Burlap and Beams Reviews

36 Burlap and Beams Reviews
  • Lorin

Lorin · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing Mountain Dream

My husband and I just recently got married at Burlap and Beams on 10/6/2018. This was the only venue we looked at it well over a year ago and I knew instantly it was perfect. The combination of an exquisite background of the lower Adirondacks, stunning renovated barns, and an owner who puts so much care and love into her property made booking Burlap and Beams a no-brainer.

All of my questions over the past year were promptly answered by Terri, not only with information but with a personalized genuineness that made me feel like I wasn’t just “another bride.” Over the course of the year, many upgrades were made to the already beautiful barns such as a brand new bar, upgraded chandeliers and lights, and more gorgeous plants and flowers than you can imagine (all planted and maintained by Terri.)

The day of our wedding was pure magic. The property was so gorgeous under the overcast, fall day. The fog over the mountains behind where we were married, combined with the foliage of the mountains, was epic and surreal. Terri switched out some beautiful hydrangea garlands over the cocktail hour space because she wanted fresh flowers for the day. (I’ll note that every time I have been to the barns she is out and about getting her hands dirty with planting and decorating.) The space is interactive multiple buildings. It is the perfect size, too. It didn’t feel too big for a smaller wedding of 80, such as ours. It is also large enough to hold many more people, without it feeling too cramped.

The main barn is literally done for you; you don’t have to do a THING. The lights, garlands over the brand new bar and on the walls, and new lighting create this amazing atmosphere. While she used to have a huge mason jar chandelier, she upgraded this past season to these gorgeous wrought iron chandeliers. With that said, even though this venue is a barn and it’s name may have the word “burlap” in in, it is by no means your run of the mill generic “rustic barn” style venue. Terri most definitely knows how to update the barn as the seasons change and different wedding decor goes in and out of style (as well as maintain the staples that remain season after season.) Burlap and Beams also has a barn that is filled with decorations. We used wood slabs for our centerpieces, chalkboard easels, and a number of other decorative pieces that were all there for us to use. In addition to the barns, the property extends to a flowing brook surrounded by trees. There are hanging lights scattered throughout the trees, as well. This made for an EPIC photo location, it was so gorgeous.

I am so happy we found Burlap and Beams. Terri is wonderful and an amazing owner of this gorgeous property. The value is excellent and if you are someone who visions a more DIY-style wedding where you can opt for something other than a pre-packaged plan, Burlap and Beams is for you.

Burlap and Beams 2
    Burlap and Beams 3
    Burlap and Beams 4
    Burlap and Beams 5

Emily · Married on 09/01/2018

THIS MADE MY DREAM WEDDING COME TRUE!! I am obsessed with this venue. It was great because you can do the ceremony outside with the mountains in the back then have cocktail hour outside, then you are eating in a covered tent and then there are still two barns to hang out in! We used the smaller barn for a whiskey bar (huge hit!) and a photo booth area. In the large barn was the DJ, bar, and dancing! If that’s not enough, there was even a fire pit with chairs all along it (great for s’mores). I am truly happy I found this place and the owner is absolutely amazing! I totally recommend this venue

Emma · Married on 07/28/2018

Burlap and Beams was the perfect venue for our summer wedding! The scenery is unbelievable; from the beautiful mountains in the background as we said our vows under the greenery filled arch, to the spacious patio where we had our first dance, the charming, rustic barns where our guests enjoyed the celebration, and of course the incredible gardens and landscaping. All of the perfectly curated spaces make for incredible pictures, which was something that was very important to us when choosing a venue. We were able to have our first look by the secluded creek on property, and we took photos posing in and around the beautiful barns and gardens.
    The owner, Terri, was so easy to work with and was very accomodating. You can tell how much she truly takes pride in making every couple’s day the best it can be. The attention to detail that she has put into the venue is amazing, and that really makes it a one of a kind place to have a wedding. All of our guests were amazed at how absolutely stunning the venue was (with minimal decor provided by us). We looked at many venues prior to finding Burlap and Beams, and one thing that really struck us was how impersonal and bare they all seemed to be, and how much work we would need to put into decorating them. When we first toured the barns, we could see ourselves getting married there just the way it was. Everything was so beautiful just as it was!
    We also love the layout of the venue. It has such a great flow to it! We were able to use the second barn as a whiskey bar and have a bonfire (complete with s’mores) after dinner. Our party of 140 guests never felt cramped or crowded as people were able to spread out to the different areas during the reception. The bridal barn was a perfect space for me and my bridesmaids to get ready in, complete with a big couch and chairs that were great for taking photos on, while my husband and the groomsmen enjoyed hanging out in the second barn prior to the ceremony.

Burlap and Beams 6
    Burlap and Beams 12
    Burlap and Beams 13
    Burlap and Beams 14

Jeanne · Married on 07/14/2018

Burlap and Beams was the perfect venue for our wedding! From the beautiful rustic barns, to the mountainous backdrop, to the wonderful landscaping, everything was gorgeous!
    Everything leading up to our wedding went very smoothly. We booked last minute, one of the last dates available for 2018. Terri was very accommodating, especially since we had such a short amount of time to book all of our vendors. She was very responsive whenever I had questions, both via email and text message. Don't let the initial 'rules and regulations' that she has in place scare you away. Everything that is asked of those attending or working the event are all in place to keep this wonderful venue the way it is....wonderful!
    The barns and outdoor spaces all have beautiful decor, which allowed us not only to save money but time as well. There was no need to worry about decorations as everything she has already in place is amazing. There are so many special places to take pictures. The newly renovated bar area was top notch. The lighting and flower arrangement above the bar, the bar top and the canoe hanging on the wall were all nice touches. She does a wonderful job keeping the place beautiful.
    We were one of the unlucky...or lucky....couples to have it rain during our outdoor ceremony. As a result of this we instantly needed a new plan to move the ceremony into the large barn. This was done without a hitch....other than being wet! Terri came to check on me to be sure I wasn't having a meltdown. This just goes to show you what a wonderful person she truly is. She puts so much heart and soul into this venue. It was a real pleasure to be able to work with her and get married at such a memorable place!

Burlap and Beams 15

Rebecca · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I got married this past June at Burlap and Beams. We loved having our wedding here and all of our guests were raving about how beautiful the venue was. We had our ceremony outdoors with an amazing view of the mountains in the background. The barns were decorated nicely and had the Adirondack vibe that we were looking for. Terri, the owner of the venue, was very helpful through the wedding planning process. We would highly recommend Burlap and Beams to any couple who is looking for a rustic, yet elegant wedding venue.

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

If I could describe Burlap and Beams in only one word it would be magical. This venue is absolutely one of a kind. My husband and I got married at Burlap and Beams this past weekend and that's exactly what it was, the most magical night. Our guests were and still are raving about how amazing the grounds were. After months of searching around for the perfect venue that wasn't just your average catering hall we came across Burlap and met with the owner, Terri, and fell in love immediately. Terri only had one date left which didn't exactly go with our original plan, but we immediately said we'd take it and it was the best decision we could have made. It was everything we had dreamed of and so much more. Terri was so accommodating throughout our entire planning experience and answered every question that popped up almost immediately. She never left us guessing about anything and helped to calm any nerves that arose throughout the last couple of weeks. I can not say enough good things about this venue or Terri, if you or anyone you know is looking for the perfect wedding venue, do yourself a favor and book Burlap and Beams!!

Mary · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I got married at Burlap and Beams on October 21, 2017 and it was the wedding of my dreams. We could not be more thrilled with every aspect of our wedding. Terry went above and beyond to make sure everything was flawless and was so accommodating and friendly, we cannot thank her enough. We looked at hundreds of venues before selecting Burlap and Beams. Walking up the stairs into this beautiful barn you are taken away, the barn is breathtaking and everything we were looking for. We are already talking about hosting a 10 year anniversary party there.

Mary & Shawn Cordwell

Burlap and Beams 16

Colleen · Married on 10/08/2017

We were so lucky to have found Burlap and Beams as it really was the dream venue we envisioned. The property was immaculate and it was the perfect setting for a perfect Adirondack wedding. You can tell Terri takes such great pride in the space and is constantly making great upgrades. It was awesome to be able to have some of Terri's props to chose from for our day as they really added a nice touch to our ceremony. We were fortunate to have an experienced off premise caterer, and would suggest it, as there are some logistical pieces to work out, in order to pull of a multiple coursed plated dinner. Our guests could not stop raving about how great it was to be able to mull around the property and enjoy the fire pit when they needed a quick break from the dancing!! We couldn't image a better flow and ambiance for our wedding than what Burlap and Beams provided!

Sent on 05/09/2018
    Burlap and Beams 17
    Burlap and Beams 18
    Burlap and Beams 19
    Burlap and Beams 20
    Burlap and Beams 21

Burlap and Beams's reply:

There is nothing more rewarding than hearing from a couple that got married here...Its so thoughtful of them to take the time and tell you how much they appreciate what you do ... I love this job and I always want the best for each couple getting married here at BandB... So from the bottom of my heart thank you Colleen for the beautiful review. I meant alot to me. xoxoxo

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2017

Set among the Adirondack Mountains, Burlap & Beams is a truly magical place, and we will always remember the incredibly day we had here. I cannot speak highly enough of Terri's willingness to work with us as we planned for our big day. After our initial booking, we had an unexpected conflict that required us to change the date. Terri was so kind and encouraging. Without hesitating she helped us re-book. We were working with several vendors who traveled from Philadelphia with us, and as the planning process progressed there were plenty of questions that came up. Terri was always ready and willing to exchange emails or chat on the phone in order to help. The venue itself is such a special place. Terri and her husband have put so much love into every inch of the property-- we especially loved the glow of the patio between the main barn and reception tent as the sun went down. We were fortunate that the rain on our wedding day let up just as we arrived and gave way to beautiful low hanging clouds on the mountains and a stunning sun set later on. With that said, Burlap & Beams is set up so that even in the rain you have plenty of wonderful options for the day. I would encourage anyone looking for an Adirondack venue to consider Terri's place!

Burlap and Beams 22
    Burlap and Beams 23
    Burlap and Beams 24

Sheila · Married on 10/07/2017

My husband and I got married at Burlap and Beams on 10.14.17. We first contacted Terri a year and a half before we got were married. I had so many questions being an event planner myself and her quick response time helped book the venue before even seeing it. I live in Boston and stumbled upon Burlap and Beams when I searched rustic venues in the Adirondacks. It wasn't easy trying to plan our wedding being so far away, but Terri made it seamless. To say the least, our wedding dreams came true. Everything was beyond perfect. We had all of our guests raving about the venue and said it was by far the best wedding venue they have ever been too. When I originally saw the venue, I was blown away. a year and a half later it was even better after all the upgrades Terri made to the venue. I would highly recommend Burlap and Beams to any single person I know who is looking for the perfect rustic wedding venue. Terri, you were an absolute blessing to work with and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making our wedding the best day ever.

- Sheila and Joe

Lisa · Married on 09/16/2017

B & B is an amazing venue with so much to offer! Several beautiful barns for lots of photo opps. The bridal barn is so quaint and decorated beautifully with a stunning purple sofa.
    The ceremony takes place with the view of Three Sisters mountains in the lower ADKs. This was meaningful because our three sisters were attendants. :-)
    Terri and her family make the venue special with lovely landscaping features and flowers for the season. They also provide a fire at night with chairs to sit around! The family is always making upgrades to the barns to make it a very desirable place to have your wedding.
    The 2017 wedding season saw a major restroom addition off the main barn. Very impressive project done in a short time.
    If you’re looking for an all around beautiful country style wedding, look no further. This place is it.

Emmi · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I got married at Burlap and Beams over this past weekend 9/9/17. Words can't describe how amazing it was. We first saw this venue in the chronicle and we knew we had to go take a look. When I first saw it I knew that it was the place. I looked other places but nothing even compared to the beauty and romance that this place offered. Terri is truly amazing! Terri is so timely, knowledgeable and so nice. She is so good with answering any question you may have along the way. She genuinely wants to make sure that your day is perfect. She made this process a lot easier. The landscape of this property is beautiful. Terri makes sure to keep a wonderful array of flowers around the property which just adds that extra touch. The mountains that surround you are added bonus. If you are thinking of gettting married here I would definitely do it!

Alyssa · Married on 08/19/2017

My husband and I got married at Burlap and Beams on August 19, 2017. We had looked at other venues but the moment we visited Burlap we knew it was the perfect place. Every little detail was exactly like we had dreamed. Terri is a wonderful person, and works so hard for each and every one of her couples. She was there for every question or worry we had and worked with us through every little struggle of wedding planning. We planned our wedding from states away as we are a military family and it couldn't have gone any smoother thanks to Terri. She even surprised us. When we booked the venue there wasn't any permanent bathrooms yet, as we were going through the process she informed us that they had recently built some as a convenience to all of her couples/guests! Absolutely amazing! She continues to improve upon the already incredible venue and I highly recommend having your wedding here <3 Thank you again Terri for everything!

Burlap and Beams 25
    Burlap and Beams 26
    Burlap and Beams 27
    Burlap and Beams 28

Michele · Married on 07/15/2017

My husband and I were married at Burlap and Beams this past Saturday. Though I knew our wedding would be incredible, it was beyond that! Having the Adirondacks as the backdrop as we exchanged our vows, provided the most breathtaking and picturesque views! The Barns provided the most beautiful rustic feels that kept everyone gasping! We included lawn games, a whiskey bar, and a food truck, which Terri welcomed without reservation! Having so many different spaces to utilize allowed guest to roam and gather where they felt comfortable! As the sun set, many guest spent time around the fire-pit, taking in the beauty of the barns and it surroundings! I can't express how lucky I feel to have had my wedding at Burlap and Beams! Thank you Terri for allowing Dave and I to have our dream wedding! 7.15.17 will always and forever be the BEST DAY EVER!!!

Alanna · Married on 07/08/2017

There are no words to describe how amazing our experience was with Terri and Burlap & Beams! From the moment my (now) husband and I stepped foot on the property we knew this was the venue for us. I knew I wanted a rustic barn type setting and I must have visited every single barn in the tri-state area - but none held a candle to Burlap & Beams. First of all, not only are there several barns including a getting ready barn for the bridal party with a beautiful purple couch and fitted with beautiful antique mirrors and ribbons and a beautiful vanity (perfect for pictures!) but there are so many lights and decorations included as well as brand new bathrooms Terri recently had installed (when we booked the venue it was just a deluxe trailer which was still better than most other barn venues that require you to rent your own port-a-potty or trailer) so the bathrooms were an amazing surprise. The backdrop against the Adirondack mountains could not be beat. It was so nice having outdoor space, indoor space, the tent, AND the firepit which was a hit with the guests who are smokers. Kids could run around freely and no one ever felt on top of each other.. It is just an all around beautiful venue and the value you get for what is included like the chairs, tables, etc. literally cannot be beat. Terri works SO hard to make sure everything goes off smoothly - she deserves all of the success in the world for all of her hard work and dedication to making Burlap & Beams a dream wedding venue. We rented the rental house a few hundred feet up the road that was recommended on her site for us and our wedding party so the party could continue after 10pm - it was super convenient and a wonderfully spacious house for our wedding weekend rehearsal dinner and brunch. When we left the day after our wedding on Sunday afternoon we passed by B&B and Terri was outside putting a fresh coat of paint on the fence at the venue - she is out of this world!! 5 stars aren't enough! Thank you Terri!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Burlap and Beams's reply:

You have no idea how happy this review makes me .. I actually teared up. It is so heartwarming when couples that got married at Burlap and Beams, such as you, take the time to so kindly review us and my barns. I absolutely love what I do and it makes it all the more worthwhile when I hear from you how much you appreciate what i do. I am so thrilled that I can share it with couples like you I really am. Your kind words and praise makes what I do even more rewarding and worth every minute. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't thank you enough. Lots of love and happiness to you both. Love, Terri

Nicole · Married on 05/13/2017

We just had our wedding this past weekend (May 13th, 2017) at Burlap and Beams in Athol, NY and it was absolutely amazing! Even though the weather was mid 50s and rainy, everyone who attended said how beautiful the venue was! Terri, the owner, made sure that there were heaters in the bridal suite, tent, and even the patio, which definitely made a difference for anyone who needed to warm up. Terri has been such a pleasure to work with throughout the whole process! She worked SO hard to make sure the venue was organized and presentable for our big day. Every time we visited the venue, we noticed more wonderful additions to the barns, tent, grounds, etc.- she is continuously adding more! I would highly recommend Burlap and Beams as a wedding venue if you are interested in a rustic, down-to-earth, charming, and intimate wedding! Thanks so much for everything, Terri!

Jean · Married on 11/15/2016

Terri is extremely supportive and accommodating! As parents of the bride, we have to say this venue exceeded our expectations. All of our interactions before, during and after our daughter's wedding at Burlap and Beams was enthusiastic, positive and professional, . There are not enough words to express how wonderful of a wedding we experienced. It is apparent that Terri puts her heart and soul into making each bride and groom have their dream come true. Thank you so much. Jim and Jean K. (p.s. guest feedback continues to praise Burlap and Beams!)

Meg · Married on 09/04/2016

Burlap and Beams provided us with our dream wedding! The venue was so incredibly beautiful, from the picturesque mountains in the background, the flowers landscaping the barns and the gorgeous barns themselves. Terri, the owner, is warm, helpful and clearly loves what she does as is it shows in all aspects of the venue. If you are looking for a beautiful Adirondack wedding, contact Burlap and Beams.l

Kirsten · Married on 08/27/2016

We had our perfect wedding at Burlap and Beams! I cannot recommend highly enough. The setting and grounds are spectacular - all we had to do was set our tables and the rest was all set for us. The gardens, barn lights and decorations, cocktail area, and more - everything was gorgeous and perfect. The fields were perfect for our ceremony, cocktails on the patio and lawn, tent for dinner, and the barn just transforms at night for the partying! We also loved all the different areas for our guests to gather - the other bar and fire pit included. Terri Larson and Tim (handled bar) were great to work with. Terri was always incredibly responsive and so wonderful leading up to and on the day of our wedding. She really worked with us and worked hard on the day of our wedding. Their staff was incredible - moved chairs, tended bar and everything else without us ever noticing. The venue seemed like a splurge for us but it was worth every penny! Our guests were wowed by it and I think gave us lots of credit that really goes to Terri! We truly had the magical outdoors tent and barn wedding we envisioned.

Lisa · Married on 08/13/2016

Our wedding was amazing and a large part of that was because of Terri and her amazing staff! It rained on and off all day but we were still able to have the ceremony outside and it was all because of the flexibility of the staff. We didn't have to worry about umbrellas because Terri had us covered. She even fluffed my dress right before I walked down the aisle! Her recommendations were amazing and the vendors she works with (Pieceful Settings) just enhance her already amazing venue. I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for an Adirondack wedding of your dreams!

• W

W · Married on 07/30/2016

We could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding. Terri has done an incredible job at Burlap and Beams and she is great to work with!

Kate · Married on 07/23/2016

Our wedding day was everything we could have imagined - and more - at Burlap and Beams. I wasn't even sure what my "dream wedding" was until Terri and her team helped to make it come true! Terri was with us every step of the way from the moment that we stepped on her property to check it out. She had incredible vendors to recommend, she was always incredibly responsive, and worked with us to make sure everything would be just how we wanted it. Her property is so meticulously maintained and it's so apparent how much she has a passion for what she does. This venue was worth every penny. Thank you, Terri!

Jordan · Married on 07/09/2016

Can't recommend burlap and beams enough! It was an amazing wedding venue - Terri couldn't have been easier to work with and the setting made the evening, even though it seemed like the reception was help during a monsoon! Seriously, if you're looking to get married in the Adirondacks, think about Burlap and Beams first.

Kate · Married on 06/25/2016

Burlap and Beams is a magical venue. Each time we visited the venue, it was more beautiful than the last. Terri is constantly adding to the venue to make it more beautiful (as if that were possible!). Our wedding at Burlap and Beams was beyond perfection. The whole night we received compliments from our guests on the venue and setting, everyone was blown away by the beauty. Terri is a pleasure to work with. She was professional, helpful, and communicative throughout our whole wedding planning process. She made us feel like family. She truly cares about her clients and you can feel how invested she is in your wedding day. This venue is breathtaking and we cannot speak highly enough of it or our experience with Terri. We are so lucky to have been married here. LOVE LOVE LOVE Burlap & Beams and Terri!