CakeFest Sugar Art Reviews

CakeFest Sugar Art 4
CakeFest Sugar Art 5
CakeFest Sugar Art 6
CakeFest Sugar Art 7

Sandra prepared and created my dream wedding cake for my wedding on September 5, 2015. The tasting went incredibly well and we created the perfect cake right then and there! The cake itself not only looked perfect but tasted AMAZING! All of my guests commented on how great it was :) On top of that, my mother and I baked a "groom's cake" and Sandra was willing to prepare its final touches at the wedding since obviously myself and mother of the bride would be way to busy the day of! I can't say much for the pricing because it was included in my "budget" with Mount Vernon Country Club but I know it was extremely reasonable for the a party of 135 people. I loved the added touch of an "anniversary" topper that would be untouched from guests :) I highly recommend Sandra with CakeFest because she was wonderful to work with and her artwork with cakes is amazing!!! I hope to use her in the future for other events :)

Sent on 09/15/2015

I can't express enough how great it was to work with Sandra at Cakefest for my recent wedding. She is very willing to work with you to ensure your wedding cake vision and needs are met. My wedding cake came out beautiful! Also, her cakes are the best. My wedding guests can't stop talking about how good the cake was. For me personally, I love how fresh the cake still taste as I can't stop nibbling on the left over 2 pieces from my wedding. I would definitely use Cakefest again for my cake needs.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Mona · Married on 08/08/2015

The best cake ever! Our guest are still raving about our beautiful and tasty cake. I highly recommend Cakefest for any occassion. Very professional and very reasonable.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Noura · Married on 08/01/2015

Sandra it's the best baker in Northern VA. I don't have enough words to thank her for my amazing engagement and wedding cake. I am a very busy person so I never had the chance to have a cake taste to meet Sandra face to face. But let me tell you.... Taste and look were beautiful! I was so nervous but it turned out to be perfect. All my guests complimented the taste and looks of the cake. Sandra is a cake artist! Thank you for your professionalism and understanding.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Marie · Married on 07/10/2015

I tested to much cake for our wedding but this one is really good and price was awesome for this kind of cakes. Thank you so much !!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Kristi · Married on 06/19/2015

Sandra is an AMAZING baker, and such a pleasure to work with! She made a custom cake for our wedding that matched the design of our geeky 8-bit video game wedding invitations. Not only did she perfectly match the design, it was the most deliciously amazing cake that me and my husband have ever had. The cake was a HUGE hit with all of our family and friends. I can't say enough nice things about Sandra and her company. Hire her!! You will not be disappointed. :)

Sent on 06/23/2015

Patricia · event on 03/21/2015

I found CakeFest during a search to find a baker for my son's 1st birthday cake and cupcakes. Sandra was extremely responsive and efficient in pricing exactly what I needed. She even suggested some decorative toppers for the cupcakes that I hadn't thought of. She made a cute cake topper and 60 cupcakes for my son's super hero themed party. The cakes also tasted amazing!! By the end of the party, I handed out her business cards to so many interested people. Thank you so much Sandra for helping to make our party memorable. I will definitely suggest your services to anyone in search of a great baker.

Sent on 03/24/2015

Liz · event on 03/15/2015

Sandra at CakeFest was so creative. We gave her a general idea and some photos of what we had in mind and she ran with it. The result was beyond what we were imagining... and delicious.

Sent on 03/18/2015
  • User4887296 · event on 03/14/2015

It was truly a fantastic cake. Really nice to work.

Sent on 03/17/2015

Christie · Married on 10/17/2014

We are SO glad we chose CakeFest Sugar Art to make our dream wedding cake. As a young girl, the one and only thing I knew I'd just have to have at my wedding someday was a Mad Hatter / Whimsical wedding cake. As a matter of fact, it was the first and only thing I had planned when my husband and I first got engaged. So choosing our wedding cake vendor was a big deal! We were impressed with Sandra's portfolio and found that she was so easy to work with. Plus, the cakes we tried at the tasting were delicious! About two weeks prior to the big day, we changed the top tier design, asked her make us a custom topper and we also sent her a figurine of my husband's favorite superhero (Spiderman) so it could "peek out" from under the cake. She added these details without hesitation. The moment we walked into our reception, Sandra's cake was the first thing I saw. And it was flawless. It almost brought a tear to my eye - it was simply perfect. Our guests were very impressed with it too. I was sad to cut it, but not for long because it tasted amazing! Great-looking cakes like that almost never taste that great. But ours was incredible! Even the fondant tasted so good. The taste of the cake was yet another compliment from our guests. Sandra - we cannot thank you enough for your hard work on a beautiful and tasty wedding cake!

Sent on 10/27/2014
  • Soon2bMrsSmith

Brittany · Married on 10/04/2014

Sandra, was great my sister has previously purchased cakes from Sondra and they are always great!!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Wow…Sandra did an amazing job on our wedding cake! We loved the design and it was sooo moist. I was very particular about the cake that I wanted in regards to the shape and design for each tier. Sandra knocked it out of the park. She did an outstanding job with the design. One of the things that worried me about cake vendors was the taste of the cake. We read a lot of reviews about people loving their cake at the tasting but then it being very dry for the wedding. NOT the case with CakeFest Sugar Art. We would recommend her to anyone!

Sandra was one of our easiest vendors to work with! Amongst all the wedding stress it was such a relief to know that she had everything handled and that we didn’t have to worry about her.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Very pleasant to work with. Very creative. Made my dream wedding cake come true.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Roxana` · Married on 09/06/2014

Sandra is amazing, she has magic hands she made my wedding cake dream come true! Thank you so much it was beautiful and pretty tasty! Our guests loved it!

Sent on 09/14/2014

We loved working with Sandra! Her cakes taste as great as they look, and all of our guests were raving about how delicious our wedding cake was.

We knew Sandra was the baker for us as soon as we walked in for our initial consultation. She was so organized and the presentation of the cake samples made us feel special. The toughest part was selecting which flavors to order because they were all so good!

She has a keen eye for detail, and her craftsmanship is impeccable. The three-tiered cake she made for us matched our style exactly. We will be ordering cakes from her for special occasions for years to come!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Veronica · Married on 05/24/2014

Having our wedding cake made by CakeFest Sugar Art was the best decision we made for our wedding! Sandra was very kind and extremely professional. She met with us for over an hour to design the cake, which turned out even better than we could have imagined. Not only was it exactly what we wanted and absolutely beautiful, but - very importantly - it was delicious! This experience has convinced us to go with CakeFest Sugar Art for all of our special celebrations in our future!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Sahar · Married on 05/16/2014

My husband and I chose Sandra from CakeFest Shop as our vendor for our wedding cake and we are so absolutely happy that we did! She is absolutely great! She worked with us very well and listened to what we wanted and definitely delivered. The cake looked and tasted absolutely amazing! You will not be sorry if you choose Sandra for your special event. We also had a dietary restriction and she was happy to help us out. We really appreciate everything she did for us and we will definitely be recommending her to our friends and family and would love to work with her again!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Linda · Married on 05/10/2014

Sandra Spencer of CakeFest was delightful to work with. The tasting was fun. The only problem was choosing among several delectable samples. We couldn't have made a wrong choice. Sandra is also an artist. We wanted an original design that incorporated elements that were special to us, such as butterflies. She came up with a delicious cake that was so beautiful that one of the banquet managers at the reception site (the Omni Shoreham) told me that it was one of the loveliest wedding cakes he had ever seen. Given his job, I expect he has seen quite a few.

Sent on 05/12/2014

Danielle · Married on 05/03/2014

CakeFest Sugar Art was the perfect addition to our wedding! I'm not usually a cake person, and was even considering alternatives to cake but after tasting the samples at CakeFest there was no other viable option! The cake was beautifully decorate - exactly the way we had discussed in our planning meeting. The cake arrived exactly as planned and on time. We had plenty of cake for everyone as the kitchen sheet cake slices are much larger than I anticipated, which is a definite bonus! We received two cake flavors (evenly distributed in the cake) and a separate pre-packaged top-tier cake for our 1st anniversary in the price. CakeFest was willing to change locations at the last minute for us after a short emergency in venues occurred. CakeFest was also very professional about contacting us for all information and payments, as well as working with our smaller budget (without making us fee cheap). The one thing I knew I did not have to worry about being perfect on the big day was the cake, and I was right! I cannot recommend them enough for your big occasion.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2014

Cakefest Sugar Art is AMAZING!!! The cake is extremely delicious and satisfying. Along with amazing customer service the company allows you to truly personalize your cake to match any theme. Choosing Cakefest for my wedding cake was the best decision.

Sent on 04/28/2014

Monica · event on 02/01/2014

I'll give Cakefest Sugar Art 5 stars! Sandra did an awesome job with turning my proposed cake into a reality. This cake looks and taste delicious. I must say this cake is a winner! At the restaurant, we received numerous compliments from strangers! Best cake ever! Also Sandra was very professional. I plan on coming back for a graduation cake!

Sent on 02/03/2014

Patti · Married on 12/21/2013

Sandra was simply incredible - there aren't enough accolades for the exceptional cake she created for our special wedding day. I simply emailed a photo of a cake that I liked and she created a cake that was even more brilliant than the photo I sent her - who knew that was even possible. The detail on the roses she created was outstanding and everyone was most impressed with our incredibly beautiful and most creative cake. Sandra had such patience, professionalism and warmth in speaking with her, that it calmed this anxious bride's nerves even when I was in crisis mode when we had an issue trying to pick up the cake. She went above and beyond the call to get the cake to our location and I couldn't have been more thankful or grateful. My sweet, loving and wonderful husband is fighting cancer with God's grace, goodness and love and every day we pray we are closer to his gift of a miracle of healing and Sandra couldn't have been more understanding and helpful. The bride and groom cake was a small replica of the cake and was outstanding with every bite. I highly recommend Sandra and can't thank her enough for creating the most beautiful and memorable cake which was the hit of the reception. Kudos and more for such an outstanding job and making the most delicious cake. We couldn't get enough photos - it was truly remarkable.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Justin · Married on 11/15/2013

Wonderful experience. Sandra was not only kind, sweet, and accomodaing, but was so easy to work with. In fact, the one piece of my wedding that wasnt work! The cake was amazing and beautiful. I couldnt have wanted anything else. I will definately use this business again for ALL my occasions! Thanks again!

Sent on 11/16/2013
  • Lynn L

Lynn · Married on 10/19/2013

Love love love Sandra and her creativity! Sandra was recommended by our Catering Manager and it was a recommendation that I will gladly take over and over! We got our groom's cake and inlaw's 50th Anniversary cake from her and it was simply stunning! The design was flawless and the cake was delicious in every bite! Sandra was so friendly during our initial meeting - she made you feel welcome and can ask any questions you may have.

I will certainly be ordering more cakes from her.....every event that will require a cake, she's the one I will call to! Thank you for being such an amazing baker!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Monica · Married on 10/19/2013

From beginning to end, working with CakeFest was easy and professional - important to me because I live in Hawaii and got married in D.C. I did a special Marine's dress uniform grooms cake for my fiancée that we had at the rehearsal lunch. When I showed up everything was prepared and everyone loved it, especially my groom. My family are red velvet addicts and everyone LOVED it. It was delicious. Thanks so much!

Sent on 11/08/2013