Cake Chic Studio Reviews

2.2
      2.0
      3.0

Completely Ignored Main Design Element

When we discussed our cake design I was clear about the main design element (a white ribbon sweeping off the cake onto the cake stand). We also ordered three mini cakes in gold, black and white. We were also told that upon the delivery they would plate the cake on the cake stand and decorate it with the gold leaves we provided. Neither of those things happened. On our wedding day the cake was dropped off, was not placed on the cake stand nor were the gold leaves attached. The cake wasn't smooth and the main design element was executed very poorly. There was a white ribbon but it didn't sweep anywhere. It sat in the middle of the cake and didn't come down to the bar cart. There was no gold mini cake but a gray one instead. All three mini cakes were also uneven and looked damaged. The main cake had some blemishes but didn't look as uneven and dented as the mini cakes. The cakes did taste fantastic so if you don't care about your design or how your cake looks and just want something yummy I would recommend this business. But if you care about your design concept and execution I would not book this business.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Meaghan V. · Married on 06/23/2018

1.0

I couldn't eat my own wedding cake!!

TL;DR: Groom's cake never delivered to rehearsal, cosmetic issues with wedding cake, bride couldn't eat cake (allergen-free flavor wasn't put on cake), voiced issues with Jodi, never received refund we were promised and was eventually ghosted by Jodi

Backstory: We had an enchanted forest/fairy/moss theme. Our bridal party wore deep purple or teal. We live 2.5 hours away from where our wedding venue. We had 3 requests for the cake: 1 layer must be gluten and dairy free (I have food allergies), incorporate a woodland stencil, and only use fondant on the stencil layer (we're not fans of the stuff but knew it was needed for the stencil). Beyond these requests, we planned to rely on the bakery for guidance on making an elegant cake that still fit our theme.

What went wrong: Our first cake-tasting appointment was canceled, and we didn't find out until we had driven to Wenatchee - there was no email or phone call to let us know. We ordered a grooms cake that was not delivered for the Rehearsal Dinner as planned. The flowers on the cake were supposed to cascade between the layers to break up the green. There was fondant on all the layers. The green portions are her "moss effect" - It's really uneven to the point where you can see the cake below poking through. If you look at the stencil, some details are missing and the proportions are off - example the rabbit is bigger than the deer. There are small holes/pock marks on the cake, which she blamed on our guests (Our guests would never do this, and it wouldn't have been possible due to the timeline. The cake was dropped off before the reception, and a picture was taken for proof of delivery. The pock marks are present in this proving photo). That "baby blue" on the bottom layer, was supposed to be a lot closer to white - we never asked for a bright baby blue. But, the biggest issue of all: I COULDN'T EAT MY CAKE! The allergen-free cake I picked out at the tasting wasn't on our cake!! We had people come up to us who have worked with her in the past, and honestly didn't believe us when we said our cake came from Cake Chic.

The results: In the beginning of July, I voiced all of these issues and concerns to her, and she offered me a partial refund (X%). Being reasonable people, we didn't press for the remaining (Y%) because ultimately, she did put time and materials into making something on our behalf. It is now the beginning of December and WE STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE REFUND!! I have left multiple emails, and even tried calling. Her responses went from being rude/catty to now non-existent (haven't heard from her since September). At one point I was accused of having never wanted to pay for the cake in the first place. Of course this isn't true; if I was able to eat my cake, if our grooms cake had shown up, then a refund wouldn't have been necessary, because I would have received the service that we paid for.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Lisa · event on: 01/27/2013

1.0

I contracted Jodi to make cupcakes for my daughter's 5th birthday. Normally, I would have made the cupcakes myself, but I wanted something extra special. For the price, I expected to be impressed. Not only did I not receive what I ordered, and was promised by Jodi, but what I did get was a design I saw over and over on Pinterest and could have easily completed myself. My daughter cried for 20 minutes with disappointment over not getting the unicorn she expected. This certainly will not ruin her birthday, but the cupcakes will not be the centerpiece I had hoped for, and paid for.

I will not ever do business with Jodi again, nor would I ever recommend her to anyone else.

Sent on 01/27/2013

Cake Chic Studio's reply:

Hi Lisa. Im sorry you felt so disappointed. That is never the intention on an order. I do remember omitting the requested unicorn but immediately offered to create one and deliver it to you shortly after you picked up the order but you declined. Had you contacted me I would have refunded your entire orderI stand behind every order made. Sorry you felt that way. And I did refund you a discouny ON THE SPOT which you accepted. So I believe my professionalism and responsiveness should be valued more than stated but your opinion matters so I thank you for letting me know even if its this much later.

Mindy · Married on 07/21/2018

0.6
      0.5

I ordered a cake from this place in high Hope's that I would get what I asked for for my wedding day and was very very displeased with what I got and the service I got after I reached out to them that my cake was not what I asked for. When they delivered the cake they took off so fast that I couldn't even confront them with what they gave me. The colors of the flowers that I paid extra for were the wrong color and the Rose's were really small and already wilted and when I reached out to the owner or manager after my wedding she said that she noticed they were the wrong color and said she tried to go to a flower place to get new flowers but had no luck because it was mothers day weekend. It was not mothers day weekend June 10th was not mothers day. So instead of calling me and letting me know what happened they stuck ugly white wilted Rose's on a white cake. I asked for the whole cake to be piped like the picture and they did not add any piping. Two of the 3 tears were supposed to be a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and a fudgy filling and I did not get that. I got a chocolate cake with white frosting and the same white filling. All of this was talked about through email so there is no excuse to miss it. When I called to confront them about all of the issues no one answered so I left a message to call me back. Instead of calling me back they wrote me a very long email and part of the email said they didnt have time to call me. After I pointed out the fact that they still didnt even try to call to apologize she said she was busy again but had enough time to write another long email. If this was my business and I had an unhappy customer I would make time to call them and take 30 seconds out of my life to say sorry over the phone instead of email. I do not recommend this place to anyone. They did give me some money back but not enough for the service I got and eveyething that was wrong. This was my wedding day and for paying over $500 for a cake you should get

Sent on 08/01/2018

Cake Chic Studio's reply:

When I spoke regarding the weekend it was speculative not confirming since I immediately wanted to reach out and had not yet pulled your file. So I think your statement is placed out in content as to an excuse. We did not “run” off after delivery. No one greeted us, it wa clear where the cake table was so I placed it - spoke a couple words with the photographer and left. It’s what is a normal process again you speculate and state it as if it’s a fault in our process. Best Wishes