Cakes by Nomeda Reviews

80 | Palm Harbor, FL

80 Reviews for Cakes by Nomeda

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Ashley · Married on 05/11/2013

Nomeda made us the most beautiful wedding cake. We gave her an idea of a design, and she just kind of went with it on her own. We couldn't have designed a prettier cake! The best part about the cake was that we were able to do buttercream instead of fondant (which tastes much better in my opinion). She also created beautiful sugar flowers to perfectly match our coral colored decor. It was so beautiful and DELICIOUS. People raved about the cake. We had cake favor boxes made so that people could also take slices home with them. Thank you Nomeda! You were great!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Candice · Married on 04/27/2013

Our wedding cake was provided by Cakes by Nomeda. They did an outstanding job. She came and met us and brought samples for us to taste, along with several photos of cakes that she had done in the past. The cake flavors were amazing. She had different levels to chose from which helps stay within your budget. I was able to give her a photo of the "lace" cake that I had liked, and she was able to recreate it to look just like the picture, but prettier! Everyone enjoyed the cake and the flavors that we had chosen, and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a beautiful cake that taste as good as it looks!

Sent on 07/02/2013
  • User2619608 · 2+ years ago

Nomeda is a genius. Her cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious, and every guest commented positively on it.

Sent on 04/30/2013

Catie · Married on 12/29/2012

Nomeda was such a pleasure to work with, and her cakes are amazing both in taste and design. I was the third bride in our group of friends to use her, and we were all thrilled with her work. She was so sweet and welcoming when we met for our consultation/tasting, and provided helpful feedback for our proposed design. Our cake looked as exactly as she had sketched it, and tasted even better! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 03/03/2013

kate · Married on 12/12/2012

Nomeda was everything you could possibly want in a wedding cake baker: professional, creative, easy to work with, reliable and affordable! We simply described what we wanted, she provided us with some guidance on size, shape, and flavor and after a delicious tasting we decided what we wanted. On our wedding day the cake that was delivered was exactly what we expected. The design was spot on, the cake was delicious and everyone raved about the flavor and appearance.
    Hire her! You can trust the job will be done perfectly and it's one less thing to worry about.

Sent on 05/12/2013

Most delicious and beautiful cake ever! It tasted and looked exactly as I wanted!

Sent on 12/14/2012

Brooke · Married on 11/10/2012

Awesome cake flavors. She is very organized and willing to accommodate any request.... Was very pleased with the outcome :)

Sent on 11/30/2012

Our cake by Nomeda was beautiful and exactly what we wanted.Plus it tasted great too! Nomeda was very easy to get a hold of, very professional and flexible with both her own time and cost. The cake was very reasonably priced for the work she put into it and it made for a wonderful addition to our fall decor. Thank you so much Nomeda!

Sent on 11/12/2012
  • F

Francesca · Married on 10/19/2012

I loved my wedding cake! It was exactly how I described it to Nomeda. I gave her a swatch of color I wanted it to be and it was perfect! And it tasted wonderful! I had decided to save the top tier for our anniversary but ended up eating it the next week with my family because it was so good :)

Sent on 11/04/2012
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/14/2012

Nomeda is unbelievably talented ! I brought her pictures of details on different cakes that I wanted on my cake. She completely nailed it on the head. My cake was sooo beautiful and tasted like no other cake. I actually dropped my first cake vendor I booked after I tried Nomeda's cakes. They have a more european flavor which we loved. If your an bride anal about detail and flavor, Cakes by Nomeda is and will always be my number one recommendation !! Thank You Nomeda !!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Sarah · Married on 09/15/2012

Cakes by Nomeda was phenomenal!!!! After searching and tasting almost every cake company in Tampa Bay determined to find the best wedding cake, we found most other places you had to choose between taste and design quality. Cakes by Nomeda has the BEST of both worlds -- her work is flawless with attention to detail and the cake is EXTREMELY delicious. Thank you Nomeda so much!!!!

Sent on 09/17/2012
  • W

whitney · Married on 07/22/2012

Our cake was amazing!! Cakes by Nomeda was a great choice! Very easy to work with, I simply showed her what I wanted and that is exactly what arrived on our big day. We used chocolate covered strawberries instead of cake for the traditional bride groom cake moment. The strawberries were made to look like a bride and groom! Awesome cake and awesome strawberries :)

Sent on 08/23/2012

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2012

Nomeda did an amazing job with our wedding cake! I knew exactly what I wanted and all I had to do was show her a picture. She brought my vision to life. The cake tasted amazing too!! I cant wait for our 1 yr anniversary to have it again! :)

Sent on 06/24/2012

Melanie · Married on 05/05/2012

They did well with providing us with quality service and a delicious cake. The tasting and inital meeting was great. They showed us lots of photos for ideas and we sample so many yummy cakes! The end result was a cake that was beautiful and really good tasting. I loved the cake and got many compliments on how good it tasted. I have heard bad things abotu fondants taste, but the fondant they use is differnt, it tastes great and didnt overpower the flavor of the cake. I would recommend Cakes by Nomeda!

Sent on 05/18/2012

Amanda · Married on 11/19/2011

Nomeda was recommended to me by my coordinator and she really is an A++ Vendor. At the tasting she let my (now) husband, mother, father and I all try around 10-15 flavors of her delicious cake and it was sooo hard to pick a favorite because they were all so yummy! We finally decided on the European Raspberry with fondant on the outside. We also liked that she didn't have a bunch of upgrade charges for things like fondant, multiple flavors, gum paste flowers, etc- It was all just one price per slice, no matter what you chose for the cake design. I later decided to change the design of the cake and sent her a photo of a cake that we fell in love with and she really duplicated that design to perfection. It was amazing!!! I have been to many, many, many weddings, and I have to say that our cake was the best one that I have ever had- and others agreed!! Most people think that fondant doesn't really taste that great, but her fondant is so delicious. I saw several people who had multiple slices of cake and my fiancé was so excited that there was still a little bit left over afterwards so that he could enjoy it the next day at our brunch. I would recommend Cakes by Nomeda in the future and plan on using her services for other events in our married life as well!

Sent on 12/01/2011

Kristine · Married on 11/05/2011

Working with Nomeda was an excellent experience! I used her not only for my wedding cake, but for my bridal shower cake and for my grooms cake! All three exceeded my expectations. For my shower cake, I found a picture of a cake that had a nurse's theme (since I am a nurse) and I emailed her a picture of the cake telling her that this is what I wanted. I expected the cake to be similar to the picture, but on the day of my shower I was blown away when the cake was EXACTLY what was in the picture I had sent her. She didn't miss anything! The detail that was on all 3 cakes was exceptional! My wedding cake was a 4 tier cake that I designed and she made my dream come to life. Everything was exactly how I pictured it.

When I did my cake tasting, I couldn't decide on a flavor because so many of them were delicious. We ended up using a different flavor in each tier of all 3 cakes. ALL of them were amazing and people to this day are still commenting on how wonderful they were. Nomeda is very professional and very personable and amazing to work with. She got back to me very quickly each time I contacted her. I will definitely use her again in the future for any cake that I may need.

Sent on 11/29/2011

Christie · Married on 10/08/2011

I had a vision of a one-of-a-kind unique cake in my mind-vey extravagant. I brought in pictures...a piece of this...a piece of that... JUST LIKE THAT she started sketching away the cake I had in my head! She was such a pleasure to work with as well. And I do not usually eat cake, just the frosting, but OMG at the cake tasting I was blown away. She does this flourless chocolate cake and other european style cakes that are so moist they just melt in your mouth like a cheesecake! Everyone keeps saying how my cake was 'a piece of art'. Ha Ha, well I ate it the 'art' and it was stunningly beautiful and delicious! Thanks to the team over there!

Sent on 11/21/2011

Danielle · Married on 08/12/2011

I had met them at a bridal shower and tasted their raspberry amaretto European style cake and fell in love! And from a person with a MAJOR sweet tooth, but doesn't like cake (weird, I know), I was totally caught off guard to actually love the cake I tried!! I knew that I HAD to use them for my wedding after that! My fiance (at the time) and Matron of Honor scheduled an appt with Nomeda for a cake tasting and booked her that night. Our wedding cake ended up being three layers: raspberry (European style cake) on the bottom, spice in the middle, and a chocolate and raspberry for the top. We had people coming up to us all night long talking about how this was the best wedding cake they had ever tasted before! She definitely knows how to cook... but she also knows how to decorate! Our cake was beautiful and exactly what we had discussed in our consultation. I would definitely recommend using Cakes by Nomeda for your wedding! Thank you so much Nomeda!!

Edited to add (one year later): I would STILL recommend Cakes by Nomeda. Unlike most wedding cakes, our wedding cake still tasted like the day we got married on our one year wedding anniversary (after being wrapped in seran wrap and aluminum foil, like the sites I read). It was FANTASTIC one year later!!!! We honestly expected it to be freezer burnt, but it was absolutely delicious. Thank you again!!!!

Sent on 08/26/2011

Claire · Married on 05/14/2011

We tried a lot of cakes, but they were all too sugary and sweet. We wanted a light, flavorful cake that our guests would remember--and they did! As soon as we took our first bite of Nomeda's European cakes, we knew she was the vendor for us! We chose four tiers of alternating flavors: macadamia nut, mango and coconut. The macadamia nut flavor is her specialty and reminded us of the macadamia nut desserts at Bern's Steakhouse but better! I had already picked out a design for the cake, and Nomeda did not hesitate to say yes to recreating it. The final product was beyond our expectations--not only was it delicious and beautiful but it was delivered right on time and by wonderful, professional Nomeda!

Sent on 06/08/2011

Debbie · Married on 05/07/2011

My wedding reception took place at The Rusty Pelican and their package requires that you use one of three bakeries of their choice. Cakes By Nomeda was by far the best of the three. She gave me 8 flavors to choose from, which were far more moist and flavorful than the other bakeries (who also only gave me four flavors to choose for the wedding cake). On our wedding day, the wedding cake and groom's cake looked exactly as I wanted them to, and as expected, were moist and delicious. Our guests could not stop talking about how good they were and kept asking where we got them. I highly recommend Cakes By Nomeda for your wedding.

Sent on 05/16/2011
  • Mletsos

Marcy · Married on 02/19/2011

AMAZING!!! Thats all I can say!! I gave them a picture of my "dream cake" and they went beyond and above to make sure thats what I got!! Their prices were more then resonable!The cake tasting was great..they really gave you alot of options and they were flexiable with meeting after work hours.
    Our cake was Everything that we wanted! It looked like it came from a wedding magazine.They are alot of things I stressed about for the wedding BUT the cake was NEVER one of them. I trusted them 150%!

Tom and Marcy

Sent on 03/06/2011
  • Lisamarie

Lisamarie · Married on 11/20/2010

They were so easy to get in touch with and their pricing was very reasonable. The cake came out GORGEOUS and was delicious! We got so many compliments on it.

Sent on 12/01/2010

melina · Married on 11/20/2010

We just used Nomeda to create our wedding cake & I was extremly Impressed! From our first meeting to the final product, the whole experience was Delightful! Very friendly staff & excellent communication! Nomeda is so creative & truly makes one-of-a-kind Masterpieces at a reasonable price too! I also got a ton of compliments from guests on the design & taste, so may thumbs up!!

Sent on 12/11/2010

Natalie · Married on 11/20/2010

Nomeda made our wedding cake absolutely special and it tasted great. We went to 5 different cake tastings and I liked Nomeda because it was different. We were able to mix and match or cake and icing. We had one layer as a European white cake with real raspberry filling, the 2nd layer was carrot cake with real cream cheese, and the 3rd layer was white cake with dolche leche filling. We cannot wait to eat our top layer which we made the carrot cake as well. Nomeda did an amazing job with a customized cake to the design of our choice! Thanks so much for making our wedding special.

Sent on 04/26/2011

Ana · Married on 10/24/2010

Cakes by Nomeda were fantastic to work with, our cake was exactly what we wanted. They keep a great balance between giving creative advice to design the cake, and letting us give input to have want we wanted. The cake was beautiful and delicious. They were very easy to work with, and responded quickly to email. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/08/2010