Butternut Farm Golf Club Reviews

155 | Stow, MA

155 Reviews for Butternut Farm Golf Club

Bill · Married on 10/22/2016

We could not have asked for a better venue to host our Wedding Day!

There are beautiful locations all over Massachusetts, but the value of what Butternut Farm brings to the table far exceeds anything we found.... and we scouted over 30 locations!

From the moment we sat down with Hope and Erin (event planners), they made us feel so welcome. We even felt that they truly wanted to be part of our special day, which became even more evident when shortly after leaving our initial meeting, we received an email where Hope thanked us for coming and told us how much she would be honored to host our wedding.

Many of the tours we took were informative, but just factual and impersonal, talking about cost options, where you stand, where you eat, and generally what to expect. Hope and Erin took the time to hear about who we were, when we met, what we envisioned for our day... it was so much more meaningful from the very beginning.

Butternut Farm was actually the first place we looked at... every other tour only made it more clear that BF was the only place for us.

We married on a beautiful fall day in October, and everything was as perfect as we could have expected.

I could go on and on about how wonderful the atmosphere, food, service, bartenders, golf course, and everything were... but you have to see for yourself! If you are thinking of getting married here, look no further. I promise you won't regret it!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Stefanie · Married on 10/07/2016

Hope, Erin, and the entire Butternut team are wonderful! From the moment we met Hope we felt that we were in good hands, like we were part of their family. They were very attentive to everything. I never felt like I was bothering them with any questions I had. I had full confidence on our wedding day that I didn't have to think about any of the details, I knew it would be taken care of. We had such a wonderful experience.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Christina · Married on 10/02/2016

The venue at Butternut Farm is amazing! The golf club itself is so gorgeous and quaint, in the beautiful town of Stow, MA. It's especially beautiful in the fall. It's not your average country club- it feels so much more personal. The reception room is not only beautiful itself , but also has an amazing view of the grounds behind it (including a lake surrounded by trees.) Butternut has three options for ceremony locations, so you can't go wrong if it rains. But the venue itself would be nothing without the amazing staff who run it.

We went to look at Butternut and loved it. Hope greeted us immediately. She was so informative, kind, and personable. She answered literally every question we had before we had the chance to ask it. She let us put a hold on the venue for our date and would let us know if anyone else became interested before we officially booked it. She was so responsive, honest, and helpful throughout the entire planning process.

We then met Erin, Hope's sister-in-law, who is the function manager. She is equally as kind, personable, responsive, etc. She was present throughout the wedding and was by our sides whenever we needed her. She went above and beyond her job description to help make sure the day went by smoothly! She made sure the timeline went correctly , and always gave us the choice if we wanted her to stick to it or not. For example- I did not want our pictures to take longer than 1 hour. She made sure to keep us and the photographer on track. She did things I've never seen another wedding planner do. She pinned the boutonnieres (probably when she realized no one knew what they were doing) , and she even made me a "throw bouquet" last minute during the wedding. I heard many comments saying how well organized the wedding was and how efficient Erin and the rest of the staff was.

And the best part of Butternut and it's staff..
    They make getting married a breeze. They are exceptional, and experts in what they do. Our day was perfect!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Christina · Married on 10/01/2016

I got married in October 2016 at Butternut Farm Golf Club and I can't recommend this venue enough. Not only is it a gorgeous location, Hope and Erin are incredible and will do everything possible to make sure your wedding is truly a dream come true. I had planned an outdoor ceremony and unfortunately, it poured the day of my wedding and we had to move the ceremony inside. I was worried the day wouldn't be what I imagined, but it was so much better. Erin put my fears to rest and I had a blast. I received so many compliments from friends and family on how friendly every member of the staff was and how delicious the meals were. Our wedding day could not have been any better and that is in large part due to Hope, Erin and the entire Butternut staff.

Sent on 01/20/2017

Mike · Married on 09/25/2016

When Nicole and I looked for a wedding reception venue, we only had a few feelings of what we thought we wanted, not a detailed list. We visited hotels, golf clubs, rental halls and caterers. But it wasn't until we visited Butternut until we felt like we found the right place, the right people, and the right package to entrust our wedding celebration to. Hope and Erin made us feel like honored guests at our visit. There was never any pressure. It was clear what they offered and the combination of interior and exterior spaces, along with numerous customization options for everything from food to decor that were included made our choice that much easier. The main room is the ideal vaulted ceiling with beautiful lighting. The flow of the venue continues as a fireplace separates the space for perfect set up of a few fun activities. Beyond that the flow moves to the bar and the octagonal room with a second floor deck and view for all of our guests to watch formal pictures. The space was unmatched and met the needs of our guests perfectly by allowing people to spread out and enjoy the evening the way they wanted, while still being close enough to take in all we planned. As for the day itself, Erin and Hope worked with our vendors and took on all the responsibility. Nicole and I were able to step back, take in our wedding day, and take time with all our family and friends without worrying about any of the planned details. The staff made sure all of our little touches were set up and the presentation of the dining room, reception area, and activity corners were just as we hoped. Finally, the flexibility of the staff made our wedding day just what it needed to be. This is a great place for a wedding celebration, day, evening and night. We would gladly trust our day to their very capable hands again. Thank you again Hope, Erin and all the staff!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

Butternut farm is a dream venue. They were so accommodating and supportive to any need we had. Erin and Hope respond quickly to any questions or concerns. The food and service was impeccable. We can't say enough good things and we would chose them all over again.

Sent on 01/18/2017

Marissa · Married on 09/17/2016

My Husband and I were married at Butternut Farm Golf Club on September 17, 2016, as featured above I gave this venue a 5 star rating across the board and if I could give this place 100 stars I would! I couldn't have picked a better place to have my wedding at, this was our only venue that we looked at and we knew after we left our first meeting we wouldn't have to look anywhere else. Right from the beginning Hope and Erin were extremely pleasant and very easy to work with. They were extremely accommodating and worked with you to make your day the best it could ever be. Our outside ceremony was beautiful and you could tell that Erin, Hope and the entire staff were professionals and they definitely knew what they were doing. My day went off without hitch thanks to the whole staff. The food was delicious and the drinks were amazing. This is a definite recommendation to any couple looking for the PERFECT place to have their wedding. Even if it rained (Thank GOD it didn't on my day) but they have plan B, C and D if anything where to happen. They are 100% committed to making this day yours and even if there is something that you want that they couldn't do they will do everything in their power to make sure it does work.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Jill · Married on 09/04/2016

In our search for our wedding venue, the last place we expected to select for our special day was a country club but we are very glad that we chose Butternut Farm. They were the only place we visited that gave the option of "reserving" a specific date without any immediate obligations. Hope was great giving us a tour and informing us of all the choices we would have and how the wedding could be setup throughout the venue. The outside grounds, although covered with snow at the time, were beautiful on our wedding. The ceremony and reception space were tastefully decorated and only needed small touches to personalize the space. Butternut was very accommodating with the food selections and even granted our special request for a personal pizza for the bride. Erin was super helpful throughout the planning process. She answered all my emails in a timely manner and beyond helpful the day of the rehearsal and especially on our wedding day. All of the staff were great and very attentive. They say you don't get a chance to eat on your wedding day but the staff at Butternut made sure that we and our bridal party were well fed and adequately hydrated! We have heard so many good things from many guests about how great the wedding was and how nice the venue was too. If we had to do it all over again we wouldn't think of doing it anywhere else but Butternut Farm!!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Melissa · Married on 08/27/2016

Seriously cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff at Butternut Farm! They helped to make our wedding reception one of the best nights of our lives. From the very beginning, Hope and Erin made my husband and I feel so welcome and at ease throughout the planning process. They listen to our feedback, gave advice/insight based on their experience, but always made it clear that our wedding day was OUR day and they wanted to make our day as seamless, stress-free, and special as possible. It was easy to see that they both love what they do and really care about their clients. My guests raved about the venue and the food (the food is incredible) - but, more importantly to me, they talked about how wonderful and attentive the staff were to each of them. I had a loved one who is confined to a wheelchair attending the reception. We had noted this to Erin, who takes care of the logistics for the actual reception, when we submitted the seating chart. I later learned that during the actual reception, Erin continually checked in with her throughout the night to make sure she was comfortable and had everything she needed. For me, that extra care meant so much. As the event planner, Erin was extremely organized and super responsive. She always got right back to me with any emails. She greeted us when we arrived and was on top of everything throughout the night without us even realizing it. We loved every section of our wedding day and Butternut was a big part of that. I would highly recommend Butternut - we are so happy that we found them!

Sent on 01/21/2017

Taryn · Married on 07/30/2016

Butternut Farm Golf Club was the absolute perfect venue for us. From the moment we first met Hope and had our tour our minds were made up. Hope made the initial planning process so easy for us. She put us at ease and had us so excited about our decision. Hope explained to us that at our detailing meeting, three months prior to the wedding, we would meet with Erin, the function manager and she would take over. Hope sang Erin’s praises, which was very sweet. Once we met Erin we saw how everything Hope said about her was well deserved and absolutely true. Erin managed the details of the wedding flawlessly. When I would email either Hope or Erin with a question they would rapidly respond, often within an hour. The Butternut Farm staff runs as a well-oiled machine while still holding onto that family feel. This is a difficult balance to accomplish and the Butternut Farm staff does it so naturally.
    We have had many people comment that it is the most beautiful venue for a wedding they have ever seen. We have got to pay tribute to the amazing food. It was absolutely delicious! Many guests said it was the best food they had ever had at any event. I have particular dietary needs and the chef was very accommodating. They got me everything that I needed. Everybody enjoyed the food so much!
    My husband and I both recommend Butternut Farm for a wedding venue to anybody who is looking for a wonderful place to have their wedding. If you are looking for a beautiful venue with amazing staff who put you at ease and you want delicious food at your wedding then Butternut Farm is the place. I made a comment to my husband and Erin during pictures that I will forever stand by, it sums it all up for us. “Everything about this venue is truly perfect!” My husband and I are eternally grateful to Erin, Hope, and all the staff at Butternut Farm for helping us make our wedding dreams a reality. We are planning to come back and visit soon!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Jessie · Married on 07/23/2016

Butternut was the absolute perfect place to have our wedding! My husband, mom, and I visited Butternut for the first time in June 2015. It was one of seven venues we saw that week, but no other venue compared to Butternut. As soon as we stepped around back and saw the view of the golf course surrounded by beautiful trees and a pond, all three of us fell in love. We were even more convinced when we met Hope, who was so warm and inviting and made us feel like Butternut truly wanted us to have a special wedding.

My husband and I loved that Butternut is a family-run business rather than a corporate hotel like some of the other venues we saw: we are family people, so it made sense for us to have a family host our wedding. Over the months of planning, both Hope and Erin answered all of our questions, often responding to my emails within two minutes! Our wedding day at Butternut was truly the best day of my husband's and my life. The scenery was stunning and we had Erin behind the scenes making sure everything was running smoothly. We held our ceremony outside, which was absolutely beautiful, and moved inside for the reception. The room fit our 180 guests comfortably and allowed for all of those guests to dance almost the entire night. Butternut allowed us to add an extra hour to our timeframe which allowed us to enjoy our special day all the more.

Thank you to all of the staff at Butternut for truly making our wedding day more special than we could have ever imagined. We know we made the right decision in choosing Butternut and will cherish our memories there for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Jessica · Married on 07/16/2016

Butternut is a beautiful place to get married. We had our wedding outside and it was wonderful. The food is good and they are so easy to work with. Hope and Erin are so great and very responsive. I'm so glad we decided to have our wedding here, and couldn't imagine having it anywhere else.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Christina · Married on 06/25/2016

Absolutely beautiful day, and I thank you Erin and Hope for all your dedication to making this day go as smoothly as it did! I could not be happier with my venue choice and that is thanks to you! The room and grounds are breathtaking! I can not say enough good things about you and this venue, I would recommend it to anyone!!! The food is delicious, the staff was so friendly and helpful to any guest request, I could not have dreamt of a more perfect wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Kristen · Married on 06/25/2016

We chose Butternut because we instantly just connected to it and it's a small family owned operation. The venue is not only beautiful but their staff is amazing. Hope and Page made the entire experience easy, fun and worry free. I truly enjoyed working with them and everyone raved about how great of a venue it is! Thank you Butternut for making our day amazing!!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Christina · Married on 06/11/2016

Butternut Farm Golf Club was an amazing venue with even more amazing staff! My husband and I visited Butternut Farm and met with Hope, who was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and very easy to work with. She made the process of booking our wedding very easy and answered all of our questions very quickly. As we approached our wedding date we started working more closely with Carol, who was just as friendly and knowledgeable as Hope. Carol was on top of everything and made our wedding day as stress-free as possible. We could really tell that she cared about making our day special and our guests noticed as well. The grounds were absolutely beautiful, our ceremony was outside. All our guests keep talking about how pretty the venue was and how great the food was! The entire day flowed smoothly and Carol was on top of every second. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding!

Sent on 06/30/2016

We can’t say enough about Hope, Erin, and Butternut Farm! We had spent what seemed like forever looking at wedding venues and by the time we had our meeting with Hope we were extremely frustrated and about to put the search on hold for a few months to re-evaluate. But everything changed when we got to Butternut. From the moment we got there we knew we wanted to have our wedding there! Hope was so sweet and inviting, and it was clear that she truly cared about us and our day, we weren’t “just another number” to her. The venue is BEAUTIFUL and it was obvious they take pride in what they do (a huge seller for us was that they do 1 wedding a day so we wouldn’t feel rushed or like we were in anyone else’s way).

After signing a contract I expected the “wow” to stop but it didn’t. Both Hope and Erin (the day of coordinator) were more than helpful with all of our questions, and responded to our emails within hours. Erin exceeded our expectations by meeting with us (multiple) times before the wedding to get everything all squared away and seemed to be in 10 places at once the day of, making sure every little detail went off without a hitch, all our guests were taken care of, AND made sure we were comfortable and had what we needed (food, drink, you name it) literally at all times. I’m honestly not sure how she did it! The food was to die for (our friends and family are still raving about it), and the whole experience from start to finish was both fun and easy. We truly had the best day of our lives, and the Butternut staff are the reason why! The beauty of the building and grounds speak for themselves but what makes this place so perfect is the amazing staff, if you are considering Butternut as your venue you can stop looking now!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Erica · Married on 05/21/2016

From the moment my fiance and I walked in to Butternut Farm, we KNEW this was the place for us. The venue and the grounds are absolutely beautiful but the staff are truly what sets this venue apart from the others. Butternut is a family owned and operated business and the pride and passion they have made us 1000% confident that they would do everything they could to make our day magical, which is really was. Hope Page (Sales) is one of the sweetest women I've ever met. She was so helpful as well as patient and accommodating during the entire process. She just put us at ease with everything so when it was time for her to turn things over to Erin Page (Coordinator), I was sad! Then Erin just BLEW ME AWAY. She and her staff were absolutely amazing and did everything they could to make our day absolutely perfect and we just can't say enough about them. We were married on May 21st and the weather allowed for us to hold our ceremony outside which was so, so beautiful. Our guests loved the hexagon room for cocktail hour and the gorgeous reception room and are still raving about how beautiful and seamless everything was. Choosing a venue can be extremely stressful...until you meet with the Page family at Butternut and all your worries are gone. I would HIGHLY recommend choosing Butternut as the place to start the rest of your lives together. The Page family will forever hold a special place in our hearts and we will be visiting them soon for lunch and some golf! :)

Sent on 06/01/2016

Samantha · Married on 04/30/2016

We have nothing but great things to say about Butternut Farm Golf Club! The venue is beautiful and clean. The waitstaff were all polite and professional. According to my now husband, there was never a long line at the bar which meant the bar staff were quickly and efficiently getting drinks out to our guests. All our guests raved about the food and I even had a few guests tell me it was the best wedding food they have ever had! Having good food is a key factor to a successful wedding and Butternut Farm without a doubt pulled that off! But we could not have had such an amazing experience with this venue without the two women who made our wedding planning experience even better than we could have imagined, Hope & Erin. Hope was the person we worked with from the very beginning up until our detail meeting. She was super responsive to any and all questions we had about our big day. If I sent an email to her at 1pm she would have a response back to me usually within the hour. It was great to have someone that attentive and I truly felt that I was getting personalized attention even though I know she was also attending to other brides. Erin was a lifesaver! We worked with her starting at the detail meeting up through the big day. She made sure everything ran as smoothly as possible and kept the wedding timeline on schedule even when we ran into small mishaps. During cocktail hour/photos, she made sure I was getting food and always had a glass of Moscato in her hands for me which was really nice. She kept telling our vendors that it was her responsibility to make sure the bride was happy and everything was going as we had planned which was yet another sign of personalized attention that really stuck out and meant something to us. We looked at a lot of venues for our special day and I am so glad we went with Butternut Farm Golf Club as they truly helped us make our wedding the best day ever!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 11/14/2015

Butternut Farm is truly a top-notch wedding venue. My husband and I held our reception there on November 14, 2015 and we cannot say enough great things about it. Both Hope and Erin were great to work with and so accommodating throughout the entire process. Emails were promptly answered and Erin had no problem keeping track of my (many) requests and questions during the final few weeks. It was such a pleasure to work with them. My husband and I have received so many compliments from our guests on the venue, food and staff. Since our ceremony was held off-site, Butternut accommodated our early-arriving guests by opening the Grill Room prior to cocktail hour which proved to be a great move. Erin was literally on the front porch waiting for our bridal party to arrive and directed us outside to start pictures in order to stick with our tight timeline. My husband and I are still talking about how smooth the evening went. Erin and her staff were so attentive to us the entire evening, if our drinks were low someone would swoop in and ask if we wanted another. No detail went unnoticed. Friends have been saying how great their servers were and how much fun they seemed to be having while serving the guests. The food was piping hot and delicious. We have a lot of tough critics in our crowd but we have only heard rave reviews. Butternut completely exceeded our expectations and we are so glad we chose it for our reception. Hearing they won 'Couples Choice' is truly no surprise... Hope and Erin do such an amazing job and we couldn't be happier with the way the evening went!

Sent on 01/14/2016

Kristen · Married on 11/07/2015

Butternut Farm was the first venue we looked at and we fell in love with it from the start. The venue is a cozy environment with a fireplace, but still very elegant, and the grounds are gorgeous with a lake and lovely trees. Hope was amazing at introducing us to the venue and answering all of our questions both in person and in a million emails.
    At our planning meeting, both Hope and Erin were extremely professional and well organized, not leaving out a single detail. We felt so comfortable leaving things in their hands. They also answered all of our emails so promptly whenever we had questions, which also made us feel more relaxed.
    At the rehearsal and on the wedding day, Erin was amazing. She kept things on track, made sure we had everything we needed, and worked well with all of our vendors. Everything seemed to come together seamlessly as I was getting ready with my bridesmaids, and I was amazed at how great everything looked as I walked down the aisle (set up inside). The wedding itself was fantastic- the venue is so beautiful and our outdoor photos are lovely with the golf course background. The interior is beautiful and they did a great job with the tables. The food was outstanding- all of our guests raved about the hot pretzel appetizer and I personally enjoyed the filet as my main course. The party was great and everyone was so helpful and so accommodating. I would recommend Butternut Farm to anyone getting married in this area!

Sent on 01/13/2016

Stefanie · Married on 10/25/2015

After looking at several places, Butternut Farm was the best choice for me. Hope and Erin were both great to work with through the planning process. Hope was the initial contact person, and helped get everything started and as we got closer to the event Erin helped to get all the final details completed for my wedding and she was there for the night of my wedding. Both of them were very quick to respond to any of my emails/calls and were both very attentive to me throughout the entire process, it helped make me feel so comfortable that everything was going to be what I wanted. The day of the wedding, Erin was great making sure that my groom and I were taken care of and keeping things running on time. The staff was excellent, they were there during cocktail hour to make sure my bridal party was taken care of with food and drinks which we were taking pictures. With about 170 guests, I thought the room was perfect, it felt very intimate but not overcrowded. And the view out the balcony over the pond with the fall colors was great! I've had several of my guests tell me how good the food was as well, and that's always great to hear! Butternut Farm was the perfect place for my wedding, they really did an excellent job to make my day special!

Sent on 01/19/2016

Megan · Married on 10/10/2015

Hope and Erin made our wedding day absolutely perfect!
    We had looked at numerous venues online and several in-person, but we never had that “this is the one” moment, until we visited Butternut Farm. Not only is the venue itself beautiful, but the grounds surrounding the venue are picturesque, especially for our autumn wedding. We really enjoyed our wedding pictures taken outside on the greenway, with the pond in the background and at the covered wooden bridge.
    From the moment we toured Butternut Farm and met with Hope, we knew we had found not only our venue, but people who truly cared about executing our wedding day perfectly and the way we wanted. Both were quick to respond to emails no matter what time and always super pleasant to deal with. They were upfront and transparent. Hope, Erin and the rest of the Butternut staff were instrumental in ensuring both our guests and my husband and I had an amazing day. No detail was too small for them to get just right, and we continue to receive rave reviews from our guests as to the attention to detail, how everything looked “just right” and the high quality of the food. Erin made sure we were taken care of from the moment we stepped out of the limo as far as food and drinks, as well as keep the show running from introductions to reminding us to eat dinner to locating a social father for father/daughter dance?.
    Hope and Erin were there to lend their guidance and suggestions to help make our day as stress free as possible, while also giving us creative leeway to make the day and the venue “ours”.
    We would highly recommend you to meet Hope and Erin and have the best day of your life celebrated at Butternut Farm.

Sent on 02/22/2016

Hope and Erin made our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 02/22/2016

Lara · Married on 10/04/2015

Where do we begin? We can not stop smiling from our perfect wedding night, thanks in large part to the staff at Butternut Farm Golf Club. We knew we would be so happy on our wedding day but this exceeded our wildest dreams and our guests keep commenting on how lovely the venue was, how exceptional the food was (especially the scallops in bacon), and how seamless everything was. Although I was told how tasty the food was known to be, I had no idea it would be that good!
    Our friends came up to us to tell us how impressed they weee with the event manager, Erin and how she took care of us. Thank you so much for making our wedding day feel completely care free, relaxing and blissful! Erin and Hope are so accommodating and made us feel at ease.

It was an amazing wedding last night, I'm just so glad it was ours :)

Sent on 10/06/2015

Samantha · Married on 10/03/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at butternut on October 3, 2015 and it could not have been more perfect. Erin and Hope are so great so work with and our guests raved about the food and venue itself. I've already had two guests mentioned to me that they are considering Butternut for their upcoming weddings. The day of was stress-free thanks to Erin. She kept me in the loop but took care of everything. She even was holding my drink while we took pictures and would run over to give me a sip in between. Everyone loved having her around.

P.S. Make sure you get the butternut squash ravioli appetizer course :)

Sent on 01/14/2016