Cakes by Liza, LLC Reviews

59 | Virginia Beach, VA

59 Reviews for Cakes by Liza, LLC

Tito · event on: 05/31/2013

Extremely satisfied with Liza's service and product! The cake was awesome and quality was outstanding. Liza was very accomodating and delivered as promised. Thank you!
    R, CAPT Tito Arandela (Ret)

Sent on 06/02/2013

Tina · event on: 05/17/2013

Beautiful presentation and exactly what was requested. All the guests just loved the dessert.

Melinda · event on: 05/11/2013

The cake was beautiful and amazing! Everyone loved it. Cakes by Liza is the only business I go to for beautifully designed and delicious cakes. Thank you for your excellent service!

Susan · event on: 05/01/2013

Cake and bakery items were outstandingly delicious! Be sure to purchase plenty because once you bite into one, you'll want more!

Dwayne · event on: 04/05/2013

I ordered a special designed cake for my retirement ceremony after 30 years in the military. Liza did not let me down. The price was right, the cake was excellent and the attendees committed in unison on the appearance and taste. It was a big hit at my ceremony and thanks to Liza a special occasion for my family. I would recommend Liza to all of my family and friends. I will use Cakes by Liza again when the need arises. Thanks Liza and great work.

HENRY · event on: 03/09/2013

We ordered a Dr Seuss theme cake for our grand daughter's first birthday party and Lisa created a master piece of a cake. It was so beautiful that we didn't want to cut it at first until everyone has taken lots of pictures of the cake. It was also very delicious and tasty but not too sweet. Lisa is the best cake maker we know and we've seen a lot of her work and they are all fabulous.

Myron · event on: 03/09/2013

Liza provided us with the most amazing cake I've ever seen in person and definitely put the icing on the cake for my daughter's 1st Birthday Party! Not only did the cake come out better than expected, but it tasted great too! All my cakes for events in the future will come from Cakes By Liza!!

Sent on 06/11/2013
  • User3292654 · event on: 12/22/2012

Her Cake Pops are awesome. And the Red Velvet Cupcakes could not have been better.

Rose · event on: 10/14/2012

Liza is an amazing baker and cake decorator that you cannot go wrong ordering cakes from her. The cake that she made for my niece's 18th birthday was wonderful. A great tasting and the moisture of the cake is perfect. The way she decorated the cake amazes everyone at the party. I highly recommended CakesbyLiza.

Sent on 05/30/2013
  • User2654203 · event on: 09/12/2012

EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION.
    EXCELLENT EFFICIENCY
    EXCELLENT RESULTS

Sent on 09/13/2012

Vanessa · Married on 07/14/2012

First of all, I would like to say that Liza did an AMAZING job with both my butterfly themed wedding cake and red velvet cake pops.

Our cake tasting was so much fun. We loved each cake we tasted and it was so hard to pick just one flavor! I went to several cake stores, but Liza was the only one who took the time to sit down and get to know my husband and I. She made sure that she understood our vision, so that she could recreate exactly what we wanted for our special day. My husband and I really appreciated the time she took to plan each detail with us.

When I first saw my cake, all I could think was, "Wow." She exceeded our expectations and created a beautiful and elegant cake. There was something magical about the cake, and many of our guests gave us compliments on how beautiful it was and how good it tasted. Even my husband, a big dessert critic, absolutely loved the cake! Her cake pops were also a fun and delicious addition to our wedding cake! I already have people asking me where they can order them.

I will definitely be using Liza again in the future!! She is a true artist and a pleasure to work with. Liza's cakes are the best in town!!

~Vanessa

Sent on 07/23/2012

Melinda · event on: 05/05/2012

The birthday cake was amazing. It looked fantastic and it tasted great. I had no problems with ordering or pick up. It was even better than I expected and everyone enjoyed the cake, especially the birthday girl!! I will definitely use this business again the next time I need a great cake for a special occasion. The Jamaican rum cake and the "Food for the Gods" was also delicious and both disappeared fast. Thank you!

Sent on 09/20/2012

Roslyn · event on: 04/07/2012

I have used Cakes by Liza on several ocassions and they all have been wonderful!! Liza is incredibly talented. The cakes not only look perfect they taste amazing. Thank you for such great service.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Jocelyn · event on: 10/09/2011

I requested a wonder woman cake for my grand-daughter. What Liza is, compared to other decorators I have been to is, she is most creative and most meticulous with her details. Her cakes are amazing! I would recommend her anytime especially to the people that are anal.....

Very impressive!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Lizzette · Married on 09/18/2011

We were planning our vows renewal and I had a hard time finding a cake confectioner that would return my calls. Fortunately, I found Lisa who not only provided excellent service but guidance to help me decide on my cake design. My cake turned out beautiful and the taste was awesome, we loved it. I recommend her business to anyone looking for professionalism and great taste!

Sent on 03/01/2012

Melanie · Married on 05/21/2011

Our cake was even more beautiful than we envisioned! Liza understood the kind of look we were going for and made a creation very detail oriented. But a cake looks only as good as it tastes. The white almond cake was very moist and soft. The raspberry filling and butter cream balanced the flavors evenly without being too sweet and rich. The flavor overall was wonderful! We're so happy to have worked with Liza, as she has made our wedding cake truly memorable!

Sent on 05/25/2011

Michael · Married on 05/13/2011

We were so pleased with the cake that Liza made for us. She took aspects of our lives that I didn't even know she knew about and incorporated them into the cake. For example, on top of our cake was 2 beach chairs. This was perfect since our wedding was a beach wedding. In one chair was a navy sailor's hat (known as a cover), which was a tribute to my wife who serves in the U.S. Navy. In the other chair was a pair of drumsticks which was a tribute to my second love....drumming. The presentation was immaculate and the cake was absolutely delicious, with 3 different layers of different flavors. I was so impressed with Liza and her cake and I would highly recommend her for anyone's wedding. Thank you again Liza.

Sent on 05/18/2011

Marilyn · Married on 05/13/2011

I like watching Amazing Wedding Cake on tv and I think Liza should be on that show. Her cakes are amazing and surreal that I wouldn't even like to cut my cake when she made one for my wedding!

Sent on 05/18/2011

Kenyana · Married on 10/02/2010

The cake Liza provided was absolutely awesome. Not only did the design compliment EVERY aspect of our wedding, but the taste was exquisite. Thank you Liza for adding that special touch to compliment our wedding day. Our guests are still talking about the cake!

Sent on 10/10/2010

Theresa · Married on 07/10/2010

Liza did a beautiful job on our wedding cake and was very easy to work with, not to mention we received several comments on how delicious the cake was. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/23/2010

Jose · Married on 02/14/2009

It was a beautiful cake, and most importantly it was delicious. I would recommend her to any of my friends and relatives.

Sent on 11/09/2009

Tina · Married on 09/22/2008

Liza is a great cake designer and the detail in her work shows that. I not only utilize Cakes by Liza for my reception, but have been utilizing her services for the past six years for holidays and birthdays. I applaud Liza for the professionalism, artistic views, and overall quality of the cake(s) she has made for me. I would highly recommend her for any occassion. KaTina from Virginia Beach, VA

Sent on 01/20/2010

Leslie · event on: 09/12/2008

Cakes by Liza created the surprise Bridal Shower cake at my job! The cake was beautiful and delicious! Would personally purchase another cake from Cakes by Liza!

Sent on 07/03/2013

Holly · Married on 09/23/2006

Our cake was both beautiful and absolutely delicious! I would recommend Liza to anyone for a wedding cake. She was very helpful and was able to make the cake exactly how I had envisioned it.

Sent on 11/09/2009

amalia · Married on 02/14/1980

The simple the cake the better.

Sent on 11/15/2009