15 Reviews for M by Mickie Make-Up Artistry for All Occasions

Wedding Party Makeup (1)
Eye Makeup (1)
Natural Makeup (1)
On-Site Makeup (1)

WOW! Where do I even start with Mickie? First of all, she knows her stuff. A sign of a fantastic artist is the ability to adjust his or her skills to fit the exact needs of the client, even when the client is not quite sure what they want in the first place! I noticed this right away when Mickie came to my future mother-in-law’s house for a bridal makeup and hair trial. Right from the start she and her wonderful husband-assistant, Anthony, not only worked with professionalism and finesse, but they also made us feel as though they were old friends. Mickie listened to what I was looking for, made helpful suggestions, and even went with some of my crazy ideas for a look that had been floating around in my head for the past year. This carried over into the wedding day, where Mickie made adjustments to my look and added so much fun, joy, and positivity to the dynamic of the bridal party. We could not have been more relaxed or excited for the evening. So thank you, THANK YOU, Mickie and Anthony for giving us so many memories for our wedding day- we all felt confident and absolutely gorgeous!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Mickie and her assistant, Anthony, were wonderful to work with. Mickie was very friendly and easy to work with throughout the entire process from booking her services to wedding day hair and make-up. I highly recommend working with Mickie! She is very talented and she will make sure that you look glamorous for your big day!

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Mickie was a pleasure to work with. Having her do my make up for my wedding was one of the best and first decisions I made while wedding planning. Hair and Makeup was one thing I knew I was not going to want to worry about on my wedding day. I did tons of research, read reviews, looked through online portfolios/social media, and watched YouTube videos.

I contacted Mickie and within a couple hours we were on the phone getting to know one another. I knew right then I met my beauty consultant for my big day.

I scheduled a makeup trial, which I highly recommend if possible; especially if you are not accustomed to wearing makeup because it allows you to see what you may or may not like and adjust as needed before your big day.

Mickie has a great talent and passion for what she does. Her personality and kindness kept me calm and collected the entire morning of my wedding day. She has got an amazing system with her Husband and “Helpmate” Anthony. Setup, cleanup, and breakdown took little to no time allowing Mickie to focus entirely on me. I love how they were able to document my hair and makeup for the trial run and wedding day as my before, during and after. Teamwork Makes The Dream Work!

Just like Mickey Mouse says, “If you can dream it, you can do it.” Boy! Oh boy! did Mickie make my dream a reality. I have never felt so beautiful as I did on my wedding day.

Profile Picture Christine, 5/18/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

The fun and laughter of our wedding day started the instant Mickie and her lovely assistant, Anthony, walked through the front door. Booking M by Mickie to do the hair and make-up for our wedding in Yosemite is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. We came all the way from Australia and even though we’d been communicating via email for months, I didn’t get to meet Mickie until the wedding day so there was no time for a trial make-up session.

Mickie exceeded my expectations by a mile. My maid of honour and I were so thrilled with the look she created for us. When she finished, Mickie took the time to check every aspect of our make-up with us – eyes, brows, cheeks, lips – to make sure that we were absolutely happy with all of it before she started packing up. She brought the most sophisticated and professional set up, complete with portable lighting. The whole outfit was so impressive and, best of all, Mickie had the skills to match.

Aside from our fabulous hair and make-up, Mickie was an absolute delight to be around. She is warm and friendly and makes you feel relaxed instantly. She’s an excellent communicator, so professional and just a beautiful person. I simply cannot thank Mickie enough for being such an amazing part of our day. She will always hold a special place in my heart.

Photo for M by Mickie Make-Up Artistry for All Occasions Review
Profile Picture Dani, 1/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

I just had my hair and makeup trial with Mickie a few days ago. What a great experience! Let me tell you, I'm not really one to do well with getting really done up and not feeling (and looking!) like myself. But Mickie put me right at ease. First of all she had me provide her with hair and makeup looks that I liked and then she took the time to ask me about what I liked about the looks. She really listened to what I did and did not want and created a really lovely look for my upcoming wedding. The makeup application was beautiful. I feel like she was really able to accentuate my best features. She took time figuring out my thin, fine hair and was really able to get some body in there and make something beautiful and fun happen! Also, Mickie just has a really fun and welcoming personality which made me feel really comfortable. The worst part of the trial was at the end when I had to take my hair down and wash all that makeup off!

Also, my mom was present at the trial and is planning to have Mickie do her makeup on the wedding day. My mom can be a little...difficult, particular, blunt. Mickie handled her like a pro and took time to explain to her her makeup process and listened to my mom's concerns for the wedding day. After Mickie left my mom said "she was great!". Nice job Mickie! She's not an easy lady to win over :)

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I have nothing but great things to say about Mickie and her husband Anthony, who assists Mickie. I have gone through hair and makeup two times with Mickie. First for my epic pre-wedding photoshoot (May 2017) and the second for my actual wedding (Sept 2017). Mickie is not only a trained artist (she was trained in LA doing celebrity makeup), but she is also very professional, understanding, and definitely will put the client's needs and desires first. She takes tremendous pride in her work and it's very important for her that the customer is happy with their looks after the session. Both times, my hair was perfect and my makeup was flawless. She knew when to apply heavier makeup (photoshoot day), and when to give me a more natural look (wedding day). She is excellent at color matching makeup against your natural tones, and she uses very high quality products on both makeup and hair styling. I was pleasantly stunned to see the outcome, she is a very talented artist!

I would recommend Mickie if you are looking for quality, highest levels of professionalism, and a stunning outcome. She will not disappoint! I look forward to working with Mickie again and will definitely recommend her to my friends.

Profile Picture Joanna, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

If you are lucky enough to get married in Yosemite National Park or any of the places nearby, do yourself a favor and book Mickie Hanson. She is phenomenal and so talented. I booked a consultation with her a few months before my wedding so we could plan my Wedding Day Look, and it was worth the time, effort, and pennies. We created a beautiful look for me, and because of that consult, she had more time to spend on my mom and MOH. Her positive energy before, during, and after our makeup session helped me feel so good that it carried me throughout the day. Mickie's hair and makeup held up despite the wind, the hugs and kisses, and all the running around with our photographer to capture beautiful pictures. Towards the evening, our guests all asked how was it possible that I still looked as fresh and beautiful as I did in the morning. I think that is one of the most wonderful compliments that any bride can have on her big day. I adore Mickie and thank my lucky star that she was part of my wedding day team.

Profile Picture Hang, 10/14/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Mickie is a ray of sunshine! She did a great job on my hair and makeup for my wedding. Went by the pictures I sent, was willing to travel, & even stayed within my budget. Love her!!

Profile Picture Joy, 9/14/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Mickie did a wonderful job on my wedding make-up and hair. She is friendly and just fun to be around. She was prompt and and you could really tell that she loves her job. She made me feel beautiful for my special day and in all my pictures. I would recommend her to anyone who needs hair and make-up and would definitely use her again for any special occasion. Thank you Mickie!

Profile Picture Jenell, 7/7/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Mickie was not only on time but 10 mins early! I wanted to look outstanding for Prom. I wanted to feel and look beautiful for once and that is exactly what was achieved and much more all thanks to Mickie she is such a sweetheart and so professional. My hair and make-up stayed all night long and was so perfect. People were jaw-dropping when realizing "that really pretty" girl was ME! I even decided to hire Mickie again for Senior pictures, next prom, graduation, wedding, etc. Mickie is awesome, prices reasonable, make-up wonderful, so professionai felt like a celebrityl, and so sweet. THANK YOU MICKIE! :)

Profile Picture Sara, 5/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

We chose Yosemite Park as a destination wedding location and I was torn about what to do about my make-up. We kept the wedding small and intimate and part of me wanted to just do my own make-up, but my step-sister (and Maid-of-Honor) chastised me: “You say you don't care now, but if you don’t like your pictures, then you won't like looking at them for the rest of your life.” She was right – I was spending a lot of money on our photographer so I agreed to have her locate a make-up artist for our big day.

She found M by Mickie because her fees seemed reasonable (some others local artists were outrageous!) and I had no idea what to expect since there was no way I could fly across the country to meet Mickie before my big day.

But Mickie was fabulous! She was pleasant, cheerful, and very talented. She made me feel comfortable and the love she has for her job was immediately evident. She isn't doing this solely to make a living, but because she genuinely enjoys doing it.

She did a wonderful job on my make-up and it lasted the entire day, through our morning ceremony and evening reception. I also learned the joys of false lashes and other make-up tips from her.

I’d received so many compliments from strangers on the day of, telling me how beautiful I looked, and the photos all turned out amazing! I look like a model in them!

I would highly recommend M by Mickie for wedding make-up, but I can see how she can translate her skills to any type of make-up work.

Thanks again, Mickie, for helping make our big day flawless!

Profile Picture Runa, 7/7/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I Love Mickie. She is such a great make up artist, and a really good friend. Shes very personable, flexible, and very professional. I highly recommend Mickie due to her being all you could ask for in a artist. shes nice, and lets you decide what you want. shes also extremely energetic, in her personality, and in her work. she makes you feel like a princess; that you are the most important person in the world. Mickie is just great. Great in every aspect. and im sure that if i ever get married, i will ask HER to be my make up artist. shes fabulous. Not to mention beautiful from H2T(Head to toe). I highly recommend her services.

Profile Picture steven, 1/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Mickie did a lovely job on my hair and makeup for my wedding last year. She is very easy to work with and very professional. Mickie knew what would look good on camera, and my makeup lasted all day. I would confidently recommend Mickie for anyone's special occasion or photo session.

Profile Picture B, 10/8/11, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Mickie did my make-up on July 5th, 2008 for my wedding. She drove an hour and a half to meet me near the location of the wedding. She did a beautiful job, and I looked the way I had always hoped on my wedding day. I am very particular about my make-up. I rarely wear much make-up and am always wary that it will look unnatural. Mickie accentuated my features without using too much make-up that would make me feel uncomfortable.

Profile Picture Danielle , 7/5/08, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Mickie did an awesome job. I felt completely relaxed and very comfortable with her doing my makeup. She was very professional and showed me a few tips. If you want to look and feel beautiful book M by Mickie.

Profile Picture Marnie , 5/2/98, 1 Review