28 Reviews for Burning River Entertainment Group

Sound/PA System (2)
Uplighting (2)
Liability Insurance (1)
Photobooth (1)

Gene was absolutely amazing from the moment we met him at a wedding show all the way through to the end of our wedding day. He was incredibly flexible and accommodating with our nontraditional ceremony and reception needs; he helped out with our ceremony music, had a better sense of our wedding timeline needs than we did (thank goodness!), and helped us find the perfect karaoke version of "As Time Goes By" so my mother and I could sing a duet at the reception. Above all, we loved that he seemed to be having as much of a blast as we were the whole day! A guy who loves his work as much as Gene obviously does is always going to work to give you the best day ever, just like he did for us. THANK YOU GENE!!!! (P.S. My husband says: "I almost wish we had an excuse to contract with him again." Me: "Only almost?")

Profile Picture Megan, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I met this vendor at a bridal show. I never considered needing lighting at the reception. After seeing some of Gene’s other work, I knew it was something I wanted to add that extra touch. Burning River Entertainment did not let me down. The lighting made the room and our monogram coincided with our theme and really expressed us and our guest. Thank you Gene!!!!

Profile Picture Keli, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had such a good experience with Burning River Entertainment! From the moment we booked them until our wedding day we had great service and communication from Gene. The day of our MC Lauren and DJ Andy could not have been better. They went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect! We would absolutely recommend Burning River Entertainment to anyone looking for a great party.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

This group of guys is great! Professional and fun! I loved picking music at our meetings because I had no idea what to do and they were music pros! During the ceremony my do not play list was respected! haha, and they were very professional! Not a lot of slow songs but a great mix of everything! I think there was VERY few times the dance floor was empty! Throughout the night and time frames communication was kept! You won't be disappointed choosing Burning River! I kept getting told it was so fun and such a blast!

Profile Picture ericka, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth

Burning River was amazing. We had a fairly untraditional wedding reception and Eli was still able to capture exactly the feeling we were looking for. It was clear at the reception that his top priority was that my groom and I were enjoying ourselves rather than worrying about everything going right. After dinner, he knew exactly what to play that fit in our vision but still kept the party going! They really made the event so much more memorable.

Profile Picture Cara, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot say enough amazing things about this company and about Gene in particular. Every guest after the wedding absolutely raved about the music and the DJ. He went above and beyond to make it the best wedding dance party ever. He was extremely professional and organized during the planning process and we had so so so much fun with him at the wedding. I offer my highest recommendation for this company.

Profile Picture Joseph, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Extremely helpful with planning our timeline, fun, and a very nice guy. Gene did a great job and truly helped make sure we had a fabulous time!

Profile Picture Kara, 6/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Burning River Entertainment was a huge part of why our wedding was such great time! Gene and his group are true professionals and know this industry in and out. From the playlist all the way to the lighting, everything was on point! I couldn’t have been happier with their service!

Profile Picture Meghdeep, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used Burning River Entertainment and Eli was our DJ. He was funny, energetic and had the whole wedding dancing all night. He helped with the ceremony, he was fantastic. Guests raved about him after, so much that two of my friends booked him also, based off how well he did at our wedding. I DEFINITELY recommend!!!

Profile Picture mat, 6/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Eli was so much fun and full of energy. Great guy and our guests talked about him and the upbeat playlist for weeks after. We had the best party, the dance floor stayed packed. Such a great turn out!

Profile Picture Shauna, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

From our first meeting until the close of the reception, Burning River was very professional and accommodating. They gave great advice but always listened to what we had to say, and their website is a great resource. Even when the unexpected happened (a member of the wedding party couldn't make it; an outdoor setup and a surprise downpour), they handled it without missing a beat, no pun intended.

Profile Picture Martin, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

great service, enthusiastic management and staff and excellent value!!

Profile Picture Masha, 9/18/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Gene and his team are extremely professional and committed to making sure your wedding will be fantastic. Weeks after our wedding, our guests were still commenting on how much fun they had and how great of a DJ Gene was. We loved working with him and couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Profile Picture User7210013, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Just tell them what you would like and they will deliver

Profile Picture User7237140, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Everyone loved this DJ!! He made the night!!

Profile Picture User6020962, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

The YouTube videos of the different dJ's are so helpful in Picking out someone who matched our personalities. After watching dj Eli YouTube we knew we had someone who was real and would keep the crowd moving. The dance floor was packed all night from the very first song. DJ Eli was always willing to accommodate and help out in any way. Honestly besides the bride and groom he was the next most talked about part of the night in terms of how amazing he was.

Profile Picture Joseph, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were so blessed to have Gene help our wedding stay organzied. Very flexible and open minded on anything that you will want to do. We had soo many special requests and he never second guessed us. He even helped add to them. Quality music and entertainment equipment. We were pleased with the service, a very well rounded company that communicates well.

Profile Picture Stephen, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Gene was really helpful and made me feel so at ease. Couldn't have asked for a better dj

Profile Picture emily, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I have known Gene since childhood. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect. Gene and The Burning River Entertainment met and exceeded Tasha and my expectations. Everything from his use of technology, consultation before the wedding (which put us at ease), and the wedding experience was out of this world. Congrats Gene on the success of your company. Tasha and I will definitely be working with you and your company in the future.

Profile Picture Chris, 8/30/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Gene was a fantastic DJ. Worked with us in the months leading up to the event, but was never overbearing. Went out of his way to make sure he could accommodate any and all requests. Could not have been a better Master of Ceremonies!

Profile Picture Adam, 5/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Gene was great! Every one loved him and I had several people request his information after the wedding

Profile Picture Joy, 12/31/12, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer

They did a great job helping us plan out everything and the day of was flawless.

Profile Picture Edmund, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Great DJ!! Wonderful experience from start to finish, he respected my requests for music style and so much more, and was very friendly, professional and absolutely FUN at our wedding! Our guests and bridal party loved him. Great energy!

My only recommendation for improvement is that asking your DJ to scout the venue should be part of the process, even if it costs slightly extra. My wedding was out of town and trying to answer questions about location of outlets, capabilities to do uplighting and miscellaneous details created extra work for me -- another task on top of what was already a very compacted timeline. That was also the difference of being sold on uplighting vs. sticking with a vendor that already knew the venue. Very minor point, and overall not nothing that would sway me from recommending this DJ to someone else. He was amazing!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We worked with Gene for lighting, ceremony sound, and draping.The ceremony sound and lighting were great! The lighting was beautiful and really added to our event.

Profile Picture User6853265, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews