30 Reviews for Burlap and Beams

Tent Accessories (4)
Covered Outdoor (3)
Event Rentals (1)
29 Burlap and Beams Reviews

If I could describe Burlap and Beams in only one word it would be magical. This venue is absolutely one of a kind. My husband and I got married at Burlap and Beams this past weekend and that's exactly what it was, the most magical night. Our guests were and still are raving about how amazing the grounds were. After months of searching around for the perfect venue that wasn't just your average catering hall we came across Burlap and met with the owner, Terri, and fell in love immediately. Terri only had one date left which didn't exactly go with our original plan, but we immediately said we'd take it and it was the best decision we could have made. It was everything we had dreamed of and so much more. Terri was so accommodating throughout our entire planning experience and answered every question that popped up almost immediately. She never left us guessing about anything and helped to calm any nerves that arose throughout the last couple of weeks. I can not say enough good things about this venue or Terri, if you or anyone you know is looking for the perfect wedding venue, do yourself a favor and book Burlap and Beams!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/2/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at Burlap and Beams on October 21, 2017 and it was the wedding of my dreams. We could not be more thrilled with every aspect of our wedding. Terry went above and beyond to make sure everything was flawless and was so accommodating and friendly, we cannot thank her enough. We looked at hundreds of venues before selecting Burlap and Beams. Walking up the stairs into this beautiful barn you are taken away, the barn is breathtaking and everything we were looking for. We are already talking about hosting a 10 year anniversary party there.

Mary & Shawn Cordwell

Profile Picture Mary, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were so lucky to have found Burlap and Beams as it really was the dream venue we envisioned. The property was immaculate and it was the perfect setting for a perfect Adirondack wedding. You can tell Terri takes such great pride in the space and is constantly making great upgrades. It was awesome to be able to have some of Terri's props to chose from for our day as they really added a nice touch to our ceremony. We were fortunate to have an experienced off premise caterer, and would suggest it, as there are some logistical pieces to work out, in order to pull of a multiple coursed plated dinner. Our guests could not stop raving about how great it was to be able to mull around the property and enjoy the fire pit when they needed a quick break from the dancing!! We couldn't image a better flow and ambiance for our wedding than what Burlap and Beams provided!

Photo for Burlap and Beams Review - photo credit: Saddleback Studios & Mountainaire Gatherings
View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Colleen, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Set among the Adirondack Mountains, Burlap & Beams is a truly magical place, and we will always remember the incredibly day we had here. I cannot speak highly enough of Terri's willingness to work with us as we planned for our big day. After our initial booking, we had an unexpected conflict that required us to change the date. Terri was so kind and encouraging. Without hesitating she helped us re-book. We were working with several vendors who traveled from Philadelphia with us, and as the planning process progressed there were plenty of questions that came up. Terri was always ready and willing to exchange emails or chat on the phone in order to help. The venue itself is such a special place. Terri and her husband have put so much love into every inch of the property-- we especially loved the glow of the patio between the main barn and reception tent as the sun went down. We were fortunate that the rain on our wedding day let up just as we arrived and gave way to beautiful low hanging clouds on the mountains and a stunning sun set later on. With that said, Burlap & Beams is set up so that even in the rain you have plenty of wonderful options for the day. I would encourage anyone looking for an Adirondack venue to consider Terri's place!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at Burlap and Beams on 10.14.17. We first contacted Terri a year and a half before we got were married. I had so many questions being an event planner myself and her quick response time helped book the venue before even seeing it. I live in Boston and stumbled upon Burlap and Beams when I searched rustic venues in the Adirondacks. It wasn't easy trying to plan our wedding being so far away, but Terri made it seamless. To say the least, our wedding dreams came true. Everything was beyond perfect. We had all of our guests raving about the venue and said it was by far the best wedding venue they have ever been too. When I originally saw the venue, I was blown away. a year and a half later it was even better after all the upgrades Terri made to the venue. I would highly recommend Burlap and Beams to any single person I know who is looking for the perfect rustic wedding venue. Terri, you were an absolute blessing to work with and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making our wedding the best day ever.

- Sheila and Joe

Profile Picture Sheila, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Bridal Suite

B & B is an amazing venue with so much to offer! Several beautiful barns for lots of photo opps. The bridal barn is so quaint and decorated beautifully with a stunning purple sofa.
The ceremony takes place with the view of Three Sisters mountains in the lower ADKs. This was meaningful because our three sisters were attendants. :-)
Terri and her family make the venue special with lovely landscaping features and flowers for the season. They also provide a fire at night with chairs to sit around! The family is always making upgrades to the barns to make it a very desirable place to have your wedding.
The 2017 wedding season saw a major restroom addition off the main barn. Very impressive project done in a short time.
If you’re looking for an all around beautiful country style wedding, look no further. This place is it.

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I got married at Burlap and Beams over this past weekend 9/9/17. Words can't describe how amazing it was. We first saw this venue in the chronicle and we knew we had to go take a look. When I first saw it I knew that it was the place. I looked other places but nothing even compared to the beauty and romance that this place offered. Terri is truly amazing! Terri is so timely, knowledgeable and so nice. She is so good with answering any question you may have along the way. She genuinely wants to make sure that your day is perfect. She made this process a lot easier. The landscape of this property is beautiful. Terri makes sure to keep a wonderful array of flowers around the property which just adds that extra touch. The mountains that surround you are added bonus. If you are thinking of gettting married here I would definitely do it!

Profile Picture Emmi, 9/9/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tents, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I were married at Burlap and Beams this past Saturday. Though I knew our wedding would be incredible, it was beyond that! Having the Adirondacks as the backdrop as we exchanged our vows, provided the most breathtaking and picturesque views! The Barns provided the most beautiful rustic feels that kept everyone gasping! We included lawn games, a whiskey bar, and a food truck, which Terri welcomed without reservation! Having so many different spaces to utilize allowed guest to roam and gather where they felt comfortable! As the sun set, many guest spent time around the fire-pit, taking in the beauty of the barns and it surroundings! I can't express how lucky I feel to have had my wedding at Burlap and Beams! Thank you Terri for allowing Dave and I to have our dream wedding! 7.15.17 will always and forever be the BEST DAY EVER!!!

Profile Picture Michele, 7/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Bridal Suite, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

We just had our wedding this past weekend (May 13th, 2017) at Burlap and Beams in Athol, NY and it was absolutely amazing! Even though the weather was mid 50s and rainy, everyone who attended said how beautiful the venue was! Terri, the owner, made sure that there were heaters in the bridal suite, tent, and even the patio, which definitely made a difference for anyone who needed to warm up. Terri has been such a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process! She worked SO hard to make sure the venue was organized and presentable for our big day. Every time we visited the venue, we noticed more wonderful additions to the barns, tent, grounds, etc.- she is continuously adding more! I would highly recommend Burlap and Beams as a wedding venue if you are interested in a rustic, down-to-earth, charming, and intimate wedding! Thanks so much for everything, Terri!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Parking, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Terri is extremely supportive and accommodating! As parents of the bride, we have to say this venue exceeded our expectations. All of our interactions before, during and after our daughter's wedding at Burlap and Beams was enthusiastic, positive and professional, . There are not enough words to express how wonderful of a wedding we experienced. It is apparent that Terri puts her heart and soul into making each bride and groom have their dream come true. Thank you so much. Jim and Jean K. (p.s. guest feedback continues to praise Burlap and Beams!)

Profile Picture Jean, 11/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Burlap and Beams provided us with our dream wedding! The venue was so incredibly beautiful, from the picturesque mountains in the background, the flowers landscaping the barns and the gorgeous barns themselves. Terri, the owner, is warm, helpful and clearly loves what she does as is it shows in all aspects of the venue. If you are looking for a beautiful Adirondack wedding, contact Burlap and Beams.l

Profile Picture Meg, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our perfect wedding at Burlap and Beams! I cannot recommend highly enough. The setting and grounds are spectacular - all we had to do was set our tables and the rest was all set for us. The gardens, barn lights and decorations, cocktail area, and more - everything was gorgeous and perfect. The fields were perfect for our ceremony, cocktails on the patio and lawn, tent for dinner, and the barn just transforms at night for the partying! We also loved all the different areas for our guests to gather - the other bar and fire pit included. Terri Larson and Tim (handled bar) were great to work with. Terri was always incredibly responsive and so wonderful leading up to and on the day of our wedding. She really worked with us and worked hard on the day of our wedding. Their staff was incredible - moved chairs, tended bar and everything else without us ever noticing. The venue seemed like a splurge for us but it was worth every penny! Our guests were wowed by it and I think gave us lots of credit that really goes to Terri! We truly had the magical outdoors tent and barn wedding we envisioned.

Profile Picture Kirsten, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was amazing and a large part of that was because of Terri and her amazing staff! It rained on and off all day but we were still able to have the ceremony outside and it was all because of the flexibility of the staff. We didn't have to worry about umbrellas because Terri had us covered. She even fluffed my dress right before I walked down the aisle! Her recommendations were amazing and the vendors she works with (Pieceful Settings) just enhance her already amazing venue. I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for an Adirondack wedding of your dreams!

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding. Terri has done an incredible job at Burlap and Beams and she is great to work with!

Profile Picture W, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding day was everything we could have imagined - and more - at Burlap and Beams. I wasn't even sure what my "dream wedding" was until Terri and her team helped to make it come true! Terri was with us every step of the way from the moment that we stepped on her property to check it out. She had incredible vendors to recommend, she was always incredibly responsive, and worked with us to make sure everything would be just how we wanted it. Her property is so meticulously maintained and it's so apparent how much she has a passion for what she does. This venue was worth every penny. Thank you, Terri!

Profile Picture Kate, 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Can't recommend burlap and beams enough! It was an amazing wedding venue - Terri couldn't have been easier to work with and the setting made the evening, even though it seemed like the reception was help during a monsoon! Seriously, if you're looking to get married in the Adirondacks, think about Burlap and Beams first.

Profile Picture Jordan, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Burlap and Beams is a magical venue. Each time we visited the venue, it was more beautiful than the last. Terri is constantly adding to the venue to make it more beautiful (as if that were possible!). Our wedding at Burlap and Beams was beyond perfection. The whole night we received compliments from our guests on the venue and setting, everyone was blown away by the beauty. Terri is a pleasure to work with. She was professional, helpful, and communicative throughout our whole wedding planning process. She made us feel like family. She truly cares about her clients and you can feel how invested she is in your wedding day. This venue is breathtaking and we cannot speak highly enough of it or our experience with Terri. We are so lucky to have been married here. LOVE LOVE LOVE Burlap & Beams and Terri!

Profile Picture Kate, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Burlap and Beams is the perfect venue for any couple who is looking for a unique and special Adirondack wedding. The barns are stunning and the view is beautiful. Burlap and Beams is perfect for anyone who wants the ability to make their wedding day unique to their personalities. Terri is so helpful and strives to help in every step of the planning process. I highly recommend Burlap and Beams!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 6/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is wonderful!! Terri is very accommodating and extremely helpful!! Not only is the place beautiful but the service is amazing and Terri is always quick to respond to any questions I may have !! This is definitely the place to have a dream wedding ... Don't hesitate at all to book it !!

Profile Picture User4806802, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are no words to describe how amazing our experience was with Terri and Burlap & Beams! From the moment my (now) husband and I stepped foot on the property we knew this was the venue for us. I knew I wanted a rustic barn type setting and I must have visited every single barn in the tri-state area - but none held a candle to Burlap & Beams. First of all, not only are there several barns including a getting ready barn for the bridal party with a beautiful purple couch and fitted with beautiful antique mirrors and ribbons and a beautiful vanity (perfect for pictures!) but there are so many lights and decorations included as well as brand new bathrooms Terri recently had installed (when we booked the venue it was just a deluxe trailer which was still better than most other barn venues that require you to rent your own port-a-potty or trailer) so the bathrooms were an amazing surprise. The backdrop against the Adirondack mountains could not be beat. It was so nice having outdoor space, indoor space, the tent, AND the firepit which was a hit with the guests who are smokers. Kids could run around freely and no one ever felt on top of each other.. It is just an all around beautiful venue and the value you get for what is included like the chairs, tables, etc. literally cannot be beat. Terri works SO hard to make sure everything goes off smoothly - she deserves all of the success in the world for all of her hard work and dedication to making Burlap & Beams a dream wedding venue. We rented the rental house a few hundred feet up the road that was recommended on her site for us and our wedding party so the party could continue after 10pm - it was super convenient and a wonderfully spacious house for our wedding weekend rehearsal dinner and brunch. When we left the day after our wedding on Sunday afternoon we passed by B&B and Terri was outside putting a fresh coat of paint on the fence at the venue - she is out of this world!! 5 stars aren't enough! Thank you Terri!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Alanna, 7/8/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents

I apologize for the taking so long to get back to you, it's important to share great compliments. You undoubtedly deserve to know how our family felt after sharing this special day with you!! Burlaps and Beams, you out did yourselves this past Fall! Each and every details was paid attention to and to me that was a sign our family picked the right venue!! Thank you for making it a fun, carefree day like weddings should be. Terri, keep up the amazing work!!

Profile Picture Naomi, 10/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a beautiful setting for a DYI wedding. Burlap and Beams has gorgeous touches throughout the barns and property and Terri (the owner) was so helpful and was always available to answer questions. I was so happy to have B&B be the place to have my everlasting memories.

Profile Picture Annie, 9/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Burlap and Beams fulfilled my every wedding day wish and more. From the charismatic and historic barn speckled with dreamy white lights and charm to the stunning views of the adirondacks as a backdrop, this entire venue is spectacular. The mountains, babbling stream, lush floral and stone walkways and rolling green hills as far as the eye can see, our wedding photos are truly grand. Terri was outstanding in her treatment of each detail, as though it was for her own wedding. I cannot speak highly enough of this venue and the management. Five star!

Profile Picture Lee, 9/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Class, charm, beauty and outstanding management! I just cannot say enough how fortunate we feel to have found Burlap and Beams! I really had no idea where to begin in my planning process. Terri had the experience that I was lacking and gladly provided us with recommendations for caterers, music and even dinnerware! She was so enthusiastic and helpful that it felt more like help from a family member than a venue manager. Thank you Burlap and Beams and especially to Terri! Heather D

Profile Picture Heather, 7/12/14, 1 Review