Cake Connection TC Reviews

1 User photo

Cake Connection TC 1
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing cake and Customer Service!

Our cake for our wedding could not have been more perfect! Right from the beginning Sherri was easily to work with! When we did our tasting we had so many different kinds for us to try and it was fabulous! She delivered our cake without any issue and it tasted amazing!

Cake Connection TC 2

MaryBeth · Married on 08/05/2018

This is a highly recommended baker found by word of mouth. The cake was delicious and beautiful!

Chloe · Married on 10/07/2017

Sherri exceeded our wildest dreams and created a masterpiece for our wedding. The cake looked amazing with such delicate and perfect icing and tasted even better. We didn't have any extra pieces to spare so it was a crowd favorite and literally the best cake I've ever had. I'm sure I'll become a regular customer of Sherri in the future. :-)

Danielle · Married on 08/12/2017

Cake was delicious and beautiful!

Joyce · Married on 06/17/2017

Our wedding cake by Cake Connection TC was DELICIOUS! It was the best wedding cake I have ever had, even better than I remembered from the tasting! We chose the strawberry for one layer, chocolate/cherry almond for a second and vanilla/with raspberry filling for the third level. The frosting was light and not too sweet and the cake was so moist and flavorful. Not only did it taste delicious, it looked beautiful too! Sherri was a pleasure to work with and is an amazing baker. Look no further, this is a must have cake for your wedding!

Paula · Married on 06/03/2017

Our cake was so AMAZING. Sherri was so great to work with during the whole planning process. From our original consultation to discussing final details, everything went very smoothly. Not only did our cake look amazing but it was the best cake I've ever tasted. The buttercream frosting was delicious ( and I'm not really a fan of icing normally) and the cake was incredibly light and moist. Overall I am very happy with our purchase and would highly recommend working with Sherri!

Brittany · Married on 05/27/2017

Delicious! Great value and so pretty. Highly recommend!

• Jill

Jill · Married on 10/07/2016

Sherri was amazing! Incredibly knowledgable, extremely talented and her cake was SO SO good!!!! I had tons of people come up to me at my wedding asking me who made my cake! Use Sherri for your special day, you will definitely not be disappointed! Thank you so very much Sherri for a beautiful and delicious cake!

Katie · Married on 07/09/2016

Sherri did the cake/cupcakes for our July 9th, 2016 wedding, and she did an incredible job.
    In terms of the planning process, she was so easy to work with! We always received a response within a day or less and she was excellent at answering all our questions!
    Our cake was stunning, and exactly what we were hoping for! The cupcakes were delicious, and we were able to get 6 different flavors for our guests to enjoy! She even worked with us a month before our wedding to put together a giant cupcake to give to my niece at the wedding, since her birthday was the next day.
    Better than that, her prices are the best in the area...we got an outstanding deal!
    My only regret was that I was so busy I didn't have time to eat the cake!
    If you are looking for an amazing, locally owned business to do your wedding cake, Sherri is the person for you!

Jackie · Married on 06/18/2016

I could not have been happier with how my cake turned out. Not only was it gorgeous, but it was delicious!!! Sherri was awesome to work with and I'm so happy that she was able to create my dream cake. I would definitely recommend her!

Claudia · Married on 01/02/2016

First and foremost, yummmm!! Sherri's cakes taste absolutely amazing and she offers some very unique flavors. We had a 3-tiered cake with chocolate cake filled with chocolate mousse, lavender cake with white chocolate mousse filling, and champagne cake with strawberry filling. We had a simple Victorian themed wedding so we did a light blush color for the base with white detailed piping that was different on all 3 layers and it turned out beautiful. We were able to do a tasting prior to and any of the flavors we tried were delicious, all of them were super moist, flavorful and the frosting is soft and not too sweet. Definitely highly recommend!

Katie · Married on 10/03/2015

Sherri created a beautiful cake for my wedding! When my husband and I met with her for a tasting, she admitted she had never made a cake exactly like mine, but after looking at pictures of her previous work I trusted she could make a beautiful cake for us and she definitely delivered! Not only was the cake created to look absolutely perfect, but the taste was incredible! We had a 2 tier cake with a fondant tree with autumn colored sugar leaves and 6 dozen cupcakes--some of which were decorated with sugar leaves. The cake and cupcakes all turned out perfectly and were absolutely delicious. During the wedding I only had time for a few bites of the cake but thankfully we had some leftover and even over a week later I am still enjoying it! Sherri's prices are reasonable as well.

Krysta · Married on 09/20/2015

Thank you Sherri for the cake and cupcakes you made for us for our wedding day. I would recommend Cake Connection in Traverse City to anyone who will be visiting the area. Everyone at our party raved about how good the cake tasted and were asking me where I found this bakery. I had only given Sherri 4 weeks in advance for my order and instead of turning me down like a local well known cupcake vendor in the area, she gladly accepted. Even though she was pretty much booked out for the weekend we needed them made, she still made the time and effort to get me exactly what I wanted. Thanks Sherri, you are awesome!

• Bethany

Bethany · Married on 05/30/2015

The cake that Sherri made for our wedding was perfect! She is the best value for the quality in the area. The design was exact and the three favors we chose were each delicious. There was no cake left over at the end of the night! Sherri worked with us to choose the right cake stand and she worked with our florist directly for the flowers we had put on the cake. Plus she was so positive and responsive. We loved our wedding cake and had a wonderful experience.

Sherri is wonderful to work with and her cake is both delicious and affordable. Working with so many vendors for a wedding can be so stressful, but we sure got lucky finding her. :) I totally recommend going with her if your wedding is anywhere in the TC area :)

Nadia · Married on 08/01/2014

We decided to use Cake Connections to provide our wedding cake at The Homestead Resort because Sherri was super responsive through email and phone and her cake was delicious! She was even flexible with meeting us on a random Friday evening to try the different flavors of her cake. Ultimately, we decided on a fun-fetti cake flavor with a vanilla buttercream and it was fantastic!

Amanda · Married on 05/24/2014

Our cupcakes and mini cake were AMAZING!! The best cupcakes every- they were a huge hit at our wedding! All 3 flavors we got were unreal- I don't think I can pick a favorite (our flavors were chocolate with chocolate mousse filling, vanilla with raspberry filling and red velvet). Also I loved how everything turned out with the set up- it looked better than I could have imaged!

Kristin · Married on 09/07/2013

The most delicious cupcakes and frosting I have ever tasted. Everyone else agreed. They disappeared, everyone kept going back for more. Every flavor she made was superb.

Callista · Married on 09/07/2013

I used Sherri for my first wedding, and the cake was so amazing that I used her again for my second one! She is absolutely fantastic to work with and will make your cake beautiful and delicious. Our cake looked so good that people asked us if it was fake! Sherri's cakes are so tasty that I will probably order a smaller one for birthdays or other special occasions. My favorite flavor so far is Lemon with Raspberry filling, but I also loved her Red Velvet and Marble.

LOVE LOVE LOVE her. Our cupcakes were beautiful and delicious! No hassle, great and friendly service. I would recommend Cake Connection to anyone in the Traverse City area.

Sherri made a gorgeous, delicious cake for our wedding!! It was delicious and she was very easy to work with. We got to look through her look book of cakes when were were choosing our cake and all of her cakes were exquisite!

sara · Married on 09/25/2010

Sherri is amazing. We had her make 18 dozen cupcakes for our wedding, and they were delicious. Her buttercream is absolutely fabulous - I had many people tell me how much they liked it. Our reception was in Gaylord - about 50 miles away, and Sherri delivered the cupcakes and set them up for me the morning of the wedding, and she had other weddings to handle that day as well. I can't say enough good things about her!

• Dan

Dan · Married on 09/02/2012

3.2
      3.5
      3.0
      3.5
      2.5

We worked with Sherri from Cake Connection and overall our experience was positive. She makes excellent cakes and is talented at piping complex frosting designs. We were always able to get a hold of someone by phone but emails were not always returned. Also, pricing on additional items like a cupcake stand, delivery, and decorations were very high. So high, we ended up buying our own and decorating it for the same price as the rental price. Overall though her cakes are wonderful tasting and she is a talented baker.

Sent on 09/18/2012

Cake Connection TC's reply:

Dan must have confused the actual rental charge for the stand $20-$30 with the equipment deposit ,$100.00 which is returned once the stand is returned. My delivery charges are very close to other similar businesses in the area. So very sorry about any confusion!