C. Johnson Makeup Reviews

85 | Albuquerque, NM

85 Reviews for C. Johnson Makeup

85 C. Johnson Makeup Reviews

Marcy · Married on 09/17/2018

I contracted with Christy to do my wedding hair and makeup after finding her here on Wedding Wire. She did a GREAT job. I am not the "typical" bride (age 56, very oily skin, wear glasses), and she took all of that into account when she did my makeup. She listened to exactly what I wanted for my hair, and it looked fabulous. I have very thick hair, but it has some thinning spots at the temples, so she covered those well, and styled it beautifully. This was a destination wedding for us, so I was nervous about not having time to meet with all of my vendors beforehand, but she was wonderful to work with, & was very gracious & accommodating to my desires. She texted me the day before to let me know what she needed from me, and I was able to send her photos via text of what I was looking for so she had an idea ( I had also uploaded them to her website far in advance, but it was nice of her to ask for them via text the day before just in case I had changed my mind about what I wanted). As I found out while she was doing my makeup, she & our photographer are good friends and have worked together often, so she knows how she shoots & used makeup that would be flattering to her style of photos. Thanks, Christy!

Eileen · Married on 07/28/2018

Christy was fantastic! She made me feel beautiful on my wedding day and definitely helped ease my fears the morning of. She was on time, professional, caring, and brought everything needed for hair and makeup and even provided a little touch up bag! It was fantastic to have someone that can do both hair and makeup, it definitely made things very easy for me. She listened to the look I was going for (old Hollywood) and all of our guests loved the look. Though it was more makeup than I was used to wearing, it really worked well for pictures! I would totally recommend Christy if you are looking for someone that can do both hair and makeup.

Stephanie · Married on 06/30/2018

Christy works magic! I wish I looked like that everyday!!

C. Johnson Makeup 1

Anna · Married on 05/21/2018

Christy and Megan were amazing!! Our hair and makeup was beautiful! All of the girls in my wedding party had a great time getting pampered and beautified by these talented women!! I highly recommend!!

raquel · Married on 12/31/2017

There are not enough stars to show how amazing Christy is!

I wasn't planning on getting someone to do my hair & makeup for my wedding day. I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive leaving that up to someone else. However, when a bridesmaid mentioned her experience with Christy for another wedding she was in, I instantly booked! Boy am I glad I did, best decision EVER!

During the makeup & hair trial, Christy made me feel comfortable and I could tell she truly cares about her clients. Leaving the trial, I knew I was in good hands! It was so nice to sit back and enjoy being pampered the morning of the wedding. My hair and makeup came out exactly how I imagined. Could not have been happier. Thank you Christy!

Ellie · Married on 11/11/2017

Working with Christy was a pleasure. She understood my needs and was able to work with me to crest the bridal look of my dreams. She and her team were the utmost professionals and I would highly recommend them!

C. Johnson Makeup 2

Patricia · Married on 10/14/2017

Book early...her schedule fills up quick, she is that GOOD! Used her for my engagement photo makeup, twice and booked her for my wedding next year. Gave her my concerns and she was able to address them. After she was done, I couldn't believe how great my makeup was and it lasted from an afternoon photo shoot to the end of night after a dinner party, no touchups. So easy to work with, just outstanding!

• Sheri

Sheri · Married on 09/23/2017

Christy and her co-worker did an amazing job! They arrived right on time and listened to what kind of look the bridesmaids and I were looking for. They also made sure we were good to go and did touch ups before they left. I was very happy with how it all turned out! Thank you Christy!

C. Johnson Makeup 3

Caitlyn · Married on 09/21/2017

Christy is fantastic! She's very knowledgeable and also intuitive, so I looked just as I had imagined on my wedding day. She works quickly and efficiently, but never seems rushed. And she indulged me when I got very chatty after my second mimosa. I would definitely recommend her to anyone needing professional hair and make up for any occasion.

Esther · Married on 09/16/2017

Christy was incredibly professional and extremely efficient. She catered my bridal look exactly how I wanted and I couldn't have been happier. She took wonderful care of my bridal party and they were all thrilled with their hair/makeup. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a hair/makeup artist for any special occasion. Her pricing was affordable and it is worth every penny. You will not be disappointed. Thank you Christy for making my special day everything I had hoped! You are wonderful!

Rachael · Married on 09/08/2017

Everything was perfect and I was so happy to have you do makeup/hair for my wedding:)

Stephanie · Married on 09/02/2017

She was absolutely amazing! I was from Texas and was not able to meet with her prior to my wedding day in New Mexico. She far exceeded my expectations. She was even able to fit my mom in on a last minute request. I would absolutely recommend her.

Janiece · Married on 08/05/2017

Christy did a great job on me and my wedding party. She and her assistant were patient, flexible and really met the requests of each individual. They were even great at working with different shades of skin color and types!

Ashlie · Married on 07/20/2017

Christy was great. Everything was finished a little earlier than planned and no one felt rushed. They made me and my bridal party feel beautiful all night.

Leticia · Married on 07/07/2017

The ladies from C. Johnson Makeup made all of my ladies look wonderful on our special day! I am so glad I chose them! I highly recommend for any kind of special event or wedding!

Liz · Married on 07/01/2017

Christy is amazing. So talented in both makeup and hair ! I was so pleased with how everything turned out and so were all my bridemaids. We all looked so pretty!!! Christy and her crew were there on time (all the way out in Taos!), had a great timeline for us so we all got done in a good amount of time but not too early . They were dressed professionally, and were super sweet and willing to accomodate our requests. I didn't feel like I had on a ton of makeup (that cakey feeling) because they do the airbrush foundation so you feel fresh actually which is great! The hair was also top notch. It stayed put all night ! I highly recommend Christy and her team at C. Johnson!

Cindy · Married on 06/24/2017

Working with Christy Johnson and her assistant Chrissy was a complete pleasure. My daughter looked absolutely amazing on her wedding day! Chrissy was so helpful in getting our wedding party set up. Christy was wonderful to work with, her makeup talent exceptional. We were so happy to have C. Johnson Makeup as our stylist for this most special day.

Catherine · Married on 05/20/2017

Christy absolutely wonderful, but she is also very busy. Since both of us had busy schedules, my preview was the week of my wedding. Which worked out fine, just make sure the schedule your preview as early as possible.

• W

Wendy · Married on 04/22/2017

Nothing but professionalism coupled with a great outcome for hair/make up!! I absolutely loved how my hair and make up turned out for myselves and my bridesmaids! The price is more then reasonable. Great women, fantastic results!

Julie · Married on 04/15/2017

Christy was amazing! I was nervous I wouldn't like the outcome of my hair and makeup the day of my wedding. After my preview with Christy, I was absolutely certain I was going to love it... and I did:) Christy had great suggestions as to what I could have done with the length of my hair and she did a fabulous job with my makeup. Thank you Christy!

Laura · Married on 04/09/2017

I had C. Johnson do hair and makeup for my wedding on 4/9/17 and Christy and Megan were amazing! Not only were they completely professional (arrived on time, kept the room clean) they were so much fun! It was like having two more of our best friends in the room. I was getting a bit nervous before they arrived (normal wedding jitters) but once the girls got there, I relaxed. They helped us relax by being fun and laughing with us. It meant a lot to me and my bridesmaids to know we were in good hands. Now to the hair and makeup: flawless! Everyone looked incredible and felt amazing! The products used are high quality and I our makeup and hair lasted all day/night. I hope I have another event where I can use C. Johnson's services. I would highly recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Amanda · Married on 03/18/2017

Christy and Megan are simply amazing. They did an incredible job managing myself and wedding party on the big day. We all looked stunning and couldn't have been happier with their work. Christy was easy to be in contact with before the wedding and answered all my questions in a timely manner. On the day of the wedding, we kept to the schedule we had made prior and everything flowed so smoothly. I would recommend Christy to anyone on their wedding day.

Kathy · Married on 10/15/2016

They were very efficient and worked well with our huge bridal party!

I booked C. Johnson Makeup for my bridal shower, pre wedding party, and of course for the wedding day. Christy and Megan did a phenomenal job. They were professional and saw my vision while helping me to decide what I wanted. I look forward to booking them again in the future for all my important life events!!