Burning Silver Photography Reviews

6 | Durham, NC

6 Reviews for Burning Silver Photography

Alexis · Married on 08/17/2016

How can I possibly do Alex and Kallyn’s work justice in a short review? Alex and Kallyn were the photographers for our wedding and reception in August of 2016. Our ceremony was small (~20 people) and was outdoors at the Yates Mill Pond Park in Raleigh, followed by a small dinner at a local restaurant. We had a larger ‘food truck rodeo’ reception a couple days later in Durham, which was also outdoors.

My husband and I were not the best planners, and Alex and Kallyn went above and beyond the call of duty, helping us strategize and think through potential locations for the wedding ceremony, the best time of day to have the ceremony, and where at each location to take pictures. Alex and Kallyn were very thorough walking through the plan for each day and making sure they asked us what moments would be most important to capture.
    In addition to their thoughtful planning, Alex and Kallyn are just wonderful people to be around. I think weddings are stressful for every couple, and Alex and Kallyn were a calming presence throughout the entire experience. They were also great troopers, indulging us in our 2 day, 3 venue affair, which was mostly outdoors in North Carolina mid-August heat and humidity.
    If you look at the photos from our wedding, I think the pictures speak for themselves. What I love about Alex and Kallyn’s style – and what sets them apart from other photographers – is their ability to capture the emotion and spirit of some of the most important moments in peoples’ lives. While we have some traditional portraits from our wedding, our most treasured pictures are all of the moments Alex and Kallyn captured along the way -- from the sprinklers coming on as we were headed into the ceremony, to my husband’s best man wiping the sweat from his brow (on several occasions) during our vows. Those are the m

Imagine your best friends are also incredibly talented, award winning photographers. With Kallyn and Alex that is exactly what you get. They put us at ease immediately and we felt like we’d known them for a long time, an immeasurable gift when you are spending the entirety of a potentially stressful day with someone. They are both calming presences, and they knew exactly how to react in any situation. They are a thoughtful couple who care deeply about making sure your day is as perfect as you hope it will be. Their attitude is always positive and their imaginations are limitless. They are incredibly skillful in every aspect of photography from creating beautiful stills of a dessert tray to candid action shots of dancing. They experience as photojournalists shines. They were able to capture sweet moments without stalking like paparazzi and organize large groups for perfect portraits. They had an amazing eye for well-composed detail shots, and the ability to capture the excitement and fun of our wedding reception without anyone noticing, an invaluable skill for getting the surprise shots of family members dancing (who knew Uncle Rod could bust the move like that!). It was a joy to have them document our day and the results left us breathless. There is not one photo that we did not like. Our families continually marvel at the work, as they struggle to find the photos they want to frame. When we were searching for photographers, my wife Sarah and I looked through dozens of portfolios, we liked some, didn’t like others. But, when we saw the portfolio for Burning Silver there was no question, they were going to be our photographers. Don’t miss out on having Alex and Kallyn document your wedding.

Alex and Kallyn of Burning Silver Photography are the perfect wedding photographers. They are fun, professional and incredibly talented. It was important to us to find a team of photographers to make sure that every moment and detail was captured on our big day. They listened to what we wanted and were incredibly easy to talk to and be around throughout our entire wedding planning process and the wedding itself.

Alex and Kallyn are artists- from the lighting and composition of our portraits to the energy and emotion expressed in the photos of our reception, our wedding photos are more beautiful than we could have imagined. When we look at the photos (which we do, often), we feel like we're back in those moments all over again.

We are so happy with Burning Silver Photography - hire them! You won't regret it.

Alex and Kallyn of Burning Silver Photography were incredible to work with throughout the process, from the initial meeting to the day of the event. The final products - the photos - are exactly what we were wanting from our wedding. They are experienced photo journalists and seem to have an innate knowledge about where to be and what to have the camera pointed at in order to capture the little details of an event that end up being your favorite images. They took thousands of photos while managing to remain inconspicuous throughout the ceremony and party, something difficult to do, but exactly what we were looking for. They are willing to provide direction but wont push back when you say you would rather get back to party, which we both appreciated. Lastly, I think there is something special about working with a husband and wife team. They both know the right things to say, the right questions to ask, and the right moments to look for and I feel confident that clients all benefit from their relationship.

Burning Silver Photography create beautiful work. They are creative, energetic and the perfect team to capture our special day.

Meg · Married on 03/24/2012

Alex and Kallyn Boerner of Burning Silver Photography were in constant contact with us before and after the wedding and coordinated with the other vendors to ensure they caught every moment during the ceremony and reception. We discovered that having two photographers proved extremely beneficial; Matt and I prepared for the wedding at separate locations, so Alex was able to shadow my husband, Matt, while Kallyn accompanied me. When the ceremony started, they seamlessly worked together to shoot every angle while somehow managing to remain undetected by the guests. Then they good-naturedly corralled the wedding party for group shots. They made the process quick and painless and everyone looked their best.

Matt and I forgot to mention a secret, choreographed first dance we had planned, but Alex and Kallyn reacted without hesitation and captured truly remarkable action shots. I am also flabbergasted about their ability to photograph almost every wedding guest considering we invited more than 100! Some of those guests were beloved family members we seldom see, so having images of them was important to us.

After the wedding, Alex and Kallyn promptly provided us with edited, toned image files and then the prints (crisp and clear with brilliant colors) we requested. I keep many of the photos stored on my phone, and everyone who sees them compares them to a magazine spread. We recently moved into a new home, and framed images from the wedding were the first things we unpacked. They now hang in prominent positions on our walls and rest on our mantelpiece.

Most of all, Matt and I are extremely grateful for the quality Alex and Kallyn delivered. We dislike seeing ourselves in pictures – except the ones they shot. I can honestly say that I uncharacteristically feel beautiful when I view the images from our wedding. Thank you, Alex and Kallyn, for your incredible work! Your photographs were the best wedding gift we could have ever hoped for.