Butternut Farm Golf Club Reviews

155 | Stow, MA

155 Reviews for Butternut Farm Golf Club

Originally my husband and I were hoping to get married at the vineyard where we got engaged, but we decided it was best to “shop around” because of our tight budget and large families. Butternut Farm was actually the first venue we visited, they had some time to show us around before the vineyard did. We met Hope, and she was wonderful. She was very welcoming, showed us around and explained various options for the ceremony and the reception. Even though there was snow on the ground at the time, you could tell how beautiful the grounds were, and the reception space inside was just gorgeous. We fell in love. We knew this was the place, even without seeing any other venue. As we talked more with Hope, she informed us of a cocktail reception. It’s much shorter than a typical reception as is does away with the cocktail hour and the dinner hour. But hors d'oeuvres are served for the first 2 hours and then desserts for the last hour. And the best part of this, is it’s about half the price of a seated dinner. We chose this option so we could invite more family and friends, and we felt it had a party feel that fit our personalities better. For our detailing meeting we met Erin, who was great at answering questions. If she couldn’t answer off hand, she got back to us very quickly. She helped us plan out every little detail. The day of the wedding, Erin was there to make sure everything went smoothly. She was amazing. She helped coordinate all the vendors, and made sure everything and everyone was where they needed to be when they needed to be there. The whole evening went flawlessly. Which I feel is unheard of when it comes to weddings. Everyone loved the food, and everyone felt well fed even without a full dinner. We cannot thank Hope, Erin and the rest of the staff at Butternut Farm for making our day perfect and stress free.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/19/2015

We had our wedding at Butternut Farm on September 19, 2015 and could not have been any happier with our choice!! From the moment we first expressed interest in Butternut, to the final few minutes of our big day, we knew Hope & Erin had our best interests in mind! They made an amazing team to help the day run smoothly and left no rock unturned.

On the day of the wedding, the venue was absolutely beautiful and exactly what we had imagined! Erin ran everything professionally and smoothly, even when we had a set back in our day. She communicated everything between our vendors and took all the little details off of our hands!

I can't say anything but great words about our experience! 5 months later and guests are still raving about the venue and food! It was the absolutely perfect day!! Thank you Butternut for helping our dream day come true!

Sent on 02/10/2016

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff at Butternut Farm Golf Club, especially Hope and Erin. Butternut Farm was the first wedding venue we visited on our search. Hope was so welcoming and reassuring during what could be a stressful time. She made everything sound easy and reassured us that they would be there to help along the way. After seeing just two other venues, we knew no other place was going to stand up next to Butternut Farm. Hope was right, from start to finish during the planning process, she and Erin helped us with everything, from details that we may have overlooked, to helping me find a place for my bridesmaids and I to get our nails done in the area. As the big day got closer and closer, Erin was always quick to respond to my questions and concerns (I mean responses within 24 hours!). On the day of the wedding, Erin ensured that everything went smoothly and made the day completely stress free for us and for our bridal party. The staff during the ceremony and reception were wonderful! We have had many people comment on how nice everyone was and how great the food was! I was so happy to get to enjoy our food from the cocktail hour and drinks while we took pictures too! It was so delicious! Overall, our day was perfect and a great deal of that credit goes to Hope, Erin, and the rest of the Butternut staff. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/24/2015

Kerri · Married on 06/13/2015

We are so glad that we chose Butternut Farm as our wedding venue, everything was amazing ! Hope and Alana were great, they really helped with every detail and made sure everything turned out perfect ! On our wedding day Alana took care of everything, I didn't have to worry about a thing !She made sure my husband and I had everything we needed all night, as well as all of our guests! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding coordinator ! Everyone had a great time , we didn't have one glitch that day ! The golf course was perfect for pictures, the food was so delicious , it really was the perfect day , thank you Hope and Alana, you two are the best !! :)

Sent on 06/26/2015

Michelle · Married on 06/06/2015

We knew immediately after meeting Hope and touring Butternut Farm Golf Club that this would be our wedding venue. They were so kind, responsive, and accommodating throughout the entire wedding planning process. They truly made planning our wedding easy. The day of the wedding, Erin and the BFGC staff all excelled in what they do and helped us navigate through our evening without a hitch. The food was amazing, especially the butternut squash raviolis. Our guests loved the venue, the food, the staff and have not stopped talking about how great our wedding was. It was just perfect. Thank you Hope, Erin, and all the wonderful BFGC staff for giving us the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Jacklyn · Married on 05/30/2015

I honestly don't have one bad thing to say about this venue. Property was beautiful and well taken care of. Very clean and beautifully maintained. From the day we went to view the venue till the day of our wedding it was a great experience. Everyone was more then helpful and friendly. And accommodations we needed they provided.
    The day of our wedding was perfect. We had someone taking care of just me and my groom to make sure we always had something to drink or anything else we needed. Food was delicious. Erin really went above and beyond to make sure we were happy for our wedding day. I would recommend this venue to anyone!!!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Heather · Married on 05/24/2015

As soon as my husband and I got engaged I knew the Butternut Farm was going to be one of the place we looked at. My sister had gotten married 4 years prior and this was one of the venues we looked at for her wedding. As soon as my husband and I arrived to meet Hope for a tour we fell in love with the venue and especially the view. We had a very short engagement and Hope and Erin were absolutely amazing to work with and no matter how many questions I asked they were always there to answer me. We had our ceremony on-site at the first tee. The view was amazing and having the bride and groom and bridal party up there was all we needed. The scenery was amazing for pictures afterwards also. The guest then moved to the octagon room for Cocktail hour and were able to see us take our photos. The guest raved of the appetizers that we had.(I was so busy I did not enjoy one). Erin and the staff were also very attentive to me and the bridal party. The Reception was in the Heritage room which is absolutely breath taking also. The décor was just perfect and with all the surround window and the beautiful grounds it all just added. The food was amazing also, We had the filet and Lemon Breast of Chicken. All my guest raved about the food. You dream about you day probably your whole life and our wedding here was just perfect. I could not have been Happier with everything that occurred that day(although I wish that day could last forever). I thank Erin for helping me through the day and making sure that everything was perfect. The price is very reasonable which made it easier for us to have a short engagement. I would recommend this venue to anyone getting married.

Sent on 07/02/2015

Karen · Married on 05/09/2015

I recently had my wedding reception on May 9, 2015. My husband and I are pleased with how everything went on our wedding day. All of our needs, and the needs of our guests were taken care of. The food was excellent! We still have guests telling us how beautiful the reception was, and how much they enjoyed the food.

Karen Corga

Sent on 06/20/2015

Jamie · Married on 04/25/2015

I wish there were more stars I could give Hope and Erin at Butternut Farm Golf Club. We used Butternut Farm as both a ceremony and reception location, and I can't say enough wonderful things about them. What a hidden gem!
    1) The pricing is more than fair. It is all inclusive, so you pay a per person price, but so many is included in that fee such as food, tables, chairs, waiters, bar service, a day of coordinator, champagne toast etc. If you were to pay for all these things individually, it would be much less affordable. The best part is there are no fixed costs--you only pay for the guests that attend!
    2) Erin is a magician! She was a day of coordinator, and took care of everything, including helping hang flowers on the wedding arch while we were taking pictures. If there were any problems with the wedding day, I don't even know about them, because Erin took immediate care of them.
    3) Hope is a true professional and a delight to work with. You will want to have your wedding there when you meet with her, and see how she responds to your vision. She also was able to answer literally any questions I had (almost immediately) for the year that we planned the wedding. She also is incredibluy transparent when explaining prices, so you know exactly what you are paying for.
    4) Butternut Farm is a family owned business, which was important to me. They also have a list of vendors that they work with, many of whom are also independent businesses.
    5) They make all the food on site, and the food is delicious.
    I'm so thankful that I found them, and for Massachusetts couples looking for a classy, beautiful venue, I know you will love it as much as we did. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Jackie · Married on 04/11/2015

We chose Butternut Farm for several reasons. I have outlined some key points below.
    1.) Interaction with Hope and Erin: At the first meeting, Hope was very helpful in answering our myriad of questions and walking us through the grounds and reception area. During that meeting, we were told that we would work with Erin in the months leading up to the wedding as well as the wedding day. Hope remarked that Erin ran things like a "well oiled machine" and from that point I was sold. It was important to me that on our wedding day, things moved along and time spent on the dance floor and having fun was maximized - given that Erin approached this with a project management "hat", I knew that it would fit my style. On our wedding day, Erin held true to her reputation. EVERYTHING ran smoothly from the beginning to the end of the night. I can only imagine how many things are thrown at her during the night, but you would never know it. I had several guests comment "She (Erin) is on it!".
    2.) Value ceremony and reception services: I thought the cost was reasonable for everything you receive. I took advantage of the several "freebies" that I don't think most venues offer, these included: framed table numbers, mirrored charger plates with hurricane candles/glass votives. This cut down on the stress of orderingthis together myself as well as the cost of purchasing these items. Of course there are several other important items included in the package. The appetizers and dinner service was also wonderful - all of our wedding guests remarked that they truly thought the food was delish - go with the stuffed filet :)
    3.) Flexibility/openness to work with us: Everything we envisioned for our day was welcomed with open arms. Leading up to our big day, it was unclear if we'd be able to get married outside. Erin worked with us on several options and was really flexible and thought out of the box to come up with alternatives, so appreciated.

We are very happy with our decision!

Sent on 05/23/2015

Sharon · Married on 11/22/2014

My husband Michael and I can not say enough great things about Butternut Farm Golf Club! From the moment we chose the venue Hope and Erin went above and beyond making sure every last detail was in order, they sure made the wedding planning experience a joy! The grounds were beautiful, the ballroom is gorgeous (we loved the fireplace and ficus trees w/ white lights, elegant touch!), the dance floor is big, the restrooms are updated and extremely clean, the staff was SO helpful and accommodating, Erin made sure EVERYTHING was in place and timed perfectly, and our family and friends still talk about how delicious the food was! Everything went just as planned! We had our dream wedding at Butternut and wouldn't have changed a thing! We highly recommend this venue!

Sharon and Michael Toscano

Sent on 04/09/2015

Kelly · Married on 10/25/2014

Butternut Farms Golf Club is amazing!

The staff is amazing! Coordinating with Hope was a pleasure; her sweetness is contagious and makes the planning portion much easier.
    Erin is a go getter, her upbeat energy is also contagious and made us feel extremely at ease throughout our big day as well as leading up to the day.
    We would often email Hope/Erin late at night with questions or concerns and they would get back to us before 7am the next morning!
    We felt Erin and Hope were more like our teammates throughout the process as they always had our best interest in mind and were always willing to go the extra mile to accommodate & satisfy our needs + wants.
    The bartenders and wait staff were very cordial and professional. Our personal server was outstanding!
    The hors d’oeuvres were delicious! As were the main courses, we had the Filet and Stuffed Chicken. They were cooked to perfection and had our guests raving!

The reception hall is located on the top floor of the 2 story building. There is both stair & elevator access. The 2nd story offers great views. There is an octagon room which is great for cocktail hr. There is a terrific long bar just off the octagon room (1 bar tender per 75 guests).
    Across from the bar is an outdoor balcony which also has the great view.
    The reception hall is highlighted by a beautiful fireplace essentially in the middle of the room. The room plays much larger than it feels, we were able to seat 210 guests across 22/23 tables.
    The dance floor has recently been enlarged.
    The restrooms are extremely clean.
    Butternut is weather proof! That is, even if it rains/snows there are locations on the 1st floor under the 2nd floor balcony which allow for beautiful outdoor, scenic photos all while you & your bridal party remain dry and warm.
    The bridal sweet is on the 1st floor.
    Also on the 1st floor is a public bar which is a nice place for early guests to hang while waiting for cocktail hr.

BONUS – Butternut offered free rounds of golf w/ the package

Sent on 12/18/2014

Ariana · Married on 10/12/2014

We had a fantastic wedding at Butternut! Staff were wonderful and so responsive all along with planning. Our guests can't stop talking about how perfect the place was and how delicious the food was. We had a perfect day

Sent on 10/13/2014

Meredith · Married on 10/11/2014

We were so happy to have found Butternut Farm as our venue for our wedding. Their package was affordable, the food was fantastic, and both the event manager and our individual event coordinator went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was exactly what we wanted, and guided us through everything. They either answered us right away when we had questions, or let us know they would get us the answers if they didn't have them themselves. There is nowhere else we would rather have celebrated our wedding!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Laura · Married on 10/10/2014

My husband and I were married at Butternut Farm with an on-site ceremony and reception in their Heritage Room on October 10, 2014. From the time we first met Hope Page (sales) in November 2013, enjoyed the menu tasting in February 2014,and then met Erin Page (coordinator) in May 2014, we were impressed with the coordination and attention to detail from the entire Butternut Farm family and staff. We primarily communicated via emails, which were incredibly timely. The format of their detailing sheet made it easy to see what needed to be finalized at any time. They helped us to customize the flow of our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception and late night menu (the sliders were a huge hit for Chad and all of our guests). They were flexible with us for arrival times, took away the stress of detail setup (weren't scared/overwhelmed by my excessively detailed descriptions of where I wanted everything) and helped to assure the day went smoothly. We loved that we had the venue to ourselves (along with very considerate and understanding golfers), the bridal room and a space for our bridal party to enjoy the cocktail hour before introductions. Butternut Farm is GORGEOUS and has many beautiful areas for photographs, our photographer was thrilled. Our family and friends loved the attention to detail, the quality of the food and the helpfulness of the staff. Many of our vendors are NH based, and were very impressed with all of Butternut. Most importantly, my parents felt comfortable with Hope and Page, thoroughly enjoyed themselves and have been singing praises every time we talk to them. Chad and I cannot wait to drive down and have dinner at the Grille and to visit the staff soon. Thank you! Everything surpassed our expectations :)

Sent on 11/02/2014

Erin · Married on 09/27/2014

My now husband and I knew we had to get married at Butternut as soon as we saw it. We had looked at (what felt like) every other venue in eastern Mass/Southern New England and couldn't find anywhere we wanted to get married. The value at Butternut was also one of the best we found in the area. We first met Hope who is so kind and helpful. Erin is excellent and really kept us on track with getting vendors in the right time frame and all the little details. She always replied immediately to my last minute bride freak out emails. Erin's take charge attitude is just what every bride needs on her wedding day, especially with family pictures- getting everyone to cooperate and keep moving! Everything ran smoothly throughout the wedding day because of her.
    We keep trying to think of things we would have done differently but can't think of one single thing we would have changed. It was a million times better than we could have ever dreamed. Erin and Hope are so good at what they do and we have heard nothing but great things from our guests (especially about the food!).
    We would highly recommend Butternut to anyone getting married.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Chelsea · Married on 09/13/2014

I can not say enough good things about Butternut Farm Golf Club - they provided us with the wedding of our dreams! Inside and out the venue is beautiful and well maintained and Hope and Erin were awesome to work with during the entire wedding planning process!! Our guests are still raving about how great the food was, how good the bar service was and what an overall great experience they had at our wedding. Words can not express how thankful we are to everyone at Butternut Farm who made our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Meghan · Married on 09/06/2014

I got married on September 6th 2014 and had my reception at Butternut Farm and it was truly an amazing day. I have to thank both Erin and Hope for all their help and organization throughout the entire process. They were quick to respond to all my emails and address any of my concerns. The day of the wedding went very smoothly thanks to Erin helping move things along. They really made sure we had a great time and all our guests said the venue was beautiful and the food was great! I am so happy we chose Butternut for our wedding day and recommend it to any brides out there! The price was very reasonable as well! We definitely recommend this venue to anyone getting married!

Sent on 10/10/2014
  • Keziah

Keziah · Married on 09/05/2014

Hope and the team at Butternut Farm did an amazing job! From the very beginning, they were so helpful and lovely to work with. The food was spectacular, and the views at the Golf Club are divine.

I honestly couldn't have asked for a greater staff to work with. My day ran smoothly, and it was all because of this amazing staff.

If you are thinking of having your wedding here, do it! You won't regret it!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Brandon · Married on 08/31/2014

We cannot say enough how awesome the folks at Butternut Farm were in planning our wedding. We booked with them about a year before our wedding date, and they were active in helping us make our wedding amazing from that day to the actual day. The location is amazing, and the reception was simply stunning. Erin and Hope are so easy to work with - they listened to all of our requests and made sure everything was perfect. The staff were amazing, the grounds were perfect for pictures, everything was exactly what we wanted. Save yourself some time if you're searching for a wedding venue, and start (and finish) your search here!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Butternut Farm was absolutely incredible. It is beautiful there. Their staff is so wonderful and anticipated every single need without us even saying it. Our wedding planner, Erin, was so kind, flexible and reliable. She really made sure, as the bride and groom, that it was OUR day. The staff operates like a well-oiled machine. Cannot say enough good things about this venue. We would not have wanted our wedding held at any other place.

Sent on 08/05/2014

The whole Butternut Farm staff was great, they made sure everything went smoothly the day of the wedding. The ballroom was beautiful, high ceilings, bright and timeless. The guests are still raving about the views from the upper deck during cocktail hour and the food! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.

Sent on 08/21/2014

Ava · Married on 07/12/2014

What an incredible night; a night I will never forget. I am so grateful for all Hope and Erin's hard work and support though the whole wedding process but especially for July 12. They were amazing and so on point every second of every minute. Everyone said they had so much fun and loved the venue. It was more than what I expected. It wouldn't have been the same without them, and I truly mean that. I don't have words to express how appreciative I am for Erin on my wedding night. She was so amazing to work with and so receptive to my worries, my excitement, and all my other emotions. It was her who helped me relax and reassured that everything is all set. That job was made for her; she is so good in that role...only a special person can have that job and she does it so well. I'm sad it is over because I won't get to talk to her anymore. We still have our golf passes, so I will just have to stop in and say hello! Thank you so much Erin!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Colleen · Married on 07/05/2014

We had our reception at Butternut Farm on July 4th weekend. From my initial phone conversation with Hope, I knew I wanted to look into Butternut more. The moment we reserved our day, I knew it was meant to be. We had the best time and we couldn't have done it with out the help of Alanna and Hope.
    The venue is beautiful, the golf course is so picturesque and there are so many different options for pictures.
    We were able to visit Butternut several times, which was really helpful. Hope, Alanna and the staff at Butternut are so wonderful to work with. It made the planning process much easier and less stressful! They are both incredibly responsive, attentive, helpful and have some good ideas. They covered every detail of our reception ahead of time and we had a chance to try the food, which was amazing.
    I am so happy we had our reception at Butternut! I would recommend Butternut to any couple who wants a truly memorable event!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/07/2014

I am reviewing long after my event because it has been a busy first year, but I always knew I would come back to review Butternut (and Erin and Hope!) as my amazing venue for my wedding. I could not have asked for a better venue and coordinators. Hope and Erin really guided me and helped make my day special. The meetings beforehand to go over all the details helped keep me at ease (hard to do as a busy bride-to-be!). Erin was wonderful the day of as well! She made sure everything went as smooth as possible (even with a minor medical emergency right at the start of our reception!) and I truly left there feeling my wedding day was perfect. And of course the location was gorgeous and the food was delicious! My husband and I could not be happier and our family and friends still talk about our wedding now a year later! Also a special thanks to Butternut and Alana for our Rehearsal Dinner! We loved Butternut so much we were there the night before the wedding too!

Sent on 07/27/2015