C & J Entertainment Agency Reviews

405 Reviews for C & J Entertainment Agency

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

405 C & J Entertainment Agency Reviews

Jamal · Married on 06/04/2016

Definitely use C&J Entertainment! Chris is really good to work with. You can tell that he is passionate about what he does. He also is very familiar with ALL types of music. When he initially meets with you he plays different songs and feels out the vibe that you are looking for with your wedding. And gives spot on recommendations for songs. Once he gets a feel for the right music you are looking for he assigns a DJ that knows that music well. He is also very organized and considers all details. The DJ even MCs the wedding as well. So no need to pay extra for an MC. There is none better than C&J entertainment! And on top of all of this.. the price was the lowest price I found compared to looking at other DJs. Don't look any further, go with C&J entertainment.

Erin · Married on 06/03/2016

We used C&J for our ceremony music and reception. Chris was great at helping understand the timing of ceremony tunes - I was really nervous about the processional music and he helped edit the music selections so they fit the timeline great. He also gave great advice on tweaking the playlist for the reception that I created and I valued his input. Our DJ, Karl, was the best. We wanted a combination of music we selected and some we didn't played and Karl created a great playlist and got the party off to a great start. Our reception was a BLAST and Karl made sure of it. C&J is incredibly experienced and I can't recommend them enough.

Paul · Married on 05/21/2016

Chris and Lenny were absolutely amazing throughout the process! Chris did a great job helping me figure out how to explore a lot of different genres and Lenny executed it perfectly on our wedding day! Sara and I are truly thankful we had the pleasure to work with them and would recommend them to anyone!!

Thank you guy again!!

Paul

• Sara

Sara · Married on 05/21/2016

C&J were amazing from start to finish. My husband was in charge of the DJ and music selection and he couldn't have nailed it more! Chris was so fun to work with. We met with him a few times before the wedding to work on the time line, song selection, and song editing. He is really high energy and hilarious. Our actual DJ for the wedding was Lenny. Lenny was great! Our playlist was a little different and had a lot of different types of music- but he made it flow perfectly. We are still getting comments about the amazing song list and dance party. Thanks guys for making our wedding so memorable!!

Genevieve · Married on 04/23/2016

I learned about C&J Entertainment from a recommendation by a coworker who had used them at her wedding reception. She couldn't say enough good things about them so I reached out to them for my wedding. I would highly recommend C&J Entertainment. I corresponded mostly with Chris, until two days before my wedding when I was contacted by our DJ, Damian. Both Chris and Damian were great to work with. Chris was very responsive, has reasonable pricing and gave us good advice about music and the order of my reception. When my fiance and I met with Chris two months before our wedding, we could tell Chris knew exactly what he was doing. It was then we knew we had hired a great DJ service.
    Our DJ did a fantastic job at our reception. Our guests literally danced all night. We had so many compliments on the music and that it was music everyone could enjoy. I would recommend C&J to everyone and anyone.

Christy · Married on 04/16/2016

Matt of C & J Entertainment did a great job DJing for our wedding! Chris was with us in the planning, editing down our first dance, father-daughter and mother-son dances so they wouldn't be awkwardly long, and helping us figure out an event timeline, and Matt kept us on that timeline the day of the wedding! When the maid of honor made a bathroom break during the toasts, Matt moved on to the next speaker and smoothly came back to her upon her return. He kept us in the loop when things diverted from the plan, gave us his suggestion (which of course we followed), and it all worked out perfectly! He did a nice job of playing more oldies/classical rock for the older guests early in the evening, which got everyone dancing, then transitioned to Top 40 and more current music as the older folks retired for the night and the younger guests gained more liquid courage. C&J also provided uplighting for the three floors of our reception venue, and it looked great and added a nice ambience to the space. I can't recommend them too strongly!

C & J Entertainment did an outstanding job at our New Year's Day wedding. Chris is an upbeat, fun guy to work with. Highly recommended.

DJ Chris is the absolute best! He was the DJ at my Matron of Honor's wedding and my husband I knew then that when we got married we would hire him. Chris did not disappoint and was very professional. If you're looking for a DJ that will have almost everyone at your wedding out on the dance floor, he's your guy!!!

We knew we'd hire Chris when we met him in person for an interview. He walked us through all the wedding events and essentially gave us a timeline--without even knowing we'd hire him! One of the above-and-beyond things he did was work with my now-husband on transferring special family music from records to mp3s so they could be played at our dinner and for the Mother/Son dance. We had another meeting about a month out to smooth all the wrinkles out, make final selections, and edit our special songs. By now, this man knows human/wedding nature, and will concoct the perfect mix of songs, events, and edited music. Then, the Monday before our wedding, he requested one more walkthrough of our wedding over the phone to go over the timeline, the songs, etc. I loved that he offered to do that, because we actually tweaked things just a bit more perfectly. On the wedding day, he was early, ready to play music on time, nailed name pronunciations, nailed our music, and kept the dance floor packed. I, the bride, even stayed on the dance floor all night long, save the 5 minutes I went over to cut the cake. My family and friends loved the music, and we got so many compliments for how the day went, thanks to Chris and his assistant. We're very happy with his work, and we're so happy we picked him!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/04/2015

Chris is the best DJ ever. A true professional. He met with us twice before the wedding to review our music list. He made sure he had every single song we wanted to hear (music was the theme to the wedding so it was important the music was PERFECT). We were VERY specific with songs. He gave us ideas on where certain songs should be played, during the cocktail hour, during dinner, early reception, etc. and we were very thankful for that. Chris was very professional and FUN. I cannot say FUN enough!! He let my 6 year old nephew jump at his table and pretend he was a DJ. He even worked with my husband for a surprise slide show for weeks leading up to the weekend. HE MADE OUR WEDDING. If there's anything you take away from this review, it's this: The DJ runs the show. Don't go cheap on your DJ. He will find his way to you when the next part of the wedding is supposed to happen and he gets things moving. From start to finish, you rely on your DJ. The party is in his hands! Chris was the best DJ ever and I would totally pay to party with him again. Thank for everything Chris.

Steve & Liz

• Sheri

Sheri · Married on 10/03/2015

I can't recommend C&J enough for your wedding. Chris and Karl were fantastic!!! Chris helped us through the planning process and selecting our music. My dad and I planned a special father-daughter dance which included parts of 4 different songs and Chris patiently worked with my dad until the edit was exactly what he wanted. At the wedding, Karl was everything I could have asked for! He kept the dance floor packed and people excited. Karl kept my husband and I in the loop about what events were next but I didn't feel overwhelmed by information. Guests raved about the music at our wedding and how much fun they had dancing! My other wedding vendors commented to me on how great Karl was and they see wedding DJs all of the time. My day of coordinating loved Karl so much she is going to start recommending him to her future clients. Call C&J and Chris and ask to book Karl for your wedding!

Katie · Married on 10/02/2015

Chris and Karl were amazing from C&J Entertainment! We worked with Chris for our initial consultation. He was great and walked us through the whole wedding and what type of songs, and how many songs, we should think about. For my husband and I, this was great, because we are not huge dancers or music people. Chris gave us some inspiration and ideas, and we were able to take it from there. About a few weeks before the wedding, we emailed them our preferred songs, and Karl, our DJ for our wedding, gave me a call. He went through what I had sent over, and made sure he had everyone's names correct and pronunciations. During our wedding, Karl was great, he kept to the timeline! He would kindly remind my husband and I what was next, and how much time we had until our next event (ie. bouquet toss, cake cutting, etc). He was also able to work with the list of songs we gave him, and could see our music style and improvise. I would highly recommend this company for any DJ needs!

Karin · Married on 09/26/2015

Matt from C&J was the DJ at our wedding and he did a fantastic job. We got so many compliments throughout the reception about this music, and he did a great job reading the crowd and blending our list of "must have songs" with other music that fit in with the vibe. He approached us multiple times throughout the evening to double check details and make sure we were happy with the way the party was going. We loved having him as our dj!

Stephanie · Married on 09/25/2015

C&J entertainment did a fabulous job for our wedding at the Paca House. Chris worked closely with us on our song choices - everyone commented how great the music was! Thank you!

Sarah · Married on 09/19/2015

Great music, our vision of everyone up and dancing came true with Chris!

Courtney · Married on 09/04/2015

I can't say enough great things about C&J Entertainment. From the first email inquiry until the last minute of the reception everything was beyond our expectations. We always looked forward to meeting with Chris - his passion and energy will make your decision so easy for you! Every meeting was so fun and we left his office even more excited for the wedding. The thought that went into every song was incredible. We were apprehensive at first that we weren't going to have Chris at the wedding, instead one of his associates but we were blown away - Karl was AMAZING! From the first dance to the very last dance - the dance floor was PACKED! The BEST compliment you can pay a DJ. Karl was very responsive, he made sure all of our requests were taken care of and definitely WOWed our crowd. 2 weeks later - people are still talking about how much fun they had. Your DJ is a very important decision and trust us you cannot go wrong with C&J. Thanks Chris and Karl - your skills made our day perfect!

Aqualyn · Married on 08/22/2015

Chris of CJ Entertainment WOWED us in so many amazingly positive ways, and that's not easy to do. I totally see why they have all of those best of the best reviews. Not only were they loads of fun to work with, I must say that Chris is the most sharply dressed DJ I've ever known. Okay, to be perfectly frank, they were so much fun to work with that I didn't even mind the image of them coming in a tee; but when they busted out on the scene like a corporate head? Nice! We loved them and thank you them for making our party one that easily worked off 2000 calories per person! Partying with Chris is good for your health!

Very helpful with creating playlists, and giving ideas

Todd · Married on 08/15/2015

When my wife and I started planning our wedding, admittedly we didn't think too much about the music. When we started to do so, we realized there was much more detail involved than we initially realized. After talking with Chris and everyone at C&J Entertainment, they were incredibly professional and knowledgeable. They took their time and let us know what we needed to think about and gave us very insightful direction on how to pick the music we wanted to play and how the flow of our reception should go. They put us in touch with a great DJ who followed our reception script perfectly. Since our wedding day, attendants have continually told us how much fun they had. Everyone at C&J Entertainment deserve credit for making that happen. I highly recommend their services.

Elizabeth · Married on 08/08/2015

We had Chris as our DJ for our wedding and he did a fantastic job! All of our guests were raving afterwards about how good our DJ was. We truly enjoyed working with him. He made planning the big day fun and enjoyable. I would highly recommend using Chris as your DJ.

• Reese

Rebecca · Married on 07/25/2015

I worked with Chris before the wedding and Karl was our actual DJ. Chris was extremely helpful during the planning process. He helped me create a timeline and suggested when we do certain things. He edited our main songs and was very quick to respond to emails. Karl was the best DJ we could have asked for. He contacted me the week before the wedding to go over our timeline, names, and song choices. He approached my husband and I a few times the day of to alert us to when he would be making the next announcement and making sure we were enjoying the music he was playing. I cannot recommend them enough!

The owner Chris is welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful. He really took the time with me and went above and beyond to create my now husband and I's vision. I used their DJ and up-lighting for my wedding and everything was perfect. I went over every detail, Chris and DJ Matt listened to everything I wanted and executed it perfectly. My family had a great time dancing and my husband and I enjoyed every second. Thank you Chris for all of your hard work editing numerous of songs for our wedding! They turned out great! You will not be disappointed if you go with this entertainment service! The prices are affordable and the value is 5-star!

Our DJ, Karl, was so great at communicating with us throughout the night as to where we were in our schedule, when special songs were going to be played, etc. He was a pleasure to work with, and our guests LOVED the music! We tore up the dance floor all night, and had a great time! Thanks, C&J

C&J provided a great service for our ceremony and reception music. We worked with Chris and Karl and both were great! Our meetings were with Chris in the C&J office - he provided us with a lot of good ideas and was flexible after we made changes and last minute additions. They are reasonably priced as well. Karl was our actual DJ and although we did not meet with him in advance, I spoke with him the week of to review the agenda, name pronunciations, requests, etc. He was upbeat and also made great recommendations. We would recommend C&J to anyone in the MD/DC area!

Such great service from this agency. We met with Chris in the office to set up music and the uplighting and then he had another DJ actually do our wedding. I'll admit, I was a little nervous because we had never met the DJ, but he was AWESOME! The dance floor was packed the entire time and everyone raved about how great the DJ was. I couldn't have been any happier :).