Cake & Islands Reviews

Cake & Islands 6
Cake & Islands 7

Sarah · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful and Delicious!

Carolyn was an absolute pleasure to work with and was extremely responsive throughout the entire process. She was originally busy the day of our wedding, but because we chose a smaller cake she was happy to squeeze it in and make it work. I wasn't a cake person going into this, but she's since turned me into one! The cake was absolutely delicious and beautiful. We received so many compliments on it the day of our wedding! We can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 03/26/2019

Erin · Married on 09/21/2018

Delish cake; extra delish service!

Cake & Islands was incredible to work with from start to finish - from the custom cake tasting (with extra chairs for my tag-along parents) to working directly with our florist and venue to coordinate it all, to the DELISH cake with 5 awesome layers (try the Oreo!!!) - Carolyn was the best. I would recommend to any wedding on the Cape looking for a beautiful, delicious cake with NO STRESS! :)

Sent on 12/07/2018

Mallory Connors · Married on 08/04/2018

Amazing and delicious

Wow, I could not imagine my wedding day without the help from Cake & Islands. I stopped in when I found them online and immediately knew I would be putting in an order. It was above and beyond the delicious taste of the cake and cupcakes that sold me, it was the friendliness, cleaniless and creativity I saw and felt. Carolyn was wonderful to work with and she knew exactly what I was looking for and made it even more beautiful and delicious than expected. I highly recommend Cake & Islands. The presentation of our wedding cake and cupcakes made the dessert table look amazing.

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Cake & Islands 8

Jill · Married on 08/02/2018

Amazing Experience!!!!

Carolyn and her crew are wonderful!! Not only are their cakes original, creative and beautiful, but their working relationship with the client is top notch! Each time I communicated with Carolyn, I felt like we are old friends! I give Carolyn and Cake & Islands the highest rating!! Even though my wedding is over, I will stop in from time to time for a delicious cupcake!!

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Cake & Islands 9
    Cake & Islands 10

Emily · Married on 06/21/2018

Highly Recommend

Cake & Islands did a wonderful job making my cake vision a reality. Not only was it a beautiful cake to look at, but tasted great as well.

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Cake & Islands 11

Norah · Married on 12/30/2017

We were thrilled with both of our wedding day cakes from Cake and Islands. Before doing a formal cake tasting, we decided to order cupcakes in a variety of flavors for our family to try at our engagement party last summer. We loved each of the flavors so much that we couldn’t pick just one when it came to planning our wedding cake so we opted for a different flavor per tier: strawberry shortcake, raspberry amaretto and lemon blueberry. These flavors were not only highlighted on the inside but beautifully on the outside too as Carolyn topped the cake with frosted blueberries and strawberries to tie everything together. In addition to our tiered wedding cake, I wanted to surprise my husband with a groom’s cake. Carolyn made my vision a reality and our Mighican football cake was a huge hit! Finally, we thanked those who took part in our wedding ceremony with the Ocean Blues seaglass candy. Another hit! Thank you Cake & Islands!

Sent on 02/17/2018

Kelly · Married on 07/21/2017

Working with Cake & Islands was an incredible experience! Carolyn was so kind and helpful, the cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious. We went with the lemon blueberry and everyone loved it! They even were able to accommodate my gluten free guests with their yummy macaroons. Carolyn worked flawlessly with my event coordinator and my florist to make the whole experience completely stress free. I love that we can return to the quaint bakery any time for a small taste of our wedding day!

Sent on 12/29/2017
    Cake & Islands 12
    Cake & Islands 13

Danielle · Married on 06/10/2017

Cake and Islands was perfect for our beach wedding. We scheduled a tasting for cake flavors and ended up ordering several items to round out our dessert table. In addition to the treats that Carolyn provided, we had several family friends and small-town vendors who provided items on dessert table. When Carolyn delivered our order, she included all the necessary displays and set up ALL of the treats with her discerning eye for design. Our dessert table looked beautiful and was eaten so quickly!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Taren · Married on 09/18/2016

So delicious and beautiful! My husband and I barely got any cookies and macaroons because our guests loved them so much. We planned everything through email and over the phone and it worked perfectly. The cake looked exactly like I imagined and they even let me have three different flavors. The only thing I wish we could have done is a cake tasting before the wedding!!!

Sent on 10/02/2016

cortney · Married on 09/05/2015

This vendor is fairly new but they were extremely accommodating. She responded within a few hours to my email and was able to give me price quotes. They did not have a minimum and did not charge me a delivery fee since my venue was close to this vendor. The prices were great and the cake was exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Carolyn and Cake&Islands was amazing for our wedding. We chose her because of the sentimentality to macaroons on my husbands side and her unique cake flavors, not to mention how creative and simple her work is. She had clean designs with our ivory and navy blue theme but the extra touches of Anchors on our dessert table and her infamous Sea Glass candy (yummy) just added to the creative and class act that they are. When we realized we left the dessert menu she made us a new one and mailed it to our home for our scrap book. I would recommend her for any special occasion NOT to mention the cakes are unique! We chose the Peach Melba and even though we only got a bite, we and the guests loved it! Thanks and we will stop in for those amazing macaroons too...we had those at our dessert table and WHAT A HIT!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Keith · Married on 06/17/2013

Phenomenal!

Cake & Islands’ service was impeccable and the cake was beyond perfect!! It meant the world to our son, Tristan that they agreed to use his Grandmother’s recipe for his wedding cake and his wife, Yasmine loved the chocolate strawberries - they were a unique addition to the cake, and to our surprise, aesthetically pleasing. Carolyn at Cake & Islands is phenomenal - she added an extra special touch to our Son’s wedding!

Sent on 01/12/2019
    Cake & Islands 14

Emily · Married on 06/10/2016

Carolyn was great to work with!! We did mini cupcakes, macarons, and a 6" cake for us to cut. They all came out amazing!! We especially LOVED the macarons. Our guests commented on how delicious they were all weekend long. The mini cupcakes were great too; they were the perfect size and the flavors were delicious. Tons of flavor combinations to choose from. The buttercream frosting on one of the cupcakes tasted a little too buttery for my husband and I, but was still really good. Our 6" cake came out delicious. It was a little expensive for such a small cake, and she put a chocolate coating on it between the cake and the fondant that we weren't very fond of, but the cake itself was amazing. We plan to order another 6" for our 1 year anniversary to help us re-live our wedding day. We've already been back to the bakery to get macarons, and I see us becoming regulars whenever we are in the neighborhood :)

Sent on 08/10/2016