CakeFest Sugar Art Reviews

CakeFest Sugar Art 1
CakeFest Sugar Art 2
CakeFest Sugar Art 3

Chris A. · Married on 11/11/2018

Promoting service and delicious cakes

My wife and I first got our cake for our wedding, the cake was so good that we only got a taste at the cutting! Our guests finished it all up. We had a cake testing and received truly a promoting service the entire time. From communication, to tips with the cake, and any type of special requests. We recently bought another cake for our baby shower. This time we made sure to save a few slices for ourselves! Recommend to all our family and friends and if you’re considering trust us you won’t be dissapointed!

Emily · Married on 08/19/2018

The cake was awesome! We loved it at the cake testing and our guests were blown away by how delicious it was! Multiple guests told us it was the best cake they have ever had and we agree! It was also beautifully decorated and a great value! We couldn't be happier!

• AugustBride

Ursula · Married on 08/11/2018

I am so happy we found Sandra and cakefest! It was our third tasting and our very last and it's true when they say save the best for last! Her cakes were so soft and delicious. I honestly cannot wait until the wedding for everyone to see how amazing her cakes are! She also provided us different quotes which I appreciate. As many business do indeed try to charge you the highest price, Sandra asked is what we wanted and we gave her two ideas she gave us literally from option A to G with pricing. AMAZING! Truly recommend her!!

Edith · Married on 06/08/2018

After 23 years of military service, multiple promotions,multiple high school graduations, etc, I do consider myself a qualified "cake critic". Simply stated, this place is by far the best cake I have ever had. We recently ordered for a high school graduation cake. Or was perfect....from design to taste. Very moist, well layered proportions, and extremely tasty. Sandra is a must if it is cake that you need. So, we ordered the cupcakes as well. And just like the cake, perfect. Moist, flavorful, and just the perfect amount of sweetness in the icing. Best of all, her customer service can not be matched. She is the nicest lady focused on ensuring your vision is made into reality. She even offers a cake tasting. As long as I live in the Northern Virginia area she is the one I will go to.

CakeFest Sugar Art 4
    CakeFest Sugar Art 5
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 10/06/2017

Sandra at CakeFest made the best cake I have ever had for my October wedding. Not only was it absolutely gorgeous, it tasted spectacular. Sandra was recommended to me by an acquaintance who was absolutely adamant that my husband and I hire Sandra for our wedding cake, and it was some of the best advice I received. Sandra was the only baker we consulted because after we visited her for a tasting we didn’t need to meet with anyone else. For the tasting, we got to try three flavors and for one of the flavors she even made an extra filling. We chose 2 flavors: the passionfruit vanilla (for me) and the chocolate raspberry (for husband), and both were simply divine.

At the tasting we also discussed design and budget. As a geologist, I wanted to continue the geode wedding cake trend. Sandra hadn’t made a geode cake before, but after going through some pictures she developed a plan that was exactly what I was hoping for. For our wedding of ~100 people, Sandra helped us design a modified 2-tiered cake that would feed ~half the guests, then she would make a sheet cake to feed the remaining guests (the guests have no idea that not every slice of cake comes from the tiered cake). This really helped us with our budget, and she also talked through several other budget-friendly options with us.

I was so excited for the cake at the wedding that I actually hired Sandra to make my husband a beer bottle-shaped birthday cake ~5 months before the wedding. After I saw that masterpiece, I couldn’t wait for the wedding – and Sandra didn’t disappoint. The cake was absolutely stunning and everything I hoped it would be. I was able to snag a piece of the passionfruit (and ate it while on the dance floor) and a lot of guests told us just how delicious the cake was. I would recommend Sandra to anyone planning a wedding or gathering where a cake is required! Her speedy responses and super friendly attitude made working with her that much more enjoyable. Thank you, Sandra!

Pallavi · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I hired Sandra to create our wedding cake. It was not only absolutely gorgeous -- it was also the most delicious cake that either of us had ever tasted!

Cakefest was one of a small handful of cake vendors that we contacted during our planning process. From the beginning, Sandra was kind, responsive, professional, and genuinely excited about being a part of our big day. Her pricing was generous, and every flavor we tried could have potentially served as our wedding cake. Ultimately, we chose two flavors: vanilla cake with mango curd and Grand Marnier buttercream, and chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and fresh raspberry buttercream. Both were raved about by all our guests!

In addition to the wedding cakes, Sandra also provided us with a miniature cake for us to have on our honeymoon or anniversary (free of charge!). Overall, every aspect of our experience was incredible -- we really can't recommend CakeFest enough.

CakeFest Sugar Art 6

Cheryl · Married on 05/28/2017

The cake was beautiful and the taste, delicious. I got the best of both worlds with this cake.

Stephanie · Married on 12/02/2016

Sandra has now done two events for me and she just went above and beyond everyone loves the cakes she did and I can't wait to work with her again

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/01/2016

Sandra was awesome! When we were looking for a place to have our wedding cake made, I called around a couple of places and they were mainly very rude. My husband and I were on somewhat of a strict budget and a lot of the wedding cake vendors I spoke to were not accommodating at all. They rushed our conversation like they did not want us as customers. Sandra on the other hand, she was so kind! We were in a rush because our schedules are a bit hard to work with. When I called Sandra and asked to come for a taste test, at first she told me that she was booked but when I told her of our schedule conflict, she did her best to make time for us the following day! Other places were saying at least 2-3 weeks which we just did not have time for.

She had us fill out some general information about our wedding and had us select a couple of flavors from her menu (she has great selections of flavors). When we came in for the taste test, we were greeted like family. She sat us down at the table, gave both of us plates with delicious slices of cake on it. We were absolutely in love with her cake! We instantly decided to book her to make our wedding cake. She gave us different options of sizes and add-ons for our cake. I already had a design I wanted for our cake in which she mentioned that she might not be able to make it exactly the same, but to my surprise, I received an e-mail from her a few days later stating that she was able to find the exact stencil for the design I wanted! My husband and I literally craved her cake for the longest time and were looking forward to our wedding day to see the final product! (We picked the lemon poppy seed and vanilla with fresh fruits added into the layers).

Finally, the day of our wedding. Not only was the cake beautiful, it was the most delicious cake ever!!! She even made us a gift bag with yummy treats! I would definitely recommend her to other couples.

Kelly · Married on 09/17/2016

Sandra was fantastic and I knew I had to book CakeFest Sugar Art from the moment I arrived for the tasting! The tasting was by far my favorite part of wedding planning. Sandra prepared a variety of cakes and cupcakes for us to sample. I was able to bring my parents along and they enjoyed every minute! I loved all of the samples so much, I opted to do cupcakes and selected 5 different flavors. I also had a small 6" tier of the tuxedo cake to cut (I was so sad when I didn't have a chance to finish the slice my husband and I cut at the reception! I definitely made up for it the next day when I ate 3 leftover slices :))

Sandra set up the cupcakes on the stand I provided (she also has gorgeous stands available to rent -- I was just looking for something disposable that would hold all of the cupcakes) So many guests commented on how pretty it looked, as well as how delicious the cupcakes were! Sandra provided a gluten free dozen, since we had a lot of gluten free guests at the wedding, and those were the first to go! One gluten free guest said that they were the best cupcakes she has ever tasted, and another told me that she ate 3 of them. I learned that while I ordered the same ratio of cupcakes to guest for both gluten free and regular, next time when I am planning an event I will definitely get extra gluten free :)

I would definitely recommend Sandra for her attention to detail, and quality! She was very responsive throughout the entire planning process, and flexible when I changed the order based on guest RSVPs. I hope to have another excuse to order cake/cupcakes in the future, and I plan to recommend her to all of my friends!

Sandra is great to work with. She is flexible and responsive and has a warm and bubbly personality. With all of her experience, she's able to provide well thought out suggestions and recommendations.

We had shown Sandra different pictures of cakes and what attributes we liked from each. She took our design and delivered exactly what we wanted (Semi naked cake with a gold tier in between). We LOVED our cake and so did our guests. It's been several weeks since after our wedding and we're still receiving compliments about the look and flavor of our cake. Her cakes are moist and we highly recommend the Vanilla Passion with Fresh Strawberries and Dark Chocolate Raspberry. The fresh fruit in the cake topped it off! We went to a few cake tastings and Cakefest definitely was our #1 choice.

Additionally, she also provided a complementary anniversary tier, which not all cake vendors offer. I'd definitely recommend Cakefest for wedding cakes and will go back for other occasions. You won't be disappointed!

• Melinda

Melinda · Married on 08/06/2016

I cannot wait to see and eat my wedding cake! This vendor was recommended by my reception site wedding coordinator and turned out to be the best wedding cake I've ever had. My bridesmaids and I devoured the tasting cakes and Sandra could not have been more helpful. She looked at the pictures I had pinned of cakes and designs I liked and created an original design that is absolutely STUNNING. Great cake. Great service. Great person. I know that all of my guests are going to be amazed at this cake. If you want the most delicious gourmet cake for your event, then call Sandra at CakeFest.

Lauren · Married on 07/08/2016

Cannot say enough positive things about CakeFest!!! The cake was FABULOUS!!! Melt in your mouth PERFECT!!!! And it looked absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Sandra was very professional and an absolute joy to work with!

Christine · Married on 05/29/2016

Words cannot even express how thrilled we were with how our wedding cake turned out! We gave Sandra a picture of the design we wanted and the results were above and beyond our expectations! The cake was EPIC! Our guests were floored and everyone raved about the flavors - half of the cake was strawberries & cream vanilla cake with mango curd and a Grand Marnier cream and the other half was a reverse tuxedo vanilla and chocolate cake with both fudge ganache and vanilla mousse. Sadly, I only got a bite of cake at the wedding but the best part is... Sandra makes you a completely separate cake topper for you to share the next day or to freeze and share on your anniversary! For a different occasion, I ordered cupcakes for my husband's birthday and they too were delicious! I can't wait for the next party, just so I can order another cake from CakeFest! I promise you, you will NOT be disappointed!

Sandra was great during our tasting (she was actually the first cake vendor we visited), we got to try the cake flavors we set up beforehand and she also provided some additional filling options (the passion fruit curd was amazing!). We went over designs with photos and ideas we brought with us (we had a lot of different designs we liked). After visiting a few other cake shops, we had a better idea of the designs we wanted and came back to Sandra and she quoted us for our new design. We went with Sandra for the flavor of her cakes, how awesome the designs are that she has done, and how professional she was. We got a 4-tier wedding cake (vanilla cake with passion fruit curd and strawberries and cream), and also a groomscake for our rehearsal dinner (chocolate cake, with fresh raspberries, and chocolate ganache).
    We were stunned by the designs of both cakes, including how realistic the book cake (grooms design), you could even see the "pages" on the three sides. She made our design ideas come to life! highly recommend.

She also was available for making vegan cupcakes (which we didn't end up needing as our vegan guests were not able to attend our wedding). I can't comment on the taste since we didn't end up getting them, but great that she was able to make them if we needed!

Madison · Married on 05/01/2016

We first met Sandra at our Cake Tasting from her own home kitchen and instantly fell in love with her cakes; ESPECIALLY the red velvet cake. Sandra was extremely understanding and was able to work with us and gave us expert and honest advise on selecting the right options for our cake without trying to pushing something we didn't really want. Sandra's expertise really showed on the wedding day when she arranged the cake flowers on our red-velvet-and-vanilla-with-passion-fruit-curd-masterpiece just like how we wanted it in the photo we shared with her. We got lots of comments on how delicious our cake was! We wish to send a big THANK YOU to Sandra for making our big day a lot sweeter.

Monica · Married on 02/28/2016

I order 4 level cake and it was awesome !!! thanks for your help guys !

Our wedding cake was incredible - it looked beautiful and tasted amazing! Sandra was a pleasure to work with, from first meeting her at the consultation to the final stages of planning.

THE BEST WEDDING CAKE WE HAVE EVER HAD! My guests said that they were floored with how amazing both of our flavors were! She did custom flavors for us and made it EXACTLY what we wanted and more. Not only did the cake taste like a dream but it looked beautiful, too! It's hard to get both and she definitely will make it happen!

Carolina · Married on 09/19/2015

Sandra was great from the beginning, I was a little nervous of how our cake was going to look since we had discussed the design and the colors but I did not have an image to go with it. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the cake, it was absolutely gorgeous! I got soooo many compliments and people kept asking me who made our cake. It was not only beautiful, it was delicious. I would definitely recommend CakeFest to everyone. One last thing, Sandra was kind enough to box the top tier cake so we could save it for our one year anniversary, unfortunately, the catering company misplaced it and after I contacted Sandra to let her know she told me she would be happy to make us the top tier again at no cost. She is great and my husband and I were very pleased with her services.

Sandra prepared and created my dream wedding cake for my wedding on September 5, 2015. The tasting went incredibly well and we created the perfect cake right then and there! The cake itself not only looked perfect but tasted AMAZING! All of my guests commented on how great it was :) On top of that, my mother and I baked a "groom's cake" and Sandra was willing to prepare its final touches at the wedding since obviously myself and mother of the bride would be way to busy the day of! I can't say much for the pricing because it was included in my "budget" with Mount Vernon Country Club but I know it was extremely reasonable for the a party of 135 people. I loved the added touch of an "anniversary" topper that would be untouched from guests :) I highly recommend Sandra with CakeFest because she was wonderful to work with and her artwork with cakes is amazing!!! I hope to use her in the future for other events :)

I can't express enough how great it was to work with Sandra at Cakefest for my recent wedding. She is very willing to work with you to ensure your wedding cake vision and needs are met. My wedding cake came out beautiful! Also, her cakes are the best. My wedding guests can't stop talking about how good the cake was. For me personally, I love how fresh the cake still taste as I can't stop nibbling on the left over 2 pieces from my wedding. I would definitely use Cakefest again for my cake needs.

Mona · Married on 08/08/2015

The best cake ever! Our guest are still raving about our beautiful and tasty cake. I highly recommend Cakefest for any occassion. Very professional and very reasonable.

Noura · Married on 08/01/2015

Sandra it's the best baker in Northern VA. I don't have enough words to thank her for my amazing engagement and wedding cake. I am a very busy person so I never had the chance to have a cake taste to meet Sandra face to face. But let me tell you.... Taste and look were beautiful! I was so nervous but it turned out to be perfect. All my guests complimented the taste and looks of the cake. Sandra is a cake artist! Thank you for your professionalism and understanding.

Marie · Married on 07/10/2015

I tested to much cake for our wedding but this one is really good and price was awesome for this kind of cakes. Thank you so much !!