Cabarrus Arena & Events Center Reviews

35 Reviews for Cabarrus Arena & Events Center

• J Hatfield

J Hatfield · Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome Experience

Such a great team to work with and loved the experience.

Sent on 11/10/2018

Jason · Married on 11/19/2016

Amazing venue & food/service! Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great alternative to the very expensive locations in Charlotte. An extra few miles away saved us a lot for an even better honeymoon!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Angie · event on 08/24/2013

Room was beautifully decorated and set up as planned. Everyone was great to work with. Food was excellent. Had a mishap with guests being charged to park, but it was quickly taken care of and those that paid were given a refund. Thank you for a great wedding shower!

Sent on 10/03/2013

Mack · Married on 04/15/2017

3.5

This is definitely a great place to have your wedding. We worked with Barry Klapish and Terry Jones and they worked great with our 170 guest. They answered all my questions and were still able to make adjustments for me at the last minute. They were helpful through the whole process. Love them!

Sent on 04/26/2017

Talisha · Married on 08/12/2016

My husband and found this venue early on in our wedding planning and fell in love with Patsy and Barry. They did an amazing job working with us to ensure our special day was unforgettable. They were very flexible, friendly and easy to communicate with. If you are looking for a large inexpensive space that you can transform into anything imaginable, this is the venue for you!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Shyroine · event on 08/10/2013

My sister and brother and I hosted a 40th Wedding Anniversary Party for my parents at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center in Concord. It was a pleasure working with Patsy and Barry for the few months leading up to the big event. They both ensured that all of our questions and concerns were addressed prior to the event. On the event day, everything went smoothly as planned - the food was delicious, the set-up was beautiful and arranged as we had discussed, and we were happy with the service provided.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Alycia · Married on 11/12/2016

My rating for Cabarrus Arena and Events is solely based on our experience with Barry Klapish and his Savor Staff. When we booked the Cabarrus Area for our November wedding ,we more a less felt we were compromising for the greater good of our budget.

Now that everything is over and done I can say that not only was it a economic choice but the customer satisfaction experience that we received from Barry and the Savor staff exceed expectations. Our guest are still talking about how good the food was. Barry and his staff were very attentive and accommodating the day of. Correspondence leading up to the wedding was pretty seamless and he was quick and Informative with his responses.

My reviews for Event Coordinator, Patsy Brown are a bit different.
    I will say thank you for the times Patsy was helpful. Honestly though, I don't have any glowing comments for the customer service experience. I come from a Corporate Client Service professional background of over 20 years. I know what should be involved to "WoW" a customer and there were no warm and fuzzies.
    If you catch Patsy on a good day, she can be helpful, otherwise I would rate our customer service as fair.

Thankfully I had a very capable and professional wedding planner, Danielle Flynn of A Seamless Affair along with Barbara Dearborn, to help pull my vision together and save my wedding decor anxiety.

After ASA and Staff transformed the Cabarrus Rooms A - C with flowers, candles, draping and low lighting one word came to mind ... Breathtaking! At first glance it brought tears to my eyes.
    It was more than I expected and truly captured our "Classy Elegance" theme.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Darlene · Married on 04/16/2016

3.6
      2.0

My advice to couples is that the venue is great! Barry was absolutely great. I do feel that Patsy should keep her personal feelings towards whatever vendor you choose to work with to herself. It's not professional at all. It also made her a little "aggravated" and short with the bride and groom after finding out we were working with someone. Other than that everything was great.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Kymburley · Married on 08/17/2013

2.8
      1.5
      2.0

Throughout the wedding planning Patsy was fantastic. She was always available, either in person, on the phone, or via email. On the last week before the wedding my husband and myself noticed a change in Patsy's disposition. She did not seem like herself, something was different. It may had been her being annoyed by both our Mothers. The day of the wedding, my husband and myself were running late for the wedding, (getting dressed, decor, printer problems, ran, etc.). I think Patsy may had been flustered at this, because she was not at perky as she had been the previous months of doing business with her. Our food was cold and at no point were our cups refilled. Patsy did offer to get me something to drink, but she ended up getting occupied by something else. The tea tasted like unsweet tea. Our plates sat on the table for a while before anyone came to get them. I asked if any cake was left because my husband and myself had not had any and I was told by two caterers there were no more pieces of either cake, but a few minutes later more pieces magically appeared. I felt that if ourselves and our guest were not allowed to take any food outside the premises, even though we paid for it all, the caterers should not had been sitting around eating our food. We did not have an 80 person turn out, but I bought enough sparkling cider for over 80 people, but at the end of the event we were told all the cider was gone. No one had seconds on the cider because we only used it to toast. I felt the catering party took our cider, because there was no way possible with only 40 something people there we used 17 bottles of cider. They were already getting paid by us, for the event, but they got to enjoy our cake and food. I did not think that was right. Overall I was in heaven on my wedding day and Patsy was great! These were just things that did not sit well with us.

Sent on 10/21/2013
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 10/13/2018

1.0

Look somewhere else. Day I went to sign the contract they remembered that my date was already booked. Huge waste of time.

Sent on 10/19/2017