Cakes by Happy Eatery Reviews

Cakes by Happy Eatery 5
Cakes by Happy Eatery 6
Cakes by Happy Eatery 7

Sonia · Married on 09/15/2012

Delicious cakes! I have had numerous people tell me that it was the best wedding cake they've ever had and I agree! And they did an amazing job on the groom's cake honoring the Oakland A's.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Teresa · Married on 06/30/2012

We had Cakes by Happy Eatery make our wedding cake and catered our rehearsal dinner. They were just the BEST. The cake was beautiful and delicious. The meal was great. We could not have been happier with our selection.

Sent on 07/15/2012
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 03/17/2012

Absolutely Delicious!!!!! I had to hide cake to take home and eat it was so good...

Sent on 03/21/2012

Kristen · Married on 10/22/2011

Victoria at Happy Eatery was wonderful to work with. We chose a simple cupcake tier "cake" that was very low cost, but tasted absolutely amazing! On the day of the wedding, just moments before the wedding was set to begin, movement of the cake table cause the top tier to fall to the ground and break. All without my knowledge our coordinator called up Happy Eatery and without hesitation, they baked and brought in a replacement. I had a wonderful evening and never knew the stress of the cake until the next morning.

Sent on 11/12/2011

Julia · Married on 08/19/2011

We had no idea what we wanted before walking into the bakery, but within ten minutes we did! They were so helpful, and the cake was so delicious!!! I almost cried when I saw the cake at our reception-it was even more beautiful than I had pictured!! I've since gone back at least a dozen times for cupcakes, yum!!!

Sent on 08/24/2013

Susanna · Married on 07/10/2011

Our wedding cake was delicious, we just wish we could have had more of it(we were having pictures taken!).
    Victoria did a stellar job of creating a cake that matched our idea, simple but stylish, chocolate and vanilla....mmm yum!
    Frosting to die for!
    Beautifully set up on the cake table, many complements on the cake,both appearance and taste!
    We would highly recommend Victoria and The Happy Eatery to other couples who are looking for reasonable prices and creativity!

Sent on 08/14/2011

Bridget · Married on 07/09/2011

I ordered a Philadelphia Phillies themed groom's cake for my husband from Cakes by Happy Eatery in Manassas. I was very pleased with the results. The Devil's Food cake with chocolate mousse was to die for! The cake was beautifully decorated and enjoyed by all. It was about $300 but was well worse it! The look on my husband's face was priceless when he saw the cake! Victoria and her team were very helpful! I look forward to ordering my husband's birthday cake from there in the near future!

Sent on 07/19/2011
  • Monet

Monet · Married on 06/25/2011

I LOVE THIS PLACE. They are super nice and are always there when you call to ask anything. There cakes are fresh not frozen the day before. I cant think of one bad thing to say this place is so great.

Sent on 06/27/2011

Rebecca · Married on 01/22/2011

Cakes by Happy Eatery was absolutely amazing! We had a 3 tier wedding cake and a groom's cake. The wedding cake was beautiful and turned out just as we had invisioned it. The groom's cake was also exactly what we had in mind and both were delecious. The red velvet is to die for! They were very easy to work with and with having a winter wedding Victoria assured us that snow or no snow we would have our cakes!

Sent on 10/17/2011

Jessica · Married on 11/06/2010

AMAZING! The cake was absolutely gorgeous and it tasted amazing! They were great to work with when choosing the cake, delivered on time and it was delicious! The best part? We didn't have to freeze the top layer- they provide a complimentary one on our 1 year anniversary!

Sent on 03/14/2011

Teresa · Married on 08/14/2010

My cake was beautiful and EVERYONE said it was delicious!! They were great, good prices and easy to work with. They delivered the cake on time and set everything up nice. They give you a free one year anniversary cake so you can serve the entire cake at the wedding and not worry about freezing the top of the cake, I am looking forward to that!

Sent on 02/24/2011

Kristi · Married on 08/07/2010

My wedding cake not only looked EXACTLY how I wanted it to, but it tasted fantastic. It arrived on time, and was absolutely perfect. Thank you to Emily and everyone at Happy Eatery for making that part of our day so stress-free, beautiful, and YUMMY!

Sent on 08/17/2010

Michelle · Married on 10/17/2009

I loved my cake! Particularly, I loved it because it was so light and flavorful. Most cakes that I tasted were so dense and way too sweet. But Cakes by happy eatery has a great recipe in their light cake with a really great balance of flavors. Victoria was awesome to work with as well. You can tell she has such a passion for baking and takes pride in her job. She's extremely responsive, flexible and very creative.

We also had our wedding favors made through Cakes by Happy Eatery. We wanted to combine Polish and Italian cookies in one favor box to represent cookie baking traditions from both sides of the family. The bakery had plenty of Italian cookies to choose from, but they'd never made a polish cookie called the Nut Tossi. We gave her a recipe (which apparently takes years of baking to perfect), and Victoria did a test batch to make sure it was correct. The cookies turned out to be perfect--they were very moist and delicious!

I really appreciate the professionalism and experience that Victoria Wu and Cakes by Happy Eatery provides. If you want a delicious cake that's light but still full of flavor, go with Cakes by Happy Eatery!

Sent on 06/05/2010

Meg · Married on 10/10/2009

Our cake was beautiful and it was exactly how I imagined it! They sat down with us and really listened to what we wanted and let us taste many flavors. They were very responsive to our needs and people really complimented how beautiful it was on the cake table!

Sent on 10/28/2009
  • F

Patti · Married on 10/10/2009

My friend and I attended a bridal showcase, where we sampled several different wedding cakes. We both loved the cake from Cakes by Happy Eatery—it was very light and not overly sweet. My fiancé and I then had a tasting with Victoria, and we were both sold. In addition to the wedding cake, we decided to order a groom’s cake. What made this so much fun was that Victoria helped us to create a design based upon my fiancé’s passion for hockey. We didn’t have a rehearsal dinner, so both cakes were served at the wedding reception. Guests enjoyed both cakes so much that, to our surprise, we had very little left over. We enjoyed the cakes so much that we’ve ordered two birthday cakes since the wedding!

Sent on 03/02/2010

Desiree · Married on 10/03/2009

I did not do your traditional cake. We decided on a cupcakes. Our cupcakes turned out better than I could have ever imagined. Not to mention they were delicious. The staff at Cakes by Happy Eatery were awesome, they arrived on time, they were fair on pricing and came highly recommended by our vendor. Not too mention on our 1 year anniversary they make you a new cake. Yum! Cant wait :)

Sent on 01/19/2010

amanda · Married on 09/19/2009

AMAZING...beautiful and delicious. The owner calls you a few days prior to the wedding the confirm

Sent on 10/05/2009
  • F

Stacey · Married on 07/12/2009

I wish I could post a picture here to show you how beautiful the cake was. It was even more delicious than it was pretty, though. It's a good thing that the kitchen staff had the foresight to cut small pieces, because people wanted to try every layer, so I think jest about everyone had multiple servings. We were so dazzled at the tasting, but we finally decided on a layer of chocolate cake with strawberry mousse, a layer of vanilla cake with lemon Bavarian cream, and a layer of red velvet cake with cream cheese. With their mouths still full, people raved to us that this was the best cake they had ever eaten. There were literally only three slices left over, which were wrapped for us to take home from the wedding. I put them in the freezer, since we were leaving on our honeymoon the next day. Two weeks later, when we returned, I took a slice out of the freezer and we shared a slice. We agreed that it was still the best cake we'd ever eaten, although he likes the chocolate better and I love the lemon.

Additionally, Victoria could not have been nicer. We'd been to several wedding shows in search of cake, and endured many attitudes from people didn't deliver, had limited options, and thought of themselves as artists who were forced to interact with the public. Victoria was friendly, helpful, and the cake was...wow! Moist, perfectly flavored, sweet without being cloying. And it looked so beautiful! We went with something simple, but elegant. My husband (I love saying that!) is having a birthday next month, and I offered to go back to Happy Eatery for a cake for his party. He practically drooled in response.

Sent on 08/07/2009

Maria · Married on 06/06/2009

Our cake was delicious and Victoria was very easy to work with!

Sent on 06/16/2009

Melissa · Married on 03/28/2009

OH MY GOODNESS!! I just loved my cake. They were able to take my ideas and make it a reality. It tasted amazing and was so beautiful. They make birthday cakes as well, and I will be getting all of mine from their location from now on.

Sent on 04/20/2009

Neda · Married on 09/26/2008

Victoria made the most amazing cake for us! I wanted a napoleon cake and everywhere we went, they wouldn't make it because they said it was too hard to do as a wedding cake. Victoria at happy eatery was up for the challenge because she had done it before. She did an amazing job and the cake looked amazing!! Better than that, it tasted wonderful! I was so excited to finish dinner at the reception so we could cut the cake and eat it! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/28/2008

KENRICK · Married on 08/31/2008

The cake was setup well in advance on the day of the wedding. Victoria makes extremely delicious, soft, wedding cakes and she is usually at most of the major wedding/bridal shows in the area. Everyone loved how the cake looked and how it tasted. The cost was fair and competitive with other bakeries in the area. Try some of their cakes -- I am sure you won't want a cake from anywhere else!

Sent on 09/06/2008

Peter · Married on 06/20/2008

Thank you Happy Eatery for the gorgeous cake!!

Sent on 11/20/2008

michele · Married on 05/10/2008

OMG! EVERYONE LOVED OUR CAKE! We did not have a traditional cake and our idea was an original one. Victoria and her staff really pulled it off and even better than I could have imagined! We had her replicate hold 9 of the golf course we were married on and she did a phenomenal job! The cake tasted even better than it did in our tasting too! We loved it and heard from the clubhouse that many peopleeven asked to take some home! I am so glad we found her and booked her!

Sent on 05/13/2008

Julie · Married on 03/08/2008

The cake was beautiful! Since we had a smaller wedding we had what they called a "speciality" cake. I was very pleased with the fact that they didn't try to sell us a larger "wedding" cake. Other bakeries I considered would not make a smaller version of a wedding cake and wanted me to purchase something that was way too big for my wedding. The tasting was a lot of fun and very informative. The cake looked exactly like what the pictures was but more beautiful. The guests all enjoyed it and were pleased that it was very moist and yummy!

Sent on 06/24/2008