CakeFest Sugar Art Reviews

CakeFest Sugar Art 5
CakeFest Sugar Art 6
CakeFest Sugar Art 7

Andrea · Married on 10/18/2013

One word: yum! Everyone loved the cake and was excited to have three different options (one with each tier). The cake was absolutely stunning, and Sandra was so patient when I changed the cake concept a month before the big day! Sandra, the owner, is one of the sweetest people you could ever hope to meet. Wedding cake, so I've been told, is normally disliked, however all I heard was compliments and empty plates. Price is competitive with the other 5 vendors I reached out to. Sandra's cake won for taste.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Brandi · Married on 10/12/2013

Cakefest was the most delicious cake I have EVER tasted-hands down. Ms. Spencer is very professional, patient, and down to earth, making it very easy to work with her. We simply told her what we had in mind and showed her a couple pictures and she created a beautiful wedding cake even better than we imagined. Everything was fabulous!
    Highly recommend CakeFest Sugar Art for any cake occasion!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Sandra's cake was amazingly delicious and her sugar work on the cake was beautiful. She was extremely professional during our meeting and was able to provide terrific service on the day of our wedding. If you are looking for a cake for any type of event in the Washington DC, N. Virginia area, stop looking and use Cakefest! The passion fruit cake is amazing, just try it!
    We will definitely be ordering another cake from Cakefest!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Jackie · Married on 08/10/2013

The grooms cake that she made for our wedding reception was beyond our expectations! It was amazing and we absolutely loved working with her. We had the best experience and will definitely be using her in the future for all of our future cakes/occasions!

Sent on 08/23/2013

Sari · event on 06/08/2013

Sandra was such a pleasure to work with. I found a picture of a cake that I liked on her website. I wanted it to be a little different and gave her an idea of what I was looking for. She created the most beautiful cake I've ever seen. It surpassed every expectation I had. Not only was the cake beautiful, it tasted AMAZING! It was the strawberry and cream flavor. Everyone at my party raved about the look and taste of the cake. So many people told me it was the best cake they had ever had.
    Sandra made this whole process so easy. I highly recommend CakeFest Sugar Art. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/09/2013

Dorothy · Married on 05/04/2013

My wedding was held on May 4, 2013 at The Waterford of Springfield in Springfield, VA, and my wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious! Guest were calling us after the ceremony (even on our honeymoon) inquiring about our wedding cake!

We chose 2 layers of Carrot Cake and 1 layer of the Strawberry Cake, it was absolutely scrumptious!!!!

From my initial meeting with Sandra Spencer for the cake tasting, my husband and I were extremely pleased an impressed with her professionalism and warmth she presented. She was very patient as we sampled different tastings, and she explained the ingredients, design, and what will work best for us, with the theme we selected.

Her prices are very affordable, and she's not pushy by trying to "sell" you extras. I'm very pleased with CakeFest Sugar Art, and would definitely use them again.

If you're looking for a Wedding Cake vendor, please choose CakeFest Sugar Art, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Dorothy M. Dale

Sent on 05/25/2013

Kevin · Married on 10/21/2012

Our cake was amazing look good and taste good we got so many compliments not just from friends and family but also people at the Waterford . Thank you so much it was super great . Love Kevin and robbie

Sent on 10/22/2012

Sandra · Married on 09/29/2012

We were absolutely delighted with our wedding cake from CakeFest! We had a wonderful tasting and explained exactly what we wanted and she far exceeded our wishes. The price was right, the delivery went precisely as planned, and everyone raved over the taste of the cake and the exquisite sugar flower. The next time I need a cake, I will certainly be using CakeFest Sugar Art.

Brittane · Married on 07/14/2012

Sandra Spencer from CakeFest Sugar Art was WONDERFUL!! The cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted delicious!! All of our guests raved about how yummy our wedding cake was :-) Our wedding cake included two different flavors (red velvet and cookies & cream). I found a picture of a design for my wedding cake on Pinterest that I fell in love with and Sandra was more than willing to use this picture as inspiration to design a similar cake that incorporated my personal wishes. I would highly recommend using Sandra and CakeFest Sugar Art for any special occasion!!

Sent on 05/05/2013

Great service. Amazing cakes! Very creative. I want to order another cake just for me to eat it all myself!

Sent on 05/19/2013

dilsa · Married on 03/17/2012

It Was A Gorgeous Cake .... And It Was One Of The BesT Tasting Cake I Ever Had ..... Loved It

Morgan · Married on 09/18/2011

Sandra gave us everything we asked for. We wanted our cake to represent us and she hit the nail on the head. I recommend her to everyone I find out wants a cake whether it's for a wedding or any other event. I'm planning to have something made by her for my baby shower if I am still I'm this area.

Sent on 12/05/2013

Mrs. · Married on 09/17/2011

Sandra created my grooms cake for my september wedding. It was a Lego themed cake with lego people and 2 small recreations of my dogs. I got more compliments on this cake than I did my actual wedding cake. It was absolutely delicious and I will keep coming back! Thank you!

Sent on 10/10/2011

Heather · Married on 09/10/2011

Yum, yum, yum! I loved everything! Sandra was so courteous and professional. She was the first bakery that I even visited and I didn't need to see any other vendor - I knew CakeFest was what I wanted! Her prices were great and our wedding & groom's cakes were fantastic!! All of my guests RAVED about how yummy everything was, not one negative comment!

Sent on 10/17/2011

Heather · Married on 02/12/2011

We got my husband's grooms cake from here (iphone with customized apps). The cake was delicious! If we hadn't booked our wedding cake already, I would have gone with her to do that as well. We have used Cakefest for several unique birthday cakes and it is top notch every time! She was even able to make me a gluten free birthday mousse cake that my husband surprised me with! Would recommend Cakefest a million times over!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Sandra Spencer, owner of Cakefest, did an excellent job with our wedding cake. She was accomodating to our requests, crafted the cake wonderfully, delivered it on time, and made it all taste wonderful.

Cakefest is also a very good value for their cost. We would strongly recommend them.

Sent on 02/08/2011

Gail · Married on 06/21/2014

We were blessed to find CakeFest Custom Cakes & Sugar Art while preparing for our wedding. Sandra's professionalism and kindness won us over at first and then her cakes blew us away. I would recommend her services to any and everyone. Thank you, Sandra!

Sent on 06/27/2014

Anhela · Married on 05/24/2014

Sandra was a very helpful and flexible person to work with. The cake she made for our wedding was beautiful, how I wanted it!

Sent on 05/26/2014

Jackie · Married on 08/10/2013

She provided the grooms cake for our wedding reception and it was INCREDIBLE!!

We love her and will be using her in the future for parties and special occasions.

Use her for your wedding cake and/or grooms cake!! You will not be sorry!!!

Sent on 08/23/2013

Myra · event on 07/18/2015

Sandra was a pleasure to work with. She was flexible when I had to keep changing my order. The design and the taste of the cake had exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Toni · Married on 05/31/2018

2.2
      1.0
      2.0
      3.0
      1.0

WARNING - Sandra stated she does not have experience with military cakes though she accepts orders and commits. Be careful as we ordered the flag cake pictured and asked that the gold medallion be Air Force instead. She did not use it and the cake did not look nice without it. She used another AF emblem that was a muddy grey color with blue wings. This was for a retirement ceremony that we had looked forward to for 34 years. We ordered the cake two months ahead to make sure all went well. Greatly disappointed. Emailed Sandra and she was unprofessional and blamed me for not sending her a photo of the medallion. First, she did not ask for a photo and second, all the military cakes shown had the same type of medallion desired so one would think she knew when I said “a medallion like the one in the photo except AF.” Military members know how special and important retirement ceremonies are and the effort and planning that goes into it. I don’t want another military member to have their cake disappoint. The occasion is well earned and a cake maker should respect that. Would not want a wedding cake mistake either.

Sent on 06/19/2018

CakeFest Sugar Art's reply:

CakeFest Sugar Art has done several military cakes. Unfortunately, the wrong Air Force emblem was used on this particular cake. An internet search shows several styles of Air Force emblems, and it was my mistake for not confirming with the customer which specific emblem she was expecting. I apologize again for not confirming this detail before making the cake.