Cakes by Kim Reviews

Cakes by Kim 3
Cakes by Kim 4
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 03/09/2019

Wedding cake and dessert shooters

The cake was amazing and presentation was beautiful. The shooters were a hit and the life of the party. They were cookies and cream and everyone loved them!

Sent on 09/05/2019
    Cakes by Kim 5
  • Terri

Terri · Married on 10/13/2018

Kim Is An Artist!

Cakes by Kim creates the most beautiful cakes I’ve ever seen and they taste amazing too!! Working with Kim was a delight! She is extremely responsive and very easy to work with. She’s talented and her goal is to provide a cake you will instantly fall in love with. When I saw my cake for the first time, I was in awe! She went over and beyond mine and my husband’s expectations! She didn’t just create a cake, she created a beautiful scene with the cake as the center piece! My husband and I don’t really eat cake, but we’ll eat ALL the cake we can get from Cakes by Kim! My cake was perched atop a large ring of flowers surrounded by an array of candles. Kim designed this display to make it look as if my cake was floating! The colors, texture, and the intricate details were perfect for my modern Gatsby theme. I couldn’t have dreamed of a better cake or display if I tried! It’s clear that creating cakes is a labor of love for Kim. If you’re looking for a caker who will make a masterpiece of a cake that tastes just as wonderful as it looks, then Cakes by Kim is the one for you!

Sent on 12/18/2018
    Cakes by Kim 6
    Cakes by Kim 7

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thank you so very much!!! I loved making this cake for you all and I am so happy that you loved it!
  • KENDAL

KENDAL · Married on 09/02/2018

Wonderful!

Kim is AMAZING. Her cake is incredible and her design is fabulous. best decision booking Kim for my wedding!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thanks so much Kendal!!! I am so happy that you chose Cakes by Kim and that you all loved your cake!

Shamea Fancher · Married on 06/30/2018

Best cake ever!

Cakes by Kim is absolutely amazing! The cake is delicious and she has the personality to match. She took our vision and brought it to life. She was professional and timely in all our dealings. I didn't know that the wedding cake process could be so intricate, but Kim made it a breeze. The hardest part is choosing what flavor(s) because everything is sooo good.

We went with a three layer cake, mini cupcakes and apple pie shooters. We had so many compliments on the desert table!

Cakes by Kim is the best choice hands down! You won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thanks so much Shamea!!! I loved working with you all to create your wedding dessert table. Thanks for choosing Cakes by Kim for your special day!

Laura · Married on 12/09/2017

You were fabulous to work with, Kim. Thank you for your flexibility with our unexpected time change and thank you for your patience and understanding with my post-wedding disorganization! You made the wedding cake process so unbelievably easy. Our guests are still talking about how delicious our cakes were! Thank you so much for making my wedding cake dreams come true!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Cakes by Kim's reply:

It was my pleasure to work with you all!!! Thanks Laura!

Amanda · Married on 10/28/2017

Exactly what we wanted for our wedding cake, and so beautiful too!! Thank you!!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thanks so much Amanda!!! I thoroughly enjoyed working with you guys!

Ariana · Married on 10/07/2017

Kim was one of my favorite vendors to work with! She is easy to work with, exceptionally talented and her cakes taste absolutely amazing! I still have guests asking for her information because they were blown away. Can’t wait for another excuse to work with Kim in the future! Such a pleasure. Book Kim and don’t hesitate. She is the best in Birmingham!

Sent on 01/05/2018

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Awe Ariana, that just makes me smile!!! I loved working with you all too!

Kelsey · Married on 09/30/2017

Kim was an absolute pleasure to work with! Such a sweet person who also happens to make beautiful and perfectly sweet cakes!! We loved our wedding cake so much, and got compliments all night from people saying it was the best cake the ever had. Thank you Kim!

Sent on 01/07/2018
    Cakes by Kim 8

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thank you so very much Kelsey!!! Working with you all was amazing and I'm glad to have been a part of your special day!

Kristen · Married on 08/19/2017

Kim was AWESOME! I had a vision for my wedding and she exceeded my expectations! She is wonderful! Thanks so much for making our day so special! :)

Sent on 01/03/2018

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thanks ask much Kristen!!! I adore you guys and your family, it was truly my pleasure!

Emily · Married on 06/17/2017

Kim was one of the nicest vendors we hired for our wedding. The cake she made us was beautiful and it tasted so fresh and moist which is rare with most wedding cakes! She also made us banana pudding shooters which were a big hit! Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thanks so very much Emily!!!

Jessi · Married on 05/27/2017

By far the BEST cake and icing in Birmingham! Kim did an excellent job and everyone raved about the cake.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thank you so very much Jessi!!! I can't express in words how much your comment means to me!

Keneisha · Married on 10/23/2016

Kimberly Wiggins of Cakes by Kim provided a "tasteful" experience from the initial planning until the day of the wedding! The cake tasting appointment was very intimate and Kim exercised her patience as we made the best decision. Most of all, she provided her expertise when questioned about what would work best! On the day wedding, Kim was very punctual and utilized her talents to place our cake on display in such a way that has left an ever lasting impression upon US and our GUESTS! I highly recommend Cakes by Kim for one of the most important yet memorable days of your life!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thanks so much, I loved meeting and working with you guys!!!

Cheryl · Married on 10/08/2016

Kim was absolutely fabulous!!!! She accommodated all my needs and wants into the most beautiful decadent cake display!!! I had several flavors of cupcakes along with my cake and each one was so flavorful and perfect. Cakes by Kim is the perfect match of Beauty meets edible perfection!!!!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thanks so very much Cheryl!!! I loved working with you guys and the Create team to make your day extra special!
  • W

Wellyna · Married on 07/16/2016

Kim did a phenomenal job with our cakes. They came out beautifully and tasted delicious! Throughout the process, Kim was professional and personable. I never had any questions because Kim's booking process was detailed and clear. When I needed to add a tablecloth rental, we were able to do so with no problem. I would definitely recommend Cakes by Kim.

Sent on 12/11/2016

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thanks so much Wellyna! It was my pleasure to add a sweet touch to your special day!

Jackie · Married on 06/17/2016

Kim makes AMAZING cakes! I'm not a fan of heavy icing so her white chocolate mousse icing was perfect! She was very helpful in deciding the size of the cakes and flexible about allowing me to add to the number of slices. She was also much better priced than any other place. Delivery was on time, it looked beautiful, and it tasted great. I plan on ordering a small one for my anniversary, because it was so popular that it was all gone by the time I could actually have a piece.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thanks so much Jackie! I loved working with you guys!

Jessica · Married on 06/11/2016

My wedding cake/ cupcake was DELICIOUS. The presentation was beautiful. Thanks for everything.

Sent on 06/17/2016

Cakes by Kim's reply:

You are very welcome Jessica! It was my pleasure to be a part of your special day!

Cakes by Kim was amazing. The service and the cakes were exceptional. Kim is very friendly, organized and professional. She was able to offer great suggestions and use our ideas to give us exactly what we wanted for our wedding cakes. We highly recommend Cakes by Kim.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thanks so much!!! I thank you for entrusting me with your special day!

Megan · Married on 01/02/2016

My wedding cake from Cakes by Kim was absolutely gorgeous and SO delicious!!! Kim is so fun and easy to work with and she is awesome at what she does. I showed her a picture of the cake I wanted and she somehow made it was more gorgeous than the initial picture! Also, my husband isn't a huge fan of fondant and Kim worked with us and figured out a way to do the same detailing and designs without it. She is so awesome! Our wedding cake was so freaking good that I can't wait to eat the to tier on our first anniversary. Kim was so great to work with and I will definitely be ordering lots of cakes from her in the future.

Sent on 02/02/2016

Christina · Married on 10/24/2015

Kim captured my vision for the wedding cake so perfectly! She created such a gorgeous AND delicious masterpiece and focal point for our reception! Kim is so sweet and professional and always provided answers to any questions or concerns that I had...especially regarding my husband's severe nut allergy. Her culinary expertise coupled with her creativity made Cakes by Kim stand out in our eyes! Our guests have continued to rave and rave about the beauty of her cake! We love Kim and would recommend her to all of our family and friends!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thanks so much Christina, it was such a pleasure working with you guys!!!

Paige · Married on 10/17/2015

Kim's cakes are amazing. I order a four tier bridal cake and groom cupcakes from her. She was very attentive on what I wanted my cake to look like. She nailed my vision perfectly. We didn't have as many guests as originally planned for so we did have cake leftover which was a great midnight snack. My husband and I did take some by his work as we were leaving town for our honeymoon 2 days after the wedding and his co-workers raved about how yummy it still was. I may have to order another small cake just to eat for no specific occasion. Too yummy for words!!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Kim was professional and easy to work with! Not to mention her cakes are incredible. I would highly recommend working with Kim for your wedding day!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Lacey · Married on 08/21/2015

Kim was a pleasure to work with! The cake tasting was so much fun with her and she is very knowledgeable about the different types you can have. She was very helpful when we were trying to decide the size of mine and the grooms cake! She was so sweet and was always able to call her or email! I would recommend her to anyone looking for beautiful wedding cakes that are super tasty!!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Cakes by Kim's reply:

Thanks so much Lacey, it was a pleasure working with you guys!

Mary · Married on 01/17/2015

I HIGHLY recommend Cakes by Kim to anyone who's looking for a beautiful AND delicious cake! My guests gave our cake great reviews on both looks and taste and Kimberly is so friendly and easy to work with! Her goal is clearly to please, and we were beyond thrilled with our finished cake. Her cakes also come at an excellent value, and she's very willing to help you create your dream cake within a reasonable budget. Cakes by Kim gets an A++ in my book!

Sent on 01/23/2015

Ana Gabriela · Married on 12/20/2014

Kim's cakes and desserts don't only look amazing, they taste even better! Everyone at the wedding was in awe of the dessert table Kim set up for us! Kim was an absolute pleasure to work with! I highly recommend!

Sent on 12/23/2014

Elli · Married on 09/06/2014

"Best wedding cake ever!!" - quote from my wedding guests.

First of all - Kim is amazing!! I feel very fortunate that she was part of my wedding. Kim was so pleasant to work with, she is beyond kind and thoughtful. Secondly, the cake she created for my wedding was phenomenal, culinary perfection! I wanted to do a naked cake for the reception and was a little worried that it might come out dry, rest assured, Kim did not let that happen! The cake was both beautifully made, but also DELICIOUS!! I wish I could have eaten more slices :)

Sent on 11/27/2014