CakeFest Sugar Art Reviews

CakeFest Sugar Art 1
CakeFest Sugar Art 2
CakeFest Sugar Art 3

Marie · Married on 07/10/2015

I tested to much cake for our wedding but this one is really good and price was awesome for this kind of cakes. Thank you so much !!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Kristi · Married on 06/19/2015

Sandra is an AMAZING baker, and such a pleasure to work with! She made a custom cake for our wedding that matched the design of our geeky 8-bit video game wedding invitations. Not only did she perfectly match the design, it was the most deliciously amazing cake that me and my husband have ever had. The cake was a HUGE hit with all of our family and friends. I can't say enough nice things about Sandra and her company. Hire her!! You will not be disappointed. :)

Sent on 06/23/2015

Christie · Married on 10/17/2014

We are SO glad we chose CakeFest Sugar Art to make our dream wedding cake. As a young girl, the one and only thing I knew I'd just have to have at my wedding someday was a Mad Hatter / Whimsical wedding cake. As a matter of fact, it was the first and only thing I had planned when my husband and I first got engaged. So choosing our wedding cake vendor was a big deal! We were impressed with Sandra's portfolio and found that she was so easy to work with. Plus, the cakes we tried at the tasting were delicious! About two weeks prior to the big day, we changed the top tier design, asked her make us a custom topper and we also sent her a figurine of my husband's favorite superhero (Spiderman) so it could "peek out" from under the cake. She added these details without hesitation. The moment we walked into our reception, Sandra's cake was the first thing I saw. And it was flawless. It almost brought a tear to my eye - it was simply perfect. Our guests were very impressed with it too. I was sad to cut it, but not for long because it tasted amazing! Great-looking cakes like that almost never taste that great. But ours was incredible! Even the fondant tasted so good. The taste of the cake was yet another compliment from our guests. Sandra - we cannot thank you enough for your hard work on a beautiful and tasty wedding cake!

Sent on 10/27/2014
  • Soon2bMrsSmith

Brittany · Married on 10/04/2014

Sandra, was great my sister has previously purchased cakes from Sondra and they are always great!!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Wow…Sandra did an amazing job on our wedding cake! We loved the design and it was sooo moist. I was very particular about the cake that I wanted in regards to the shape and design for each tier. Sandra knocked it out of the park. She did an outstanding job with the design. One of the things that worried me about cake vendors was the taste of the cake. We read a lot of reviews about people loving their cake at the tasting but then it being very dry for the wedding. NOT the case with CakeFest Sugar Art. We would recommend her to anyone!

Sandra was one of our easiest vendors to work with! Amongst all the wedding stress it was such a relief to know that she had everything handled and that we didn’t have to worry about her.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Very pleasant to work with. Very creative. Made my dream wedding cake come true.

Sent on 10/21/2014

Roxana` · Married on 09/06/2014

Sandra is amazing, she has magic hands she made my wedding cake dream come true! Thank you so much it was beautiful and pretty tasty! Our guests loved it!

Sent on 09/14/2014

We loved working with Sandra! Her cakes taste as great as they look, and all of our guests were raving about how delicious our wedding cake was.

We knew Sandra was the baker for us as soon as we walked in for our initial consultation. She was so organized and the presentation of the cake samples made us feel special. The toughest part was selecting which flavors to order because they were all so good!

She has a keen eye for detail, and her craftsmanship is impeccable. The three-tiered cake she made for us matched our style exactly. We will be ordering cakes from her for special occasions for years to come!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Veronica · Married on 05/24/2014

Having our wedding cake made by CakeFest Sugar Art was the best decision we made for our wedding! Sandra was very kind and extremely professional. She met with us for over an hour to design the cake, which turned out even better than we could have imagined. Not only was it exactly what we wanted and absolutely beautiful, but - very importantly - it was delicious! This experience has convinced us to go with CakeFest Sugar Art for all of our special celebrations in our future!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Sahar · Married on 05/16/2014

My husband and I chose Sandra from CakeFest Shop as our vendor for our wedding cake and we are so absolutely happy that we did! She is absolutely great! She worked with us very well and listened to what we wanted and definitely delivered. The cake looked and tasted absolutely amazing! You will not be sorry if you choose Sandra for your special event. We also had a dietary restriction and she was happy to help us out. We really appreciate everything she did for us and we will definitely be recommending her to our friends and family and would love to work with her again!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Linda · Married on 05/10/2014

Sandra Spencer of CakeFest was delightful to work with. The tasting was fun. The only problem was choosing among several delectable samples. We couldn't have made a wrong choice. Sandra is also an artist. We wanted an original design that incorporated elements that were special to us, such as butterflies. She came up with a delicious cake that was so beautiful that one of the banquet managers at the reception site (the Omni Shoreham) told me that it was one of the loveliest wedding cakes he had ever seen. Given his job, I expect he has seen quite a few.

Sent on 05/12/2014

Danielle · Married on 05/03/2014

CakeFest Sugar Art was the perfect addition to our wedding! I'm not usually a cake person, and was even considering alternatives to cake but after tasting the samples at CakeFest there was no other viable option! The cake was beautifully decorate - exactly the way we had discussed in our planning meeting. The cake arrived exactly as planned and on time. We had plenty of cake for everyone as the kitchen sheet cake slices are much larger than I anticipated, which is a definite bonus! We received two cake flavors (evenly distributed in the cake) and a separate pre-packaged top-tier cake for our 1st anniversary in the price. CakeFest was willing to change locations at the last minute for us after a short emergency in venues occurred. CakeFest was also very professional about contacting us for all information and payments, as well as working with our smaller budget (without making us fee cheap). The one thing I knew I did not have to worry about being perfect on the big day was the cake, and I was right! I cannot recommend them enough for your big occasion.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Jessica · Married on 04/27/2014

Cakefest Sugar Art is AMAZING!!! The cake is extremely delicious and satisfying. Along with amazing customer service the company allows you to truly personalize your cake to match any theme. Choosing Cakefest for my wedding cake was the best decision.

Sent on 04/28/2014

Patti · Married on 12/21/2013

Sandra was simply incredible - there aren't enough accolades for the exceptional cake she created for our special wedding day. I simply emailed a photo of a cake that I liked and she created a cake that was even more brilliant than the photo I sent her - who knew that was even possible. The detail on the roses she created was outstanding and everyone was most impressed with our incredibly beautiful and most creative cake. Sandra had such patience, professionalism and warmth in speaking with her, that it calmed this anxious bride's nerves even when I was in crisis mode when we had an issue trying to pick up the cake. She went above and beyond the call to get the cake to our location and I couldn't have been more thankful or grateful. My sweet, loving and wonderful husband is fighting cancer with God's grace, goodness and love and every day we pray we are closer to his gift of a miracle of healing and Sandra couldn't have been more understanding and helpful. The bride and groom cake was a small replica of the cake and was outstanding with every bite. I highly recommend Sandra and can't thank her enough for creating the most beautiful and memorable cake which was the hit of the reception. Kudos and more for such an outstanding job and making the most delicious cake. We couldn't get enough photos - it was truly remarkable.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Justin · Married on 11/15/2013

Wonderful experience. Sandra was not only kind, sweet, and accomodaing, but was so easy to work with. In fact, the one piece of my wedding that wasnt work! The cake was amazing and beautiful. I couldnt have wanted anything else. I will definately use this business again for ALL my occasions! Thanks again!

Sent on 11/16/2013
  • Lynn L

Lynn · Married on 10/19/2013

Love love love Sandra and her creativity! Sandra was recommended by our Catering Manager and it was a recommendation that I will gladly take over and over! We got our groom's cake and inlaw's 50th Anniversary cake from her and it was simply stunning! The design was flawless and the cake was delicious in every bite! Sandra was so friendly during our initial meeting - she made you feel welcome and can ask any questions you may have.

I will certainly be ordering more cakes from her.....every event that will require a cake, she's the one I will call to! Thank you for being such an amazing baker!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Monica · Married on 10/19/2013

From beginning to end, working with CakeFest was easy and professional - important to me because I live in Hawaii and got married in D.C. I did a special Marine's dress uniform grooms cake for my fiancée that we had at the rehearsal lunch. When I showed up everything was prepared and everyone loved it, especially my groom. My family are red velvet addicts and everyone LOVED it. It was delicious. Thanks so much!

Sent on 11/08/2013

Andrea · Married on 10/18/2013

One word: yum! Everyone loved the cake and was excited to have three different options (one with each tier). The cake was absolutely stunning, and Sandra was so patient when I changed the cake concept a month before the big day! Sandra, the owner, is one of the sweetest people you could ever hope to meet. Wedding cake, so I've been told, is normally disliked, however all I heard was compliments and empty plates. Price is competitive with the other 5 vendors I reached out to. Sandra's cake won for taste.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Brandi · Married on 10/12/2013

Cakefest was the most delicious cake I have EVER tasted-hands down. Ms. Spencer is very professional, patient, and down to earth, making it very easy to work with her. We simply told her what we had in mind and showed her a couple pictures and she created a beautiful wedding cake even better than we imagined. Everything was fabulous!
    Highly recommend CakeFest Sugar Art for any cake occasion!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Sandra's cake was amazingly delicious and her sugar work on the cake was beautiful. She was extremely professional during our meeting and was able to provide terrific service on the day of our wedding. If you are looking for a cake for any type of event in the Washington DC, N. Virginia area, stop looking and use Cakefest! The passion fruit cake is amazing, just try it!
    We will definitely be ordering another cake from Cakefest!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Jackie · Married on 08/10/2013

The grooms cake that she made for our wedding reception was beyond our expectations! It was amazing and we absolutely loved working with her. We had the best experience and will definitely be using her in the future for all of our future cakes/occasions!

Sent on 08/23/2013

Dorothy · Married on 05/04/2013

My wedding was held on May 4, 2013 at The Waterford of Springfield in Springfield, VA, and my wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious! Guest were calling us after the ceremony (even on our honeymoon) inquiring about our wedding cake!

We chose 2 layers of Carrot Cake and 1 layer of the Strawberry Cake, it was absolutely scrumptious!!!!

From my initial meeting with Sandra Spencer for the cake tasting, my husband and I were extremely pleased an impressed with her professionalism and warmth she presented. She was very patient as we sampled different tastings, and she explained the ingredients, design, and what will work best for us, with the theme we selected.

Her prices are very affordable, and she's not pushy by trying to "sell" you extras. I'm very pleased with CakeFest Sugar Art, and would definitely use them again.

If you're looking for a Wedding Cake vendor, please choose CakeFest Sugar Art, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Dorothy M. Dale

Sent on 05/25/2013

Kevin · Married on 10/21/2012

Our cake was amazing look good and taste good we got so many compliments not just from friends and family but also people at the Waterford . Thank you so much it was super great . Love Kevin and robbie

Sent on 10/22/2012

Sandra · Married on 09/29/2012

We were absolutely delighted with our wedding cake from CakeFest! We had a wonderful tasting and explained exactly what we wanted and she far exceeded our wishes. The price was right, the delivery went precisely as planned, and everyone raved over the taste of the cake and the exquisite sugar flower. The next time I need a cake, I will certainly be using CakeFest Sugar Art.

Sent on 05/05/2013

Brittane · Married on 07/14/2012

Sandra Spencer from CakeFest Sugar Art was WONDERFUL!! The cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted delicious!! All of our guests raved about how yummy our wedding cake was :-) Our wedding cake included two different flavors (red velvet and cookies & cream). I found a picture of a design for my wedding cake on Pinterest that I fell in love with and Sandra was more than willing to use this picture as inspiration to design a similar cake that incorporated my personal wishes. I would highly recommend using Sandra and CakeFest Sugar Art for any special occasion!!

Sent on 05/05/2013