C & J Entertainment Agency Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

1 User Photo

C & J Entertainment Agency 1

Elizabeth · Married on 06/13/2015

C&J was recommended to us by our wedding planner, specifically Chris Temple.

Service: Two in person consultations, numerous phone calls, especially the days leading up to the wedding, and a walkthrough with our wedding planner at the event site. We appreciated the face time which allowed us to get to know him (he is ridiculously funny). The consultation also helped shape the time line for he entire evening from pre ceremony music through the reception.

Quality: Chris is F U N and interacts with the crowd. It was really important to me that the event flowed naturally without having to direct people and Chris helped make that happen through transitioning music. Our wedding happened to be on the weekend of the first heat wave of the year...and it was an outdoor wedding. Chris asked my husband and I a few times throughout the night if we were ok with changes to the music. These changes reflect Chris's ability to observe the crowd and make changes to keep them engaged and dancing the night away...and that we did!

Value: For all of the consultations and compliments from guests, hands down the best check we wrote for the wedding.

Side note: My wedding planner and Chris get along really well and have worked together before which really eased a lot of the planning process.

Nearly six months later and my friends still tell me that it was the best wedding they have ever attended. I am pretty sure it may be the only wedding that didn't play a slow song as well...had to keep the party going in the heat!

A sincere thank you to Chris for his attention to detail, making us laugh, and ensuring that we had the best night of our lives.

Jeff · Married on 06/06/2015

Chris Temple did a tremendous job as the DJ at our wedding and I would give him the highest recommendation. Leading into and planning the event, he was flexible, organized, detail-oriented and accommodating. He also likes to have fun and keep things loose during a stressful time. At the event, he was absolutely flawless. He stuck to the script, had everything planned out perfectly, gave us sound advice and kept the party going for the duration. Numerous guests approached us and said that he was the best wedding DJ that they ever had. I've been to a lot of weddings and I concur.

Selecting C&J Entertainment was the best decision I made while planning my wedding...other than choosing to marry my new husband (so weird to call him that!) Jason. If you're a bride looking at different options like I was (dj? band? should I ask my fourth cousin who she had as a DJ at her wedding, that guy was decent right??) - book C&J and you won't regret it. I didn't realize how important a DJ was for a wedding - we met with Chris twice in person, and he is simply very good at what he does. During those meetings, he asked questions about things I didn't even think of beforehand (I was like I have a dress! I have a venue! I have cute Etsy decorations! what else do I need to plan?) - and Chris nailed down answers to questions like, who's walking your mothers down the aisle/what time to cut the cake/announcing the open seating arrangement/etc. He's a skilled professional. We ended up choosing Chris as our DJ (he did our outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music), because we liked him so much (Chris & Jason bonded over their shared musical tastes/Chris found a way to incorporate Jason's love of obscure indie music into the wedding in a way that I (being a top 40 queen) was happy with). And the most important thing I can say about Chris - our guests danced like we all just found out Brangelina randomly decided to financially sponsor our life choices. So many of our guests praised Chris' DJ skills. He read the crowd perfectly, and played the songs to keep everyone pumped and dancing. I can't recommend C&J high enough.
    *his song editing skills are fabulous - including edits of piano music, Taylor Swift, Muse, and Van Morrison - word of advice, Taylor's hard to edit:)

Megan · Married on 05/24/2015

We had to find a DJ in a pinch since our original DJ didn't work out, and Chris was SO helpful and flexible, both with the time and our budget. Preparing the music list, schedule, and reception lighting was fun and straightforward, and the staff DJ who did our wedding was awesome!! The party was rockin and everyone had a great time. Totally wonderful experience.

Sherry · Married on 05/23/2015

Let me just begin by saying that initially we thought we could do our wedding reception music 'ourselves.' You know, with our laptop, our playlist, and the venue's house sound system. Luckily, we had a wedding coordinator that put us in touch with Chris Temple at
    C & J Entertainment. I CRINGE to think about what our reception would've been like if we'd followed-through with that plan. Simply put, having Chris provide our reception entertainment was hands-down the best decision we made throughout the planning process. I'm sure all the DJs who work under him at C&J are good as well....but Chris is OUTSTANDING! Our guests absolutely LOVED him. He could read the crowd perfectly and kept the entire evening so fun. Also, I would be remiss if I didn't mention how great he was to work with during the planning stages. (He was literally like family as we were trying to layout the music selections and timeline for the evening, etc). He was so very helpful with suggestions, recommendations and ideas. He was ALWAYS available and eager to chat whenever we had any questions. I can't imagine our event without his expertise!!

Jenny · Married on 05/15/2015

We had DJ Jesse at our ceremony and reception. From our first meeting with Chris, we were very happy with the responsiveness and professionalism at C&J.

Chris helped us pick out ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music and let us decide everything while giving us great input. We could not have been happier with the energy the DJ brought to the reception and how timely he was with everything. We would definitely recommend C&J.

Joe · Married on 05/02/2015

These guys were absolutely amazing from the first time we talked to them. We started planning a year out and Chris was always quick to respond to help us. The price included 5hrs of time as well as colored lights that were placed around the exterior of the reception room. We were able to meet with Chris a few months before the wedding and he met us at the venue in Annapolis and showed us how everything would be set up. Matt was our actual DJ at the wedding and he was the best. He called a few days before the wedding to go over names, songs, timeline, etc. I had never actually sent him a timeline (on accident) and he basically ran the show without it which was awesome. He is the reason that everything went on as scheduled because we got so caught up in the reception and were no help to him. Along with the music we requested, he played amazing music and the dance floor was packed the entire night. Couldn't have asked for a better company to be the DJ. They were very accommodating, affordable and professional beyond belief.

C&J was great!!! Played awesome music and very friendly. Made my schedule for the wedding day perfect!

We contacted C&J based on a recommendation from a friend who had also used them. Chris was flexible in meeting with us on a weekday evening and even accommodated us when we needed to postpone it at the last minute. He talked to us about the kinds of music we liked and how the music was usually structured throughout the evening. C&J ended up being the only DJ we contacted and we don’t regret it for a second.

Chris was great throughout the process. The contract and payment process was a breeze and he always kept in touch without overwhelming us with requests or check-ins. He was also incredibly patient when it took us a little while to return all the paperwork and make our music selections.

Chris booked Lenny as our DJ, which was great since he had also done our friend’s wedding. Lenny called us a few days before the wedding just to make sure he understood how we wanted everything. He also went over pronunciation of everyone’s names and totally nailed it on the day of our wedding. (A challenge for our wedding party, I promise!) Throughout the entire reception, my husband was going on about how much he loved every song Lenny played. Overall, I would definitely recommend C&J! They were the perfect balance of fun and classy. Our wedding day was a blast thanks to them!

Melanie · Married on 04/18/2015

C and J Entertainment was flexible and extremely helpful. They played only the songs we wanted to hear on our wedding day and stuck to our "do not play" list as well. Karl was the DJ for our wedding day and he made sure to keep us on a timeline while maintaining a professional and upbeat attitude. We would highly recommend them for any event.

We hired Chris at C & J Entertainment as our wedding DJ. We were impressed with his "grab the bull by the horns"-type attitude at our initial meeting and are so happy we decided to go with him! He played the music just as we requested and kept our guests entertained and on the dance floor.

Tiffany · Married on 03/07/2015

C&J Entertainment was fantastic! We met with Chris at his office and had a great conversation with him, so he would understand our style. He laid out the perfect timeline for our event. He edited our first dance on-site so we knew it was what we wanted. We had DJ Lenny who was super accommodating and kept the music going. We never left the dance floor! We asked to continue the party for an extra hour and he was excited to keep playing music. Couldn't have asked for anything more!

Megan · Married on 02/28/2015

If you are looking for a DJ, Chris Temple is the man for the job. He was awesome to work with providing excellent suggestions for keeping the flow going on the wedding day. Our friends and family couldn't stop raving about how great the reception was with everyone dancing the entire night! Chris made the process very easy and was willing to work with us at very flexible hours and dates. Chris went out of his way to make sure everything was perfect for the day. His rates are definitely worth the value.

My husband and I also had the pleasure of seeing Chris again for a friend's wedding two weeks after our wedding. Once again, Chris and assistant Dave did an outstanding job pumping up the crowd. We highly recommend C&J Entertainment!

Cathy · Married on 01/03/2015

played music for everyone. everyone was dancing

Lauren · Married on 10/18/2014

I planned my entire wedding. Don't waste your time searching for the perfect DJ. Chris @ C&J is the best. There are multiple reasons, but I'm not allowed enough words in this box. HE IS SUPER RESPONSIVE, ENERGETIC, KIND and kept me sane during my wedding.

Do yourself a favor, go with Chris.

Nancy · Married on 10/18/2014

Have used C&J twice for wedding receptions and the DJ's were great. The music was exactly what we requested and all our guests had a good time. They were on the dance floor a lot! Only wish it could have lasted longer!

Chelsea · Married on 10/12/2014

Chris Temple was a fantastic DJ who kept our wedding moving from start to finish! He met with us several times prior to the wedding to discuss everything from the specific songs we wanted played to how the evening would flow and everything in between. He played every song we requested, even to the point of obtaining specific songs he didn’t already have in his very impressive library. When he played his own music, it was perfectly balanced so the older and younger people at the wedding had fun all night.
    Our meetings prior to the event were fun and casual. Chris has a great sense of humor, but was nothing but professional and courteous to our guests, making sure everyone had fun all night without ever drawing unnecessary attention to himself. I had several people come up and say that we had a great DJ and they loved the music during the cocktail hour, dinner and dancing! A DJ can make or break a party, and Chris definitely made the night unforgettable for us. I'm going to recommend C&J Entertainment to all of my engaged friends!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/04/2014

Selecting our DJ was one of the most difficult decisions during the planning process and I cannot be more pleased that we hired Chris Temple for our wedding. He provided absolutely everything I could've possibly imagined and more for our wedding day! After the initial phone consultation, I knew right away that he was what I was looking for in a DJ. He was very professional and responded to any questions and emails right away. I didn't have an exact vision for the reception, so Chris suggested an order of events, song choices for different parts of the wedding, and many other ideas that were perfect and exactly what I hoped for. Chris is funny and outgoing, and his energy had everyone out dancing the entire night from the very first song to the last. All of my guests commented on how amazing he was and how his song choices were so great. He also provided the uplighting for the reception and spent an hour with me on the phone working with the colors to get the exact color I envisioned which also turned out perfect. If you are looking for a fun wedding reception and someone to keep all of your guests on the dance floor the entire night, Chris Temple is an obvious choice for a wedding DJ!!!!

Victoria · Married on 09/27/2014

Karl was our DJ for our ceremony and reception. He was professional and very polite. He followed my detailed timeline and incorporated all the special songs and tributes I requested. Many people have commented on how great the music was. Chris spent quite awhile with me beforehand editing songs for our special dances and the processional. This vendor is top notch!

Caitlin · Married on 09/27/2014

Chris was amazing to work with! He really understood how I wanted my wedding to flow and had great suggestions. Everyone was on the dance floor the whole time, and I have been told my music was the best playlist from so many people!!! He did such a great job and made my night so perfect!!

Tony · Married on 09/26/2014

Chris Temple was an amazing DJ! I firmly believe that a wedding is remembered by how good a DJ is. Chris played amazing songs and kept the flow of the party going so well that people are still talking about our wedding months later.

Chris is also very easy to talk to and invests himself emotionally in your wedding. It really made my wife and I happy to see this.

Chris was wonderful! All our guests keep telling us the dj did an outstanding job!

working with Chris was so effortless and easy! At the last minute our musician fell through to play our introductions and Chris, without stress, played our songs! He even kept our timeline on track and was so accommodating! He's got a great sense of humor, too, to help get through the whole craziness of the day!

• Erin

Erin · Married on 09/13/2014

Carl was our DJ and he did a wonderful job! We had met with a different person at our pre-wedding meetings, so I was a little nervous when Carl called a few days before the wedding to say he would be doing it, but he did a great job. He was very polite, low-key, and professional, keeping everything moving without being obnoxious or "look-at-me!" He played all the songs from my extensive must-play list and had a good sense of other songs I would like. If anything, he was TOO good-- the photographer kept trying to pull me over for more photos but I didn't want to stop dancing! Many people commented on how good the music was and a lot of people of all ages were on the dance floor. Thank you, Carl!

Angie · Married on 09/06/2014

We sat down with Chris to talk about what his company had to offer and we were sold right away. Chris has an awesome personality and is great to work with. He has a structure to his weddings to get people on the dance floor and it worked without fail. We were concerned at first because we didn’t know how we felt about not knowing our DJ until closer to the event but Chris assured us there would be no problems. With so many other great reviews we figured we would go with his company and are glad we did. We had DJ Ed and he was great, and Chris even made an appearance at our reception after his event ended earlier in the day. Our dance floor was packed all night long and everyone said told us how much fun they had. A+