Buster Reviews

30 Reviews for Buster

Melissa · Married on 06/30/2018

3.0
      1.0

Used this company for my wedding and would I’ve them zero stars if possible. The limo was unbearable warm inside and they blamed this on the fact that the limo was black and it was a warm day. Don’t waste your money at this company!! Terrible customer service. I paid nearly $500 to sweat in my wedding dress for 20 minutes.

Sent on 08/18/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely Terrible Experience

I am leaving my EXACT conversation (minus personal information) with BUSTER below. I had 2 buses for my wedding and neither bus showed up/completed half the trip and I received $100 back and a 10% discount code (spent over $2K with them). RIDICULOUS. They did not even address the fact that even if their bus was "on site" we had the incorrect phone number and nobody saw them/could get a hold of them to get on the bus. I do not recommend using them at all, they are not customer focused - I sent them one note and never received a response so had to send a 2nd note and received a response.

WHAT I WROTE TO THEM:
    I sent this message 2 days ago through my trip manager and have not heard back so I am sending it again through your support e-mail.

Hello,
    I wanted to request a refund or at least a partial refund. I had two trips booked through Buster on October 6th, 2018 which was my wedding day and both buses failed to arrive at both pick up locations. We were informed that the bus that was supposed to pick up at 1234 XYZ Lane in Mechanicsville, MD had an incident and had to be towed. This was completely out of my control so I do not believe I should be charged fully considering half the trip was not completed. The bus that was picking up at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in King George, VA never arrived at the pickup location at 3:30 PM. The phone number provided from the bus company was incorrect and we could not get a hold of the bus driver. Again, totally out of my control so I do not believe I should be charged fully since again, half the trip was not completed. I booked two buses that were supposed to pick up from two locations at 3:30 PM for a total of about 70 people, all of these people had to either try to Uber/Lyft or drive themselves which was extra hassle and cost that we were trying to avoid by having the shuttles. Since it was less than an hour until my scheduled ceremony time at 4:30 PM when I was informed that neither bus showed up we had to take time to try to get in touch with the drivers and figure this out. Once we realized there would be no bus coming that would make it on time people decided to drive or Uber/Lyft, this ended up delaying our ceremony/ entire wedding and a decent amount of guests missed our ceremony even with the delay. This was extremely unfortunate considering the amount of time and money put into a wedding, we had family who flew from across the country to witness our marriage and missed it.

Once we finally got in touch with the bus that was supposed to be at the Holiday Inn in King George, the driver informed us that they were told pick up time was at 4:15 PM. My booking clearly says a pickup time at 3:30 PM so I am not sure where the confusion was. We were later told the driver was waiting at the hotel since 2 PM for what he thought was a 4:15 PM pick but nobody saw the bus; there were over 30 people anxious to get on the bus at 3:30 PM so had they seen it they would have approached the bus. Once my sister got in touch with someone from Buster, we said we still needed the shuttles for rides home so both shuttles did, eventually, show up to the venue.

I thought all was as sorted out as it was going to get finally until the end of the night when the bus driver going to the Holiday Inn in King George started to refuse picking us up for the final shuttle trip at 11 PM. My booking ended at 11:30 PM but he said he was told he had a 9 PM pick and 10:15 pick up and that was all he was doing. When I spoke on the phone with a Buster POC about 5 days prior to the booking date I specifically said a 9, 10:15 and 11 PM pick up from the venue which would end the night at the Holiday Inn right before 11:30 PM. My coordinator informed the driver that nobody was ready to leave at 9 PM so he did not have to do that trip but never said we did not need the 11 PM pick up. This ended up becoming an argument with the driver and a few guests so after my wedding I had to walk over and try to kindly reason with him, I tried to tell him I am the person that booked the shuttle, I had my booking up on my phone and he told me he did not want to hear it and he did not have to and would not come back to pick us up. The other bus driver that was going back to 1234 XYZ Lane in Mechanicsville, MD was extremely kind and stated she does not understand why he is refusing and that it clearly says it is part of the itinerary and she even started trying to figure out if she would be able to come back and pick us up. After the driver refusing the 11 PM trip spoke on the phone with who he said was his boss, I am not sure if this was a point of contact at East Potomac Tours or from Buster, he finally said he would come back and get us. This seriously created a lot of extra animosity when all we were trying to do was receive the exact service I had paid for and booked. Overall this was a terrible experience, I thought booking through Buster would help relieve some of the natural stress of a wedding day and be a great option for guests so they could enjoy our open bar and get home safely, the bus experience seriously made it so much worse. When I booked my trips I thought the idea of Buster was great and I even recommended Buster to friends prior to my experience that are getting married soon. I understand that Buster works with multiple, vetted operators - I think it is a great business idea but we clearly had a terrible experience with two bookings that were through your operator, East Potomac Tours. Buster appears to have great reviews so I am hoping that I was just a one off experience with your company. I hope you can work with me on a fair and reasonable solution.

BUSTERS RESPONSE TO ME:

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for giving Buster the opportunity to further research your recent trip with East Potomac Tours.

We've spoken with their management and reviewed internally the concerns you shared. The core issue for review was the delay caused by the driver error to the Mechanicsville, VA pickup location which East Potomac Tours has issued a $100 refund. While it may not be the answer you are looking for, we are unable to provide additional compensation for the trip as Buster's records confirmed that the lead driver (Leslie) was on location at 16348 Gateway Lane, King George, VA and idling starting at 2 pm ET. On the day of travel, Buster did speak with both Leslie and your POC at 5:04 pm confirming the status of both drivers and at that time the note that Michelle incorrectly released the group at King George, VA when the driver was on location. As a result, East Potomac has not issued an additional refund for this error.

We know you have a choice when booking ground transportation. We value your business and do hope you will keep Buster.com in mind for your next group travel. When booking your next trip, please use Promo Code SERVICE10 during check-out. This will provide you with a 10% discount off your next trip.

Sincerely,
    Niccos
    Manager, Customer Experience

Sent on 01/02/2019

Hello Jessica,

I am so sorry to hear our service did not live up to your expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to provide such honest feedback as this helps us work more efficiently. Our service, while technically “in the middle” isn’t simply hands-off; especially on the day of your trip. There is a series of checks that happen before your trip in order to make sure it goes smoothly. Even with all the perpetration still, sometimes things happen; vehicles break down, drivers are switched, traffic snags, weather doesn’t cooperate. Rest assured, Buster conducts an extensive review of each reservation to ensure your trip goes as smoothly as possible. When issues come up, we work with customers and our transportation providers to cooperate on a resolution.

As you have detailed in your review, two issues impacted the start of your reservation: 1) The vehicle to Mechanicsville, MD experienced a mechanical issue and required immediate replacement; 2) Your assigned point of contact for the day (Michelle) incorrectly released your passengers from the King George, VA location despite the fact that the recorded GPS showed the driver was staged at/near the pick up location starting at 2 PM (1 hr and 30 mins early). Please note, this was also the assigned lead driver who was in touch with your contact (Michelle) and reported the issue with the Mechanicsville, MD location bus. Buster works to ensure that communication is as seamless as possible and reached out to Michelle via recorded text message at 2:30 PM and provided the correct name and cell phone number for both your drivers, including the driver which you report was not communicated.

We apologize that you did not ultimately agree with your operator's refund decision on Oct 18, 2018, however, our team did not receive any follow-up communication from you to dispute the refund determination.

We know we can not give you back the experience you missed out on and would be happy to provide a copy of all messages sent to your point of contact (Michelle) for your records.

We’re confident we can provide an easier and better choice when you need to book ground transportation for a future event and hope you would give us a chance to make up for your poor experience. Feel free to reach out to our team at Support@Buster.com or 212-220-3856 and we'd be happy to discuss more!

Sue · Married on 08/18/2018

Absolutely horrible experience.

My husband booked three buses through Buster for our wedding day. One bus was to transport the bridal party during the day and that was done very well. However, the end-of-night transportation was an utter nightmare! We ordered two buses to shuttle our guests from New Jersey to the hotel and after-party (both which were in Manhattan).

BOTH BUSES LEFT BEFORE THE WEDDING ENDED AND BEFORE SCHEDULED! One bus left 15 minutes before it was scheduled to, (despite one of my bridesmaids urging the driver not to leave early because all the guests had not come out of the venue.) And we never even SAW the other bus -- and we later found out, the bus driver showed up and left more than 30 minutes before it was scheduled to!

Because both buses left before the wedding was over, we had about 70 people waiting at the end of the night in front of the venue. We were frantically calling both drivers, but no one picked up. Our guests had to call Ubers and Lyfts to get them to the hotel and after-party. It was absolutely embarrassing for us and a horrible way to end our wedding night. To make matters worse, Buster has gone dark and is not responding to our emails.

Please stay away from Buster. I wish I could go back in time and undo this, but unfortunately the memory of my wedding day is forever ruined by this incident and this company.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Kimberly · Married on 09/16/2017

3.0

We ordered two large charter buses to transport 110 guests from our venue to a drop off location about 30 minutes away. We were informed by our venue that ride-sharing services do not come to our venue and therefore decided on buses. My planner and I confirmed with Buster that they would be there. On the day of the wedding there were no charter buses for my guests. I called the bus driver that night and he was informed that my wedding was the next day. I was in tears crying to a random bus driver at 11:30pm the night of my wedding. He felt so bad and it wasn't his fault! Thankfully ubers ended up showing up and everyone was able to get home okay. I will say that Buster did refund our money and pay for all of our guests ubers due to their mix up. However, when I think of my wedding I remember this incident and how upset I was. I'm not letting it destroy my wonderful memories of my wedding day but I can't stop thinking about how angry I am with this company. I would NEVER recommend anyone use them for your wedding as it's not worth the risk. You spend all this time planning a beautiful day and you do not want something like transportation to flake on you.

Sent on 10/06/2017

Hi Kimberly,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent trip with Buster.com. It is only through feedback like yours that we are able to improve upon the service that we are providing to all our valued customers.

While an apology will regrettably not change the outcome of your experience on your wedding day I do extend it with deep sincerity from the entire Buster.com team. I certainly empathize with your points, especially having to order alternate transportation, and the poor experience you received as a result. This level of service is not acceptable and as you noted as been addressed with all groups involved as your experience became our immediate top priority.

As you mentioned, we worked quickly to ensure all concerns were addressed with the operator of your trip and have identified the root cause of the miscommunication. Our priority is to ensure that such an incident will not happen again to any other customers.

Again, please accept our team’s apology, and I hope that this will not put you off to using Buster.com again in the future as we work to make continuous improvements to our technology and partnerships to ensure a seamless experience.

Kindest Regards,
    Niccos

Hillary · Married on 07/07/2017

0.4
      0.5

After multiple emails confirming the date, time and destination of pick up and charging our credit card the full amount. The driver never showed up to pick us up to escort us from our wedding reception. We tried to contact the driver multiple times. We tried to contact Busters customer service and was put on hold for over 20 minutes while she tried to contact the driver. She never came back on the line, we finally hung up. My husband and I had to have a wedding guest take us to our hotel. Our grand exit was ruined as many guest left while we were trying to "deal" the the limo no show. You only get one chance to make a first impressions and Busters bombed on one of the biggest days for us. Won't be recommending or using them for any of our future events.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Buster's reply:

Hillary - we sincerely apologize for the bad service you received. There is no excuse for missing a pickup, especially one of this importance. The vendor we chose for this event had an honest mix up of the date since the pickup was after midnight, and while that's no excuse, the best we can offer you is a humble apology and a full refund. We have since implemented new processes to ensure that there is complete clarity on pickup dates and times, and will learn from this mistake. We will be contacting you to follow up.