Cake Sensations Reviews

42 | South Pasadena, CA

42 Reviews for Cake Sensations

Stephanie · Married on 04/22/2017

Absolutely loved my cake!! The design was exactly as I asked and the taste was amazing!! Can't wait to eat the top tier on my 1 year anniversary! All the guest had great things to say about the look and how it tasted.. of course I had each tier a different flavor. Would definitely recommend cake sensations.. from the minute we had a cake tasting we knew we'd be satisfied with the outcome.

erin · Married on 11/12/2016

I worked with Lauren at Cake Sensations! She was very helpful. The cake came with our catering package. The samples were great -- so many flavors -- it was hard to choose. The cake looked beautiful at our reception. I just wish I had remembered to try each layer!

Ashley · Married on 07/23/2016

We used there services for our wedding cake which was beautiful. We loved everything about our cake. The price was also very affordable specially since we needed cake for 260 people the price was great. Our cake was everything we envisioned.

Armando · Married on 10/17/2015

Cake Sensations made our day more special. The cake was amazing. Exactly what we wanted and the taste was on point. Reasonable price that made us stay on budget.
    Thank you!

Kirstin · Married on 10/17/2015

I chose Cake Sensations for my wedding cake and everyone could not stop talking about how beautiful the cake was! Very delicious too! I decided to go with buttercream because I don't really like fondant. I had my doubts about how the cake would turn out, but the artists at Cake Sensations really know what they're doing! I could not believe they decorated with buttercream.

I went to the cake tasting by myself because my husband couldn't make it and they were so nice and gave me a bunch of samples so he could try them at home. I highly recommend Cake Sensations! Thank you again!

Margaret · Married on 06/20/2015

This bakery is the best!! Reasonably priced and super moist cakes you can totally custom build. Employees are there to assist you throughout the entire process. I would definitely recommend them and I'll continue to use them for my other events! What a great find!!!

Summer · Married on 09/06/2014

They took a drawing I had made of what I wanted my cake to look like and made it a reality. Can not recommend their services more highly! Staff was very friendly, cake was delicious, they did great work, and very affordable! I will most definitely be using them for future events!

Melanie · Married on 02/22/2014

This cake shop is absolutely fabulous. One of the best cakes we have ever had. The price was affordable and the cake is delicious. Highly recommend

Lupe · Married on 08/03/2013

Cindy was great to work with. I found her bakery through my caterer. At the food tasting, she sent me a sample of all the cake flavors I could choose from. Then, when I met with her to discuss my decoration ideas, she made me a small cake with 4 different styles of decorations so that I could visualize my choices. Several guests commented that the cake was great and it looked fabulous! She is very reasonably priced too!

Delicious and beautiful! The cake tasted just as good on our 1 year anniversary as it did on our wedding day!

• Mrs. Dees

Ivy · Married on 06/29/2013

Cake sensations was amazing!! The cake was so delicious and beautiful. The customer service was excellent and they gave me great ideas for my cake design. The cake was included in my venue package, however any extras were very reasonable. I ended up paying less than $40 for extras for a cake for 300 guests! I love cake sensations and will recommend them to everyone!

Beautiful work!!! The cake was made exactly how we wanted it! It was perfect and delicious!!

Joyce · Married on 04/02/2013

The cake turned up great ...my guest kept asking for more.

Rebecca · Married on 01/18/2013

Love my wedding cake!!! They are really nice and affordable. The cakes are really Yummy!

• Kyle

Kyle · Married on 10/20/2012

Looks can be deceiving and this place proves it. Its small, the inside isn't elaborate and over the top like some other places, but boy howdy is the cake good! We tried several (all amazing) samples and chose the lemon cake with a raspberry chiffon cream filling with buttercream frosting. We loved it, our guests loved it, and one year later on our anniversary we STILL love it! And ps, the prices are GREAT and they had our cake ready on time.
    Don't expect when you go in their to get a lot of hand holding and attention. They're going to give you some samples and a book of pictures with prices and that's kind of it. They will do any design you want though, just bring them a picture. And they will also do fresh flowers, but you must provide them.
    If you're looking for a yummy cake at fair prices check them out, you will not be disappointed!

• User2046778 · 2+ years ago

Cake Sensations was great! They made us a beautiful cupcake tower and gave us MANY samples to choose from. They really took time to make sure you got what you wanted.

Aldrige · Married on 07/07/2012

Cake was the best and we loved how they really tried to be flexible and gave us the idea we want. Thank you.

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 06/23/2012

The cake provided by Cake Sensations was DELICIOUS. Everyone loved the way my cake looked and how it tasted. I was able to get 5 tiers with different flavors for each. This allowed for folks to sample multiple flavors. The Cake itself was the centerpiece of the reception and it was expertly decorated. I simply sent them a photo/paint cartoon drawing and they created it even better than I could have imagined. They did everything I asked with frosting, printed rice paper and ribbon. I didn't need fondont to make my cake look elaborate!

I would definitely hire them again for another cake for a major event.

Erin · Married on 05/26/2012

I LOVED my cake from Cake Sensations! It was beautiful, simple, and (most importantly) delicious! I didn't hear much from them, but they were very professional and made sure everything went smoothly with delivery, etc.

Mary · Married on 04/01/2012

We loved Cake Sensations. We got a delicious, beautiful cake. The cake was still fresh and delicious even two weeks after the wedding (while we tried to finish it all!).
    This vendor was included as part of a package at our venue, and we were so glad they were! They were very nice and helpful, with lots of samples to try. And to help us decide on a design, they made us a small sample cake with four options of designs on it (one quarter per design). It was such a nice sample of what we'd be getting on our wedding day.
    The cake that we got on our day was perfect and beautiful. We could not have been happier, and everyone loved the taste too! We highly recommend them!!!

Paulette · Married on 03/17/2012

Best place to get a wedding cake!! Our wedding cake was probably the best i've ever tasted. Cindy the owner did an amazing job getting the cake to look the way I wanted it to look. What really sold me on cake sensations was how confident she was on her cakes she actually made a small sample of the cake for you to take home and taste with no obligation. Since our wedding i've already placed another order with her for a birthday cake, Cake sensations is definately going to be our chose of bakery from now on.

Ann · Married on 03/10/2012

Cake Sensations was an awesome choice for our wedding cake! They were professional, organized, and had samples of almost every kind of cake/filling they offered. Going in for a consultation was an experience in itself. They provided samples of every kind to try of their cakes, sat down and drew out 4 design options of what we may want for our cake and then told us to come back in a week to pick up the prototype. One week later, we went back and received a small cake (6-8 inches) and there were 4 of our design options in the flesh so we could see exactly what they would look like. We also received a box of more cake samples. This is all without a signed contract or any obligation to use them. That in itself is impressive. What was even better was that the designs were exactly what we were looking for and the cake - so wonderfully delicious! Everyone at our wedding loved all of the flavors of our 4-tier cake.

I would HIGHLY recommend Cake Sensations for everyone's cake needs - I will definitely be going back to order cakes for birthdays, etc.

Robyn · Married on 02/25/2012

Our cake was so beautiful!! It was really simple, yet beautiful. The service at this bakery is phenomenal...they are very patient, and are very detailed oriented. We had our fresh flowers delivered to them a day prior to the wedding. It was just perfect. The pricing is also very very reasonable. Our cake looked as though we spent a fortune, but we really didnt.

Best of all, their cake is soooo yummy. Our guests loved our cake!! We had different flavors for each tier. We had such a blast to go there for the cake tasting...yummmmy!!!

Maria · Married on 11/05/2011

This place is awesome. All the flavors are so delicious I couldn't decide on only one flavor. Cindy, the owner, is so great that she made me an 8' round cake with three designs of my choice, for free!. She also made it with my favorite flavor. The red velvet is absolutely the best. My cake was beautiful and all my guests loved the strawberry chiffon, carrot cake, and red velvet.

Kelly · Married on 10/29/2011

Cindy not only makes delicious and lovely cakes, but she really gives you a sense of calm in the wedding madness. When she said to me 'don't worry, we'll take care of it,' she meant it and she did. We had a three tier cake - red velvet, banana, and carrot. All three flavors were delicious. We knew it would be great, so we had the caterer save some of each layer for us to eat later instead of freezing the top. Best decision!

Her prices simply cannot be beat, but our cake looked so amazing we overheard one guest say 'I don't even want to know what that cost!!' She doesn't do fondant, but who needs it! Don't be put off by a store front set of displays that need updating, the cake and decorating are both top notch.