C & J Entertainment Agency Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

1 User Photo

C & J Entertainment Agency 1

Kyle · Married on 09/06/2014

Chris Temple and his assistant were absolutely fantastic, from wedding planning all the way through our big day. C&J Entertainment was recommended to us by a friend who is an event planner, and who had attended a number of events with Chris before. My now-wife and I met Chris on an evening after work (he was very accommodating to our busy work schedules!), and he helped us plan on our big day, including recommending which parts of the ceremony would require songs (there were a lot more than we thought), and helping us determine what kind of mood we were hoping to achieve.

On our wedding day, Chris was incredible in ensuring that everything went perfectly. We received numerous compliments from our guests (and our parents!) that the music for the day was absolutely perfect, from the cocktail hour all the way through the last dance. Chris was so helpful in ensuring that all elements of the day - cocktail hour, meal, first dance, party-dance, cake-cutting, etc - transitioned seamlessly. We had an absolutely perfect day, and Chris was a massive part of that. I would highly, highly recommend C&J Entertainment to anyone looking for a crew that is great to work with, knows music in and out, and is incredible at ensuring that the big day is absolutely perfect.

Dan · Married on 09/01/2014

Absolutely an amazing wedding experience! We considered 3 other DJs. But as soon as we met with Chris we knew he was the best DJ for us! We actually had a list of songs that we wished to hear during cocktail hour and the dance party. We were provided with honest positive feedback about our music choices. Very open minded to work with us. Throughout the entire wedding we had such a great time and guests commented that it was best wedding they ever attended! It was really nice to not have to worry about wrong songs being played at the wrong time or anything. Very professional, reasonably priced, and over all fun time! Everyone danced the entire time. What an awesome experience we had and I'd suggest C and J entertainment to anyone for any type of event. Thanks C and J for an awesome wedding we'll never forget!

David · Married on 08/09/2014

From the beginning, C&J Entertainment's Chris Temple was enthusiastic and proactive in ensuring my daughter's wedding reception entertainment was the most successful it could be. He made suggestions and offered guidance and ideas based on a wealth of success-based experience. When the day of the event arrived I felt confident all would be perfect...and it was! The DJ, Jesse, was on time, immaculately and appropriately attired and ready to go when the guests arrived. He followed the agenda and music program faithfully while remaining flexible to the needs of the bride and groom as they arose. The professionalism, the equipment and the DJ's personality made the reception a truly memorable occasion! I highly recomment C&J Entertainment for whatever event you have in mind!

Chris was the best dj! He helped us with the timeline, pick songs and coordinate our whole ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Chris made our reception the fun party that we wanted! Highly recommend this company!!

Lauren · Married on 07/19/2014

C&J Entertainment is a great choice for your wedding DJ. We decided to go with C&J after seeing what an awesome job Nathan did with my sister's wedding - he kept people dancing all night and made sure everything went smoothly. Unfortunately, we found out a few weeks before our wedding that Nathan had left the agency. Instead, we had Karl Hunt and he was fantastic - he made sure to play our must-have songs, checked in with us when guests requested music, and made suggestions to make sure our night went smoothly. He also came over when we finally sat down to eat to let us know that we had some time and could relax (we were eating as quickly as possible), which was wonderful. Karl also got on the dance floor to teach our guests how to do the wobble - so much fun!

Prior to our wedding, we worked with Chris on music selections, timelines, and logistics. He was easy to talk to and very knowledgeable - he helped us pick some awesome songs, cut our mother/son and father/daughter songs to the desired length, and was responsive via email.

We also rented uplights through C&J and were very happy with them - they were as promised.

We would highly recommend and will be using C&J for all of our events in the future.

Liberty · Married on 07/04/2014

Chris was fantastic. He helped us think through our music selections and helped define the order of events for the evening during our first meeting. He was very knowledgeable, helpful, and accommodating. He was great to work with and really made the planning process easy.

During the wedding, Chris helped move things along, was incredibly professional, and made sure everyone had a great time. The music was exactly right for each part of the evening from the cocktail hour to the dancing at the end. The wedding was exactly what we wanted and the music and entertainment was a large part of that. I would definitely recommend C&J to others looking for an outstanding DJ.

Having Chris DJ for us helped make our event amazing. He read the room perfectly and played to the people. I went to another wedding with another DJ from the group and Chris is definitely worth the money.

Katherine · Married on 05/11/2014

Lenny was an amazing DJ!! Everyone was dancing all night long! I highly recommend working with this company, very professional and great service.

Alicia · Married on 05/09/2014

Thanks Chris and Jesse! posted 5/11/2014 (updated 5/12/2014)
    We decided to get a DJ sort of last minute (about two months out)and C&J came highly recommended. I was out of the country, so I did most of my communicating with Chris by email. He listened to what I wanted and came up with a perfect agenda for the night. Jesse was our actual DJ for the event and he couldn't have been a better fit. He listened to what we wanted and made everything happen perfectly. We gave him a general list of music style and artists that we wanted and left everything but a few songs up to him. We both loved the music he picked and got numerous comments from guests about how great the music was. He did a great job adjusting the schedule as needed and was incredibly friendly and professional. We couldn't have been happier, and the fact that they were able to pull off such an amazing night with such short notice and limited input from us makes it all the more impressive!

Rachel · Married on 04/26/2014

C&J was AMAZING! My husband and I still talk about how great he was and so do our friends! We actually wound up needing Chris to do our cocktail hour somewhat last minute but it was no problem for him. He really listened to what we wanted and took the time to get us comfortable with our choices, showing us many possibilities and helping us narrow it down. Not to mention Chris got the party going and KEPT it going! I had friend comment that they wanted to sit down to rest, but couldn't because they wanted to dance to every song! I would recommend C&J in a heartbeat and I have to several ppl looking for a wedding or event DJ!

Dawn · Married on 04/05/2014

I have never been to a wedding where folks were on the dance floor the entire night! All of our guest commented that this is the best wedding they've ever attended and C & J Entertainment was a big part of that! Chris made a point to ensure that all names were pronounced correctly. He 'read' the crowd and chose music that kept everybody moving! He was a great MC too. I would highly recommend C & J Entertainment!

Cathy · Married on 03/29/2014

C &J Entertainment was very helpful and easy to work with in planning our wedding. I was very nervous about the music and there was no need to be. Karl was our DJ and he was absolutely great! He double checked some things with me throughout the reception to make sure we were on the same page and he always found a way to make it work exactly like we wanted it.

Mallory · Married on 02/15/2014

C&J was great!

My husband and I originally planned for a Christmas time wedding, but we had to change the date to February. We also were doing all of our wedding planning from the West Coast. Chris was great at working with us via email to set everything up, and called several times to verify everything was just how we wanted it. The week of the wedding, a bad storm rolled through the area, and interrupted the travel plans for our hired DJ, so Chris graciously stepped in without charging us any extra even though he usually goes for a higher fee. He was fun to work with and kept everyone on the dance floor the entire time. There were a few last minute changes to ceremony/reception order the day of, and Chris was great at ironing out any wrinkles and flexing to the changes (I don't think I was super helpful or directive in terms of what I wanted, so I really appreciated it). Chris also had a few great suggestions on songs, etc, that were fun additions to the fun party atmosphere we wanted to encourage.

C&J Entertainment provided music for both the ceremony and the reception, and everything went pretty much exactly how we wanted it. They were easy to work with, flexible, and fun - I definitely recommend!!

Debbi · Married on 12/27/2013

The disc jockey kept the reception on schedule and rolling. Many of our guests came up to tell us how great the music was, and how organized everything was. A good DJ is a definite must for a successful event!

Mary · Married on 11/30/2013

Absolute fantastic experience working with Chris! He worked very hard to make sure everything ran smoothly and that we had the perfect song selections. He made the reception absolutely perfect and enjoyed by all. Kudos to him and his hard work!

Chrissie · Married on 11/23/2013

Chris from C&J Entertainment was the DJ at our Annapolis wedding this past weekend. He was incredible! Not only is he such an experienced professional who provided us with phenomenal service from start to end but he is also seriously gifted in song selection and reading a crowd. Our dance floor was packed the ENTIRE night (even during dinner). Our guests had the time of their life and sweated through their nice clothes to prove it. Our #1 goal for our wedding was for it to be a FUN dance party and without Chris that would not have happened. He made sure every detail was thought of & an added bonus is that he is hilarious and now feels like a friend of ours. I would recommend him to anyone planning a wedding without hesitation. He is, hands down, the best DJ I've ever seen at a wedding. THANK YOU CHRIS

Stephanie · Married on 11/15/2013

Hands down ……our wedding reception was amazing thanks to Chris!!! From the minute we met him it was if we had known him for years!!! Funny, down to earth, and knew how to plan a party!! It was if we were in the moment even during our initial consultation. Chris outlined our entire reception, gave us great suggestions, and he kept us on time. Our dance floor was always pumping and what an amazing job he did with our intro song and first dance mix!!! Don't even think about planning your wedding with anyone else!

I was very pleased with Chris and his professionalism and attention to detail. He provided the sound system for the outdoor wedding ceremony which was a bit of challenge as we had 25 mile per hour winds. The reception was a big success and great fun. The music was great and Chris helped keep us on schedule. I received many comments that this was the best party ever. I would definitely recommend Chris and C&J Entertainment.

Ciara · Married on 10/26/2013

DJ Lenny did an amazing job at our wedding! He played everything that we requested – including some more obscure traditional Polish and Irish songs that we wanted to hear. He has a very pleasant personality and made the energy of the night happy and joyous =) His timing was impeccable. He read the crowd extremely well and was able to gauge which songs would fit the particular moments and moods of the night. He is extremely gifted in his craft and we were very fortunate to have him at our wedding! Thanks to him, everyone had a wonderful time and we are so grateful! We highly recommend DJ Lenny and C & J Entertainment for any special occasion!

Chris was awesome! He really listened to what we wanted and the type of music we wanted him to play. He was very flexable to work with and paid attention to detail through out the whole recipition and planning. He did a wonderful job to make sure everyone was having fun and dancing! We would definitely recommend him to others for a wedding DJ!

Kevin · Married on 10/19/2013

Dj Nate from C & J Entertainment was the DJ at our wedding in Columbia, MD and he was absolutely amazing!! All we have heard since the wedding was how good the DJ was and how much fun people had. The dance flow was literally filled with people dancing the ENTIRE time. He did both the music during the ceremony and the reception afterwards. He took all of our suggestions and requests and compiled an excellent line up of music for the whole night. I couldn't recommend DJ Nate any more. There is nothing else to say. THE PERFECT DJ!

Kim · Married on 10/18/2013

DJ Chris is awesome! My husband loved working with him for our wedding and we cannot stop talking about how down-to-earth and entertaining he is. Our whole family is still raving about the wedding and I continuously keep giving Chris the credit. The DJ is "THE" person who keeps the party rolling and ensuring folks are having fun. Chris has done numerous weddings (I've been to 2 plus my own) and everyone raves about him. I would HIGHLY recommend DJ Chris and his services at C&J Entertainment for your wedding. You will not be disappointed.

We used Chris at C&J for our reception last weekend and had an absolutely wonderful time! Nearly all of our guests stayed on the dance floor the entire night! He asks the right questions in advance to prepare- we also used his recommendation for the schedule of the night's events.

He was a great MC, introducing himself to family members and speech givers, ensuring everyone knew and was comfortable with the plan. Throughout the night he read the crowd perfect, keeping the energy and excitement high all night. We had a lot of amateur DJs in the crowd, and hearing them declare it 'The best night ever' was the ultimate compliment. Thanks Chris!

alyce · Married on 10/12/2013

Jessie was great and so was Chris. They worked with us throughout the planning process and were able to include all the music that we wanted for that day. They were friendly, knowledgeable, and very professional.

Jaclyn · Married on 10/05/2013

Chris was amazing! He is so high energy ALL the time. Meeting with him really gives you an idea of how your entertaining your event will be. Chris gave us power over our music selections (everything from country-oldies-old school rap-pop) and somehow melded it into an outstanding party. We are dying to come up with an excuse to use Chris in the future!