Cain Images Wedding Photography & Video Reviews

Philadelphia, PA
Rating 4.5 out of 5, 4 Reviews
View more information

Tivona Married on 06/18/2011
    My pictures were amazing! When I first looked at them, I started crying. My photographer, Bill captured everything I wanted and so much more! He even got all of my crazy facial expressions (which I love). People are always telling me that I make the craziest facial expressions and now I can see them, LOL! Bill has such a great personality, when you talk to him, it's like you're talking to an old friend. I love when pictures tell a story and mine definitely do! Thanks Bill for making my wedding story come to life!

Cain Images Wedding Photography & Video's reply:

Thanks Tivona! It was a pleasure sharing your special day! :)
    Robin Married on 07/11/2010
    Bill was amazing: professional but friendly. Really took time to hear about my vision for the photography. He also provided a script of which photos he would take and in which order, but he was open to me adjusting the script to fit my needs. He visited the ceremony and reception sites in advance to scope them out, and he told me about how the sunlight affected the timing of what photos he took where. He was also great fun taking engagement photos. I could not have asked for a better wedding photographer. I'm going to have him take photos for my one-year anniversary as well!

Cain Images Wedding Photography & Video's reply:

Thanks Robin! I had a blast photographing your special day. Can't wait to do the 1 year anniversary portrait! :)
    Elisa Married on 08/31/2007
    We absolutely love the album and portraits. We appreciate all your hard work -- from preparing with us for the wedding, to your professionalism on the day of, to your follow-up afterward. We couldn't image having worked with a different photographer...you are simply the best. Thank you again!

Thanks Elisa!
    Charlotte Married on 04/18/2010
    The package and price offered was very reasonable. However, we weren't too thrilled with Mr. Cain's detail to our pictures. ie: making sure everyone was facing the right direction or shirts were tucked in, etc. Also, while he was happy to photograph any pictures we requested he didn't seem to have any ideas on new, innovative ways to stand or pose for pictures. Being all caught up in the moment ourselves, we hoped as he was the professional, he'd be there to tell us what to do and how to do it so he could photograph us at our best.

Also, this was a special wedding.....a double wedding. Two sisters sharing their day, one was renewing vows and the other marrying. The one renewing her vows hadn't been able to have her family present the first time b/c her husband was leaving for his second tour of Iraq a few short days later and it took place where they were stationed (not near family). For some reason, Mr. Cain took only the bare minimum of pictures for that daughter. She's extremely disappointed in his work. We'd hoped that since there were 2 photographers, it wouldn't be a problem.

Lastly, it's been noted that these photos weren't any better than ones we took ourselves except he had a better camera. We all tried not to be "bride-zilla like" but apparently, you really do need to be vigilant in what you want or else you'll always regret how things turned out.

YOUR EXCUSES MAY SEEM VALID BUT DON'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT WE WERE NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR QUALITY OF PICTURES, NOT JUST THE MISSED SHOTS...THERE WERE ONLY 1 OF EACH PERSON BEING INTRODUCED.....YET OVER 15 OF 1 PERSON SIGNING THE GUEST BOOK AND OVER 20 OF THE GLASSES IN THE LOBBY FOR FAVORS.....NONE OF THE FATHER OF THE BRIDE KISSING EITHER THE REAL BRIDE OR "FAKE" ONE BEFORE THE CEREMONY BEGAN.

I APPRECIATE YOU MAY HAVE NOT BEEN AWARE OF THE DOUBLE WEDDING UNTIL LATER BUT I BELIEVE IT SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN A HARDSHIP WITH 2 PHOTOGRAPHERS. THERE WAS PLENTY OF TIME TO PHOTOGRAPH THE OTHER BRIDE AND GROOM RATHER THAN THE FAVOR GLASSES. MY TWO DAUGHTERS WERE HAVING A WEDDING CEREMONY, WHY WOULDN'T YOU HAVE ASSUMED I WANTED PICTURES OF EACH....AND WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK? WHERE WAS YOUR ITINERARY OF EXPECTED PICTURES THAT YOUR WEBSITE CLAIMS YOU PROVIDE AHEAD OF TIME??

WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR EFFORT, UNFORTUNATELY, WE (NONE OF THE PARTIES INVOLVED!) WERE THRILLED WITH THE RESULTS.

Cain Images Wedding Photography & Video's reply:

As a photojournalist for over 25 years with a B.F.A. in Illustration and Photography, my style is unintrusive, unobstructive and free flowing. I attempt to capture a slice of life as it happens, visually telling the BRIDE and GROOM'S story. I utilize the same approach whether photographing a news event, celebrity portrait, sporting event or wedding.

My GOAL is to create imagery that shows action, interaction and reaction as well as emotion along with strong composition and fabulous light to tell the story of the BRIDE & GROOM'S day.

My OBLIGATION is to the bride and groom I am contracted to photograph.

My CONTRACT did not state that I photograph a double wedding, but I did so happily. Did we miss any of the renewal of vow ceremony. No!

Since the reviewer, the MOTHER-OF-THE-BRIDE, hasn't contacted me to let me know which of the roughly 2700 images show people with their shirts not "tucked in" or show subjects "facing the wrong direction," I have no idea what images she is referencing. We generally make enough images allow for situations like this during production of the wedding album.

Also, it is difficult to innovate when time is an issue.
    Had I known about the renewal of vow ceremony being thrown into the mix at the booking stage, I would have advised that we either start earlier, or add more time in between the ceremonies and dinner reception. As it was, the late arrivals of the bridal party, the ceremony starting late and time constraints placed upon us by the banquet facility to have portraits completed before the reception made an already tight schedule more difficult.

As for the second wedding.
    We were contracted to photograph the wedding of the BRIDE & GROOM.
    Nowhere in my paperwork, previous emails, during the booking process or engagement portrait session was there any mention of a renewal of vows ceremony. Three days before the wedding, I received the wedding day schedule from the bride. That was the first time I had EVER heard of a renewal of vows taking place at the BRIDE & GROOM'S wedding.
    From my conversations with the BRIDE & GROOM, as well as the MOTHER-OF-THE-BRIDE, the importance of the renewal ceremony of the SECONDARY bride & groom was never addressed other then to say that they weren't able to have a "real wedding" due to deployment. Had the importance been conveyed to me, we would happily focused more on the SECONDARY bride and groom.