Cabo Makeup by Alma Vallejo Reviews

71 | Cabo San Lucas, MX

71 Reviews for Cabo Makeup by Alma Vallejo

Karina · Married on 07/18/2015

Alma, thank you so much for making us look beautiful on my special day!! My bridal party looked fabulous thanks to you and your awesome team! Your customer service is excellent. I will definitely recommend you to my friends and family. Thanks again Alma!!!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Alma (makeup) and Mabel (hair) are very professional and do excellent work. They did my makeup and hair for my wedding and I couldn’t have been happier.

The makeup was great. Alma works with airbrush foundation which is very light and natural but at the same time stays put. She uses very good products (MAC, Bobbi Brown, etc.) and knows how to apply them. She also makes very good suggestions that I wouldn’t have thought of. Most important of all, the makeup lasted all day and night (from 4:00 PM until 3:00 AM !!!)

Now the hairstyle. I loved the hairstyle. I did not have a fixed idea of what I wanted, I showed Mabel a couple of pins I had gathered from pinterest and gave her the general idea: an updo with a lot of volume and a bit messy. She came up with a really nice low bun that was exactly what I wanted and she suggested adding flowers, which was a really nice and fresh touch to the overall look. I initially thought about a headpiece, but for a summer wedding in the beach, the flowers was the way to go. Thank you very much!

TIPS: If you do a trial the day before, keep the hairstyle and makeup for the day to see how it holds up. In my case I decided to change the hairstyle to keep it a “surprise” for the wedding and by doing this I didn’t notice some things that I would have changed: namely, a low bun was not a good idea for me, I had a bit more than a hundred guests, so that implies a lot of hugging (which is a great thing!) but the downside is that they kind of hugged the bun too and eventually it came undone. If you really want to go with this kind of hairstyle, ask for extra security pins, even if it is uncomfortable. And don’t worry about the surprise element, it will still be there once you show up with your beautiful gown and groom ?

FINAL SAY: I would definitely recommend. Many thanks to Alma and Mabel I felt very very beautiful and happy that day !

Sent on 11/27/2015

It is not easy to plan a destination wedding. Finding the perfect vendors w/out meeting them face to face has its challenges, but Alma helped make the experience much easier. She & others were recommended by my coordinator, but I found Alma to be perfect for me. She was very professional & sweet from the start. She responded to emails quick & at late hours in the night. I initially wanted my hair down & curled, but she reminded me of the winds & the humidity & suggested another hair style to prevent my hair from getting messed up. We went w/a side bun, which I was so happy w/! At my trial, we played w/lip color & the first lip color she suggested was beautiful, but it wasn’t for me & she had no problem w/me trying a few more after till I found the right one. Don’t be shy to let her know what you like & don’t like. It’s your wedding day, you want to feel comfortable. Alma will only help enhance your beauty! I was getting a bit antsy the morning of our wedding, but Alma reassured me that everything was going to be okay. She was great at managing the time & coordinating w/my photographer. I can’t describe how happy I was w/it with my hair & makeup. Perfection! The breeze & humidity is unavoidable in Cabo, so my hair did begin to weigh itself down after our ceremony & during our couple photos & I did touch up my face throughout the night. But that is no fault on Alma's. It’s the sacrifice you have to make in choosing this beautiful town as your wedding location & I was prepared for it. In honesty, after viewing our photos, I actually loved the authenticity of everyones look towards the end of the night. So, I suggest that all Cabo brides please keep in mind the weather factors. One thing I learned in planning a wedding in Cabo; just because one vendors price is much less than competitors DOES NOT mean you won’t get good quality. Alma is great & very reasonably priced. I highly recommend her. I was very happy w/my choice & wish her nothing but continued success.

Sent on 11/11/2015

stacie · Married on 06/24/2015

Prompt, courteous, open to my suggestions and talented!!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Morgan · Married on 06/15/2015

Alma and her team were wonderful! Planning a wedding from abroad, I didn't know what to expect but Alma was very responsive and helpful with all of my questions. She was right on time for both my trial and wedding day and myself and all of my bridesmaids were ready when we needed to be. Everyone was pleased with how their hair and makeup turned out. If you are planning a wedding or any event where you need hair and/or makeup services I would definitely recommend Cabo Makeup!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Monica · Married on 04/17/2015

Alma and her team are great and easy to work with. They came to my hotel early and ready to go and were very flexible with last minute changes. Alma is communicative via email/phone and takes the time to understand what you're looking for. Asian makeup looks aren't always easy, but I shared photos and she nailed the look perfectly. My makeup stayed put the entire evening; I normally have oily skin and super oily eyelids, but everything stayed in place. Her partner who does hair is also very good and I was extremely happy with my results. Also, her prices are less than others in Cabo, yet the results are fabulous.

Sent on 04/24/2015

Katelynn · Married on 02/25/2015

Getting married in a different country is very complicated, you have to find the right people, do your research. And that's exactly what I did and I ended up finding alma. She did five of us girls, feb 25th 2015. She did such an amazing job, I was so happy with the way I looked in every aspect. My girls looked so beautiful, I loved their hair and their make up. She is very talented at what she does, and I would recommend her to everybody. She even had to deal with my younger bridesmaid that was full of attitude. She was professional the whole time! And at the end of the day I was SOO happy I decided to go with her. She was nothing but absolutely fantastic.

Sent on 03/10/2015

ALMA WAS RECOMMENDED TO US THROUGH OUR WEDDING PLANNER. MY SON & DAUGHTER-IN-LAW WERE MARRIED ON 1/17/2015. ALMA AND HER STAFF PROVIDED HAIR & MAKEUP FOR MYSELF AND MY DAUGHTERS. HER ATTENTION TO DETAIL, WITH BOTH HAIR & MAKEUP WAS SPOT ON. I FELT VERY RELAXED AND IN GOOD HANDS.

Sent on 02/03/2015

Tonya · Married on 12/07/2014

I used Alma and hr team for both hair and makeup for my wedding this past December. Alma was absolutely wonderful! She was always very quick to respond to my emails and was very kind and professional at all times. I was very happy with her services! On wedding day they showed up on time and helped to make the day go by very smoothly. My makeup and hair were absoutely beautiful! I couldn't have been happier with the way it turned out.

Sent on 03/11/2015

Molly · Married on 11/08/2014

Alma and her staff were WONDERFUL!!!! They got my, my 5 bridesmaids, as well as the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom ready with hair AND makeup. They were friendly, easygoing, made me feel very comfortable, and did an incredible job! Everyone looked beautiful - I would definitely recommend!!!

Sent on 02/22/2015

Brittany · Married on 11/07/2014

My husband and I recently got married at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in Cabo San Lucas. Neither of us had been to Cabo before and had to do most of our research online for our wedding vendors. One of the most important pieces of our wedding was finding the perfect person to do my hair and makeup and that of my bridesmaids. There were a couple other hair and makeup artists that I discovered in my research who appeared to be very popular, but were VERY EXPENSIVE. I continued my search for something that fit my budget better, but still appeared to provide the same quality of service and that is when I discovered Alma Vallejo. I emailed her through her website to get more information and a quote. She responded quickly and was able to arrange a phone call to discuss possible services for my wedding. She was very personable and professional and after speaking for about 30 minutes about what I wanted, I knew Alma was the one. We scheduled a hair and makeup trial and wedding day hair and makeup for my 3 bridesmaids, my mom and myself. We had scheduled my hair and makeup trial to be on the same day as a portrait session we were doing with our photographer a few days before the wedding, unfortunately at the last minute, our photographer had the wrong day scheduled, but Alma was able to rearrange her schedule to be able to still provide services for the trial and our portrait session. I greatly appreciated her flexibility with rescheduling. For both the trial and wedding day services, Alma and Mabel came to my room and did their magic. During my trial, the first hair style we tried I didn't end up 100% loving, but Mabel was able to make a few slight changes to create the exact look I was looking for. Both hair and makeup were flawless and beautiful and they listened to exactly what I wanted. Everyone loved their look and left feeling beautiful. I would HIGHLY recommend Alma and Mabel for hair and makeup services in Cabo!

Sent on 12/09/2014
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 07/12/2014

Alma and her assistant were wonderful! Alma does the makeup and her assistant does the hair. The day of the trial/dinner rehearsal she came to my hotel and even changed my hairstyle so that everyone wouldn’t see what my hair was going to look like. The day of the wedding, my bridesmaids and I got several compliments on our hair/makeup. I definitely recommend Alma and her assistant!

Sent on 02/18/2015

Nicole · Married on 05/03/2014

Alma and her team exceeded my expectations and more! She really listened and captured the look I was trying to achieve on my wedding day. I truly felt my most beautiful. I would highly recommend her team to anyone looking for to have their hair and make up done for any special event in Cabo.

Nicole · Married on 10/18/2013

Alma and her team were so accommodating and are truly amazing at what they do! She listened to my needs and did such a beautiful job!

taraneh · Married on 07/11/2013

I could not have dreamt of a more perfect hair and make-up session than what I received from you for my wedding. It was absolutely stunning! Everyone in my wedding party was speechless when they saw your flawless work. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    :o)

Holli · Married on 04/27/2013

Thank You so much for making me, my bridesmaids, mother and mother in law beautiful on my wedding day. Not only did you and your staff do an amazing job on the make up and hair you made everyone feel comfortable and fit the needs of each individual person... The brides make up is such an important part of the wedding day, and not having done a trial I was a little scared. BUT YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB!!! My make up was exactly what I wanted, and the bridesmaids hair and make up was exactly what I envisioned. THANK YOU!!!!

Sent on 03/10/2015
  • Neelam

Neelam Patel · Married on 06/12/2020

Amazing Experience!

Alma and her team did the makeup for my destination wedding in Cabo. I am very picky about my hair and makeup, so I appreciated all the time Alma took to discuss my looks, ask questions, and review my pictures. She also did the same with my family members so that each artist on her team understood the desired looks.

Alma and Mabel did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for all 3 of my events!!! I am SO happy and impressed by their work. I can't stop looking at the pictures :) I chose to have my makeup airbrushed and Alma was able to perfectly match my Indian skin tone and create a flawless look. I appreciated that Alma and Mabel were able to work concurrently and it saved me so much time to have my hair and makeup done at the same time.

The entire team was professional, courteous, and always on time! If you need a hair and makeup team in Cabo, don't hesitate to use Cabo Makeup.

Sent on 12/21/2020
  • F

Flor · Married on 08/06/2016

I couldn't have been happier with Alma and her team. My makeup and hair where just as I wanted! I had a few pictures that served as inspiration and they carefully listened to my suggestions.

Planning a wedding from long distance was a challenge. So finding reliable and truly professional vendors was of incredible importance to us. I really couldn't have asked for better.

Thank you Alma!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Tara · Married on 02/26/2016

Alma and her team did an amazing job! I had to add a couple girls last minute and it wasn't a problem at all. My hair and make-up came out better than i could've imagined. All of the bridesmaids were extremely happy as well. I would absolutely recommend their services. One issue i had with finding a hair and make-up salon for my destination wedding was that most places require a deposit and many only use wire transfers, Alma uses paypal which was awesome!

Sent on 03/06/2016

Lindell · Married on 05/31/2018

3.5

Alma and her very beautiful, professional, talented team simply made our day!
    We had 10 bridesmaids, the bride, 2 mothers and an aunt and they transformed them all into
    gorgeous, glamorous, beauties. The hair was oh so elegant and festive and held-up - all day and
    night. Many have very long hair as well!!!
    The makeup - simply stunning. Striking in photos and soft and beautiful in person.
    I highly, strongly, recommend dear Alma and team

Sent on 06/06/2018
  • Elvira

Elvira B · Married on 10/25/2020

3.0

Beautiful work!

Loved my hair and makeup for my wedding day. I brought a few of my favorite products and they did a fabulous job giving me that wedding day glow.

Sent on 12/30/2020