byDesign Films Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra D. Married on 07/20/2019

An Amazing Wedding Experience

We are so incredibly happy that we went with ByDesign for our videography. They were extremely helpful with customizing our videography package to match our vision for the wedding day. We purchased the same day edit package, so we could play our first look footage at the reception. The team was extremely timely and productive to make this happen in a short amount of time. Our friends and family were blown away with the short film and loved the ability to witness such a private and intimate moment for the two of us. It added a super personal and unique touch to our wedding that our guests had not seen done at other weddings. ByDesign is the reason this element was executed so well. Not to mention, our wedding day was outdoors for the first look, ceremony, and reception; a huge thunderstorm was in the forecast that day. They did an outstanding job of capturing aerial footage of the different locations before the terrible weather hit. For these reasons, we are extremely pleased and glad we made the decision to go with ByDesign. We look forward to relive our wedding day on our one year anniversary and cannot wait to show our children in years to come. :)
  • Tori
    Tori Married on 06/08/2019

The best film team there ever was!

The byDesign team exceeded every expectation I had. From the very beginning, I felt like capturing every moment was their top priority, and they went above and beyond throughout the entire day. Tim also arrived early to check in with me, see what I needed, and worked with the rest of my vendor team to truly capture everything! I was so grateful and overwhelmed with all that our wedding day brought, and I am so confident that the video footage will help us relive the magic and emotion for the years to come!
  • Camille
    Camille Married on 04/06/2019

Goosebumps!

It was a little over our budget to get ByDesign Films, but after looking through so many other videos from other suppliers for so many days and hours... we found that their style, cinematography, storytelling, and package options were what we found most suitable for us! I edit videos myself, so I have very specific things I am looking for in edited videos. After we got our Instagram video and our Highlight Film, my husband and I were just so blown away! They truly captured the best parts of our special day and wove them together so beautifully. They took into consideration all my very detailed requests, and I really appreciated that. Their videographers were so flexible and friendly on the day of our wedding and made us feel so at ease. Their coordinating team was also amazing, efficient, and very professional. My husband and I have absolutely no regrets and we are so very happy that we invested in a wedding video with this vendor! :)
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer S. Married on 03/08/2019

Excellent!!!

High quality videos and a professional team that is very responsive!
    Michelle Married on 09/02/2018

byDesign is Amazing!

byDesign could not have been any better! Not only were they incredible to work with leading up to the wedding but they made us feel so at ease and comfortable as they shot the wedding and captured every moment spectacularly. We LOVE our films and are so grateful for the amazing work that they did. If you are looking for a videographer for your wedding, they are the best!
    Jackie Married on 08/04/2018
    We couldn’t be happier with by Design Films as the videographer for our wedding. From the very beginning the team was responsive and helpful with suggestions to help make the day one we would never forget. The videographers day of were not only very professional but also stayed behind the scenes while capturing the evening. We can’t wait to see the final product, thank you for memorializing our wedding!!!

Doug & Jackie
    Jessica Married on 05/11/2018
    byDesign was probably the most easy to coordinate, most flawless parts of our entire wedding. Our project manager, Vanessa Walden, was an absolute dream. She was incredibly responsive and always respectful and professional. She handled all of my requests and questions promptly and remained extremely organized, kind and courteous throughout the entire process. On the day of filming, our videographer, Larry, was awesome. He was kind and respectful and took amazing footage! The entire process far exceeded my expectations and the films are beautiful. The sound quality and resolution are top notch.
    Dan Married on 08/04/2017
    The surprise of a lifetime was made possible by the excellent team at byDesign Films. My wife and I previously agreed not to hire a videographer to save money, but on Christmas morning she woke up to two beautiful films of our wedding day. From the very beginning, byDesign films was extremely accommodating with this unique request. Brittany was great at presenting the options and explainging every process along the way. Our videographers, Larry and Christopher, were very talented and professional. They embraced the surprise and operated under the disguise of photography students. I still can't believe how they captured every moment without drawing any attention. Months after our wedding, we were introduced to Vanessa who delivered our films. Vanessa & Brittany were truly amazing to work with, and made the surprise possible. As for the films: They look like Hollywood movies! Every aspect of these films was top notch. From the music, to the action shots, byDesign Films certainly delivered.
    Trish Married on 12/03/2016
    We just received our wedding video! WOW it's the most amazing wedding video I have ever seen! They captured everything so beautifully, our emotions, love, and joy on our wedding day. Everyone that has seen our video as cried.
    We live in Florida, but had our wedding in San Francisco, where we got engaged! We choose byDesign Films to video our wedding because of the amazing reviews and beautiful wedding videos seen on their website. We could not have hired a better company to video our special day! They were never in the way and we hardly noticed they were videoing through the day. We will always cherish our wedding film they have created for us. ByDesign Films is the BEST!!!
    Rachael Married on 09/24/2016
    ByDesign has given us unbelievably beautiful video footage that we will treasure for years to come. Michael was terrific to work with and made us and our guests feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. Most importantly, he captured all of the details and moments that made our day so special. The difference in quality of his work compared to all the other videographers we looked through is night and day and worth every penny. Hiring ByDesign was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding and are so happy with the video!
    Stephanie Married on 07/11/2015
    Josh and his team are amazing! Our video turned out better than we could've ever imagine! We're so happy with it and cannot wait to share it with our future children.
    Alexandria Married on 05/31/2015
    Hands down the best there is! You get what you pay for and the are worth ever penny. This is one of the most important parts of your wedding, you won't people you can trust. without a shadow of a doubt you can trust them to do an amazing job!
    Nilam Married on 05/03/2015
    Josh was amazing to work with from pre/during/post wedding. Our wedding video captured all the special moments. Composition, Timing, Editing, and Color all beyond our expectations. Thank you Josh and team! Your work was truly impeccable. We couldn't ask for more :)
    Dominique Married on 05/01/2015
    Josh and his team were absolutely great! I found ByDesign on theKnot.com and of all the vendors I had previously reached out too; as soon as I seen Josh's work I knew he was the one for our wedding! Our package included a highlight video (about 4-7 minutes usually) and a full day video that sums up our entire wedding day (roughly 45-60 min). We had him and his team all day and when I say all I day I mean from start to finish! I wish I could give 100 stars because 5 just isn't enough! Thanks again ByDesign!
    Matt Married on 03/29/2015
    Video came out great and easy to work with!
  • User2017077 2+ years ago
    We hired Josh and his team at byDesign Films to shoot our wedding video and we couldn't be happier. Actually, we were totally and completely blown away! My husband was so happy that we not only pulled the trigger and had a video of the day, but that we hired byDesign Films to make it. I was speechless when I saw it. Seeing it changed how I saw the entire day. As the bride, the big day escapes you, no matter how present you try to be. There is just so much you miss because you're either tucked away in the bridal suite, or can't get to the see everything you set up at the wedding because you're too busy taking pictures with every single person that came. So when I saw the video, and how they captured it, I FINALLY felt part of it. Everything I worked so hard on came together and made sense. And it was far more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. What they captured and created was like a movie, and we were the stars. That's how mind-blowing the quality of work is. All because Josh and his team showed up, hours earlier than anyone else, blended into the background and just shot away. They took shots I had totally forgotten to ask them about. They captured all those sweet little moments that were so dear to me, like my mother and I at the ceremony, when she stops and rests her head on my shoulder, for just one last moment together before the ceremony began. Priceless.
    Josh was quick to respond to all my emails and inquiries, the packages he offered were easy to understand, and flexible. We were able to pay for the video in installments which was such a huge help. That way we could get through the event and all the other payments and not have to worry about our final video payment until the video was complete. The entire process, every step was simple and quick. The absolute best money we ever spent!
    Here's a link to our big day, enjoy: http://vimeo.com/115727367
    David Event on: 05/01/2014
    We are an online education company. We have used byDesign over and over again for our corporate video needs. Josh and his team continue to exceed all our expectations. He captures the emotion, the energy, and the experience. He is a master at his trade. We were thrilled with the process and the final cut footage. If you are fortunate enough to be able to work with byDesign, I trust you will have a similar experience. You are welcome to email me for more information.
    Bethany Event on: 02/01/2014
    Highly, highly recommend to anyone! Not only is amazing that we can now have special memories recorded on a film, but the way it is created into an incredible short video that truly captures all feeling and emotions as if you were there. Now I have a fantastic video of my sons first birthday to share with him as he grows older. For all of his friends and family to share with. I wouldn't have anyone else but byDesign captures these moments of history.
    Penne Event on: 02/01/2014
    Josh Tyvan has an amazing gift to bring together a story with picture. He works so well with everyone involved. You can see his love for film. He has a an eye for detail. He delivered the end product in a timely fashion with amazing quality. I'm so pleased with the memory that he has given our family. I would highly recommend him and by Design Films for any filming venues
  • User1580833 2+ years ago
    Loved the outcome of the final product. It was a great and positive environment to be in. Had a lot of good ideas just right on the spot, and truly took the time in creating a great product.
    Matthew Event on: 08/17/2013
    Josh and his team captured the designing, casting, and setting of the ring I proposed to my Fiancé with. They had great ideas for various shots and angles that documented a piece of history that we will be able to look back on forever with our friends, kids, and grandkids! byDesign was very professional and took all my personal input and preference into consideration when taking the shots, which I appreciated so much. I will and already have recommended them to friends!
    Thanks Josh! Your team was great!
    Jackie Married on 07/12/2013
    From start to finish, Design Films was always professional, but also there every second we needed him and he always felt like a friend, even after the wedding! That has got to be my favorite, his work is amazing, but you gain a great friend by booking him as well. I would do my wedding over again a million times (cause it was the best day ever), but also because looking at that video makes me cry every time. Thanks again Design Films!!
    Ann Married on 06/23/2012
    Josh was great to work with! He was easy to work with and communicate with throughout the entire project, from pre-wedding planning to editing the final project. He easily caught my vision for my wedding day video, and was able to capture the big day perfectly. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a talented videographer for their event!
  • Judy
    Judy Married on 05/27/2018

Great videography team!

My husband and I knew we wanted to capture our wedding day with not only photos, but video as well. We talked to a few videographers, but we knew we wanted to go with ByDesign Films. They mentioned that we had a lot of flexibility with our video, including choosing the song. Additionally, they worked with us to meet with our budget as well.

After we booked with ByDesign, we had a project manager that answered all our questions and made sure our videographers would capture all the highlights of our wedding day. She was super responsive and helpful!

Our videographers on our wedding day were very professional as well. When we received our video, we wanted a few changes and they were happy to make those changes.

Overall, we are very satisfied with ByDesign Films team.
  • User1770991 2+ years ago
    Wow! Josh and his team just totally surpassed Kelly and myself's expectations for our wedding video coverage. His young and hip crew was very professional and flexible. Good communication throughout the process and very timely with the responses. He accommodated each one of our requests and even did a few extra things out of their way.

Everyone loves our short wedding video highlight and we will surely forever watch it over and over to remind me and my wife's special day. The timing and the story line just meshes so well and very entertaining. Would highly recommend them to all my friends. We are very satisfied. Thanks again guys!