Burroughs Home & Gardens Reviews

Burroughs Home & Gardens 7
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 12/06/2014

0.0

Do not depend on this location, they might cancel your wedding. My fiancé and I booked the Burroughs home for our december 2014 wedding in june of 2013, a year and a half in advance. After booking all of our vendors, some of whom had to pay for an Uncommon Friends membership to work at the Burroughs, and after spending months planning the layout, decorations, and meeting multiple times with the event coordinator to review all of their available furnishings, we received a phone call from the catering company telling us that the Burroughs home was canceling our wedding - 5 months before our date, a whole year after we signed the contract. The Uncommon Friends Foundation was responsible for canceling on us and they did not even make the phone call - nor did they return a call that made to them. We did get our deposit back but that was to be expected of course. I would have also expected some sort of communication or apology from the Burroughs home / Uncommon friends, but there was nothing of the sort. It was beyond disappointing. From what i understand, they also cancelled the wedding of the couple the weekend after us too. Just beware, this organization can not be trusted and does not know how to handle their clients.

Sent on 07/18/2014
  • User4381922 · 2+ years ago

0.0

An ABSOLUTE DISGRACE. First of all the Burrough's has new management and let me tell you they are beyond disorganized, liars and manipulators. They fired the wedding coordinator and never hired a new one and now the "wedding Coordinator" is the chef Rene and his sidekick Kris. They have lied to me since day one and are absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of. They pavillion that was promised and then taken back then promised again then taken back is no more...You would think they would tell the bride that the pavillion will not be happening especially just a couple weeks before the wedding but they did not tell me directly, they told a family member who told me. The entire wedding was based around the pavillion and they didn't even bother to tell me that I would need to try and plan something else last minute. I could literally go on and on about how awful my experience has been....they absolutely ruined my wedding and dealing with them was as bumpy and difficult as it gets. I do not advise anyone to have their wedding there.

Sent on 09/07/2014