Busy Bee Catering Reviews

53 | Welches, OR

53 Reviews for Busy Bee Catering

Jason · Married on 09/21/2014

Fantastic food! We have used them a couple times and everytime there is more than enough!

Sent on 01/14/2015
  • W

Will · Married on 05/17/2014

5.0 star rating

6/21/2014

Janet and crew helped us through my Daughters Wedding with patience and a lot of added value both offering suggestions and challenging (in a nice way) ideas.

MY Daughter had things under control, not. So with little time tilll the ceremony Janet and I had several phone and email meetings and pulled off a fantastic reception for 200 people.

The number one attribute is Busy Bee's ability to be flexible to budgets and still deliver an excellent product. In our case we mixed and matched who provided what, for example we provided soft drinks and champagne and saved a bunch. On the other hand I did not want family or the wedding party helping with the meal. Janet provided resources that we both agreed on. The cost came in without any extra charges.

Highly recommended.

Will Toogood

5.0 star rating

6/21/2014

Highly recommended.

Will Toogood

Sent on 06/22/2014

Leann · Married on 12/06/2013

Thanks for taking such good care of us at our holiday party. The food display looked amazing and tasted so yummy. I never have to worry when you're in charge! Thanks again!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Mary · Married on 09/21/2013

We were very pleased. The food was cooked to perfection with great
    presentation. Jan and her staff were very efficient and great to work with.
    Whenever I contacted Jan, she always got back to me in a reasonable
    amount of time.
    I would highly recommend Busy Bee Catering to anyone. Our guests
    raved about the food.
    Thank you so much.
    Mary Jo and Mark Appel

Sent on 09/27/2013

Linda · Married on 09/21/2013

Busy Bee Catering catered my daughter's wedding last weekend and I couldn't have asked for more from a catering service. I have had food from Busy Bee Catering in the past, so I knew I would not be disappointed in the food. Jan was very helpful in putting together a great menu for appetizers and dinner, and as expected, the food was delicious. Their orzo salad with roasted vegetables was my favorite, and their broccoli salad was a hit with everyone. Instead of the traditional wedding cake, Jan prepared an amazing peach shortcake. I would highly recommend Busy Bee Catering for any occasion.

Sent on 09/27/2013

Bree · Married on 09/01/2013

Busy Bee catered our wedding in Hood River in September. They were wonderful to work with. Our food was incredible. People are still commenting on how great the food was at the wedding, and on the beautiful buffet presentation. Jan was always very quick to respond to emails and clear and upfront in her communication. The staff they brought along were very professional and responsive to our requests. The highlights for us in terms of food were the salmon with spicy shrimp topping, the stuffed mushroom appetizers, and the signature salad. When my husband and I walked into the building after having just walked down the aisle, Jan handed us a small plate of food, wanting to make sure that we took a moment to eat in a quiet moment before we went back out to spend time with our guests. It was a very thoughtful touch.
    We first met with Jan and Todd at their house to go over the basic plan about what we wanted. They are very flexible and accommodating if you have an exact plan in mind. We didn't really have a plan but wanted a meal that focused on local ingredients, so Jan was able to give us a ton of suggestions to choose from. We were really pleased with their pricing as well. It was much more straightforward than any of the other companies that we had spoken with. I would definitely recommend Busy Bee Catering to anyone. They were lovely to work with.

Sent on 12/06/2013

Liv · Married on 08/17/2013

Busy Bee Catering made our wedding absolutely magical. Jan and her husband Todd were helpful, encouraging, and wonderful from Day One. We used Busy Bee to cater our rehearsal dinner, wedding reception dinner, and breakfast the morning after. All meals were delicious (we got rave reviews from our guests) and even better than we envisioned. Throughout the weekend, Jan and her crew were timely, pleasant, and flexible. Jan and Todd were also incredibly helpful during our planning process; they cooked us a sample meal, were resourceful, patient, and creative in helping to solve our logistical conundrums, and always treated our celebration with respect and a cost-conscious eye. Jan also gave us great options for locally-sourced, organic food! Lastly, Jan and Todd know the Mt. Hood area very well and have great connections throughout the region. Because we had our celebration on Mt. Hood, we received enormous benefit from their connections, knowledge, and experience in the area. We were very lucky to find Busy Bee and not have to use a Portland-based caterer out of touch with our actual wedding locale. We give Busy Bee Catering five stars, two thumbs up -- the highest accolades possible. These are wonderful, generous people, and they made our event delightful. Many, many thanks Jan and Todd!

Sent on 08/21/2013

Cindy · Married on 08/10/2013

I live in Chicago and was traveling to Portland OR to throw a 60 th birthday surprise party for my sister. I was not sure how I was going to pull the party off. I was given three caterers names by one of my sisters friends and called Jan the owner of Busy Bee first. After talking with her I never even called any of the other caters on the list. She was so easy to work with and the party was a great success! The food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful! I would highly recommend her for any event that you are planning!

Sent on 08/11/2013

Vickie A. · Married on 06/22/2013

Our daughter recently got married and chose Jan & Todd Ostrom of Busy Bee Catering to provide appetizers and an evening meal for after the ceremony. What a great choice! Luckily, they were a preferred caterer at the event site as well, and we got an extra hour at no additional charge, because the folks there are so happy with how well the caterer cleans up after themselves and never a worry about having them on site.

The food was delicious! The meat, cooked on site, was so tender and flavorful; the salads were wonderful, hearty, and delicious; the fruit so perfectly ripe! My daughter really liked the heart shaped short cakes that were made for the strawberries, ice cream, and whipping cream (instead of wedding cake)! Since there were left overs, they so kindly bagged everything up for us, and we continued serving yummy left overs to family & guests the next day at our home.

We received numerous compliments on the food that night, and would recommend Busy Bee Catering for any event.

Sent on 07/12/2013

Linda · Married on 05/25/2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Busy Bee Catering andworking Jan Ostrum. They catered our daughters wedding last month and from the very beginning the experience was only positive. Jan had many food suggestions and options which helped us stay within our budget, all while providing a delicious meal and beautiful presentation that was honestly the talk of the wedding. Planning a wedding is hard, choosing the right vendors makes all the difference in the overall experience. Working with Jan and her staff was by far the best choice we made. I highly recommend Busy Bee Catering.

Sent on 06/22/2013

L. · Married on 07/13/2012

I cant say enough about this catering company. Jan and Todd are incredibly responsive, flexible and helpful. They went above and beyond to make sure that my son had a wonderful birthday party despite some challenging logistics that had to be overcome. Their baked goods are fabulous. I highly recommend Busy Bee Catering.

Sent on 07/14/2012

Joanne · Married on 07/06/2012

We used Busy Bee Catering for the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding. The wedding took place at a resort in Welches, OR, a very small town an hour outside of Portland. I was delighted to find a caterer there, in fact across the street from the resort! Given the location, I really had no other choice. Fortunately, the photos and reviews on the website were outstanding, and I got a very good feeling when I met Jan Ostrom, one of the owners. So we moved forward with them. We could not have been more pleased. We served 70 people at the dinner, and everyone raved about the food! The whole experience; working with Jan beforehand, the set up for the event, the help during the event, and the deliciousness of the food made the evening carefree and successful for my and husband and myself......and the bride and groom! I highly recommend Busy Bee Catering.

Sent on 07/25/2012

Nicole · Married on 01/20/2012

I recently had my wedding catered by Busy Bee Catering. The food was fabulous and there are many choices available to fit your specific needs. I would highly recomment their services to anyone planning an upcoming event!

Sent on 01/20/2012

Carol · Married on 01/12/2012

So pleased to hear Busy Bee Catering is venturing into the Gluten Free World. The GF cinnamon rolls you made are absolutly fabulous! We feel so fortunate to have been among the first to get to try out your newest gooey delight. It's so nice to know a caterer that is willing to go the extra mile to provide delicious gluten free items that we and all of our guests can enjoy. We have used Busy Bee on several occasions and have always appreciated your attention to detail and the beautiful presentation. We never hesitate to recommend you to our friends and have gotten many rave reviews from them as well. Thanks!

Lynann · Married on 12/17/2011

Busy Bee last catered our Christmas Caroling party a week ago, the food was fantastic! They also catered our wedding 3 years ago, we had a park setting and couldn't have been more impressed with the food and service we received. The food was presented in a beautiful manner, my friends have been trying to replicate the presentation when they have parties. The service was excellent, I almost felt as though we had a wedding planner with the suggestions and help we received from flowers to a wedding cake. I would highly recommend Busy Bee Catering to anyone in need of catering services. Thanks!

Jelly · Married on 10/08/2011

Coming from some one in the food industry, I couldn't be more excited that we used Busy Bee Catering for our Wedding. The food was delicious and the presentation was amazing, like something you don't see often. Our guests have been talking about the food ever since! They were very easy to work with and full of ideas we would have never thought of on our own. I thought they were easily affordable especially for what you get. I would definitely consider them for your next event! Thank You Busy Bee Catering!!!

Aiden · Married on 09/10/2011

We could not have been more pleased with the catering of our wedding. The food and decor displayed by Busy Bee Catering was second to none. Jan (the owner) was a blessing to work with and her ideas were phenomenal. I would recommend this catering company to anyone who is looking for gourmet quality without the gourmet price. They are wonderful to work with and very receptive to any ideas you have. It is a no pressure relationship with every request discussed to the fullest extent. Awesome people and awesome service. They have the fullest recommendation I can extend. Thank you Jan and Todd.

Sent on 01/09/2012

Keisha · Married on 08/13/2011

Busy Bee Catering did an absolutely phenomenal job catering my wedding and preparing the food into a culinary masterpiece that my guests will not soon forget. The presentation was a true art form! They stood by my me every step of the way and provided honest answers to my many questions. Food was affordable and delicious! I give this catering service my highest recommendation!
    Keisha Portland Oregon

Sent on 08/25/2011

Alicia · Married on 07/16/2011

Jan catered our after Wedding family party (we had an late morning wedding) and the food was nothing short of perfection! I would highly recommend Busy Bee Catering to anyone, for any event.
    Thank you!

Sent on 05/16/2013

Busy Bee Catering's reply:

Thank you Alicia for the kind words. As you know we have catered a lot for your family and it is always a pleasure to work with each and every one of you. Now I hear it's "raining babies" for all of you beautiful brides...how fun!
    Much love and thanks for including us in the most special of occasions...
    Bee Well
    Jan

Becca · Married on 09/18/2010

Jan/Todd... It's been almost a year and I still have guests from our wedding telling me how great the food was. Your passion for food/catering is amazing and your tables are works of art. We had more than enough to food... and were eating your yummy pulled pork for days after our event. We certainly couldn't have done it without you and appreciate your outstanding professionalism and customer service! Being in the wedding business myself I expect the best and you over delivered... I refer you to EVERYONE I know!

Becca - Affordable Wedding Decor. Rentals

Sent on 08/15/2011

Tamara · Married on 09/03/2010

Busy Bee Catering did an excellent job at my wedding. The food was beautifully displayed and there was a ton of it! My guests were so amazed at the quality and taste of the food, people have not stopped talking about how impressed they were! One of the things I found best about this company was the ease of planning and preparing. I was married in Oregon but planned my entire wedding while living in New York, and Jan was accommodating and had great suggestions to make my day even more perfect. I whole heartedly recommend this company!

Sent on 08/04/2011

Stephanie · Married on 07/28/2010

I officiated my best friends wedding at Cedar Springs Country Estate, This venue for catering is literally like a campground! Busy Bee blew me away with the preperation and display of food. Everything was hot, tasty and looked beautiful! I have attended other weddings there who didnt have BB catering their big day and let me tell you, everyone will remember how beautiful the bride is and how good or BAD your food was... with Busy Bee catering your guests will remember that they didnt go home hungry and how delicious it was! I still talk about it till this day how wonderful a job they did with what they had. If anyone can turn campground catering into a Gourmet kitchen its them! You won't be dissapointed if/when you book them for your big day!

Sent on 01/18/2012

Mara · event on: 11/09/2013

This is the second time we have used this caterer and again everyone raved about the food. What I also appreciate is her flexibility in trying to accommodate dealing with an out-of-state event planner, so we had to communicate via email, but that has worked twice now! Thank you Jan!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Karen · Married on 07/20/2013

Our experience with Jan and co. was great. Through the months of communication (via e-mail and phone) Jan was not only flexible but had great suggestions to make our daughter's reception wonderful. We requested a custom menu due to dietary restrictions so Jan prepared delicious vegan dishes.

There were a couple of minor items that prevent me from giving a perfect score, but these were quickly corrected by the staff.

I was very happy with the service and food and would not hesitate to recommend Busy Bee Catering to anyone planning an event.

Sent on 07/23/2013

Jan and Todd did a great job with the catering for our wedding. They are very personable. Jan was helpful in giving me suggestions for ALL aspects of my wedding. The first time I met with her I was lost. She gave me vendor suggestions & more and followed up with me later to see how I was doing. Food was good - although truth be told we didn't get to eat much of it. Super flexible. They were able to pull together a bartending team for us at the last minute too.

Sent on 11/09/2012