C. Marie's Sweets Reviews

Terry · Married on 10/16/2015

3.6
      3.5
      3.0

The cake was good (we had the pink champagne), and the service was OK, but in hindsight, we would have preferred a cake with buttercream frosting. In all fairness, Christine did stress the fact that she uses a different kind of frosting.

Sent on 06/04/2016
  • Jenna

Jenna Jackson Dwyer · Married on 11/10/2018

3.0

Poor job on designing the cake but good flavors

Unfortunately I did not have the best experience with C Marie Sweets for a number of reasons.
    I decided to book with them for my wedding day. We chose flavors that they did not have on their tasting menus, and even though we signed our contract and committed to them as our wedding cake vendor, they still would not let us taste the flavors we chose unless we purchased a small cake from them. So, I had to pay an addition $40 per flavor to taste it... I didn't feel like this was a very good customer experience. The flavors i selected were marble, gingerbread, and banana... all with basic cream cheese filling. Nothing terribly exotic.

I was having a winter wedding, and I told them i wanted a grey dusted snowflake cake. (grey cake, white snowflakes). They told me they did not provide the sugar dust, glitter, or fondant / gum paste to make the design. Essentially, they only provided the cake and icing... So, on top of this, I had to go purchase glitter, fondant snowflakes, and sugar dust. Before purchasing, I emailed what I was planning to buy to ensure it was correct. They confirmed. On my wedding day, the cake was spotty and uneven. Far from the photo I sent them.

The only two positives I have to say is A. They were friendly in person and B. The cake itself was very good. We got a lot of compliments on the flavors, but the design was not executed well in the least. Maybe its the norm, but I'm still so surprised that a bakery does not provide items like sugar dusting or fondant designs (a previous baker we tasted did).

Sent on 01/18/2019
    C. Marie's Sweets 8
    C. Marie's Sweets 9
    C. Marie's Sweets 10

C. Marie's Sweets's reply:

Hi Jenna,
    Thank you for your review. We enjoyed meeting with you during your complimentary tasting to sample our cake flavors, and collaborating with you on your design. The idea of creating a cake flavor outside our menu excites us to be able to customize your cake specially for you. Considering this, we were glad you were able to enjoy a 6 inch round banana cake we custom baked for your fiancé during the holidays in order to confirm your custom cake selection for your special day.
    At C.Maries, we tailor your design to fit your budget. Metallic sugar and fondant snowflakes are always a fun element we can provide in house to add to your cake design, although we offer our brides the opportunity to provide those elements as a way to save on cost, getting through an online wholesaler, and we are happy to add your personal elements to the cake at no cost to you as discussed.
    Thank you for uploading your wedding cake picture, we enjoyed seeing it again and looking closely did notice a bit of sugar shadow in the design.
    We would love the opportunity to make this right with you. Your welcome to return my call or email us directly and we can discuss your concerns and offer our gratitude for choosing C.Maries to be apart of your most special day. We are thrilled that you enjoyed communicating with us through the design process and that your guests enjoyed your custom signature flavors created specially with you in mind. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Best wishes,
    Christine

Kimberly Bryant · Married on 05/25/2019

1.2

Proceed with Caution

I saw all the reviews on many sites and was sooo excited to try the cakes and we travelled out of our way to try them.
    Unfortunately disappointed. Amy was amazing... everybody else was shockingly unprofessional. I arranged (in attempt to make it better) a personal facetime call to go through our plan...and by personal I mean the companies kids screaming in the background, then yelling in the phone personal. Then agreed a proper factime catch up and lovely discussion over the phone about the cakes. I was met with an arrogant employee who proceeded to judge my demeanour and make me feel like I was calling this company for a favor. Unfortunately, the product is great but the service around this company smells bad. Go where you are treated best.

Sent on 03/29/2019