Burge Weddings Reviews

Burge Weddings 3
Burge Weddings 4
Burge Weddings 5

Deona · Married on 08/17/2013

The Burge Plantation offered a quaint elegance for my daughters wedding. Dawn the wedding coordinator helped us with every step and made the event flawless. Chef Andrew prepared a wonderful reception from cocktail hour to cake cutting. The food and staff were remarkable...We can not say enough good things about The Burge or it's staff!

Sent on 09/06/2013
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/14/2013

My wedding at Burge Plantation on July 14, 2013 was picture perfect! The entire wedding planning process could not have been more stress-free or gone any more smoothly thanks to Dawn at Burge. She was incredibly helpful and flexible, making sure my day was everything I wanted it to be, going above and beyond to plan and make sure things ran smoothly the day of. The venue is beautiful, with all the country charm and character of an old southern plantation.

We have received a lot of positive feedback from guests at our wedding, mostly about how AMAZING the food was!! The chef at Burge did an extraordinary job of catering the menu to fit our taste and budget, and with the farm-to-table approach he uses with all the ingredients, everything was extremely fresh, flavorful, and delicious! Everyone said it was by far the best wedding food they have ever tasted.

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't consider having my wedding anywhere but Burge Plantation!!!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Our daughter was recently married at Burge Plantation and my husband and I could not have been more pleased with the professionalism and friendliness of the staff. Dawn, the wedding coordinator, answered all our questions thoroughly and made sure the ceremony and reception flowed smoothly. Andrew, the chef, created a meal that would rival a 5 star restaurant. As one guest said, it was not only the best food he had eaten at a wedding, it was some of the best food he had ever eaten anywhere. We are so happy our daughter chose Burge Plantation for her wedding.

Sent on 04/28/2014

Terri · Married on 06/01/2013

Charming and impressive would describe the setting for the wedding for my son and daughter-in-law. Dawn was a wonderful wedding planner, who along with chef Andrew helped plan the outdoor garden rehearsal dinner. The evening began with a cocktail hour with passed appetizers. The farm to table menu for dinner was outstanding. It ended with a delicious buttermilk sorbet for dessert. Lovely floral centerpieces were arranged from the Burge organic gardens. We then had an after rehearsal dinner party at Paula's Porch with a blue grass band for entertainment. The cabins around the property were convenient and cozy for the wedding party and family. Of course, I can't say enough about the outdoor beautiful wedding ceremony in front of the big historic house and the fabulous reception afterwords! The staff were all professional and we have only the highest praises for Chef Andrew and Dawn.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Alexandra · Married on 05/11/2013

Burge Plantation and their wedding staff made our special day and our experience so amazing! Dawn and Chef Andrew provided amazing service and food that our guests are still talking about to this day. I grew up spending every weekend at Burge and I had made up in my mind that this is where I wanted to marry the love of my life. My experience surpassed all my expectations and was absolutely perfect. I recommend this venue and staff to any and all wanting to make their wedding an unforgettable and perfect experience for themselves and their guests!!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Joyce · Married on 04/06/2013

My husband, Jonathan and I, were married back in April of 2013. Burge was the perfect location and setting for our wedding! Every guest came up to us telling us how beautiful it was. We also could not have asked for a better wedding coordinator than Dawn, she was such a joy to work with and helped our day run so smoothly. We are forever grateful! The staff there was also extremely helpful and kind, and the food cooked by Andrew was amazing! Big thanks to Burge for helping us celebrate our special day!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Debbie · Married on 10/20/2012

I can not say enough about our experience at Burge Plantation, You expect professionals, good food and a smooth event but everyone at Burge became like our family, Chef Andrew's food was excellent. Guest are still talking about the collards! He worked with us for gourmet country using Burge's organic gardens to make it so fresh, Dawn the wedding planner is a ball of energy. She thought of things before I did. She had vendors in the wings to make our dreams happen. It was a beautiful venue for a fall wedding but in the spring all the flowers would be blooming. We used indoor and outdoor areas that flowed together. I have to say, renting tents and stages and things like that are less expensive out in Mansfield too. I am not sure why anyone would want a cold hotel reception when you can have a plantation wedding with all the trimmings in this beautiful home and grounds. P.S. the photos are spectacular with this back drop.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Desiree · Married on 09/29/2012

The Burge Plantation was the best place for our wedding. The day turned out to be perfect and flawless :). We are still getting comments on our special day and it's been over a year! We highly recommend this venue for all services.

Sent on 12/29/2013

Maggie · Married on 06/16/2012

From the very beginning we knew Burge was the perfect venue for our daughter and now son in laws wedding! The same day we contacted them to check on availability they quickly responded and set up a meeting to review what their venue could offer for our special celebration. The wedding coordinator was by our side for all decisions and handled our requests and specific details perfectly. She as well as the entire staff went above and beyond to make all of our guests feel welcomed. She worked "behind the scenes" to insure we were all on track for the beautiful wedding ceremony as well as the perfect wedding reception. Throughout the evening our guests were commenting on the delicious appetizers that were continuously passed to individuals as well as a fine dining experience as dinner was served. Our guests enjoyed the beautiful venue as they danced in the open green area under the stars. As the parents of the bride, my husband and I both enjoyed our evening because all the details were handled by the professional staff at Burge. We never thought about anything but enjoying our evening with our special friends and of course family! I was so surprised to see the wedding cake wrapped tightly and all of our personal items stored neatly in the corner of the reception hall once the wedding ceremony had concluded. This attention to detail from the wedding coordinator truly overwhelmed me. We highly recommend you consider Burge to plan your wedding ceremony and wedding reception. The staff is in constant communication with you through the entire planning stages of the special event. They are quick to answer all questions through a phone call or email message. We did have fantastic weather for this outdoor ceremony but the venue and the courteous and helpful staff at Burge really made this wedding the most wonderful wedding day we could ever dream of for our daughter and now son in law. This was a very memorable for everyone!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Emily · Married on 06/09/2012

We had our wedding at Burge Plantation last summer, and it was a wonderful experience all-around. There were several great places to choose from to have the ceremony, and the reception area is conveniently less than 100 yards away. The wedding planner and staff thought of everything beforehand, and the day of the wedding was perfect! All of the guests enjoyed the reception space and had only good things to say about the food. We had a band there, and there was the perfect amount of space for tables, food, cake, and dancing. It was a perfect day in the perfect spot!

Sent on 12/11/2013

Terri · Married on 06/02/2012

As mother of the bride, my prayers were answered the day my newly-engaged daughter fell in love with Burge Plantation. When she said, “This is the type of place I envision marrying Nicholas,” I quietly praised God in my heart. Our search for the perfect venue (with a realistic deposit) was causing a bit of stress. She had several musts on her list: 1) outside ceremony 2) inside reception 3) a back-up if it rained & 4) had to “just know & feel” this was the place. We visited numerous venues & my daughter conducted exhaustive research for the perfect place. The drive from our meeting at The Fox in Atlanta to our appointment with Dawn Leonetti at Burge was tense. I’d already visited Burge alone & knew it was beautiful & I could afford the reasonable deposit, paying the balance over the next ten months. The city seemed too stressful for a wedding, but Burge’s calm, country setting seemed perfect.
    We walked through the charming, indoor reception area noting the outdoor patios on each side. Next we wandered through the beautiful garden next to the pool in back of the white, turn-of-the century style house. As we strolled around to the gorgeous, spacious front lawn, my daughter said, “I’m falling in love with this place.” Yes! “I can see me & Nicholas getting married here.” Double yes!! Meeting Dawn, the planner, director & organizer, sealed it for us. Her professional, energetic & engaging personality won us over. We found out that 2 of the beautifully decorated cabins on the property included a night’s stay the night of the wedding. Instead of renting a venue for 3-4 hours, the price covered the entire day & all the grounds for everyone to enjoy. My daughter's dream wedding was fulfilled because of Dawn & the staff at Burge. As mother of the bride, it was one of the best days of my life, stress free, because I didn’t have to lift a finger.
    Almost 2 years later, our experience with Burge brings deeply, grateful & happy memories & will for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 02/19/2014
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 04/09/2011

It was hard to believe that the women running the plantation could create the vision I had of my reception into something even more beautiful than I was imagining, but they did!!! The plantation itself is beautiful and the staff was very accommodating and professional. I'm still being told by some of our guests that the food was the best they had ever eaten, and I agree. I almost feel guilty for paying so little for such an amazing reception. If you do choose The Burge Plantation look into the honeymoon cottage, that just topped off an absolutely perfect day!!

Sent on 10/19/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 05/30/2015

Burge Plantation is the REAL DEAL! From the moment we visited the venue until the moment the reception was over, we received fabulous service! Dawn, the wedding planner, is very organized; returns your emails/phone calls quickly; took care of details that we wouldn't have thought of and kept us laughing throughout the process. Dawn is every bride's best friend!
    As far as the venue, the chef is amazing and the food is a cut above the norm; the service is impeccable; the lawns/gardens are so beautiful. Our daughter got married underneath two large oak trees - a dream come true for her. Every server worked diligently with a smile on their faces. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Evelyn · Married on 10/18/2014

Dawn was amazing through the entire process, from planning to the actual day. I was amazed at the level of detail she offered in the smallest of things. She made us feel extremely welcomed and did a wonderful job. We shopped every venue within a 50 mile radius of loganville and nothing compared to what the Burge offered as well as Dawn and her staff. I highly recommend them to everyone that is in the market for a venue, whether it is for a wedding or any type of gathering. Almost forgot, the Chef is amazing!!!!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Renee' · Married on 04/05/2014

The venue has several staging options, which is great because you can never predict the weather in early April. The grounds are gorgeous this time of the year. I also found the food was excellent. The shrimp and grits was my favorite. My favorite appetizer was the crab and andouille sausage dip. Dawn Leonetti helped me every step of the way planning the Rehearsal Dinner. She's on top of everything, and always follows up with you. I found that extremely important. It was a perfect day for our family.

Sent on 04/08/2014

Morgan · Married on 10/26/2013

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

My husband and I had the most magical wedding weekend at Burge. Dawn is an incredible (and very patient) wedding planner who was so easy and fun to work with. Our guests raved about the food prepared by Chef Andrew, saying it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. And the setting was perfect- so naturally beautiful.

Growing up in Atlanta, I knew I wanted a wedding that was unique yet somewhere that was near and dear to my heart. I grew up going to Burge and it was so fun to be able to share such a special place with my friends and family. We made a weekend of it, having the groomsmen lunch, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and brunches both Saturday and Sunday on the property. Dawn and the Burge team made sure everything ran smoothly, accommodated our many requests, and made sure all of our guests and attendants had an amazing time. It truly was a special weekend and I would recommend it to anyone! My only regret...not having my bridal lunch there too!

Sent on 12/19/2013