35 Reviews for cakes by megan

Our special day would not have been complete without the delicious and beautiful cake that Megan baked for our wedding! We were impressed with her attentiveness to detail, responsiveness to our emails and questions, and her friendly demeanor. The overall value and experience offered by Cakes by Megan is second to none. It is well worth your time to reach out to Megan and inquire about her services for your wedding!

Profile Picture Matt, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Megan was such a doll to work with. Not only did she bring delicious samples to our tasting but she even custom made my cake and it fit within my budget!! I must have gone to at least 5 other vendors who either couldn't custom I've the flavors and/or it came out to be well over $1,000 for 150 people! Megan even gave us the 4th tier for free to eat later in the year (we were going to save it for our 1 year anniversary but.... we'll be having it sooner than that because it's just that good.) She listened to what I wanted and truly delivered. I highly recommend Megan for any and all types of cake!

Profile Picture PRITI, 10/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We hired Megan for our recent wedding and I cannot recommend her enough. Our cakes were delicious (we went with the pumpkin spice and Butterscotch) and were an incredible value (and more importantly so tasty!). They looked gorgeous and were delivered on time and even more beautifully than I had hoped. Thank you Megan!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/10/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I am a true lover of dessert and cake in particular, so I had some pretty high expectations when it came to our wedding cake.
We got married in the middle of July when it's impossibly hot out, and our guests were going to be served a large family-style Italian meal before dessert, so we wanted a cake that would be light and fresh. We set up a tasting with Cakes by Megan after seeing the inventive flavors and her use of fresh ingredients, and we were sold right away! The icing was perfect (light but flavorful), the cake was moist, and her designs were awesome! We decided to choose two flavors (s'mores and mixed berry), and we made sure to order even amounts of both so guests could enjoy both flavors. The cake was even more beautiful than we imagined, and everything actually tasted even better than when we sampled it! We got rave reviews from guests about how incredibly good it was, and we were happy to have ordered more than necessary so that we got to take some home. Megan also offers a fresh mini anniversary cake so that you don't have to save the top layer! Hooray!

Profile Picture Nicki, 7/19/15, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Megan made an amazing and beautiful cake for our wedding! It was exactly as we had discussed and lived up to all our expectations! Megan was very responsive and professional throughout the entire process. Highly recommend Cakes by Megan for a delicious and beautiful cake for any occasion!

Profile Picture User4176767, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cupcakes I ordered from Cakes by Megan were delicious. All my guest raved about how good the cupcakes were. I would defintely recommend Cakes by Megan.

Profile Picture Andre, 3/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Megan was wonderful to work with! She not only does cake but is also a day of coordinator.

My guests raved about how wonderful the wedding cakes were. We had three cakes and each one that I tried was wonderful. The cannoli cake which is new to her menu was so light and had a great flavor. The grooms cake was a chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream and a cheesecake layer- this was to die for, My husband is not wanting to share the cake topper we brought home. The coconut cake disappeared! The sugar flowers were different on all of them! and all were beautiful. She also offers replacement tiers for our first anniversary for $20 to be decorated like our wedding cake.

Her talent doesn't end with cake- she made coconut and amaretto truffles for our wedding favors- which she helped turn into our place cards. Her husband was able to cut elements from our wedding invitations to create name cards with table numbers for our guests which they attached to the favor boxes.

She also supplied containers (apothecary jars, glass and silver bowls, and silver scoops) and candy for a candy bar. She made a selection of dark chocolate, kahlua, and grand marnier truffles, sugar cookie snowflakes and traditional greek kourabiedes (like snowballs) for our winter theme displayed on a tiered stand. Also supplied marshmallows, chocolate shavings and candy canes for our hot chocolate & Coffee station. Purchased custom M&Ms, hershey kisses, jordan almonds, and color specific jelly belly jelly beans that matched our theme. Supplied candy bags with custom sticker with our names and wedding date and snowflakes.

As we had a Greek wedding she also supplied the traditional jordan almonds wrapped in tulle and tied with a bow and flower for each place setting.

I will recommend Cakes by Megan to anyone for any type of event.

Profile Picture megan, 12/28/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Excellent value, flexible to work with, very responsive, and most important of all: delicious cakes!! We had a hard time deciding which flavor to get because there are so many to choose from. Also, I made a design change after our cake tasting and Megan was very easily able to accommodate that change- she even had the decoration I wanted to buy already available! I'm so happy I found Megan!!

Profile Picture Marie, 12/20/14, 5 Reviews
3.3

The cakes were all very delicious. All of our guests mentioned that it was the best chocolate cake they had ever had. Also, I was happy to see that she was able to make a surprise groom cake, that my husband was head over heels for when he saw it. That being said, the business aspect suffered. It took far too long for us to receive our contract. And the response time took far too long as well. I was very nervous about whether this part of the wedding would all come together, and was pleasantly surprised that it did. I would recommend the cakes.

Profile Picture User3838914, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The set up and the cupcake/cakes were delicious! The prices were very fair and Megan made it exactly as requested.

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Megan made the most beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding! I loved every detail and how she brought my vision to life! I highly recommend Megan!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 8/2/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We really loved our cake from Cakes by Megan! We got strawberry shortcake and it was DELICIOUS. We had a smaller, 3-tiered cutting cake and then sheet cake in the back. We heard lots of compliments on how tasty it was. And we had about half a sheet left over that went immediately at the brunch the next day (I may have had 3 pieces)! Our only complaint is that the design was not exactly what we thought we were getting. We went for simple, but we thought we would have a navy ribbon and some pearling. There was no pearling, so it was very plain. And we forgot to put our fresh flowers on it. But most importantly it tasted fabulous, was a great price, and was delivered on time and unscathed! We would recommend Megan and would use her for cakes in the future. Thank you!

Profile Picture Kristin, 7/5/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Megan was amazing! She was very accommodating to our schedule for the tastings and we had a specialty request of Pavlovas! She gave us several different options and they we delicious! All of our guests loved them! She communicated throughout, came herself to set up, and paypal option of payment is always easy!

Profile Picture Kseniya, 5/30/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We were very pleased with the cake and customer service provided by Cakes by Megan. Her prices were extremely reasonable and the cake was beautiful and delicious! Megan provided a tasting for me, my mom and the groom, walked us through the pricing of cakes and cupcakes, and helped us decide on a final design for our cake. Based on my research of other vendors, her prices were the lowest-- plus the prices included a very beautiful design.

Megan was also very accommodating for the day-of plans. The week before the wedding, we delivered fake flowers to her house which she used to decorate the cake, as it was an easy way to save money. She also helped us by taking the cake knife, server and our toasting flutes to the reception venue, and set them out on the cake table and sweetheart table as we requested. We certainly did not expect her to set these up for us, and for her to be so helpful made us feel even better about selecting her as our vendor.

We were very happy with Cakes by Megan-- Thank you!

Profile Picture Cheryl, 11/2/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We found Cakes by Megan online; Megan responded very quickly and provided a cake tasting at a time that worked with my husband's work schedule, as well as mine. Megan is a wonderfully talented cake baker/decorator and has the warm friendly personality to match. We loved meeting with her and describing what we envisioned for our wedding cake. The cake was delivered with perfect timing and was exactly what we wanted; elegant and delicious!!! I will definitely call her again for future events.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/6/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I was absolutely thrilled with my cake. It was gorgeous. The height, the look, the color, and the taste turned out beautiful. Many people at the wedding commented on how good the cake was. Thank you Megan you did an outstanding job. I am so proud of how beautiful the cake was. I will always remember it!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/13/13, 6 Reviews
4.7

6 weeks away from my wedding I decided to order a surprise Groom's cake for my husband. Megan came through with the last-minute request and delivered BIG TIME!! She made him a 3-D Redskins helmet cake filled with Peanut Butter Reese's - his favorite!! It looked amazing and he was totally surprised!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/17/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. Everyone raved about our cake! The photographer featured it, as he loved it as well!
Megan was so personable- she came to our house for the cake tasting! Her price was unbelievable! She gave us more options than we thought we could afford... and the cake was THE most amazing cake either one of us have ever tasted! Hands-down I would recommend her to any bride and groom without a doubt. We tried other places, and Megan was the best taste, value, personality and design.

Profile Picture User3727645, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was delicious, beautiful, and exactly what we had in mind when we planned everything with Megan. The tasting was a lot of fun (naturally), and she had a ton of flavors to choose from (we were able to have a few different cake/icing combinations for the different tiers, which was great). The value was unbeatable, and we actually didn't have any cake left over, so I'm assuming the guests enjoyed it as well!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/8/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

It was great working with Megan. Our wedding theme with chocolate and raspberry so the cake was extremely important! She did a fantastic job and it was delicious! She also made us an anniversary cake and it brought us back to our wedding day! Thank you so much Megan!!

Profile Picture Naveen, 8/25/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Despite a power outage the day before the wedding that knocked out the whole region, Megan still managed to mix our cakes in the dark and then bake them when the power came back on (thank goodness!!). I think that alone qualifies her for 5 stars!

But in addition to feats against power and other catastrophes, Megan is also a lovely person. Our tasting at her home was fun and helpful. She had a whole book of pictures to help us find something we liked for the design, for which we didn't really have an idea. And the cake is delicious! Amazing, totally amazing cake. We were very happy with the three flavors we tried, but kept it to 2, almond and lemon, for the actual cake. It was beautiful, tasty, and perfect.

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 7/1/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Megan's cake was absolutely delicious and looked gorgeous!! We received many compliments on both the look and the taste of the cake. Thanks!

Profile Picture Julie, 5/12/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Megan's cakes are beautiful, but more importantly, (in my opinion, at least) they are delicious. The flavor combinations she offers go beyond traditional wedding cake flavors and are especially great for any brides out there that don't like plain vanilla. My friends had her make an assortment of cupcakes for my bridal shower (the cheesecake cupcake was especially amazing) because we had such a hard time picking only two flavors for our cake.

I felt like she really listened to all my ideas during our consultations, and the cake looked even better than I imagined. It matched our colors and our theme perfectly and the (gum-paste?) flowers looked almost real. On top of everything else, she was very reasonably priced. We're looking forward to having her make us a cake for our one-year anniversary.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 5/6/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

This was by far the second best thing about planning our wedding! We had 3 cake appointments and each had their pros and cons... except for the last place. She did an AMAZING cake tasting. Cakes by Megan in Auburndale, VA...First of all, she had 6 PAGES OF FLAVORS... ranging from strawberry Grand Marnier to chocolate chip. She told us to pick out 3 flavors and there would be a small fee for any extra tasting flavors. I wanted a full spectrum so I chose 5. My husband CHOSE 1 FLAVOR OUT OF ALL OF THEM... and it was chocolate chip. I could have smacked him (Breathe in, breathe out) but I let it go. So, we show up at the location and it is at her house. Her wonderful mom answered the door and showed us in to the sitting room. She was running a little behind, so my mom, dad, husband, and I sat chatting for about 10 minutes. Megan was in the kitchen tinkering away... and I thought to myself, what could she be doing? It's just going to be 5 pieces of cake.
OH NO! She walked out carrying two top tiers of a wedding cake! And went back in the kitchen and came out with 2 more! And then another! OMG. She gives you a top tier of the wedding cake to try and you get to take the rest home with you! Her flavors were fabulous and she is so friendly. I couldn't wait to see our our wedding cake. We even took the leftover cakes with us to Florida and had his parents try some too!

The only grumble was that in the contract it states that we wanted dark purple grapes cascading down the cake and when it arrived - they were green and light purple. No big! Cake was delicious and I would highly recommend her services.

Profile Picture Meghann , 10/23/11, 9 Reviews
2.8

She did a great job with our cake tasting and had a couple different cakes for us to try and send home with us, but she had us meet us in her home which was very unprofessional, in my opinion. Also, she completely messed up my cake. My groomsmen cake was delicious, but didn't quite turn out as expected. My wedding cake was a different story. It was supposed to be all white with 3-4 yellow and gray accent flowers and the whole cake came this hideous shade of yellow with hideous dark grey flowers and tasted so incredibly dry. Everyone commented that the groomsmen cake was delicious but the wedding cake was dry and they did not care for it. I cringe everytime I look at the pictures of my cake with the non matching cake topper. When I complained she wasn't very responsive and said she would get me a free cake when our baby was born and for our 1st anniversary. She was very rude in dealing with us about both of these, and the baby cake she sent she said would have a baby theme, instead it was a beach themed hot pink cake with a hibiscus flower on it and was literally only the size of my hand. Now we are attempting to deal with her about getting our anniversary cake to look like the top tier of our wedding cake so we could at least have some pictures and she's been very short, unresponsive, unhelpful, rude, and unwilling to do that for us. In my opinion, I would save your money and get your cake done by a professional. Not a rude woman who is working out of her home as a 2nd job. At the time, the price seemed good to me, but not at the price of getting the wrong cake and having to deal with such a poor business woman. I also recently found out my friend got her cake from her and received it in the wrong color as well.

Profile Picture Shaza, 9/25/11, 1 Review