56 Reviews for Cakes by Liza, LLC

User Photos
todo alt text
todo alt text

I am SO glad that she made our wedding cake! It was truly the best cake I have EVER tasted. She listened to what I wanted and went way above and beyond my expectations. Our guests would not stop raving about how delicious and perfect the cake was. I asked her to make me a naked style wedding cake with a marbled inside of chocolate and vanilla. It wasn't too sweet, it was beautifully decorated, and the flavors inside were absolutely delicious (the chocolate ganache inside that cake was spectacular). I'm glad we took the topper so that I can have a delicious snack whenever the craving hits (which is pretty often!). She is incredibly talented and passionate about her cakes, and it really shows. I seriously can't thank her enough - Thank you again, Liza, for helping to make my wedding so much sweeter! I will always remember how much I enjoyed the cake on my wedding day

Profile Picture Nina, 8/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Liza was amazing. The cake was the most beautiful cake. All of my guest were impressed. Liza was also very helpful to my mother ! We are so grateful! Thank you Liza!! ❤️

Profile Picture christy, 7/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was beautiful and everything we hoped for!! We had the almond cake with raspberry filling and the red velvet cake on alternating tiers. IT WAS DELICIOUS and had our guests wanting more. And even after a year, on our anniversary, cutting into our top tier per tradition, was still in perfect condition. Thank you, Cakes by Liza!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Great taste, design, and yummy!

Profile Picture Lois, 4/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Liza was awesome! All the little details that my husband and I asked for were amazing! The lacey details that she added from my dress to the cake was flawless! I even asked for a lego/starwars groom cake and she did a great job with it! (My husband is kinda a nerd) I was nervous it was going to look too "kiddy" at first but she still made it look classy. She maintained communications the whole time during planning and I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Kristina Lynn, 9/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Liza made my dream wedding cake! All my guests not only loved how beautiful and unique it was, but it was delicious! Thank you Aliza for making our day even more special. You are an amazing artist!

Profile Picture Bonnie, 5/7/16, 1 Review
4.7

Liza is an awesome cake designer! She worked with me very well to make sure my cake was perfect for my theme. My husband and I were very pleased. My cake table was very detailed and she went above and beyond to create exactly what I wanted, plus more!

Profile Picture Kenda, 4/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Liza was a delight. So accommodating, creative and professional.
Everyone just raved over her display and delicious cakes. On the most special day, my daughter's wedding, Liza prepared everything with such care and precision. We couldn't have been happier!

Profile Picture Tina, 2/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Liza's work is FABULOUS! Since I had no idea what I really wanted for my wedding cake, I gave her the reins, and her creativity ran away with it. The final product was GORGEOUS and was a perfect centerpiece to our lovebird-themed wedding. The intricate details on the cake were perfect and elegant, while the handmade bird's nest as our topper and flowers were the best reflection of our personalities. She also had so many flavors to choose from that every guest was able to have a little bit of everything. We had chocolate, lemon, butter rum, and mocha chiffon. Everyone gave our cake so many compliments with regard to design, flavor, moistness, everything! We couldn't have been happier with the work she did and would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone. Can't wait to take another bite in a year!

Profile Picture Holly, 11/15/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My son was getting married in Va Beach and we weren't familiar with any professional cake designers in the area, so we found Liza online and took a chance without knowing much about her work. We completed the entire transaction online and over the phone without any problems. We were absolutely pleased with her service, professionalism, and design and quality of the cake. Everyone at the wedding was very impressed and loved the cake. I would highly recommend Liza and would definitly use her again.

Profile Picture BILL, 9/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Liza created another beautiful and delicious cake for my son's wedding. She surpassed our expectations once again. All the guests were impressed with the cake. Liza can really make cakes beyond your imagination for any occasion.

Profile Picture Glorietta, 9/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved our wedding cake! Liza went above and beyond to make our cake gorgeous and exactly what we wanted! Thanks Liza!

Profile Picture Debbie, 7/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

First of all, I would like to say that Liza did an AMAZING job with both my butterfly themed wedding cake and red velvet cake pops.

Our cake tasting was so much fun. We loved each cake we tasted and it was so hard to pick just one flavor! I went to several cake stores, but Liza was the only one who took the time to sit down and get to know my husband and I. She made sure that she understood our vision, so that she could recreate exactly what we wanted for our special day. My husband and I really appreciated the time she took to plan each detail with us.

When I first saw my cake, all I could think was, "Wow." She exceeded our expectations and created a beautiful and elegant cake. There was something magical about the cake, and many of our guests gave us compliments on how beautiful it was and how good it tasted. Even my husband, a big dessert critic, absolutely loved the cake! Her cake pops were also a fun and delicious addition to our wedding cake! I already have people asking me where they can order them.

I will definitely be using Liza again in the future!! She is a true artist and a pleasure to work with. Liza's cakes are the best in town!!

~Vanessa

Profile Picture Vanessa, 7/14/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We were planning our vows renewal and I had a hard time finding a cake confectioner that would return my calls. Fortunately, I found Lisa who not only provided excellent service but guidance to help me decide on my cake design. My cake turned out beautiful and the taste was awesome, we loved it. I recommend her business to anyone looking for professionalism and great taste!

Profile Picture Lizzette, 9/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

wE JUST HAD OUR wEDDING jUNE 18 lIZA CREATED OUR WEDDING CAKE IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL AND MOIST LIZA IS THE BEST AND TALENTED WE NOW HAVE STARTED GETTING DIFFERENT KINDS OF CAKES FROM HER AND STARTED RECOMMENDING HER TO OUR FAMILY MEMBERS.

Profile Picture Terrence & Jerita, 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was even more beautiful than we envisioned! Liza understood the kind of look we were going for and made a creation very detail oriented. But a cake looks only as good as it tastes. The white almond cake was very moist and soft. The raspberry filling and butter cream balanced the flavors evenly without being too sweet and rich. The flavor overall was wonderful! We're so happy to have worked with Liza, as she has made our wedding cake truly memorable!

Profile Picture Melanie, 5/21/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We were so pleased with the cake that Liza made for us. She took aspects of our lives that I didn't even know she knew about and incorporated them into the cake. For example, on top of our cake was 2 beach chairs. This was perfect since our wedding was a beach wedding. In one chair was a navy sailor's hat (known as a cover), which was a tribute to my wife who serves in the U.S. Navy. In the other chair was a pair of drumsticks which was a tribute to my second love....drumming. The presentation was immaculate and the cake was absolutely delicious, with 3 different layers of different flavors. I was so impressed with Liza and her cake and I would highly recommend her for anyone's wedding. Thank you again Liza.

Profile Picture Michael, 5/13/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I like watching Amazing Wedding Cake on tv and I think Liza should be on that show. Her cakes are amazing and surreal that I wouldn't even like to cut my cake when she made one for my wedding!

Profile Picture Marilyn, 5/13/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake Liza provided was absolutely awesome. Not only did the design compliment EVERY aspect of our wedding, but the taste was exquisite. Thank you Liza for adding that special touch to compliment our wedding day. Our guests are still talking about the cake!

Profile Picture Kenyana, 10/2/10, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Liza did a beautiful job on our wedding cake and was very easy to work with, not to mention we received several comments on how delicious the cake was. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Theresa, 7/10/10, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

It was a beautiful cake, and most importantly it was delicious. I would recommend her to any of my friends and relatives.

Profile Picture Jose, 2/14/09, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Liza is a great cake designer and the detail in her work shows that. I not only utilize Cakes by Liza for my reception, but have been utilizing her services for the past six years for holidays and birthdays. I applaud Liza for the professionalism, artistic views, and overall quality of the cake(s) she has made for me. I would highly recommend her for any occassion. KaTina from Virginia Beach, VA

Profile Picture Tina , 9/22/08, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was both beautiful and absolutely delicious! I would recommend Liza to anyone for a wedding cake. She was very helpful and was able to make the cake exactly how I had envisioned it.

Profile Picture Holly, 9/23/06, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The simple the cake the better.

Profile Picture amalia, 2/14/80, 1 Review