Heather · Married on 10/04/2008

Nomeda created this absolutely breath taking cake for our wedding. It was exactly what I wanted. She mimicked my china pattern onto the cake; it was fantastic! The layers of chocolate ganache and raspberry were decadent! I can't wait til our first anniversary to enjoy it all over again.

Sent on 06/22/2009

Adrienne · Married on 03/29/2008

Nomeda's work is artistic and beautiful. We went around to a few cake vendors because we wanted to make sure the cake tasted great. Her cakes were by far the best. While we opted to add fresh flowers to decorate the cake, some may be interested to know that she does not charge for any sugar flowers that you want added onto your cake.

Sent on 08/27/2008

Sofia · Married on 10/06/2007

Nomeda privided us with a wedding cake that we only dreamed about. She used the finest ingredints and catered to all of our allergise. We had her signature multilayered cake with rassberry jam and hazellnuts, it was to die for. She also made a chocolate flourless grooms cake that was fantastic.

Cakes by Nomeda wasn 't the only wedding cake bakery that we tasted, however it was the best and thats why we choose her.

Sent on 09/23/2008
  • Leori

Leori · Married on 09/22/2007

The cake was absolutely BEAUTIFUL... One of the best cakes that I ever tasted was her signature cake and my guest loved it. They all asked for seconds and thirds to take home. This was probably one of the best cake vendors that I have ever had.

Sent on 10/30/2007
  • F

Mary · Married on 04/09/2011

Nomeda and her sister were just perfect!! After tasting several cakes and meeting with many other bakeries... none even lit a candle to the delicious European style cake they made for us or their incredible attitude and professionalism!! Even a custom creation of orange, banana, mango, ganache and cream cheese frosting couldn't deter the flavor!! It actually came out to be one of their new favorites!! The cake for the wedding day was outstanding and the groom's cake was PERFECT!! A sausage making sensation- to honor his mom's family! So fun!

Thanks! I will recommend you to everyone I know!

Sent on 07/11/2011

Vanessa · Married on 11/01/2008

Working with Nomeda was one of the best experiences I had! She was able to capture my vision and convert it into the most amazing cake! She is extremely talented and is truly an artist. She was easy to work with, creative, and unique. Her cakes had a European flair, and looked as good as they tasted! Nomeda is someone I would recommend to anyone for all their cake needs!

Sent on 02/20/2009

Hillary · Married on 11/12/2011

Not only was our cake BEAUTIFUL, but most important to us - it was DELICIOUS! After having an incredible tasting, Nomeda drew a sketch of our cake based on our description and the real thing was better than we ever could have imagined.

Sent on 03/13/2012

Marcela · Married on 03/21/2009

We wanted a fairly unconventional cake, and came with pictures. Nomeda and her sister were wonderful at the tasting, and agreed to take on the cake. I would've liked to have a little more communication beforehand to make sure she knew how I wanted certain details, but overall, the cake was fantastic. Moist, absolutely delicious, and pretty close to what we had pictured. Thanks, Nomeda!

Sent on 06/14/2009